006

Breaking Free
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

SOHEE.

I had sensed that we were being followed a short distance after we stepped out of the motel. I could hear two more pairs of faint footsteps treading behind, stopping when we stopped and continuing as we did. Were they here to get me? I lowered my head and tried to estimate my odds if I tackled them. From their light footsteps, they should be girls. It shouldn’t be a problem if I chose the right spot. I spotted a turn ahead. Perfect. I just have to act fast and take them on one at a time.

The girls were surprisingly easy opponents and I had them under my control effortlessly. “Who sent you both? Why are you girls following us?” the girls made no attempt to reply my questions and merely whimpered weakly for help. What are they trying to pull now? If they are here for me, they shouldn’t be so… vulnerable. “Don’t test my patience; I can break your arms.” I applied more pressure on them. There must be more than the two of them. Someone else must still be in hiding. I pulled one of their arms further back and the girl screamed in pain. “We’re just fans of Yunho oppa! We saw the news that oppa is on a vacation and decided to follow when we saw someone who looked like him!” the other girl spoke up upon hearing her companion’s cries and glanced in Yunho’s direction. That’s right, Yunho is here too! I looked up in time to see him jerking out of his trance. He was beside me in a second and pried my hands off them.

“I believe my fans mean no harm, we should just let them go!” Yunho checked for bruises on their arms with worry written all over his face. I felt something tug at a corner of my heart. Was it guilt or was it jealousy? The girls had the complete trust of Yunho even though he probably met them for the first time today. The look in his eyes was so soft and caring. He bowed repeatedly and extended his apologies. “I’m sorry, I’m here for a vacation and my bodyguard is just concerned about my safety when she realized we were being followed. Please accept my sincere apologies.” Yunho’s voice was gentle. Really gentle.

Why are you so kind? You were there when I wanted to shoplift, yet you still placed your trust in me and followed me all the way here. When your fans are injured, the concern you express shows how compassionate you are. You never once questioned me extensively about my past although my actions must be really weird in your eyes. Are you really that nice or are you just plain stupid?

I watched quietly as Yunho comforted his fans and requested for them to keep tonight a secret so that he could enjoy the remaining of his vacation in peace. His fans must be nice people too, for they apologized as well for following us and wished Yunho a pleasant break and that they can’t wait to see him onstage again. Yunho kept bowing to them even as they went off. I can’t help but to feel a pang of shame. It was a trouble that I started but Yunho cleaned up after my mess. He really shouldn’t have met me. I shouldn’t have agreed to let him go on the run with me.

“Sorry, I didn’t mean to imply that you are my bodyguard. I just thought it was the best way to explain w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter