010

Breaking Free
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

YUNHO.

Although I knew this day would come, I didn’t expect it to be this fast and painful. I probably wasn’t thinking much about it when I first decided to join Sohee on her run. I just wanted to take a break, a breather. It felt nice having someone to accompany me. She was a great runner and had a feisty temper, and that makes her an excellent and interesting partner. But when we had to part today, I felt a strange wave of emotions enveloping me. For the first time, I saw her shedding tears. They were glistening under the sunlight and made obvious by the reflections on the vehicle window. She was pounding hard on the van, pleading for them to open up. Was she aware of her tears? Did she hurt her hands?

I wanted so much to break free and get off the van, to wipe her tears and check on her hands. But the bodyguards holding me back were only doing their job, and it would not be right to fight them. After all, they had been protecting me for so many years. Even if we were not especially close, I wouldn’t want to hurt them. And what about manager hyung? He finally found me. If he lets me go, how will he report back to the company? What punishments will he face? I had already caused too much trouble with my recklessness. Would it have been better if I did not interfere with Sohee’s matters that night at the convenience store? She didn’t want to have anything else to do with me, but I had begged her to stay and listen to my story. I even forced her to let me tag along with her. What was I doing? Where were my judgment skills? If not for my rash actions, nobody will be hurt now. But if I didn’t meet Sohee that night, does that mean I will be able to continue leading an arranged life? Do I really regret running away?

“Yunho,” there was a soft knock on the door before hyung stepped in. “Arrangements have been made and you will return to your schedules from tomorrow onwards.” That was fast. I thought they might even lock me up and keep me away from the public as punishment. Looking out of the window, I stared at the sky. The magnolia clouds dotted the sky, perfect for a picnic by the beach. If only I didn’t get caught… “Yunho, come to your senses!” hyung grabbed me by my arms and shook my body agitatedly. “Forget about that lady. You are the leader of DBSK. You have the company and your fans to answer to.” He was nearly shouting in my ear. I understood his well intentions, but does the heart and mind simply forget at whim?
“Hyung…” a plan formed in my mind. Perhaps it was an outrageous proposal, but everything I did after meeting Sohee was nothing short of crazy. “I want to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter