003

Breaking Free
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

SOHEE.

“You can go to sleep if you’re tired. I’m going to shower.” I grabbed my bag and entered the bathroom without turning to look at him. That was close. I need to be more careful and prevent myself from revealing more about me. But I have another trouble now that I know Yunho is indeed the leader of DBSK. I could rat on him and call his company to inform them about our location once he’s asleep, or I continue the journey with him. It would be more tiring and difficult to hide a public figure, but he makes an interesting companion and we can look out for each other. Images of him paying for my gummy bears and keeping a lookout while I slept flashed pass in my mind. “He’s kind. And he trusts me.”

When I got out from shower, he was still awake. “I want to shower too. You can sleep if you’re tired.” He grinned as he walked past me into the bathroom. Honestly, I wasn’t that tired but I don’t want to be awake when he’s done. No chances of him trying to get anything out of me. It is better for him if he doesn’t know more about me too. I wonder if there is anyone searching for me now? Most likely. I need to be more careful now. We might be far from Seoul, but it’s only a matter of time before they advance past Seoul too. It’s not as if we can escape out of the country either. I pulled out my phone from my bag, tracing the borders. My voice mailbox must be full of messages. Suddenly, I realized that I have not seen him turn off his mobile phone. Throwing my phone aside, I jumped off the bed and crept over to where his bag rested on the chair. Rummaging through his bag isn’t very ethical, especially when he trusts me so much to be following me even though he knew I had no plans made. I allowed my body to fall back into the comfort of the bed. I will have to ask him then. I don’t want to risk being caught and mistaken for a thief, even though that might have been the first impression I left on him.

I can feel the sleep bugs advancing as the hands of the clock ticked away. Is he showering or putting on a concert inside? How much longer is he going to take in there? I stifled a yawn and propped my body up so I wouldn’t get too comfortable on the bed and fall asleep. It felt like a century has passed before the tightly shut door of the bathroom finally opened and Yunho stepped out, humming as he towel dried his hair. “You’re still awake?” he smiled awkwardly. “I told you to sleep… I usually take long in the bathroom.”
“I see what you mean now. That must be a sold out concert with the bathtub as your VIP.” He took even longer than I did to shower. I’ve never seen a guy stay inside the bathroom as long as he did! “I was just going to check with you that you have your phone switched off.”
“Oh, that? Of course it’s off!” now I feel stupid for even staying up to ask him that question. Of course it’s switched off! Of course!

***

“Hey, let’s take the train!” he suggested excitedly over breakfast. “I haven’t taken the train in ages!”
I nodded briefly in reply. I hope we’re far enough to be able to take the train without fearing that we will be recognized. Growing conscious, I pulled my beanie lower. Yunho must have noticed, for he pulled his cap lower too. “Should I put on a mask? Or wear a pair of glasses?” he whispered loud enough so only our table would hear. The others seem occupied with their breakfast anyway.
“Glasses would be good. And maybe you can stop shaving. That’s the best natural disguise.” I suggested. His eyes lit up as he broke into a smile. “

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter