013

Breaking Free
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Stepping out of Incheon airport under the protection of their bodyguards, all Yunho wanted was to grab some sleep before they head for a magazine shoot. They had been in Japan recording for their new single, Superstar, and there were also preparations for an upcoming Japanese album. Although he was thrilled, the sleep bugs have completely invaded his body at this point. Getting onto their van with Chang Min, Yunho nodded at the fans crowding around the vehicle before it drove off. ‘I suppose being a fan is tough too… where do they get the money to purchase all the different versions of our releases if they are always following us around? How do they study or work?’

Watching the bodyguards staying behind to restrain the frenzied mob as the vehicle pulled further, Yunho couldn’t help but have his mind wander onto Sohee again. She was the very reason why he failed to have any sleep for the past week. He had plenty of chances to grab some snooze in between schedules, but he couldn’t fall asleep. Whenever work wasn’t occupying his mind or when he closed his eyes, he would see Sohee’s tears as she pounded on the van. There was no news at all about her assignment as his personal bodyguard. He needs to have his mind at ease before he can actually get any rest! “Hyung!” Yunho suddenly shouted, waking up a cranky Changmin who was trying to nap. “You still haven’t told me how is it. Have you talked to management about Sohee yet? I want to see her right now!” Manager hyung remained silent and continued swiping on his tablet. Looks like Yunho will have to take some drastic measures if he wants to have things go his way. Although he would feel a little apologetic towards manager hyung, he needs to be assured that Sohee is going well. The only way to do that would be to keep her by his side where he can look after her 24/7.

***

“I said I’m not eating this.” Yunho looked expectantly at manager hyung. He has been picking on his hyung for the past three days over every little thing. Even Changmin was getting fed up as Yunho held up their schedules which in turn delayed bedtime. “C’mon, hyung. Just let Sohee become his bodyguard and we can all lead our lives happily ever after! There’s no other reason why Yunho hyung would suddenly be so difficult!” Changmin was trying to contain the annoyance he felt, pulling a forced smile at manager hyung. The eldest scratched his head as he tried to think of something that would curb Yunho. He cannot imagine what would happen if he proposed something as ridiculous as this to management. “Yunho ah, please just cooperate with me. I need to earn my keep too.”
“No Sohee, no deal.” Yunho was adamant.“
C’MON ALREADY, HYUNGS!” Changmin finally lost his cool as he watched the two oldest behave so immaturely. “She’s just a bodyguard, not a wife!”

Yunho lounged casually browsing through the channels on television, hoping that there would be something that can bore him to sleep. Changmin was already snoring away in his bedroom, and Yunho wished he could be doing the same. His under eye circles were getting so bad that even the makeup artiste was question

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter