018

Breaking Free
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

SOHEE.

I thought bloodshed will be going down, but instead I’ve been hearing congratulatory messages everywhere I went with Yunho. Could I really believe that our path would be this easy when we’re talking about the largest fanclub, Cassiopeia, here? Fidgeting restlessly in my seat as I waited for Yunho and Manager to finish up the meeting, I kept myself occupied with Naver search engine results on my relationship with Yunho. Originally skeptical about this, the forum messages have finally convinced me that the fans have accepted me into their family. ‘Yunho oppa can’t possibly make a wrong decision about who he loves. Hwaiting!’, ‘Unnie, please feed Yunho oppa more food. He’s too skinny!’; ‘I bet oppa doesn’t dare to bully you. Make him do all the housework for you and make sure to take pictures of him in an apron for us~’ I giggled at the last one and looked up when my phone got pulled out from my grasp. Yunho extended a hand towards me and flashed a warm smile when I took his hand. “How did the meeting go?”
“You’re my lucky star, of course everything went well.”

Trust the biggest entertainment company to raise the white flag when they get attacked by mobs of angry fangirls. Yunho seems relieved now that the heavy weigh has been lifted off his chest with the company agreeing to our relationship, but he still seemed to be bothered. “Yunho? What are you thinking about?”
“Well… shouldn’t we arrange a date for us to visit your father?”
“What for, when we’re no longer related?” the happiness in me dwindled upon his mentioning of my dad. Do I still hate him? I don’t know. I have been trying to stop thinking about him and have been successful so far with my job as a bodyguard, but the mention of him now unsettles me. His unsteady back view as he left the other day constantly came back to mind and I couldn’t help but to feel worried. Did he get back home safely? Why am I still concerned about him?
“I know how you feel.”  I felt Yunho’s warm hand closing tightly around mine. “We’ll face this together.”

***

“I don’t think this is really necessary, let’s leave.” Eyeing the once familiar house, dread took over me again. Setting foot into the house was akin to entering a prison. No one would voluntarily do that. Without waiting for me, Yunho pressed the bell firmly and spoke into the receiver when Ahbuhji’s voice came on. The gate unlocked moments later and taking my hand in his, Yunho led the way in.

Ahbuhji was wiping one of his precious swords from his collection when we entered. Even with his back on us, he still felt as authoritative as I remembered him. Looks like he wasn’t bothered one bit by his missing walking stick after all. Yunho cleared his throat and bowed a ninety degree bow. “Nice meeting you for the first time, I’m Jung Yunho.” Ahbuhji remained still and silent as he continu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter