001

Breaking Free
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

YUNHO.

I was only toying with the idea of running away, me being too tired and all. I thought a walk around the neighborhood would clear my mind, and so I went ahead against the protests of my body which screamed sleep. I was only going to pop by the neighborhood store and get something as an excuse if anyone asks why am I out so late at night when I should be using my precious hours resting. That was my original plan. But this lady caught my attention, the way she hesitated amongst the aisle, seemingly deep in thought. It suddenly dawned on me that she might be trying to steal from the store. But she didn’t look like the type who would have to. ‘Maybe she’s just hungry and she forgot her money? But she shouldn’t risk her future just for a pack of...’ my eyes narrowed in on what she was looking at. ‘…gummy bears. What if she got caught? That’s crazy.’ Before I knew it, I was heading towards her, the compassion in me wanting to bring her back onto the right path.

But now, as I sat before her, with my only disguise – the cap – away from its purpose of hiding my face, she doesn’t seem to recognize me. “You don’t know me?” I was a little hopeful. Maybe she would be someone whom I can talk to openly. I watched as she sprang onto her legs… looking furious? I immediately got up too and held onto her arm, half afraid of losing someone that I can talk to. There’s only so much stress a person can hold in. “I’m sorry if I offended you. I will explain. Please?” I was nearly pleading, and I saw a forlorn shadow cast over her eyes as she sat down again. I slowly lowered myself back onto the bench. How should I go about telling her? “Do you know DBSK?” I asked carefully. She looked at me as if I was speaking in a foreign language. I guess that means a no. “Well then… nice meeting you for the first time, I’m Uknow Yunho.” I offered my hand which she scrutinized before taking. She dropped my hand after the second shake, not as friendly as I thought she was earlier. “I’m the leader of DBSK.” understanding the confusion written across her face, I briefly filled her in with some details.

“Our schedule is insane! We travel to different countries every single day and there is no rest time. No vacation.” I looked up at the night sky. “I love the stage, I love my fans, and most importantly, I love Dong Bang Shin Ki. This is my dream and I’m contented with it. But my passion is getting overworked and I really need a break. Honestly, I considered running away tonight.” I sighed, imagining the beach, a mountain climb, and just my bed back at home in Gwang Ju before glancing at her. She had her head lowered, staring at the ground making no comments. Or so I thought, until she spoke. “But you’re lucky. At least you get to chase your dreams. You have people supporting you. Cassiopeia and your family. You’re stupid to want to run away after what you finally achieved. You can take a break, but you shouldn’t run away."

I stared at her, a little astonished. Sure, I’ve heard this before and thought about it myself too, but hearing this from someone who attempted to steal… maybe there was more to her. There seem to be some underlying message about herself in what she said. “Did you run away from home?” I asked again. She nodded her head briefly. “So you d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter