WATER

General's Daughter

I stepped into the water and felt my feet sink into the wet sand.I giggled and went further in,letting the water rise up to my knees.

The water was clear and I saw shells and even small creatures swimming and crawling around.

"Hyemi ah,don't go too far out,you can't swim."

I turned to Yongguk,"Who said I can't swim?"

"General said you couldn't swim very well so-"

"Aniya,I just don't swim as well as those guys at the navy,that's why he said that."

Yongguk nodded,understanding but still watching me.

"Come into the water if you're worried about me,you can't save me if you're like a lap or two away from me."

He considered and took his shoes and socks off,leaving them at a side.He rolled his pants up and came over to me.I smiled and looked back into the water,seeing the little fish swim around my feet.

"Woah,aren't you guys scared of me?"I lifted my foot slightly and they swam off.

I laughed,"Yah yah don't run away!"I wanted to go after the fish but Yongguk got his arm around my waist,"Don't move around so much,it isn't good for your ankle."

I pouted,"It doesn't hurt much anymore anyway."

"Hyemi ah."

"Nae nae ara."

He lifted me back to shore and sat me down on the sand,just nice for the waves to touch my feet.

Yongguk sat next to me and I yawned,the sound of the water was making me sleepy.He glanced at me,"Tired?"

I nodded.

"Here."He patted his shoulder and I rested on it without thinking twice,I just wanted to rest.I took a deep breath,"Yongguk ah."

"Nae?"

"I want to go home."

I felt his body stiffen slightly.

"After this okay?I want to go back."

"Hyemi ah."

"Mm?"

"I don't think you can go home today."

"Waeyo?"

"Erm,I want to bring you someplace else."

"Eodie?"

"Its quite far,but don't worry,I already told General."

I raised an eyebrow but shrugged it off,"I hope appa gets some sleep,he seems tired."

"He'll be fine,so its okay."

I closed my eyes and let sleep take over.But I heard his phone vibrate and I shifted a bit.

"Yeoboseyo?"

I kept my eyes closed.

"Nae General."My father?

"She's asleep now.Arasso,I'll take her as far away as I can,I'll report our location to you the moment we arrive.Nae,take care sir."

He hung up and shook me slightly,"Hyemi ah,ileona."

I opened my eyes and Yongguk carried me,"Don't sleep here,I'll let you rest in the car."

I wrapped my arms around his neck,shaking my head,"Where are we going?"

Yongguk sighed,"Hyemi,I need to get a doctor to take your bandage off,you okay with that?"

I nodded,"Of course,I wanted to get rid of it a long time ago."

He buckled me in and I realised there were bags in the backseat that I didn't realise earlier."What are the bags for?"

Yongguk sped off,engine roaring,"Our clothes and other things."

"How long are we staying out?"

He looked at the rearview mirror,"I'm not sure,but its okay."

I started getting worried,"When will I get to go home?"

"I don't know,but hopefully soon."

"Wae?Why hopefully?"

"Hyemi."

"I want to see my father,where is he?"

"He's at work."

"Ani,"I felt my pockets and my bag,"Where's my phone?"

Yongguk watched the road and I panicked,"Let me talk to my father!"

Yongguk held my hand,"Hyemi stop don't do this,relax."

I took a deep breath,"Eodie?"

"Just sleep,everything will be okay."

"Yongguk ah!"

He looked at me,eyes full of control,"Its okay."

He patted my hand and kept his arm across my waist.I leaned back in my seat and glanced at the rearview mirror.

There were four cars following us.I recognised those cars,the full bodyguard patrol was here.

I closed my eyes,something is wrong.

 

==============================================================================================