NOT TOO CLOSE

General's Daughter

We went to get some dinner before going home.Yongguk sat me down gently before sitting opposite me.

"What are you eating?"

I looked up at Yongguk,"I don't know."

He turned back to his menu and scanned through the pages.I sighed,what's he asking me for?He doesn't even care.

"Are you okay with fish?"

I stared at my menu,not realising that he was talking to me.

"Hyemi?"

Either my brain or ears were sleeping because I really wasn't paying attention.

"Hyemi ah."

I jumped and kicked the leg of the table."Ah apa."

Yongguk kneeled down immediately and pulled my chair out to see my ankle.The other tables were watching us,really intently.

I stared at them,then back at Yongguk.

"Gosh its swelling,leave it for a while,and please be careful,just until the swell goes off,I'll check again later."

"Mianhe."

"Its your ankle,don't apologize to me."

I nodded and Yongguk pushed my seat back in again.Those people were still staring.I glanced around and felt really uncomfortable.

Yongguk noticed,"Kwenchana?"

I shook my head,"Its nothing."

He turned and I think he saw those people staring as well."Hyemi."

"Hmm?"

"Why are they staring?"

"I don't know."

"Well then,"he cleared his throat,"Are you okay with fish?"

I nodded,"Okay."

He called the waiter over and he took down our orders."Okay,so two set meal C's and what drink can I get this couple?"

I looked away,why is everyone calling us that?Yongguk stammered a bit,"Erm we're not a couple or anything-"

"Ah right,you guys will be getting married soon,of course,considering that you just proposed to her earlier."

I stared in shock,"Bwoh?"

Yongguk looked at the waiter then at the people around him,"Ah,no I wasn't proposing,I was-"

"Its okay,we've seen many couples propose here before,I'll get some wine for the two of you then,on the house."

Yongguk and I just stared at him blankly while he took our menus away.The waiter left and Yongguk rubbed his neck awkwardly,"Erm,wow,sorry about that."

"Bwoh?"

"Aish now everybody thinks we're a couple."

I didn't like the way my heart was enjoying the situation,so I ignored my crazy heart,"Mianhe,you should be getting this sort of stuff with your girlfriend huh?"

Yongguk stared at me,"Bwoh?"

"I mean,you should not be getting this sort of stuff with me,you probably get more of this with your real girlfriend."

"What are you-"

"Wine for the both of you?"I looked up at the waiter,"Yeah yeah thanks,unless you don't want wine in your diet?"

Yongguk glared at me,"I'll have some wine,thank you."

The waiter poured a bit of wine for Yongguk and he continued glaring at me.I looked away,is he getting angry at me?

I sighed and the waiter filled my glass,"More please."

The waiter stared at me but continued filling the glass.He stopped and I took a sip before gulping down the whole glass.

Wow that felt nice."Pour."

The waiter poured another full glass and Yongguk asked him to bring the bottle away.I drank slowly this time,tasting the wine properly.

"What do you think you're doing?"

I stared at Yongguk,"I'm drinking?"

"You don't gulp alcohol down like that."

"I can because I'm not driving later."

Yongguk's voice got even deeper than ever,if that's possible.The authority in his voice is no joke,"Hyemi,this is your last glass."

I sighed,"Okay fine."Thinking about it,he'll get into trouble if my dad finds me drunk after he took me out.

We ate our dinner in total silence and I gulped down whatever was left of my wine.I felt light headed,which only proves that I really cannot drink much.

"Hyemi?"

"Hmm?"

"We're going home."

I pressed my temples,"Yeah got it."

I stood up and tried to get my balance but I felt a sharp pain shoot up my leg."Ah ah."

Yongguk held me up,"I didn't tell you to stand,my goodness,can't you just wait for me to get to you?"

I squinted at him,"Why?Why do you need to get to me?"

"Crap you're drunk,aish jeongmal."I was obviously lifted off the ground.He walked quickly,and I can't really control myself because I remember babbling a whole lot of things.But I can't remember what I said.

We went out to the outdoor parking lot where he parked the car and set me down carefully so he could get the keys.

The wind blew strongly suddenly and I pressed my skirt down while Yongguk just stared at me.

I was mumbling incoherent stuff again and he got me into the car.He drove off quickly while I started to feel extremely hot.

"Argh,turn it up."

"Bwoh?"

"The air con."

"Its already blasting."

"But its so hot."I pulled my blouse like a little kid and I started using my skirt as a fan.

"Hyemi ah."Yongguk pressed my skirt down and held my hands so I couldn't do anything.

"Ah let me go."

"Stop struggling,I need to drive."

My heart was going crazy again,I couldn't take it.I bent over and hit my head on the dashboard,"Let me go,jebal,just let me go."

"Hyemi ah!"Yongguk pushed me back up and I felt tears running down my cheeks.

"Don't touch me,please don't touch me."

I felt him freeze for a moment,but he kept his arm out across my body."I really don't get you,one moment you're okay with something and the next moment you're not,what do you want me to do?"

I leaned back in my seat,sleep taking over,"What do you want from me?"

"Bwoh?"

"One moment I don't even know you exist,and yet we've been staying under one roof for months.The next moment you pop out of nowhere and make me go crazy,what do you want?"

"H-Hyemi?"

I closed my eyes and sleep took over,"Don't come too close to me,don't mess with my heart,please don't."

==============================================================================================

A/N:I'm trying to come to terms with myself and find out what I really want so guys I'm kind of having those sort of life making decisions period and I'm trying to figure it out on my own so pray that everything will be okay for me? Thanks guys, please leave comments on the story so far! ^^