BETTER?

General's Daughter

My head ached terribly,I got up and rubbed my temples."Argh,my head."

I thought about what happened last night but nothing came into mind.I examined my ankle,seems slightly better.

I stood up and my door opened.Yongguk looked straight at me then ran over,"You seriously,just call me,I've been watching you the whole night because I know you'll do this and I leave the room for a few seconds and you have to stand."

I stared at him blankly while he lifted me to the bathroom.He shut the door and I blinked a few times.

Well,I'll think about what he said later,I'll just wash up first.I got my body cleaned properly,brushed my teeth and whatever else I needed to do.The maids must have changed my clothes last night.

I pressed my head,"Ah ah apa."

The door flew open and Yongguk carried me outside.He sat me down on my bed,"Where,where does it hurt?"

I closed my eyes and continued pressing my temples.He pulled my hands away abruptly and started rubbing my temples for me.

It soothed me for a while,but thing was,I wasn't feeling the relief from my head.It,it was the contact he was making with me.Like as long as he kept his hand on me,it wouldn't hurt.

I let out a sharp breath to steady my emotions,Yongguk panicked."Oh mianhe,am I pressing too hard?"

I shook my head,"Aniya,I feel better now."

"You sure?"

I nodded.He looked right into my eyes and I froze.His eyes were so pained it hurt me.He looked away quickly,"I'll take you downstairs for breakfast."

I didn't like the way my body felt relaxed around Yongguk.It felt wrong,I don't know why.I ate breakfast quietly,feeling so numb like I'm about to die.

My father went to inspect the naval arms,my mum is overseas,I'm stuck here with the person I'm trying my best to not have any feelings for.

I liked the piercing silence,it seemed to make me feel better."Hyemi?"

"Hmm?"

"Are you sure you're okay?"

I nodded,not looking up at Yongguk,"I'm fine."

"Miss,would you like some fruits?"I nodded to my butler,"Nae komawo."

He placed a huge fruit plate in front of me and I ate quietly.

I feel funny,like that usual fire in me fizzled off or something.I sat there for about an hour,eating all the neatly cut up fruits.

I looked up at Yongguk,"You can sit you know?"

He glanced at me,then sat in front of me.He watched me and I wiped my mouth with the napkin.

"Do you,remember anything from last night?"

I sighed and rubbed my forehead,"I can't remember a thing."

"Would you like some honey milk Miss?"

I nodded and my butler came back with a glass of warm honey milk.I drank it down,feeling it warm me up and my headache finally leaving me.

"Hyemi,do you want to go out?"

I nodded,"Okay."

"Where?"

"I don't know,you decide,you're the one taking me out."

He stared at me for a while then looked away,"Come on then."

He pulled me up from my seat a little roughly and got me into the car.

 

==============================================================================================