SURPRISE

General's Daughter
*After one month*
 
I opened the envelope swiftly and scanned through the letter. Yup,I got accepted.
 
A confirmation letter from the military. I'm going to be working in their headquarters.
 
Which is really an irony considering how I still don't know what levels and ranks mean other than power and being able to shout and command stuff to other soldiers. I'm just in charge of the paperwork,no big deal.
 
My phone rang and I reached over,turning the volume on the television down as well. "Yeoboseyo?"
 
"Hyemi ah."
 
"Nae appa."
 
"I just hired a new bodyguard to watch over you."
 
"Mworago? Waeyo?"
 
"You're going to start work,you need someone to protect you."
 
"Oh,okay then."
 
"He'll be coming over after you've reported to work."
 
"Reported to work?"
 
"Yes,which means now. Did you check the letter?"
 
I stared at the piece of paper and checked my first day of reporting. Today.
 
I face palmed myself and mumbled to my father,"Yeap got it,I'm coming down now."
 
I got changed and drove down to the office. I reported in and got introduced around. Nothing much really, almost everyone knew I was the General's daughter but they didn't favour me,just respected me more maybe.
 
I sat down in my office and heard a knock on the door. "Come in."
 
The door clicked open and I stared at him, blinked a few times and rubbed my eyes, "Chakaman,Yongnam?"
 
He smiled and cocked his head, "Woah, you can remember."
 
"What are you doing here?"
 
"Hmm,I'm supposed to be doing the rough work."
 
"Rough work?"
 
"I've been posted to some island out of Korea, it's some punishment, undergoing training and other stuff."
 
"Oh,you're okay though, right?"
 
He chuckled and nodded, "Yongguk said I could see you so here I am-Ah.."
 
I stared at Yongnam,feeling my weak heart crumble upon hearing Yongguk's name,"Mworago?"
 
"Ah ani, it's just,I managed to get out for a few days,that's all."
 
"Nae."
 
"Hyemi ah."
 
"Mm."
 
"Neol kwenchana?"
 
"Bwoh?" Yongnam watched me with sad eyes and I smiled back weakly, "I'm fine, have fun before you go back, must be tiring out there."
 
"Hyemi ah~"
 
"Wae?"
 
"Things will get better, I promise okay?"
 
I nodded slightly, wondering why he was being so sure. He smiled and I saw that little spark in his eyes. That happy cheery Yongnam is back.
 
Someone knocked on my door and Yongnam jumped, "Shh shh I wanna try something."
 
I eyed him and he hid behind the door,giving me an okay sign.
 
I giggled and shook my head, "Come in."My father stepped in and I stood up, "Appa."
 
He smiled and nodded, "I thought you wouldn't come in today."
 
"I'm supposed to report today right?"
 
"Yes sure, but you seemed tired."
 
"Jinjja? On the phone?"
 
"Yes dear."
 
I sighed, "I'm fine,it's just introductions anyway."
 
"Yes yes of course,"he looked at his watch and if I didn't know better,he seemed like he was looking forward to something.
 
"Appa."
 
"Mm?"
 
Yongnam snuck out from behind the door and ran out,jumping around like it was the greatest achievement of all time. Getting out without the General spotting him.
 
I laughed and Yongnam quickly ran off,just in time when my father turned around, "Something funny?"
 
I shook my head, "Are you waiting for something?"
 
Appa's face froze for a bit but he composed himself, "I'm fine, and yes I'm waiting for something, I have an important meeting later, hence my distracted state."
 
"Mhmm," I nodded slightly, taking in how my dad was being overly formal.
 
"Hyemi ah."
 
"Nae."
 
"I need you to be down at the meeting later."
 
"Okay, what time?"
 
"Tonight."
 
I eyed him, "A meeting at night?"
 
"Yes, it's important."
 
"Seems like it."
 
"At the church."
 
"Wait, a meeting at a church?"
 
"Erm well, it isn't exactly a meeting, more like an event."
 
"Hmm, well, yeah okay. I'll meet you and we'll go down later?"
 
"No!"
 
I stared at my father, "Appa, are you okay?"
 
"Erm what, that's not what I meant, I mean, I'll be going down with the leaders later, so you have to make it down there on your own."
 
"O-kay then?"
 
My father smiled weakly and cleared his throat before rushing out. I watched him leave and wondered what was up with him. My computer chimed and I started my work.
 
It was evening when I received a call from my mum, telling me it was time for the event. 
 
"Nae umma, I'll be there soon," I hung up and got into my car, driving to the church. 
 
I don't know why, but my head started to pound. I kept feeling like something will happen but I didn't know if it was a good or bad thing. Why a church? Did someone pass away? Or was someone getting married? Or getting baptised? I couldn't get my finger around it. 
 
I arrived and I felt my headache subside almost immediately.
 
I stared at my parents who were standing on the red carpet, leading into the church. "Appa? Umma?"
 
My parents just smiled at my dumbfounded expression and I got out of my car. "Are you guys okay? Why aren't you inside?"
 
"Hyemi ah, iliwa pali," My mum pulled me inside and everything around me just became a blur.
 
I felt my office attire being stripped off, my hair being washed and curled, my hands cleaned and nails being painted, my face powdered with light make up and finally, I felt this silky white gown being put on me and my mum spun me round to face a mirror.
 
I stared at myself. Even I couldn't recognise myself.
 
"Like it?"
 
I turned to my mother, "Like what?"
 
She laughed and grabbed a delicate pair of heels, "It's okay, as long as Yongguk likes it."
 
I stared at her blankly and gasped when I felt myself being pulled out to a long walkway. The wedding march came on and my dad took my arm and hooked it with his, "Ready?"
 
He walked me down and slowly explained to me as we walked past the audience.
 
He told me not to panic, I'm getting married to Yongguk, he made Yongguk promise to look after me, I look beautiful, I'm all grown up, he wants me to be happy, etc.
 
Yeah, I listened, but I was also staring at the person I wanted to meet most. Yongguk, standing at the end of the long carpetted walkway, in a sharp wedding suit, a handsome groom, my handsome soon-to-be husband. He smiled at me with his adorable gummy smile and I melted right there. 
 
I stopped walking and turned to my father, "Appa, komawo, I love you." I kissed his forehead and ran down the aisle to Yongguk. The crowd gasped but I really didn't care. Yongguk was right there in front of me, waiting for me to reach him. 
 
I jumped into his embrace and he laughed, lifting me up in the air and swinging me around in circles. I smlied till tears rolled down my cheeks, "Oppa..." 
 
He put me down and held my face, "Wae wae? Don't cry I'm sorry." I smiled and rested my forehead on his chest, "I'm fine. I just, missed you so much."
 
Yongguk chuckled and made me look at him, "I love you so much Hyemi ah, you know that right?"
 
I nodded and the pastor cleared his throat, "May I?"
 
We smiled and nodded. Our vows were read and I never felt so happy and relieved to have Yongguk with me again. 
 
We exchanged our rings and Yongguk looked straight into my eyes, "I love you."
 
I giggled and leaned in close, "I love you too."
 
He closed the gap between our lips and kissed me deeply. 
 
Right there and then, I felt like nothing could get any better than this. We'll be together, no matter what happens, no matter how we may be seperated again, I just know in my heart that we'll get it through together.
 
 
===================================================================================================================
 
A/N: Shucks I'm a terrible person... Sorry guys, for making you wait so long for this finale. I don't know, I feel like I could have written better. Sigh... It's been a long ride and I really want to thank my subscribers and readers for sticking through this story with me >< I just decided to finish this story up today because I couldn't stand the feeling of leaving this hanging... Oh well, here it is! Thank you guys, and as always, your comments are greatly appreciated and God bless all of you (: Till next time!