CIRCUMSTANCES

General's Daughter

I woke up completely exhausted because I kept thinking about what Yongnam wrote.Circumstances?What circumstances?

I tossed and turned in my bed,still unable to understand.My door opened and whoever was there paused for a while."Yongguk oppa."

"Good morning."

"Good morning."

He came over and hugged me,"How did you know it was me?"

"Only you would come check on me."

He made me sit up,"Come on,go wash up,we need to leave."

"Ah right."I rubbed my eyes and pushed my blanket aside.

"Hyemi ah."

"Hmm?"

Yongguk held my waist,"Why are you so tired?"

"Am I?"

"Mm."

"I didn't sleep well."

"Waeyo?"

I looked at him,"Oppa."

"Nae."

"Did you see that?"I pointed to the huge bouquet of roses on my dresser.

He nodded,"I wanted to ask you about that."

"Yongnam gave me that."

"Jinjja?"

"Nae."

"He likes you?"

"Not that like like,that friend like,since you are his brother."

"What does that mean?He's giving you up because we're together?"

"Aniya,its just,we're friends right?So friend like,but something about what he wrote,something about not wanting to meet under this sort of circumstances."

"What circumstances?"

"I don't know."

Yongguk smiled and pushed me to the bathroom,"Don't think so much,wash up and come down for breakfast."

I did what he told me to and we were eating quietly in the dining room.Yongguk's mother was working back at her clinic,his father was also working and I expected Yongnam to be at work as well.

Yongguk looked at me,"Yah,waegeulae?Eat up quickly,we need to leave."

I glanced at Yongnam's empty seat,"Is he at work too?"

"Yeah,I guess,he left early this morning,waeyo?You miss him?"

I sighed,"Oppa."

"Mm."

"Yongnam seems a bit disturbed,don't you think?"

"Like what?"

"Its like something is making him uncomfortable."

Yongguk thought about it,"Seems like that doesn't it?"

I nodded and he grabbed my hand,"Lets go."

He pulled me out to the living room but before we could get to the door,we heard a loud crash and glass shatter outside.I gasped and Yongguk's eyes widened."Oh -"

The door flew open and Yongnam rushed in,face dripping with blood.

I screamed and Yongguk hugged me to him,"Shh Hyemi,hyung!"

Yongnam slammed the door shut,"Yongguk get your gun."

Yongguk didn't even ask or question his brother,he pulled me to the dining room and told me to stay under the table."When I tell you to run,get out the front door and get into my car,I'll come get you."

"Oppa."

"I promise I'll get you,stay here okay?"

I stared into his eyes desperately,"Nae oppa."

He kissed me quickly and ran out,whipping his gun out from his belt.I felt something heavy on my lap,Yongguk's car key.

I heard the front door crash open and I peered out from under the table,seeing a group of uniformed men come in.I couldn't see Yongguk or Yongnam,and I was freaking out.

Where were the guards?They should be outside.I heard a gunshot and one of the uniformed guys fell to the ground.I closed my eyes and heard more gunshots follow.

"Hyemi run!"

I pushed the chairs away and ran out of the house,hearing more gunshots.I got into Yongguk's car quickly,not even believing that I made it there so fast.

I looked back at the house and saw Yongnam run out,rushing to his car.He glanced at me,eyes wide,mouthing something.I read his lips,goodbye.

Yongguk ran out and Yongnam drove off.Yongguk waved his hand and got into the car.He sped off and I saw the four cars following us.The bodyguards were there.

"Yongguk ah."

He glanced at me,totally unscathed,"I'm fine,we need to get away from here."

"What was that?"

He sighed,"Yongnam was in on it."

"Bwoh?"

"Remember I told you about someone targeting your father because of diplomatic reasons?"

I nodded.

"Yongnam was helping them,he didn't really know who he was against,he thought it was someone minor,he was taking instructions from his boss,he didn't know the target was your father."

I stared at him,"He was supposed to kill me?"

Yongguk sighed,"I don't know,but when he found out who you were,he didn't do it,he couldn't,moreover he knows that I like you,he can't do anything to you."

"The circumstances?"

"Yes,this is the circumstance he was talking about,that he is involved in getting you."

I let out a staggered breath and he held my shaking hands,"Its okay,we're leaving."

"What about your parents?"

"Yongnam is going to get them,its too dangerous."

I nodded and looked at the rearview mirror,"Where were they?"

Yongguk followed my gaze,"They were in ambush position,I don't know why but I felt uneasy when Yongnam left so early in the morning,I also had a terrible feeling that something was going to happen.Plus when you told me about Yongnam,"he sighed and sped down a highway.

"I told them to get into position just in case.Hyemi ah."

"Nae."

"Yongnam didn't mean it."

"I know."

"We're leaving."

"I know."

"Far away."

"I know."

"We might never see them again."

I glanced at Yongguk,"Ani,we'll see them again,when appa gets everything under control,everything will be okay again."

He smiled and pressed the back of my hand to his lips."I love you."

I watched the cars from the side mirror,"I love you too."

==============================================================================================

A/N:Wow guys I'm exhausted today but I'm alive I don't know how and I keep thinking of next year like wth is wrong with me but don't you guys think that this year has passed just way too fast? Okay now thanks to my subscribers and please comment! ^^ Oh and how do you guys like my daily updates? Do readers prefer frequent updates like this or what? Cos I don't know it's just my own style and I feel like letting you guys wait will be a little hard..