PROMISE

General's Daughter
I walked down to the room and stared at the door. "I will settle this well,"I gripped on the door knob and took a deep breath.But the door flew open even before I could do anything.
 
Yongnam looked at me,eyes wide,"Hyemi ah."
 
"Oppa."
 
He smiled slightly and stepped out of the room,"I can talk to you right?"
 
I nodded,"Sure why not?"
 
He sighed and pulled me into the room.There were two sofas,facing opposite one another with a table in the centre.I sat opposite Yongnam and he clasped his hands together.
 
"Naega,by right I'm supposed to be stuck in a cell or something,but I don't know why I'm not locked up yet."
 
"Yongnam ah-"
 
"Hold on,just listen to me first okay?"I nodded.
 
"You know I like you."I nodded again.
 
"Mianhe,I didn't mean to like you.When I was assigned to get rid of you,I had to do some sort of research on you.I knew so much about you,but yet I've never met you before.
 
It's ironic how I searched so much about you and I didn't know you were the General's daughter,I didn't know Yongguk was your bodyguard,I was just intrigued by your past,I never thought about what will happen and what I'm really supposed to do.
 
Then I saw you,stopping the guards from killing me,I never knew how much power you held,even Yongguk couldn't handle them."He looked at me with earnest eyes,"I'm not going to get out of this mess unless I pay for it,I won't steal you from Yongguk,I know my brother,he doesn't open up easily.
 
But I'm not giving you up,you are my friend,and you will always be my friend."
 
I smiled,knowing that Yongnam wasn't as bad as I thought he was."Oppa."
 
"Nae."
 
"Komawo,for not being bad."He smirked and got up,"I know my brother will treat you well,I can't treat you better than him,I know that myself."
 
I smiled and nodded,"Yeah maybe."
 
The door crashed open and I jumped,guards rushed in and grabbed Yongnam by his arms.I shook my head,not knowing what to do.
 
Yongnam looked at me,mouth curved into a weak smile,"I'll be fine,I have to pay for my mistakes."
 
The guards dragged him out and I stared at him sadly,"Oppa."
 
I took a deep breath and felt someone wrap his arms around me."Yongguk oppa."
 
He squeezed me tighter and kissed my forehead,"Hajima,don't feel hurt because of him."
 
I sighed and closed my eyes,"Nae arasso."
 
I didn't know I was that tired.I dozed off in a few seconds,feeling Yongguk carrying me.I could hear voices around me,my father's in particular.
 
It made me feel safe.Then I heard him yell out an order and Yongguk's presence slowly faded.It was uncomfortable,knowing he wasn't with me.
 
I still slept though,but woke up to a door slamming.My eyes shot open and I stared at the door,my mum peeping into my room,"Aish,sorry dear I swung the door too hard."
 
I stared at her for a moment,then mumbled,"Eodie?"
 
"You're back home."
 
I shook my head,"Yongguk."
 
The sigh that left her lips felt so depressing I almost fell back asleep."Honey,your father sent him back home,he's fine."
 
I got off my bed,"I wanna see him."
 
She gripped my shoulders firmly,"Darling,listen to me,leave him for a while,I don't know what your father will do to him if he finds out that you went to look for that boy."
 
"Umma-"
 
"My dear,listen to me,not now."My mother looked straight into my eyes and I couldn't rebel or go against her.
 
I went downstairs to the dining room and found a small spread on the table."Aunty,another serving please."The housekeeper nodded at my mother and got another serving of food set out.
 
I sat down with my mum and she bluntly spoke to me,"Eat."
 
"Nae."
 
We ate quietly and I felt like sobbing.What's going on?Why pluck Yongguk away from me suddenly?At least give me some warning.
 
My mother tapped her plate,"Something wrong dear?"
 
I glanced at her,"Where's appa?"
 
"He's at Yongguk's house."
 
My eyes widened slightly,"Mworago?"
 
"No questions,now eat."I opened my mouth to ask why but she stuffed a mouthful of rice in my mouth."Good girl."
 
I pouted and ate quickly before going to the living room.I flipped through the channels and stared at the clock.What's appa up to?It's so late.
 
The front door opened right at that time,my father coming in with two bodyguards standing at attention.Appa looked at me then at the two guards,"Go back home,I'll alert security if anything happens."
 
The guards looked at one another skeptically and I cocked my head,"Appa, waegeulaeyo?" 
 
My father waved the guards off and closed the door, leaving my mum and I wondering what he wanted. 
 
"Dear, is there something you need?"
 
Appa looked at umma and smiled, "I'll just have a talk with Hyemi first okay?"
 
"Need me around?"
 
"If you please." My mother nodded.
 
We sat down in the living room, my parents opposite me. 
 
"Hyemi, you're not going to be seeing Yongguk for awhile."
 
I stared at my father and took a deep breath, not even bothering to ask. "Want to know why?"
 
 I shook my head and stood up. "Hyemi."
 
"N-Nae." 
 
"Sit down."
 
 I closed my eyes and sat back down, trying to calm myself down. 
 
"I'm giving the two of you time, both of you are still young and I want to be sure. Nothing is more sure than time, and that's what I'm going to give you."
 
"Appa-"
 
"You may not accept or understand this, but for now, listen to me okay?"
 
"Will you listen to me?"
 
"You're going to tell me how you can't live without him and how it doesn't make sense right?"
 
Again, of course, my father is right. I sighed in defeat and appa patted my shoulder, "Give yourself time too, don't rush or get into anything too quickly. I know you two are responsible and it's not that I don't trust you guys, but I just want to be sure. I want to know how strong you are okay?"
 
I felt around for my phone and my father chuckled, "I trust you, so don't try to contact him, arasso?"
 
I pouted, "Appa, give me my phone please."
 
He watched me, "Promise you won't contact him?"
 
I don't break my promises, my father knows that. He probably made Yongguk promise to not contact me too. 
 
"Yeah, I promise, I won't contact him."  
 
==============================================================================================
A/N: Sorry my dear readers!!! I've been away for so long! There are just so many things happening in my life and it just keeps going up and down and I feel like I'm not coping well right now but still here's a chapter!
I promised that I will finish this story so please look forward to the final chapter guys!
I'll probably take a long time to upload again..Argh please forgive me! >< Bye guys! Love life!