Bridesmaids

Hi, I'm Your Fiancée

 

Hyosung's POV
 
"Yah! Yah Hyosung-ah! Wake uuuup!" Jieun whispered nudging me over.
"Nooo, just five more seconds! I was having such a nice dream" I rolled over not even half awake
"It was me, you -- and I think Zinger and Sunhwa. But they were dragons..." I trailed off as I opened my eyes.
 
Where were we? I didn't recognize the furniture at all, and then I remembered. The four of us, slept in a hotel last night . . . to make it easier to prepare for what today was.
I glanced over to see Zinger quietly watching TV and Sunhwa pretty much dead on the other twin bed. 
"What time is it? I asked Jieun
"7:30, We're already behind schedule. Hanyeon-ssi is already waiting for you in the room next door!" She was referring to my future mother in law.
 
My parents had some important stuff to finalize at the company so they wont be here until alf an hour before the wedding. That's where she comes in. Hanyeon is really sweet to me but I have a feeling she can be a really scary person if I got her mad. I flung the covers off of me and quickly washed up in the bathroom.
 
"Hurry then! Let's go!" I impatiently opened the door with my friends in tow.
 
 
I looked into the mirror and let out a gasp. I was. . . beautiful. 
"What did I tell you?" Hanyeon stood beside me and faced the mirror. 
"Who says I can't get a designer wedding dress in less than 3 weeks?" she said admiring her work.
"Quickly now! Let's get your makeup done!!" She led me over to the hotel's vanity where a team of makeup artists were ready to get started.
I had to admire her work, she managed to pull together an awesome wedding so fast, and in less than two hours I'd be getting . . . married. 
"Thank you, Ha-"
"It's umma now" She corrected me
"Thank you umma" I tried my best to show my genuinity, but it was kind of hard when five different people were attacking your face with makeup brushes.
"There's no need, sweetheart. Planning events is what I do best!" she flashed me a childish smile and looked over to my friends who were getting their hair done on the other side of the room.
 
"YAH! I said low side buns! What is that! They look like squashes!" Hanyeon scolded the hair dressers.
I shuddered to think if it were me on the other side of that.
 
"Helloooo~!" 
I tried my best to see who was at the door, it was a girl only a bit younger than me. Hanyeon immediately rushed over to the girl and wrapped her in a giant bear hug.
"You finally made it!!" She cried
"Hyosung-ah! Come meet your new sister!" She motioned for me to come.
 
I got up as soon as my makeup was finished and walked over. I remember Hanyeon talked about a daughter once. She studied in America... I think, I never really thought about it. I noticed the girl was wearing a dress similar to the ones my bridesmaids were. It was also a one shouldered red dress . . . wait no, that was a bridesmaids dress. I should've looked over the wedding program. It was funny to think that I had no idea who my own bridesmaids were. By the time I got over there Hanyeon was already busy with something else, leaving me with the girl.
 
"I there, I'm Hyosung" I tried my best to make a good impression
"Hah, you're not as bad as I expected." She let out a scoff and crossed her arms, "I'm Krystal"
"Kuuh- Kuuhhreeseutal?" I struggled to pronounce her name. English was not my favourite subject.
"If it's too hard for you, you can call me Soojung" She looked me up and down
"No, no! Kry-Krystal is fine!" I insisted, mentally high fiving myself for saying the name right his time.
She let out a sigh "Where do I get my hair done"
"Over at that table" I pointed to an empty seat beside Zinger
She gave me one last glare and sauntered over into the chair
 
I felt a sense of relief as soon as Krystal walked away. Maybe she was the kind of girl that took a while to warm up to people. I laughed, it was more likely that she was the kind of girl that just didn't warm up at all. I was about to close the hotel door when another girl slid through. And as luck would have it, she was also wearing a bridesmaid's dress. Where the hell was that wedding program? I wanted to get a good look at that thing. 
 
"Sorry I'm late!" She smiled and bowed at me
"I'm Min!"
She was friendly, and cute.
"My name's Hyosung. . . are you Kikwang's sister too?" I was pretty sure she wasn't, but it was better than plainly asking her why she was a bridesmaid.
"Haha! That's a good one, I'm a family friend. Grew up with Giki" she laughed
 
The nickname threw me off guard, they must be really close. Suddenly I felt out of place. 
 
"They're doing hair on that side of the room" I tried my best to snap out of it, "I'm not sure if your hair is long enough for a bun, but I'm sure they can figure something out"
"Thanks so much" she made her way over but then stopped to look back at me
"Oh, and nice dress" 
 
I watched her continue to the hair station. Was that bitterness in her voice? I scolded myself, of course not. How could I even think that? Min was nothing but polite to me. I'm probably just tired and stressed.
 
 
Hanyeon's POV
 
I watched from the back of the hall as Hyosung made her way through the threshold of the place. I could see tears in Hyunbae's eyes and I felt sorry. If it wasn't for us, this would just be a regular Saturday for him. He wouldn't be giving away his daughter tonight. But he of all people should know that arranged marriages can turn out better than expected. I looked at Kikwang who was waiting for her at the altar, he looked so nervous. I felt like laughing, it's been an eternity since I've seen that expression on his face. He never took his eyes off of Hyosung. My smile dropped as I motioned the camera man to pan over the audience, I don't think a regular marriage was ever planned for Kikwang. I'm his mother, but there was nothing I could do except to plan the wedding and pass it off as it if were normal. I had to admit, I did a pretty impressive job. The aisles were adorned with red flowers and lace, keeping the romantic theme for the wedding. Ironic, isn't it? Hyosung reached the end of the aisle and I swore I saw Kikwang smile as she took his hand.
 
"Hey you! Look alive!" I snapped at the second camera man.
He was supposed to take pictures, but so far he's just been staring into space.
I gave him a death stare as he started to click away.
 
 
Hyosung blushed as she slipped the ring on Kikwang's finger. She looked up to see Kikwang warmly smiling at her as he did the same. The minister then declared them husband and wife. Hyosung could feel her hands sweating, she had been dreading this moment. Before she could bring herself back into her right mind Kikwang's lips suddenly met hers for a soft short kiss. She could hear the crowd clapping. He playfully winked at Hyosung and she quickly composed herself as they got ready to walk back down the aisle together. She felt almost light headed as she followed Kikwang's lead. 
 
 
 
Kikwang's POV
 
I held in a laugh, I could see Hyosung was in a daze. I still got it!
We took a few wedding pictures for the album, I hugged her and we smiled for the camera as if we've known each other forever. 
"Okay now with the entourage" the guy said motioning to the bridesmaids and groomsmen.
"Finally!" yelled Junhyung running onto the stage.
"Woohoo~~" Doojoon shot up from the bunch of chairs he'd been lying on earlier.
All of us lined up and smiled again as the camera man shot away.
I swear my cheek bones are about to fall off. I glanced to the other side of the line to see Min smiling at me. I quickly looked away and acted as if nothing had happened. Why did she think it was okay to show up?
 
We all headed over to the reception area and as soon as dinner was over, they called Hyosung and I up for a dance. 
 
"Shall we?" I teased raising an eyebrow and offering my hand.
"I don't know" She joked, "I kind of don't feel like dancing"
"Oh please!" I grabbed her hand and pulled her to the floor.
I laughed, umma was going crazy in the background getting all of the camera men to focus on us.
"Admit it, you're swept off your feet" I looked down at her
"Get over yourself" Hyosung said sarcastically "I've seen better"
"Yah, shut up and enjoy the moment" 
 
As soon as the song changed other couples stepped up to join us and I felt a tap on my shoulder.
"Step aside! It's my turn!" Dongwoon wrapped Hyosung hands around his neck.
"He's already better than you" She stuck her tongue out at me
"Haha! See?" 
 
I smiled and turned around to see Min behind me.
"Wanna dance?"
I looked around and sighed, everyone was looking at us. I would look like a total jerk if I said no.
"Why are you even hear?" we swayed to the music
"Well, I got an invitation and..."
"That's not what I meant" I smiled for the onlookers, but my words were serious
"Look, it's your wedding. I just wanted to wish you luck." I couldn't tell if she was sincere or not, "Plus I'm back in Seoul now, you're the only friend I know here."
"Kikwang, please" Her eyes were pleading
"No need to cry" I joked, letting her know it was okay
"Yah! I wasn't even!" Min defended "Soo grandpa set you up for this?" She was referring to the wedding.
"Yeah," I shrugged "But Hyosung isn't that bad"
"Hmm. . . She seems okay" she looked over my shoulder to get a look at her.
I couldn't tell what she was thinking
 
 
Whoaaa!!! do you guys smell that?
Smells like ... drama [teeehee~]
Sorry if the chapter isn't that good. i think i've got writers block or something!
bear with me please ;P the story will get better!
I used to hate writing in 1st person, but I think i'm getting better at it! haha!
also, ill put up Krystal & Min's profiles
subscribe & comment please ^^
 
Ps. who else has heard CSJH - The Grace Dana&Sunday's new song?
its awesome!! 
UPDATE: Just changed my user to Nana-love!