Invited

Hi, I'm Your Fiancée

 


Lee Kikwang & Jeon Hyosung 
Request the pleasure of your company 
As they exchange their vows
At four o'clock in the afternoon,
The Yoon Hotel 

Hyosung's POV
 
"What do you call it when you're parents set up a date for you? Oh yeah... SAD" Zinger said teasingly.

I could only scowl back at her because i knew it was true. My parents, well Kikwang's mom, thought it be a good idea for us to meet up so we could know each other better. Because last weeks meeting went so well. (yes, sarcasm again). I sighed and put another one of my wedding invitations in
an envelope. We were all sitting at Sunhwa's kitchen table getting the letters done.

"Can't we get people to do this for you?" Sunhwa complained
"We're almost done, calm down" Jieun rolled her eyes
"I'm just saying. . . If I were getting married, I'd have it all in order already"
"Yeah, but you'd have more than a month to do it" Jieun stuck out her tongue
"And you'll get to pick your husband" I said semi-wistfully
"Come on! He can't be that bad" Zinger sealed another envelope shut with a wax stamp
"That's the thing! I don't know what he's like at all. He doesn't even look in my general direction"
 
"Well you'll get a chance to find out now" Jieun said pointing at my phone's screen "He's waiting outside"
"We'll finish up the invites and drop them at your house later. You don't wanna make him wait" Zinger had everything planned out
"I don't wanna go at all" I whined picking up my bag.
 
It was really sunny outside, I picked a good day to wear shorts. Kikwand was in the driveway sitting in his black BMW. He already looked impatient. I opened the car door and as soon as I clicked my seat belt we zoomed off and out of the neighbourhood.

"Was that your house" He looked at me through his sunglasses
"No, a friend's. . . I'm surprised you even showed up." 
"I wasn't planning on it, but my parent's have ways of finding things out" was all he said
"I guess that's fair. Where are we going" This time i wanted to know where I'd end up
"We're already here" He put the car in park as I got out to see.
 
How fast does this guy drive?
 
"A carnival?!" I exclaimed walking closer to the entrance "Wuahh! I love rides! Can we get cotton candy?!" 
I was actually really excited -- then i turned around and remembered who I came here with. He raised his eyebrow and smiled. It was the first genuine smile that I've seen from him, and for some reason, I couldn't look him straight in the eyes.
 
 
Kikwang's POV

I honestly didn't think anybody would be that happy to see so much of cheap food and rides in one place, but I guess it worked for Hyosung. I sighed as I shelled out money to buy her some cotton candy. It was such a waste, but she actually begged for it and I couldn't say no.
 
"You better eat that all, it was seven dollars!" I warned her as I walked off.
She ran up to catch up with me and extended her arm out, "You want some?"
"No, I'll pass" I said as i dodged the fluffy snack Hyosung glanced to the side, getting a better view of a deathly looking roller coaster. 
Her eyes widened, "Can we ride that!?"
She had to be crazy."Are you joking!?! What are you planning? Mass suicide?" I practically yelled as I followed her to the ticket machines.
"Please?" She pouted.I let out another sigh and put money into into the slot. 
Why can't I seem to say no?
 
Hyosung grabbed the pink tickets as soon as they whirred out of the machine, and excitedly skipped to stand in line. Either she's really slow or her legs are just really short, because I could catch up with her just by walking. The line wasn't bad but we would be waiting for at least 10 minutes depending on how big the carts were. Hyosung dodged the awkwardness by shoving the rest of the cotton candy into and leaned against the railing. We waited in silence moving forward when there was space.

"Why... why did you agree to this? I mean, the marriage" I finally got the nerve to ask. 
I was always really curious, but it never seemed like the proper thing to ask, but it was either now or never.
She was quiet for a bit but finally looked up at me.
"This wasn't my first choice either. And I wouldn't have agreed to it if it only saved my father's job. Being partners with your group means getting married, but it also means saving thousands of other people's jobs. What would that make me if I had said no?"
Her eyes were sad but she smiled at me, "You must be relieved though, if it weren't for me you'd probably never get married" she joked.
"I could totally get a. . ."
I couldn't finish my sentence, the roller coaster pulled up infront of us and all I could think about were escape routes out of this place.
"Don't tell me you're scared" Hyosung teased as she put her bag on a shelf.
"I wouldn't be. . . if the drop weren't so high" I pulled the safety thing over my head while Hyosung did the same.
I took a deep breath as we started moving. Was it too late to get off?"
 

"You were sooo scared!" Hyosung laughed as she tossed some popcorn in . 
I swear she eats like crazy.
"I don't think I've heard anyone scream that loud!!" She walked backwards to face me but bumped into a game booth.
"Omo! I'm sooo sorry!" She said while offering a bow 
"Don't worry agassi, this stand has been through worse"
The middle aged man smiled at her and looked over at me, "Why don't you win your pretty girlfriend a prize?"
"uh, I think you've got it wrong," I explained, "she's not my-"
"Yeah yeah yeah! Enough with the excuses, everyone here can see that ring from a mile away" the ajussi laughed playfully, "be a good 'oppa' and win her a nice pink rabbit."
"Yeah oppa! Win me a pink rabbit!" Hyosung pouted playing along with the ajussi
Of course! She'd do anything to get me to spend money.
"I wish I could, but there's no one here to play against me" I said with obviously fake sympathy.
 
I was about to walk off when my friends popped up out of no where.
"Hey, Kikwang! We'll play you" Yoseob winked at me as the five of them sat in front of a water gun. 
I'm never telling them where I'm going anymore.
"Yah! Hurry up so we can beat you " Junhyung called
I sat down beside him and stat he'd the back of my head. I was never good at these games.

"Joonbi? Shijak!!" (Ready? Start!) Cried the ajussi while waving a cheap flag.
"Wait! The winner is the guy who fills up the tube the fastest right?!" Hyunseung cried scrambling to catch up with the other guys
"I think it's pretty clear" laughed Doojoon as the buzzer rang
"Aww damn! Who won?" Pouted Dongwoon, "I almost had it!" 

"Woohoo~~", we all turned over to see Yoseob collecting a semi-giant pink bunny.
"Here Hyosungie" Yoseob said sweetly as he stuck his tongue out at me. 
She let out a laugh and hugged the rabbit.

"Maybe next time, Kikwang" She gave me a smug look as she walked beside me.
I laughed in response. 
I turned towards her, our faces were so close I could hear here breathing. She smelt like vanilla and a bit of that cotton candy from before.
"Yeah, Maybe" I said.
She closed her eyes as I felt myself pulling closer to her face.

"Yo guys! We should ride the ferris wheel!" Dongwoon cut in between us pointing towards the giant ride, which now lit up as night darkened the sky.
Hyosung looked down and blushed while I narrowed my eyes at an oblivious Dongwoon. The rest of the guys ran up ahead to the ride. 

"Actually I've never rode one of those before" she smiled back up at me and ran after the rest of the guys "Hurry or we'll have to wait at the end of the line"
I walked after her with no rush, and I managed to catch up with her pretty fast. She was shocked to see everyone make room for her, allowing us to reach the front of the line pretty fast. She looked at me as if to ask what was going on.

"The six of us hardly ever stand in line when we go out" I shrugged "It's just the way things are"

The seven of us boarded the giant lift and the ride took off. I could tell Hyosung felt out of place with all the guys joking around. She just sat beside me staring through the glass. 

"Yah! You could at least pretend your having fun" I jokingly scolded her
"Meh, it's not even worth it" she said cooly
I nudged her causing her to practically fall over, she stuck her tongue out at me

 
Hyosung's POV

I got out of my car and walked through the front door of my school. I headed towards my locker just like I usually would -- something felt off. Everyone seemed to quiet down to a whisper when I walked by. Were they all staring at me? I shook the idea from my mind and turned the hall to find Kikwang and his friends hanging around my locker. I was about to turn around and start running like crazy in the opposite direction when one of them spotted me.

"Hey Hyosung-ah!! Over here!" Hyunseung waved over at me drawing even more attention. 

I painfully turned around pasting a smile over my face. Everyone's stares made sense now, they must've heard about my engagement! I frowned at my left hand, I should've been more careful. But who was I kidding. Even if I wore a glove over it, I'd have to spend all day making up stories about a giant tumor that grew out of my finger. Breaking away from my thoughts, I quickly stomped towards my locker.

"What are you guys doing here!" I hissed trying not to draw more attention to ourselves,
"I mean, you two go here" I motioned towards Junhyung and Yoseob, "but the rest of you go to school practically across the city!"
"We transferred" Doojoon shrugged as if it were no big deal to switch schools mid-semester. 
"My mom's idea once again" Kikwang explained,"the rest of them are just here for the ride" 
"Of course they would be" I sighed as they all flashed me goofy smiles.

"Shouldn't we get going?" Kikwang asked while taking my arm and walked me down the hall "I made sure we had first period together~"
I covered my face with my hand to avoid eye contact with people passing us by, but mostly to cover my embarrassment. 
"Class is in there" I said pointing to the room we just passed. 
"Right!" he turned us around and walked through the door just as the bell rang.
This was definitely going to be a long day.




AWWW so close!!! thankyou Dongwoon >.<"
haha!! got you guys huh?
anyways, sorry for again not updating! 
i've actually been working on the chapter for 2 days i just get soo distracted!
btw, the ferris wheel they ride is the kind where each carriage is like i tinyyy room.
so you can stand or sit in it. i think those kinds are the funnest!
please subscribe & most of all, comment!!!
~ VVIP-ily