Mr. Perfect

Hi, I'm Your Fiancée

 

"Hurry up!! We're gonna be late" Kikwang banged on the bathroom door.
"Calm yourself, we still have like 10 minutes" I flung the door open.
"Uhm, what's with the suit?" It was really weird to see him dressed up with nowhere to go.
He shrugged and looked down at his outfit. "Proper business attire. Haven't you seen the dramas? Well, I guess not. Your family wouldn't have dealt with much business."
"I'll have you know we dealt with ALOT of business" I defended.
He scoffed jokingly, "And that's why you're here; married to me"
 
I pouted, it was true. Glancing down at my cream chiffon floral print dress, I realized that maybe I hadn't dressed up enough.
"Kay hold on, let me change first" 
I made my way towards the closet but I was quickly stopped by Kikwang's arm.
"We don't have anymore time. We need to leave now."
"Urghh! Fine!" I gave up trying to get past him and plopped a boater straw hat on my head and slipped into some brown wedges.
 
We made our way outside the cottage and quickly entered the office near the entrance of the ranch. Once we reached the entrance Kikwang stopped and took my hand. 
"First impressions are the most important. We need to look the part."
He opened the door for me and led me through laughing as if something funny had happened five seconds before. Once again, I found it almost impossible to return his eye contact and let out an awkward giggle trying to play along. 
 
He lead me to the front desk, "Hi, I'm Lee Kikwang and this is my wife Jeon Hyosung"
It was the first time Kikwang had introduced me that way, I couldn't help but get a warm feeling. 
 
"Neh, of course. I will go tell Mr. Han that you have arrived. Please sit while waiting" She motioned towards a sofa to the left of the room. I smiled cheerfully at the secretary and she bowed respectfully before she left.
 
For a ranch-hotel, The interior definitely had a city business interior to it. None of the furniture wasn't country-styled but modern. I took a seat on the couch nervously. Although I have been to my parents' office I've never dealt with anything business related.
 
"What do I say when they ask me about... anything?" I asked.
He face straight forward and answered calmly, "Chances are, they won't talk to you much. But don't worry, everything they say is usually straight forward."
"Ne, algesseumnida"
"And don't smile too much. They'll think your easy to push around... which you are but we don't need them to know. Try to keep a straight face."
I dropped my smile almost immediately and put on an aloof judging stare.
Kikwang let out a short laugh, "Yeah, exactly like that."
I checked out my expression in my compact mirror, "Aigoo, I look like your mother... or Krystal"
"Welcome to the family. You should see my cousin, I swear she was born with that look."
 
"Okay if you would just follow me I can take you to his office" The secretary said as she returned.
 
He took my hand once again, and we were lead through a series of hallways before entering some sort of boardroom. This time I made sure to flash the secretary my new indifferent expression. She nervously closed the door behind us, leaving us in a room filled with suits. I bowed, following Kikwang's lead. He didn't bow as deeply as the rest of the men even though most of them were double our age. My guess was because of his family's position. Kikwang pulled out my chair and I sat down with him beside me. They proceeded to talk about revenue, stocks and other things that I couldn't follow. Kikwang just sat there nodding, taking things into consideration and making unimpressed comments at low performances. 
 
"I think that if we promote this a bit more as a family experience and less as a ranch experience we could create more revenue" Kikwang proposed.
All of them nodded their heads or murmured to each other while those in the back of the room typed away and made numbers on their laptops. 
"We'll start re-marketing and in a few months do another evaluation."
And with that, the meeting was over and the room was filled with many different conversations. very one of them took the time to greet me at least once.
 
"I've been looking forward to meeting you, Jeon Hyosung-ssi"
"Ah, so you must be the new Gangjeom heiress?"
"Congratulations on your wedding, I heard it was spectacular!"
"Married life must be treating you very well!"
"How is it like being a newly wed?"
 
It seemed as though everyone wanted to get on my good side, but I guess it was a given. One day I would technically be in charge of everything. I was having a hard time keeping up with all the questions and new faces but on top of that I had to keep a straight face.
"We should get going, jagiya. If we leave now we could make it for that farm thing" Kikwang cut in through the mini crowd looking at his watch. 
He couldn't have thought of a better time to think of a getting-away excuse.
Another man in a suit straightened up, "Neh, the Barn Experience has been getting very good reviews from our guests. It would be a shame to miss it"
Kikwang extended his had towards me and I took it, totally unaware that my expression had melted into a shy smile. The women in the room cooed in envy or giddily whispered to each other adding even more to my embarrassment. He carried on as if no one else was watching and led me out of the room.
 
"HAHA! Free at last!" He said as he opened the main office's front door
"Heh? You seemed to genuinely understand what was going on in there."
"Of course I understand. It's just alot of basic marketing and profits. It's a pain, really "He leisurely walked ahead of me down the trail leading to the rest of the cottages but stopped to turn around when he realized I wasn't beside him.
"Just marketing and profits?"
"Yeah I know, I'm that impressive. Congratulations Jeon Hyosung, you've married the perfect man!" Kikwang boasted playfully
"It's not that!!!! I'm just saying, if this is the 'basic' stuff, i'd hate to see what else you have to learn."
"Believe me it's hell" His voice was serious for a moment, "But don't worry, it's nothing Mr. Perfect can't do!" He held up a victory sign with his fingers and posed.
"Yah, you're height requirements are a bit lacking, Mr. Perfect."
 
He jokingly pouted, but quickly dropped his expression as soon as our cottage was in view. 
"Hurry! Let's go change so we can go milk the cows!" Kikwang cried as he excitedly ran towards it.
"Wait, you were serious about the farm thing?"
 
I had origially started this this morning...
but I got distracted since then. and I only finished it now.  [its 1am Aug. 19 right now. I know, im bad ): ]
so tomorrow ill make it look pretty. Im sleepy now
 
~ Nana-love
 
RANDOM BLURB:: 
1) who else has heard SISTAR's So Cool?!  I love it!! Soyou is forever gorgeous! I love her!
2) FT Island is coming to TORONTOOO!!!!!!!! AHHHHH Jonghoon & Hongki oppa!! ... and Seunghyun oppa!!.... annd Minhwan oppa!!... and Jaejin oppa. Aww hel, I love them all!
But i wont be there cuz ill be at camp >.> these boys are killing me. I was actually going to cry. But I know it'll just be a matter of time before more kpop artists start coming here to perform. It's just the beginning!