The Contract

Hi, I'm Your Fiancée

Jeon Hyun Bae walked into his house and dropped his keys into the dark blue ceramic bowl sitting by the door. He tried not to make any unnecessary noises becauase he was sure everyone was asleep by now. Was it possible to hear the solution to all his problems and be more stressed than before? Trying his best to get his thoughts straight, Hyunbae walked into the house library and relaxed into his favourite recliner.

"Look, Mr. Jeon, we know that your company hasn't been doing well" Lee Chin Hae's face was emotionless. However, his son, Ki Joon, seemed like he would rather be somewhere else. He kept his gaze on the window which took up the entire left wall. Just what were these men hiding?
"Becoming partners isn't necessary on our part" Chin Hae continued. "We will be more than fine without your business. However, we are willing to becone partners, and even good friends." Hyun Bae didn't have any words to say, he was lucky if he got half of what the proposal asked for.
"We have discussed it among ourselves and we will agree to all the listed terms. We only want to add one thing to the contract. . ."

He stopped his thoughts right there. How was he supposed to explain this to his wife? How much more his daughter?
"Yeobo? you're home?" Ae Jin, his wife, lingered by the doorway unsure if it was okay to enter or not. 
"How did the meeting go?"
He let out a joyless laugh. "They agreed to the partnership, they just included one more condition" He said lifting the paper towards her. 

Ae Jin walked over to her husband, took the stapled package and flipped to the last few pages. She didn't know much about business or trade, but she picked up enough to know that any negotiations would be attached near the back. Ae Jin was curious to know what more the GangJeom Group would possibly want from their company. Ae Jin scanned the page slowly talking in what she was seeing. 

"I-I don't understand. Why?" she was sitting on the arm of the recliner now. 
"Chin Hae's grandson... Lee Ki Joon's boy" Hyun Bae corrected. His voice was even softer now. "they think it would do him some good. Give him a sense of responsibility and make him understand the real world" 
Ae Jin could think of thousands of things to say. Her daughter wasn't some kind of export! Taking a deep breath, Ae Jin suddenly remembered the lives of the people working for her company. She couldn't be so selfish as to simply dismiss the idea. She was at a loss.

"Why don't we. . . ask Hyosung about what she wants" The words sounded odd in . Asking your own daughter to get married to a stranger. How could that ever sound normal?

Hyosung's POV


I rolled over in my bed to face the clock sitting on my night table. 11:30? In the afternoon? No one ever lets me sleep in this late on a Saturday. Yawning, I got out of bed, went to wash up in my bathroom and headed downstairs. Everyone was in the kitchen. Appa was reading the paper with a coffee at his side. The light from the large sliding door to his left caused half of his shadow to fall onto the dark brown kitchen table. He didn't even look up when I walked into the room. Umma seemed to be flying around the kitchen, she was fixing breakfast so furiously that when she noticed I was there she stopped in her tracks.
 
"Good morning, sweetie" It took her a total of 2 seconds to finally recover. Her
voice was cheery, but her lip wavered. What was going on today?
"You didn't wake me up today" I said confused. I was still trying to figure out why the atmosphere in the room was so... weird.
"I thought you'd like to sleep in a bit more. . . Do you want waffles? I made waffles." She quickly turned around and and took a fresh waffle out of the iron. Umma was jumpy, I didn't get it. She set the waffle on a plate and placed it infront of the across from my father - who still hadn't looked up. I went to get milk and syrup from the fridge and sat at my seat. I glanced at my father between bites. He was deep in thought, maybe that's why he didn't notice me. 
"Hyosung-ah" appa said as he finally looked up at me. His voice was stern, bordering anger.
"Yeah dad?" 
"Good morning," was all that came out of his mouth. 
He then proceeded to finish his coffee and returned his gaze to today's paper.
"Oh for crying out loud!" Umma threw her hands up in the air and walked out of the kitchen and over to us. 
"How do you feel about an arranged marriage?" she asked resting both hands on the table. I choked on my milk
"Ae Jin-ah!" Appa was shocked.
"Oh please, if we left it up to you we'd be here till Monday" Her voice was
sarcastic.
"A what? Why?" I was still gasping for air.
"The GangJeom group agreed to the partnership. They even agreed to keep all the staff - no lay offs. The only thing they want in return is to arrange a marriage between you and their future heir. But just say the word and we'll tell them we won't sign the contract." umma said. 

I would have said no in a heartbeat. Marrying some insanely rich guy that I hardly know? We're well off on our own, his money wouldn't mean anything to me. But to the company, it would mean so much. No lay offs dad said. It was evident that it wasn't about me anymore . . .

"You said yes!?!!?!" Sunhwa'e eyes were wide open. She was sitting on her window seat hugging a soft peach pillow. 

"I said that I would do it for the company. You make me sound like I agreed to it like it was nothing!" I clarified dropping backwards on her bed.
Sunhwa's room was textbook girly girl. All her furniture was white, as was everything else in the room. The only colour in the room were her peach curtains, blankets and the couch that Jieun and Zinger were sitting on.

"Actually, arranged marriages are pretty common in places like India, Iran and even rural China" Zinger offered, she was sitting cross legged.
"What class did you learn that from?" Jieun snorted while lying on her side.
"I just searched it up" singer said plainly pointing at the laptop screen.
"That doesn't make me feel any better" I sighed staring at the ceiling.
"Don't think to much Hyosung-ah." Jieun said in a sympathetic tone
"Yeah, okay. It's just marriage . . . for the rest of my life!" I shut my eyes and let out a sigh of frustration.
Sunhwa walked over, picked up the laptop sitting infront of Zinger and sat beside me on the bed.
"Aren't you a little curious about what he looks like?" Sunwha giggled
"Oh I know I am" Jieun eagerly came to join us with Zinger in tow. 
"What did you say his name was?" Sunhwa's hands were ready to start typing away on the keyboard.
"Lee . . . Lee Kikwang?" I pretended that I couldn't remember the name, but it was ingrained in my brain ever since I heard it. I looked over to see my friends staring at me with their mouths open with shock and disbelief.
"DO YOU KNOW WHO THAT ISSSSS?!?" Sunhwa screeched
"Kay, even I know about him. You need to crawl out of your rock." Zinger said
"He's friends with those guys you bumped into in the hallway" Jieun explained
"You mean he's in b2st?" I asked
"He's definitely a keeper" Sunhwa turned the laptop towards me so I could see his picture. I sat up to get a better look as the rest of the girls surrounded the screen as well. I felt my cheeks heating up, at least he was cute. . ."

 

    

"MARRIAGE?!" Kikwang was in shock"That's what your harabeoji wants" Ki Joon said flipping through the channels, he was eerily calm.
"He wants everything under the
sun! Do you really think this is a good idea?!" There was scrutiny in his voice
"The papers have already been signed, theres nothing you can do" Ki Joon didn't even look away from the wide screen television mounted on the wall. Kikwang stood up, stormed out of the room and towards the front door. 
"Kwang-ah, where are you going?" His mother, Han Yeon, was leisurely walking down the stairs descending from the left wing of house. Her makeup was flawless and she was dressed as if she was going out, but this was just a regular outfit for Hanyeon. 
" Out", was all Kikwang said as he put on a leather jacket
"Please be careful!" She called out before the door slammed shut. There was sincere concern in her eyes.
"He'll be be fine, Yeobo" Ki Joon sighed
"What's she look like?" Hanyeon asked softly, changing the subject.
Ki Joon looked around for his suit case and pulled out the small picture that Jeon Hyun Bae had handed him from his wallet this morning.
"She must look a bit older now. They told me this picture is a couple years old." he explained
" What's her name?" Her voice was full of curiosity
"Hyosung"
"I want to meet her. Soon."

 

OOOOOOOH! they're gonna meet, guyss! ~~~

I feel like i write too seriously :S 

Well I guess it's a given, so far it's only been about business deals

I really envy other writers who do it so freely and fun! Don't worry i'll try my best guys!

IMO this chapter is more about Hyosung & Kikwang than the last one ;)

 

Also the parent's info & pics are up on the foreward! 

i heard that in Korea the wives keep their last names, someone correct me if i'm wrong please!!!

[also, i found a scary pic for grandpa haha! its Yoochun's dad in Sunkyunkwan scandal!]

 

Please comment!! and don't forget to subscribe, you guys are all awesome :DD

~ VVIP-ily