Sister Bonds

Hi, I'm Your Fiancée

Krystal's POV

 
"But I don't want to!" I balled my hands into tight fists.
Umma seemed unfazed "We can sit here all day, Soojungie. But in the end, you're going. And you better call her unni. Be respectful for once."
 
I huffed just thinking about it. Crossing my arms, I leaned against the store wall and watched Hyosung pay for the clothes she picked up. Here we were on a 'sisterly shopping trip'. 
 
"You're not getting anything?" She had a clueless expression on her face
I smirked, "Places like this aren't my style," I lifted the arm of a shirt hanging beside me "But it seems to suit you"
"Thanks?" 
 
We walked out of the store and the smell of fast food filled my nose. I never realized how hungry I was.
"Will you buy me lunch? . . . unni." I spat out the words, they tasted bitter in my mouth.
Hyosung was older, it's proper for her to buy me lunch. No shame in asking, right?
She grinned at me, exposing her gums, "Sure! No problem"
 
I opened the door to a small restaurant and the waiter seated us. Taking a sip of my water, I finally realized why there was something so off about her. Hyosung didn't annoy me like she usually did, and it was because she wasn't as happy go lucky as she always was. Yes she was smiling, but her eyes were sad. 
As much as I hate bubbly people, it just didn't seem right to see her so troubled.
 
"Unni," I almost gagged on my words "are -- are you okay?"
"Eh? Of course, why wouldn't I be?" 
 
I let her obvious lie slide as the waiter showed to take our orders. In less than 5 minutes he was back with the samgyeopsal, must have been a slow day. 
Dodging the awkward atmosphere I placed a few slices on the searing grill. We really had nothing to say each other.
Hyosung looked up from the meat, "So, how long are you going to stay here in korea? I mean, you must be missing school"
"Oh I'm done for the year. My parents arranged it so I could take my exams early and vacation here. You know, make it for your wedding and everything"
"Yeah. . ." Her gaze moved to something going on behind me.
 
I looked over my shoulder to see through the restaurant's glass window. It was oppa, he was walking on the other side of the street . . . with Min, i forced myself to stay seated. Rolling my eyes, I turned around to see Hyosung who was visibly sad . . . or angry. I really couldn't tell. I've never felt the kind of aura she was giving off before in my life. 
 
I realized that I totally forgot about the meat we were cooking and quickly peeled the half burnt samgyeopsal off the
barbecue. I was never one for cooking.
"I'm sure it's still fine" I gave her an apologetic look but it was useless, she wasn't even paying attention.
"So what's with Min and Kikwang?" She blurted out. 
I almost choked on my food.
"If you already know about oppa and Min, there's really not much left to know" I guess my answer wasn't what she was looking for because her face fell.
 
Sighing, I looked away for a second. I know I'm gonna regret this.
"From what I can remember, Min's parents were always busy. I heard she was always home alone. Then her chain of department stores became a part of our group. Since her and oppa were the same age, 7 or 8 I think, they became really close. Honestly, she was a really lonely kid before oppa became her friend. Pretty sad really. Then they started dating. I never really liked Min, kinna how i don't really like you, but she made oppa happy. I really think he loved her, but just up and left to America. She didn't tell anyone she was going anywhere. She just left. Then she thinks she can just show up at oppa's wedding like nothing's wrong. I really don't know about that girl"
 
Hyosung thought for a while, I took this as a chance to stuff my lettuce-wrapped meat into my mouth.
"So they broke up? -- I mean since she just left it's implied that they broke up, right?"
I scoffed, "I thought it was obvious. Oppa doesn't want anything to do with her."
"But just now, they were walking together" Hyosung was confused again
"Hmm.. that's true. But if you saw how he was after she left, he'd be stupid to go back to her. Oppa is a nice guy, but he's not an idiot."'
She burst into laughter. This girl is crazy.
 
Hyosung paused for a second and seemed to finally relax, "Do you really not like me?"
"Neh?" She caught me off guard
"You said earlier that you didn't like me, just like you didn't like Min" She wasn't interrogating me, she just genuinely wanted to know.
I thought for a second to really think about my answer.
My voice softened, "No, unni. I like you" 
It was the truth too, I have no problem telling people that I straight up hate them.
 
Maybe I misjudged her, she definitely wasn't made out of just sparkles and rainbows. I leaned back and took a bite of my kimchi. Unni. I think that word suits her best.
 
It's a bit short I know [so sorry! don't kill mee] i'm always busy near the weekend
I know putting Krystal in this story seemed really random
but since she has this cold/edgy thing going for her, i thought she'd fit best
n i think it makes more of a statement when she accept Hyosung!
we also get the Krystal-ized version of what happened to Kikwang & Min
 
Once again, Thankyou to all my subscribers!
We made it to 50+ You guys mean alot to me
and if you're reading this, comment!
~ Nana-love