You

Hi, I'm Your Fiancée

He searched for something to say, "Hyo-Hyosung-ah"

"Please, just don't lie to me" I say. My anger had quickly subsided and I was left with sadness. I didn't want him to say what he thinks I want to hear, but what he really feels.

He sits down on the edge of the couch and looks at me, "Hyosung, nothing makes sense when I'm with you."

I bink, causing a few stray tears to roll down my cheeks. Quickly, I wipe them away and try to hide my confusion.

Before I can even question him, he continues, "When we're together I do things that I don't ever do and when you're not there, I fin myself thinking about you. It's crazy. Believe me, if I were playing with you I wouldn't be able to fake this."

His words cause my heart to beat erratically, I can hear each thump loudly in my ears. Before I let the words get the best of me I cut in, "But what about Min? Don't tell me that you don't have feelings for her or that I'm the only one in your mind."

Kikwang's eyes looked at me curiously trying to figure out how I found out about Min, but he let it slide and answered my question anyways, "With Min... it's complicated. But we were over the day she left, I don't want to get back with her. I don't want to be with her."

I looked down at my knees and mustered up the courage to say, "Do you... want to.. be with me?"

He smiles warmly and my insides turn into jelly, "Well, I'm married to you, arent I?"

"Yah, that doesn't mean anything."

The next thing I see is Kikwang moving closer to me. Suddenly his arms are around me and I can feel his warmth  all around me. Instinctively, I stiffen up, but eventually, I relax into his embrace.

"Hyosung-ah, I want to be with you."

"Are you hungry?" I called as I heard the door unlock.

I was determined to make some proper dinner for once. Yesterday, I ended up burning the jajangmyun. The day before  that, I forgot to put garlic in the kimchi... and I also learned that your apparently supposed to store kimchi for at least a week before actually eating it. But Kikwang's been a real sport at downing the food. Sure his chewing is a bit strained and he drinks alot of water afterwards, but he always says I'm getting better. Although, he does seem to get in a happier mood when he sees me making instant noodles. But hands down, anything I make is one hundred times better than what Kikwang attempts to cook. He's not allowed to touch the stove anymore, not after he almost set the whole apartment on fire. 

Kikwang appears in the kitchen doorway,"I'm not quite sure... what are you making?"

"You're treading on thin ice, there." I warn him

He laughs it off and kisses my forehead and I turn away to try to hide my pink cheeks.

I try to control the butterflies raging in my stomach and attempt to make words leave my mouth, "I'm trying something less complicated. Omurice." 

Kikwang peers down at the frying pan and give me a patronizing smile. "Yes. I too would call that omurice. Indeed, that is omurice." 

It was more like a crude chicken fried rice with bits of egg surrounding the side. I couldn't get the omlette part to wrap around the rice properly, and alot of it ended up tearing apart in the pan.

I smack him in the forehead with my wooden ladle. "Yah! Get out of the kitchen!"

Like a little puppy, he retreats to another room while trying to offer apologies. Sighing at my food, I tranfer the contents of the pan into two bowls and I follow Kikwang into the living room. He cautiously takes the bowl from my hand and takes a seat on the couch. Our apartment is way too small to support a proper dining table so all our meals are either eaten on the couch or a tiny table at the corner of the living room.

"Any news on your sister?" I ask.

Kikwang's been spending alot of time at his parent's house trying to patch things up between his family members. It's really been a big mess after his grandfather found out about Krystal's arranged marriage.

When her grandfather stormed into their house a few days ago it was like world war three blew out. Krystal went on refusing to get married, while her father wouldn't hear any of it. Then grandpa cut in threatening to disown everyone if they go through with the wedding and Krystal's father dared him to go through with it and see how the company fares without the agreement. Krystal then turned around and went off on her own grandfaher, even though he was technically on her side, for only taking notice her now that things are getting out of hand and not even looking her way on a regular day. Things got really scarier and scarier by the second and eomma-nim told me I should leave before they involve me in it.

"It's... still realy bad." Kikwang said picking at a burnt chicken peice, "No ones really talking to any one else right now."

I could tell he didn't really want to talk about it, especially when he just came out of the cross fire.

"But Krystal's finally eating again. So that might be a good sign."

I took a peice of half cooked egg out of my mouth, "Not if you live here." I sighed looking down at my bowl, "Do you wanna just order pizza?"

He spit the food in his mouth out into a napkin, "Oh thank goodness. I thought for sure I was gonna die from this."

Kikwang immediately noticed the dissapointed look on my face and tried to make it better. "I mean... die because it's so good that I'm practically in heaven?"

"Save it" I say bitterly. 

He captures me in a hug, kisses me on the cheek and softy says "I'm sorry, Hyosung-ah." 

An unwilling smile spreads over my face, "Pabo." 

I would prefer to stay angry, but the food was pretty bad and he just made it impossible to hold a grudge. 

"It's okay, I know it's bad. Just call the pizza place so we don't starve to death."

LOL i guess they both never had to learn to cook because of their backgrounds!

Please comment!

~ nana-love