Grand Entrance

Hi, I'm Your Fiancée

Hyosung's POV

I looked up from my bowl of cereal as Kikwang staggered out of the hallway. He rubbed his eyes and pulled his black wife beater down, concealing his stomach. I quickly glanced at the morning cartoons that were playing on the television. I still wasn't totally comfortable with him walking around with a tank top on, but at least he wears sweats to bed now.

"Hungry?" I pointed with my spoon to a bagel I had put in the toaster for him
"Thanks" Kikwang was still half
asleep.

He wasn't a mad as he was a few days ago anymore, but he still didn't talk much.

I took a deep breath, "So tonight's that uhmm.. Jinsun thing, huh?
"He looked in my direction as I lifted the invite off the table.
"What time are we leaving? I need to know how much time I need to get ready" I tried to say it as naturally as possible.
"Uh, about that" He ran his hand through his hair, "I was gonna go early and meet up with Min"

I already knew that the answer was gonna be along those lines, but it still hurt when he said it. Krystal's words echoed through my head. Once he says it, you have to pretend to be sad. 

"Oh.. well that's cool." I really wasn't acting much, "I guess I'll catch a ride with Krystal then"
I could see he felt bad, like he was stuck in a cross roads. I took another bite of my cereal as Kikwang took a seat beside me on the dark brown table. 

"So what is this thing anyways? A birthday party for a bank?" I had to pretend not to know much about the event.
He sighed, "Yeah, more or less. Stuff like this really isn't my thing. But I can't not show up."
"Hmm.. guess not." I mused, "Hey! I LOVE this show!"My attention immediately switched to the colourful cartoon flashing on the screen.
He shook his head at me but I just ignored him. We watched the show for a bit when my phone rang, right on cue. He looked at me as I answered my cell.

"Yobosaeyo?"
"Yo, get your out here!" Sunhwa answered
"No, I'm not doing anything right now. Sure we can hang out for a bit" 
I pretended to hold a conversation with her for Kikwang, who was listening to our conversation. It went on like that for a few more minutes until I hung up.

"Who was it?" he asked.
"Sunhwa, she's outside right now." I said as I ran into the bedroom. "I think we're gonna hit the mall"
I quickly changed into some clothes and picked up my bag. "Guess I'll see you at the bank thing" 
As soon as I got into the elevator I let
out a laugh. He seemed so confused.
"You ready?" Sunhwa asked the moment I climbed into her silver range rover
"Yeah! Let's do it." I raised my fist in the air
"Now that's what I like to hear!" Krystal chimed from the backseat, "FIGHTING!"

 


"I'm NOT coming out!" I called out from the dressing room.
"You have to! How else will we know if it looks good on you" Jieun complained.
"Just pass me the next dress"
"Kay enough!" Krystal sounded impatient.

Everyone was silent. I was unsure of what was going on out there. Suddenly, I heard Krystal's footsteps coming closer and the next thing I knew, she was flinging the change room door open. I tried my best to cover myself but it was too late.

"Hmm... not bad!" Zinger commented
"Yeah, you look hot!" Krystal rested her hands on her hips and gave me a once over.
"Are you joking me? Look at this!" I pointed at the black dress' neckline, "I'm totally exposed!"
"What are you talking about? It's totally fine" Krystal dismissed my notion as if it were ridiculous.

She was clearly missing the point. The floor-length black dress was really gorgeous with a diamond incrusted design running up the side. The only problem was the plunging neckline. 

"I think you've been in America for too long" I frowned at the mirror, "I would totally get angry stares in this one, could you imagine the attention?!" 
I shuddered at the thought.
"That's soo true. I can't think of anywhere you could wear this where it would be okay" Sunhwa nodded
"Attention is what we were going for, but we wouldn't want people glaring" Krystal tapped her bottom lip.
"Can we try the deep purple one again?" Zinger looked at her watch, "We're gonna behind schedule if we don't choose soon"
"The ball gown?!" My eyes brightened, "Yeah I liked that one!"
"No, you can't" Sunhwa's voice was stern for once, "You'll just blend in with that one"
Krystal gave her a high five, "It's true, everyone will be wearing one of those. You need to make a statement"
Dropping onto the change room chair, I let out a sigh. 
"Kay, put on the next one!" Jieun tried to sound encouraging

I closed the door and quickly slipped off the barely-there dress as they tossed the next one over the wall.This one was a form-fitting mermaid tail dress. It wasn't flashy like the other one, simple but gorgeous.

"Actually, I kind of like this one" I said as I flung the door open.
"Daebak!" Jieun gave me a thumbs up.
Sunhwa couldn't hide her excitement, "I love it! You look so good!"
"Really?!" I smoothed the wrinkles out of the dress.
"Definitely" 
"Can we get one in blue?" Krystal asked the store owner.
"Blue? But the red looks so good" Zinger was confused
"Yeah, but I just know that alot of people gonna be wearing red too" Krystal explained "We're not the only ones who want to command a room"

I changed into my proper clothes and got out to pay for the dress.

"Kay, so where to now?" I struggled to keep up with the rest of the girls while holding the giant white box.
"Back to Krystal's" Jieun answered, "We've got to do hair and makeup"

 


"You ready for this?" Krystal looked at me.
We were sitting in the back seat of the rented limo right outside the main entrance of the Yoon Hall.
"Remember, you can't waver. Be confident. It's all you tonight"
I squeezed her hand, "Thank you, Kystal"
"Don't even mention it" She opened the door and slid out as fast as she could.

I've never seen her look so graceful. Her hair was pulled back into a series of intertwining buns and she wore a dress with a grey beaded bodice adorned with rugged flowers and a tulle skirt. With her attitude it was easy to forget she grew up accustomed to this kind of lifestyle. For Krystal, being refined seemed to be like second nature to her. I've been to my fair share of high end parties, but never on this grand of a scale. By the looks of the cars and limos parked, there were probably hundreds of important people here. 
We walked up the stairs and through the first set of doors. My nerves were almost got the best of me. I lifted my hand to move a piece of hair behind my ear when I realized that the right side of my hair was pinned back so that the curls would cascade over my left shoulder. 

"You got this" Krystal winked at me as she pushed the banquet doors open.

I peeked in through one of the windows to watch her float through the room. She glided through the crowd and stopped to exchange pleasantries with a friendly looking middle aged couple. Krystal was right, practically everyone had a ballgown on. The only people who weren't were the servers and men in tuxes. I stepped back from the window and let out a deep breath expelling all the butterflies from my stomach. Putting on my poker face, I pushed the oak wood doors open.

I scanned the room as I walked through. Keeping my expressions indifferent, I noticed everyone look in my direction. My poker face had dissolved and turned into natural confidence. Many of the onlookers moved out of the way as I strutted down the room. I stole a glance over to Kikwang, he was definitely looking in my direction and it only added to my confidence. I stopped when I finally reached my destination, the refreshment table at the back of the room. I picked up a champagne flute nonchalantly and took a sip as I leaned on the edge of the table. 

The last bit of people returned to their business if they hadn't already. I took this moment to relax a bit and waited for Krystal to make her way towards her. 

"It went way better than I expected" I gushed to her
"People are still watching" Krystal warned.
"Oh, right" This time I didn't change my expression
"Guess who's wearing red?" She tipped her chin towards Min on the left side of the room, who was wearing a red gown with pickups.

She seemed to be a bit put off by the attention I was receiving. I smiled at her as if I didn't notice. I could get used to this.

YES HYOSUNGG!! lmaoo

I really don't like using pics for references cuz the whole point of a story are the words, right?

But I couldn't help myself, the dresses were too awesome!

Please subscribe & comment!! :3

~ Nana-love