Closer

Hi, I'm Your Fiancée

Hyosung's POV

 
"The dumb part about being married is that you hardly know the status of your relationship!" I whined to Jieun.
She was sitting to my left.
"Well last time I checked, he was your husband" Zinger said jokingly as she stuffed a bunch of noodles in .
It had been a while since we all hung out, so Jieun invited us all to her family's newest restaurant. The four of us sat at a round cream coloured table on dark chocolate coloured seats with a white glass lantern dangling overhead.
"That's no what she meant, pabo!" Sunwha hit the top of Zinger's head just hard enough for all the noodles to drop back onto the white china plate.
"Kay, why don't you try thinking about it as if you weren't married to him." Sunwha continued, "Does he act like a boyfriend? I mean, do you guys go on dates? Does he take care of you? Buy you stuff?"
I thought about the questions for a second and tried to answer as honest as possible, "Well, we always hang out at home. But I think that's a given. Uhmm... he's been doing alot of the cleaning lately... and just last week he bought some shelves cuz we ran out of places to keep some stuff!"
I was smiling in pride of how well I was able to answer the questions. But I just got blank and disbelieving stares in return.
Jieun was the first one to break the silence, "Yeah, he's your husband"
I took a gulp of my sprite and sighed, "SEE?! It's too hard to even tell!"
 
Since the gala a few weeks ago, it's been really hard to tell if Kikwang and I were together. But I guess it's just one of those things that don't have a definite answer.
 
"Sorry I'm late guys!" Krystal huffed as she pulled out her chair, "Someone wanted to take the busiest street possible" she pointed to her mother who was standing beside her.
"Umma-nim!" I and the rest of the girls stood up to ow politely.
"Hey girls! I just wanted to come in to say hi... and order some food while I'm here" Hanyeon winked at us
"Try the special" Jieun offered, "it's really good!"
"Thanks, I will" She was about to make her way to the small counter in the back of the room, but stopped and turned around, "Hyosung-ah"
"Neh?" 
"Do you think you could take care of some business for me? I need you and Kikwang to head over to a ranch this weekend to check out how business there is going and see if we can start some construction nearby as well."
I looked over to Krystal who was making an X with her arms and mouthing the word no. I didn't see why Krystal didn't want her to go, going to a ranch sounded fun to me. Plus I felt as if no wasn't an option here, even though Umma-nim seemed friendly I knew things could turn ugly real quick.
"Yeah, sure! We could totally do it." I nodded
"Great!" Uma-nim smiled, "You should start getting into business matters anyways, one day you guys will be in charge of all this"
We said our goodbyes and she left the restaurant.
"Uhmm, I hate to sound desperate for business, but wasn't she gonna order some food?" Jieun questioned.
Krystal rested her head on her hand and answered defeatedly, "No, I don't think she ever planned to"
 
"...So then I said that we could go check it out for her this weekend!" Hyosung explained cheerfully
Kikwang couldn't believe it, "You said WHAT!? You didn't even ask me first?"
 
He was slouched on the couch watching a random variety show while Hyosung was standing to the side of the sofa.
 "I don't see what the big deal is. We just need to go and check out the place, monitor business and scout for areas nearby. You sound as if i'm asking you to die for me." She reasoned
"We're NOT going" Kikwang said coldy
"We can't not go!" Hyosung pleaded, "Please, I already said we would"
"Look, I just don't want anything to do with handling and kind of business." Kikwang sighed, getting rid of his anger just as quickly as it came.
"I know," She slowly sat down on the seat beside him, "and I'm sorry I didn't ask you first."
He turned to his side to look at her, "I just don't wanna turn into them"
"Them?"
"Like my grandfather."
 
Common knowledge dictated that Kikwang's grandfather was a major workaholic. He hardly ever came home and spent everyday possible at his office. Only keeping touch with his family because they were part of Gangjeom. 
 
"You will never be like him." Her eyes softened, "But if you ever do, I will beat you so hard until you are physically unable to be like that"
Kikwang smiled, "Thanks"
Hyosung laughed and stood up and walked towards the bedroom. "Good. Now pack your stuff"
 
Kikwang's POV
 
I pulled up into the long dirt driveway and put the car in park, it was just beginning to get get very dark outside. I knew I shouldn't have washed the car this week, all this dust stuck on like glue.
 
Hyosung got out of the car and stretched as I went to the back of the car and started to take out some of the suitcases.
"FINALLY!" She cried holding on to her straw hat so the wind wouldn't blow away.
I gave her a death glare as I took some luggage out of the trunk, "You shouldn't even be complaining, I drove all the way here!"
She pouted at me but the wind blew her hair over her face causing her to frantically pull it away from her eyes. I couldn't help but let out a laugh, this time it was her turn to shoot me a glare.
 
"Excuse me? Lee Kikwang-ssi?" A man in a suit walked up the driveway.
"Ne, that's me" Kikwang shook his hand
"My name is Han Jinguk, I'm in charge of this location. It's good to finally meet you. Welcome to the Gangjeom ranch"
 
I looked around to see a large field with withered grass incased by a wooden fence. There was a sad looking barn in the background with no livestock or any kind of crop being grown.
 
"Uhm, is this it?" I asked. 
Jinguk tried to cover a smile, "Actually you guys parked on the wrong side of the street"
He turned us around to see an even larger amount of land with cute cottages scattered around. White picket fences held in horses while other farm animals were scattered around a large red barn. 
 
"This is the Heunjeog Ranch" He continued, "You Grandfather said you wouldn't know much about it. Well, this ranch technically a country themed hotel where guests can come to relax and get in touch with a simple life. If you'll just follow me across the street we can get you checked in and tomorrow we will start on a full tour"
 
"Yeah sure" I scratched my head as I turned around to see our car fully unpacked. This was gonna be a pain to fit back into the car.
Jinguk nodded, "Don't worry about your stuff, some staff are on the way to retrieve it for you."
 
Hyosung's POV
 
Kikwang and I followed the attendant into our wooden cottage. She was carrying the lighter luggage while an attendant behind Kikwang was carrying the heavier stuff. 
 
"And here our your bedrooms", she stopped at the end of the short hallway.
I followed Kikwang and his concierge into the room ad I followed.
"Oh!" I turned to see the lady concierge with an embarrassed look on her face.
"Is something wrong?" I asked
"Uhmm, wellIheardthatyouguysweremarriedbutsinceyouwerearrangedweassumedyouweren'tthatclose. Wehadoriginallypreparedyouanotherroom,butit'snoproblem,wecanjustmovetherestofyoustuffintothelargerroom." She was slurring her words so fast i could hardly understand her. 
 
Before I could respond she speedily moved everything into the first bedroom and bowed several times before she and the other concierge left. If she thought she was embarrassed then I was mortified!! 
I had never thought of it much, but I realized that the apartment Kikwang's family had bought had only one bedroom because they wanted us to be closer. It had really been a while since I'd had the option of having my own room. I changed into by pj's and fell on the bed defeated and cringing at the conversation I had just had.
 
Kikwang laughed at me as soon as he opened the washroom door, "Oh so now you want to sleep in my bed"
"Don't even start!" I groaned, as I stomped in as soon as he got out.
 
"I didn't know you were that attached to me" He teased leaning on the bathroom doorway
I brushed my teeth fiercely, "I'm not!"
"Oh really?" He laughed
I tried not to explode and kept silent as I washed the makeup off my face.
"WOAHH!! Who are you?" 
"Yah! Shut up!" I snapped 
"Well if I bother you so much, why don't you go sleep in your room?
"Fine I will" I walked out of the bathroom and opened a drawer to start gathering my stuff.
Kikwang flew over to my side and quickly closed it, "No wait! I was just kidding!"
"Yeah, That's what I thought." This time I was the one doing the teasing.
 
We climbed into bed and in a matter of fifteen minutes, Kikwang was already fast alseep. An hour later I was still staring at the cottage wall trying to get to sleep. Suddenly, I felt something wrap around my waist and pull me farther from the wall until my back was touching Kikwang's chest. I was so shocked all the wind flew out of my mouth. I realized that Kikwang had actually pulled me closer with his arm, I could feel his warmth coming from behind me. Slowly, I looked up to see his face a few inches from me. His eyes were closed but he was smiling.
"Yah, I know you're awake."
"Shhh... no I'm not"
 
I turned back around and he hugged me tighter. I was so lucky that he couldn't see my face because I was blushing like crazy. All of the sudden I finally started to feel tired. This was the first time I've been able to fall asleep properly in a while.
 
 
SOOO sorry I haven't been updating in a while.
PLease don't kill me!! Things have been unbelievably busy! Plus I've been having a bit of writers block
but don't worry i think im all good now!!
AWWW Kikwang is soo cute!
I actually really like Hyunseung from B2ST but I'm turning myself into a Kiki fan LOOLS
I usually ship couples because one of them is my bias but then i end up becoming a huge fan of the other person too!
lol Im a Hyo fan and now a Kikwang one. I'm also a huge  Seungho fan and now i really like Soyeon! 
LMAOO, kay I'll stopp blabbing on.
please comment!!
 
~ Nana-love