Is she trust-worthy?

Puzzle of my heart.

Is she trust-worthy?

 

 

When he came back from the woods, his friends joked with him. They weren’t used to letting strangers talk to one of them… They weren’t used to talk to girls either…

“So… Tao… Who is this girl?” Kris asked a smirked plastered on his face.

“Her name is Yina… She must be around your age… I’ve already seen her in high school but she doesn’t go to my classes because she is older than me…”

“Wait… You’re saying you’ve noticed her before today?” Lay soft voice interrupted the younger boy who realized he had made a mistake… He shouldn’t have told that. Now his friends were only going to make fun of him…

“Are you… Do you like her?” XiuMin eagerly asked as he smiled jokingly at Tao.

Tao blushed lightly before answering.

“Don’t be silly… She is cute and all but… She is older than me…”

“And what’s the problem with that?” Chen questioned, making all of his friend lightly laugh… Chen was known to be interested in older girls and his friends used to teasingly make fun of him…

“There is none if your name is Chen” Tao joked as the older one lightly hit his arm.

“Come on guys… Tao is only fourteen… He can’t have a girlfriend he is too young!” LuHan finally said.

“It’s a joke right Lulu? You’re not being serious! It’s not because you don’t have one that Tao can’t have a girlfriend!”

“Anyway…” Kris’ voice was much more serious. “You still have to explain a few things Tao… I don’t care if you like her or not… You just revealed who you are… Don’t you remember the rules?”

“You mean the one we made when we were a full pack? Yes I do, but it doesn’t mean we have to live by ourselves… I mean when the last time you spoke to someone was?”

“Well… I did speak to the cashier the last time I went to buy groceries…” XiuMin began

“And I did give an answer in class the other day…”  LuHan stated.

“I’m not talking about that and you know it! When was the last time you had a conversation with someone?” Tao answered painfully.

A silence answered him.

They were always talking to each other but because of this stupid (according to Tao) law, they hadn’t let anyone grew attached to them. And Tao was tired of this situation.

“If we made rules it was to protect us Tao and you know that…” Chen hesitantly said.

“I know but can’t we try to forget these rules for once in our lives?”

“Tao… Think of our brothers… They do follow the rules wherever they are. And if we don’t break them it is for everyone’s safety…” XiuMin tried to reason with Tao…

“I know. But I don’t feel like someone like Yina would ever betray us… She did draw me. She wasn’t afraid. She understood in a way even if she knew that I wasn’t just a wolf... Plus, I don’t think that anybody would ever believe her if she talked about it…”

Kris had been silent for a while… He knew he was weaker when Tao was asking for favor as he had always considered his as a little brother and was somehow more protective with him…

“Listen… I’m going to talk to this girl tomorrow at school… And depending on which I think of Yina we will invite Yina to come with us or not… Ok?”

“Ok…”

“Whatever… I hope you will see that she wants us no harm… Because I really feel she can be a great friend if only you let her the chance to be…”

 

A day had passed. Kris had tried to speak to Yina and swiftly understood that she was somehow scared of him… He knew some people were scared of him but he also knew that she wasn’t afraid because of that but rather by her first meeting with him when he was a wolf. He remembered bribes of their conversation pensively.

“I think you’ve met my friend Tao already… He’s younger than me so he’s not in this class but I’m sure you’ve met him…”
“I don’t know anyone named Tao…”
“I see… But maybe you don’t know his name… A tall guy with red hair… He is usually a loner but he told me he had… met you in the woods… And you’re somehow familiar to me…”
“No really, I don’t know what you’re talking about, I…”
The girl was saved by her French teacher who had just entered the classroom, gesturing to the class to be quiet. But she couldn’t help but hear the tall guy whispering to her:
“Either I’m wrong… Or you’re lying… And if I were you I’d rather prefer the first option…”

Had the threat been too much for the girl? He already deplored his impetuous answer… He smiled as he remembered the way he had framed her. He had seen her scribble a wolf shadow on her paper…


“And what do you like to do Kris?”
-“I like to have time with my group of friend… We usually hang out in the woods…”
“Oh, that’s great!”
“And what about you? You’re an artist?”
“Not an artist, but… I like to draw…”
“Buildings? “
“Yes…”
“Animals?”
“yes again!”
“Wolves?”

 

 


 

The parts in italics were taken from my other story Beauty and the beast since Yina is featured in it ;) I thought it was easier to copy them than to make you read the whole chapter of Beauty and the Beast...

I hope you liked today's update... :D 

About tomorrow I may not be able to update it... I'll try yo update it earlier than I usually do but if I don't I'll try to do a double update in thursday!

♥ Thanks to all of you for reading/subscribing/commenting ♥