Happy Birthday (part 1)

Puzzle of my heart.

Happy Birthday.

 

 

 

HyeMin slowly opened her eyes only to find out she wasn’t on her bed. She was all alone laid down on the couch. Blinking, she tried to remember why she was here like that.

Had she dreamt? She remembered having begun to sleep while she was watching a movie with Tao. She vaguely remembered Tao’s perfume and look as he had turned his head toward her, those eyes that could see through her heart, and those eyes that haunted her at night. Was it even real?

“Raise Sunshine!” Ara said while entering the room with a tray on which there was the perfect breakfast for HyeMin.

“Happy birthday” Yina yelled as she throws herself beside the girl already on the couch.

“Wait… What?”

“Today is your birthday! Don’t say you forgot silly!”

By seeing HyeMin’s face the two other girls shared a desperate look. She did have forgotten.

“It’s my birthday? Like… Today?”  The girl wasn’t completely awaken and didn’t know what was going on. She could hear the guys chatting and moving things above them.

“Where are the guys? What are they doing?”

“You mean where is Tao…?” Ara joked.

“It’s not funny… At all…” HyeMin complained. She still couldn’t remember what had happened and why she had woken up on the couch.

“What’s wrong?”

“I… I have a question for you… You need to answer me… Please?”

“Since it’s your birthday I guess we could make an effort… Tell us what’s wrong…”

“I… I remember having felt asleep in front of the TV while I was watching a movie with Tao…”

“And yes when we came back we’ve found you sleeping in his arms… He was trying not to wake you up… We helped him and since he was so scared of waking you up we decided to let you on the couch with some blankets…”

“Thank you” Even though she was less confused, HyeMin was slowly processing what her friend had told her.

 

*************************************************************************************

 

From the other side of the door Tao was peeping. Seeing HyeMin turning her head toward the door he moved so he couldn’t be seen anymore.

It was as if she had felt his presence.

He tried to calm down and took a deep inspiration. He could still smell her perfume coming from his sweater.

Her perfume was mesmerizing.

He felt weak seeing the flow of her hair. Those beautiful and soft hair he had felt on his cheek the night before…

He saw a faint smile on her lips and for the first time he realized it was fake. He didn’t know what was happening but something had just hit it:

He had never seen her crying…

HyeMin turned her head once again and smiled awkwardly as she met Tao’s stare.

He cleared his throat while entering the room.

He had never realized how beautiful her eyes were and he felt his knee weakening under him with every step he made toward her.

“Happy Birthday Minnie!”

He would have loved to hug her as he sometimes had done friendly. But right now he couldn’t. He knew he couldn’t act friendly with her, not now, not when she meant so much more than just a friend.

“I… I have a gift for you but I need you to follow me… will you?”

“Of course…”

 

 


 

... I'm so sorry I didn't update yesterday... I'm having quite a crazy college year and I have a lot to do so I sometimes lack time to write... :/

 

So tomorrow may be the last chapter! Or the day after I still don't know it depends on my way of writing.

 

I cannot thank you enough for reading me and subscribing ♥

 

PS: Are you guys ready for SeHun's story? ;p