Children of the moon

Puzzle of my heart.

Children of the moon

 

 

“What… What do you mean by that?” Tao was scared of what he was going to know about him. He wasn’t used of his father being somehow scared.

“I mean that you are not only a human…”

“I’m a monster, aren’t I?”

“You’re not a monster. You’re a werewolf…”

“… I’m a WHAT?” Tao could feel his blood pressure raising. He felt like he was going to lose temper soon.

“You’re a werewolf…” His father answered as he lowered his head.

His mother put a hand on her son’s ones. It was warm and relaxing. He could feel her motherly love through their skin. It was a comforting touch.

“Listen to us please Tao” Her voice remained calm even though the atmosphere was onerous. “Your father was already one when I first met him… I learnt to know him and I felt in love… I only learnt what he was when he asked me to marry him and I agreed because I knew it was a part of him. It didn’t change who he really was… It didn’t change the love I had for him…”

“And did you know that you gave birth to a monster? Did he told you what could happen of me?”

“You’re not a monster Tao… Neither is your father for being a werewolf nor I am for having been transformed into one…”

“What… What do you mean…?”

“When I agreed to marry your father he and I both knew his parents would never agree on me marrying their son if I wasn’t like him… So your father bit me to change me into a she-werewolf. I knew that if we had a child he would most likely be one… And I don’t regret having one. You’re the best thing that happened to us Tao and I strongly forbid you to say you’re a monster.”

Tao closed his eyes. Not only the dizziness wasn’t going away but his whole world was collapsing with each word his parents were saying to him… His nerves were awakening the wolf in him and he knew he wouldn’t be able to hold “It” for long…

“I know it’s not easy to accept. I’ve been through this son, but you will figure it out… You will understand the beast in you…”

“You don’t know anything…” Tao muttered gritting his teeth. His father couldn’t know how hard it was to fight it. Otherwise he wouldn’t have had a child. He wouldn’t have inflicted this to someone he liked.

“You may think we are beasts for having a child knowing he would be one two but you can live with this… Look at us Tao… We are a family even though we are werewolf… You can grow and live a beautiful life… Nothing would prevent you from doing so!”

“I… Will... Never… Have… A… Family” The pain in his chest was becoming heavier with each breath and his nose seemed to smell things he had never smelled before with such accuracy.

“You can and maybe you will…”

“I WON’T! I WILL NEVER DO TO ANYBODY WHAT YOU DID TO ME”

The poor boy was now cringing because of the pain. It wasn’t only physical.

His own parents had lied to him all his life.

Feeling nauseous and betrayed he rushed to withdraw himself in his room that he locked not to be disturbed.

“Tao”

His father’s strict voice would never make him open the door.

“Please Tao open the door…”

His mother pleading was just another thorn in his already hurt heart.

After about thirty minutes of pleading and demanding that he would open the door, his parents finally left.

The silence was helping him to feel better. Maybe he had always been a loner because somehow it was a protection instinct for him… The pain was much lighter now and he even succeeded in sleeping for a while.

He woke up only to find a giant in his room waiting for him.

“Hello Tao… Your parents have called me because you just learnt who you really are… If you want I can be your older brother. You’re not the only child of the full moon. You could join the pack…”

“I don’t know you… I don’t know what to do…”

“I know… I’ve been through this before… I’m here to help you. Brothers take care of each other… Just follow me for now and you’ll see. If you want to go home you will be able to…”

“I don’t have a home anymore. Show me my new home.”

The man smirked as he turned and began to walk out of the room…

“Welcome to the Children of the full moon’s pack. By the way, my name is Kris.”

 

 


 

I feel so bad for having made Tao turn his back on his parents... but maybe he will come back to them later on... :/

And I'm sure you had already figured it out who was the one coming to look for Tao even before Kris told his name^^

I don't know about you but when I taped "I'm a loner" I thought of CN Blue's song XD

Anyway... It's the end of today's update^^ You'll have a new chapter tomorrow...

I hope you like the story so far...

Thanks to my new subscriber! (Princ3ssBubbl3Gum) Thank you for reading my story :) 

Waiting for you to tell me what you think of it in the comments ^^