I'm a creature of the night

Puzzle of my heart.

I’m a creature of the night.

 

 

Tao stood proud on the stage as he waved at his parents showing them the silver medal he had just won.

Sure, it wasn’t a gold medal, but it was his first time entering this martial combat competition and he was one of the youngest so it was already a great performance he had just made.

The young boy smile widened as he realized that his schoolmate won’t probably make fun of him the next day. It wasn’t that he wasn’t friendly but they used to make fun of him because he was a loner. But he was like that. He liked to walk alone for hours and hours end he never felt really great being with them anyway. But he lived in a small town and the news of his medal would probably shut the mocking for a while…

However his smile faded when he remembered the feeling he had felt during the last combat.

He had always liked martial combat; it gave him the feeling of being powerful. But he never really sought to hurt anyone…

Still, during the last one he had felt this weird feeling he had already felt from times to times since his last birthday… It was something overpowering him. It make him feel like a schizophrenic… On one side he felt like the boy he was, still a child and happy to live a peaceful life… On the other one he felt like something was awakening in himself. Like a beast wanting to wake up.

As he had looked at his opponent on the mat he has had a weird feeling. Something blurred his vision and his head had been dizzy in a matter of second. His stomach had felt empty as if he hadn’t eaten for days when he just had one of the hugest meals of his life. He has had a tingling feeling all over his skin as if thousands and thousands of needles were trying to pierce it.

He had seen the man facing him not like another human but more like a pray. And he didn’t like that at all…

As he rose his head again and looked at his parents to smile to the again he saw a change in their behavior.

He could read fear all over their look. There was like a prayer in their eyes as if they believed a beast was going to rush to them instead of their beloved son. And Tao had a feeling that they knew something he didn’t about his current state.

After a last bow he left the stage and rushed to his changing room to put water all over his face. Who knows, maybe he would feel a little better…

But instead of feeling better it only gave him a strange thirst…. But he didn’t want to drink water it felt like a plain drink he wanted more.

As he looked in the mirror he saw his eyes changing to red; contrasting with his dark hair and tumbled back.

Was it really him? Was this only an optical illusion or his eyes had really a bloody color?

He didn’t want to be like that. He didn’t understand what was going to him…

He didn’t saw the door opening and shake with fear and surprise as his father put his hand on his son’s shoulder.

“Hurry up son… We have something to tell you… It’s really important.”

“Maybe we should have talked to you about that earlier but we somehow hoped it wouldn’t happen to you…” His mother added with tears in her eyes.

She felt guilty. Even though Tao was a little child, he knew his mother’s facial expression and this one wasn’t a good sign.

Was he in trouble?

 “Don’t be scared son. Just try to relax and change. We will be waiting for you outside. Try to hurry. You may not be in control for long…”

What was his dad talking about? It was as if a creature was taking possession of him.

He changed in a hurry and sat on the back sit in the car as his parents looked at him with worried looks.

Nobody talked during the ride home. Tao had the impression of hearing his parents breathing louder than usual. He could also hear heartbeats. It was normal for him to hear his own, when he was stressed he was used to hear it, but he shouldn’t have hear his father’s one or his mother’s one… And he surely shouldn’t have heard his neighbor’s one…

He felt even dizzier as he laid down on the couch waiting for his parents to explain him what was going on.

“We have to talk Tao…” he tried to sat but felt from the couch as he saw claws on his hands.

“Mom… Dad… What’s going on with me?”

He didn’t want to worry them even more but he couldn’t take it anymore.

“We should have told you that a long time ago… I know it won’t be easy for the twelve years’ old child that you are to hear that but listen to us please…” His mother’s voice was soft and reassuring but it didn’t help him very much and he was growing more and more impatient. His father realized it and cut his mother.

“What your mother is trying to tell you is that you’re a son of the moon”

 

 


 

Wow... It seems so much shorter in here than on my draft! O.O

Anyway here is the first chapter... We're going back in time since Tao's only 12 in here!! (have you seen any predebut photo of him? He was sooo cute as a child!)

As promised I'll update twice today so another chapter is coming during the evening here^^

I hope you liked the first one :)

Thanks to you for reading and thanks to my first subscriber on this story (ShineeEllaBaby) ♥ 

please do comment to tell me what you think of it don't be shy ;) (I don't bite lol)