We Were In Love by TaquitosNOMNOM

❀Unicorn's Rose❀ |Review Shop™| Closed

 

We Were In Love

by: TaquitosNOMNOM

Genre: Romance/Angst

Main Character(s): Lay/OC

Contains: Straight

Chapter(s): Two (Completed)

Summary:  An anti-social girl falling in love. She knows better not to fall in love but~ she follows her heart anyway and she ends up getting hurt. She tries to get over him but she can't. She wishes to see him and one day he shows up at her house.

 


 

Title ★★★★

The title does tell you what it is about, however, it might tell you more than what you really wish for. I know the author choose the title because of Davichi's lovely duo with T-ara. The song is indeed lovely and it's one of my faves. Sadly, apparently she wasn't the only person that thought it to be lovely. I searched on aff for stories under this names and this story was the first out of 40+ fanfics with the same title >< it was the first probably because I am subscribe to it. So, that gives the title of this story low marks for originality. Sorry! :(

 

Plot 

I must be honest. I read the story because is about Lay and he is my ultimate bias in Exo. However as soon as started reading the story, I was hooked! I really loved it and I even hated a few characters that should be hated xD Haneul, the main character's twin sister is a wannabe that wishes to be accepted by the popular people; dragging her poor twin into the whole thing. Nayoung, a girl that is anti-social because she is too scared to get hurt, is the laughing matter of said people and you can;t help but hate their guts along with her twin sister, who doesn't even defend her and just pushes her, making her do things as she pleases as if she was a marionette. Suddenly she meets at a party this handsome boy, named Lay. And from that day they became close, then got into a relationship but one day Lay after all the promises he made for her, decides to break them and dumps her; making Nayoung vulnerable yet again to open up her heart to anyone. Two years passed, and then you find out the reason why Lay dumped her and we go more into depth about their relationship from Lay's POV. The ending was nothing but terribly cute! I loved it! ^^ (P.S. Haneul can go to hell.)

 

Grammar 

There are few errors here and there (but I do know that english isn't your first language). Nothing I should worry about and something that cab be edited very quickly. Also, the way you were writing the second shot wasn't truly my cup of tea but I get that you might not have tiem to make a whole long chapter and made it into tiny chapters as you updated. If you need a beta, holla! ;D

 

Originality 

I have read many romatic stories in aff but I don't think I have read something like this so yesh! To me, it's original! You did surprise me about the reason why Lay left her, I didn't expect that! ;) So thumbs up for that! I love my stories with nice twists and turns and you definitely did it! (just like you did with the one you wrote for me with Lay too :) heheh.)

 
Flow 
 
The way they met was natural and it wasn't too rushed either. You stayed true to Nayoung's personality about not opening up to people that easily. Lay trying to break that wall between them was very well thought of. Lay was truly a sweetheart and if I was her, of course I would slowly melt that wall and let him enter. And after knowing the reasons why he left me, I would still forgive him just because he is Zhang Yixing and he is perfect and the way he explains himself, it's just so frustrating. You can't help falling in love with the way you wrote him. Marvelous! :)
 
 

Reader's POV

You asked me to answer you a few questions and they will be answer not from the reviews's pov but from a reader's. You asked me wether I thought it was good: I do! I do think it was really good actually! I do love your plot-lines! I enjoy them very much. They are very well thought of and there is always a reason and a twist. One rarely see stories like that these days. Some people just want to write about getting to know their celebrity and their romance and a lot of incoherent stupid drama that really drives me nuts D: But your stories always get to the point and at the right time. It is not too fast paced nor slow paced. It is just simply, perfect.

So, I give this story, overall: 

Congratulations! Welcome to our Hall of Fame!