Origami Butterfly by deluforselu

❀Unicorn's Rose❀ |Review Shop™| Closed

Origami Butterfly

by: deluforselu

Genre: Angst/Romance

Main Character(s): Baekhyun/Chanyeol (BaekYeol)

Contains: /Character's Death

Chapter(s): One (Completed)

 

Summary:   Chanyeol still remembers crystal clear all the string of events that unfolded before the death of his one and only ray of light, Baekhyun.

 


 

Title 

I love origamis! ^^ (Nice way of starting this review, huh? lol) The title it's indeed eye-catching, especialy if the reader; like me, loves origamis. Also the fact that it's a "butterfly" origami makes me read more cause I'm a bit obsess with butterflies >.< lol! I looked at the search box in aff and this is the only story with this title, however, there are two other stories that used the word "origami"; one called "Torn Origami" and the other one plain "Origami". I read that you are planning on keeping the "origami" theme in your stories. That's a big plus for readers to know that those stories are yours :) Nice touch! 

 

Plot 

I really loved the plot (and hated it XD lol) however it's not so original cause we have heard about suicide and sickness and them dying. Still, it was a beautiful story and the way you made Chanyeol reminisce every day he spent with Baekhyun was indeed lovely. Good job! 

 

Grammar 

I didn't saw any grammar issues nor typos. It was perfect!  I loved that you put a line between memories to separate them and that's a huge plus for the readers.

 

Originality ★★

Most angst stories are based on people dying either by suicide or illness. So in that part, it lacks originality. There are other ways to kill a person XD: car accidents, plane crashes, terrorist attacks XD lol! I dunno! Or one can use fantasy things like my friend/fellow reviewer Najaeri did in her angst Suho story that's reviewed in this shop called "Ocean" (if you're curious about how she did it, you should check it out ;P). 

Flow 
 
The story had a nice flow, like I told you before I loved the fact that you separated the memories. Everything happened in its time. Simply good for a first story! 
 
 

Reader's POV

You wanted my view as a reader and here it is: /spazzes /cries /wails ;A; Poor Baekhyun! Poor Chanyeol! I really hate suicide stories but since I know that he did it cause he knew he would die anyways but still....huhuhuhu~ -.- and YES! You made me cry! Endless rivers falling from my eyes! All those origamis and Baekhyun's last message and my feelz about the song "Don't Go" all mixed up together didn't help me from keeping myself from crying! I will be honest to say that it isn't the best angst story I've read. However! It was truly a lovely story and it was pretty good! Not the best one but still a good one! Keep it up! ^^

I give your story:  

Sorry you didn't make it to our Hall of Fame but do not get discouraged.

Just keep writing! You have so much potencial!