The Butterfly's Guidance by Ambizzbo

❀Unicorn's Rose❀ |Review Shop™| Closed

 

 

The Butterfly's Guidance

by: Ambizboo

Genre: Fantasy

Main Character(s): TVXQ/JYJ

Contains: Non-Romantic

Chapter(s): One-Shot

Summary: The world is broken and Jaejoong is the only one standing. He seeks help from a magical butterfly to fix the world. The butterfly flies through the city, encountering a few events. She eventually finds the secret to restore love back into the world.

 


 

 

Title ❀❀❀❀

I'm glad that you put it as "The Butterfly's Guidance" and not as "Butterfly". It's pretty poetic, and it's catchy. It grabs the reader's attention (at least, when I read it, it took mine's). Also, the way it flows with the fic is amazing. It gives you a vibe of what will happen, but not that much. You are letting the readers' a space to imagine, to create a world before going into the story, and that's a must.

 

Description/Foreword ❀❀

It should be shorter and bigger, but those are minor things. It was fabulous and amazing. What else I can say? I mean... I don't have anything to say because I liked everything from it. It was like a prelude to the actual fic, and that amazed me to no end. Some people don't tend to do that, and you did. There's a clearly connecting between them and the story, and that's what it takes to grab the reader's attention.

 

Characterization 

I would have given you full marks if you would have taken time to describe DB5K. I know it's difficult with the theme overall, but two or three paragraphs would have been good. I was mesmerized with the way you described Jaejoong, but I was more shocked with the way you described the butterfly. For me, she was the protagonist after all. She took my attention, more than JJ (and he's my bias), because she was so well-written, so wonderfully described, that I was simply captivated by her. The connection between them was clearly explained, and that was a plus. 

 

Originality 

I have read something like this before, but not the way you portrayed it, so I won't take roses off. I also have to tell that Fantasy is not my thing, is not my favorite genre for various reasons, but I loved the metamorphs on your fic. They reminded me a lot of me, since I'm mostly a poetic writer, and it was good. It was very original, and... I can't say anymore because it was amazing. Period. 

However, I have to tell you that these three lines took the breathe out of me:

"The only sense left for him was touch, but the feelings didn’t belong to him."

"Even if you’re forgiven, you can’t change your lack of courage."

Wow, priceless. I'm in shock.

 
 
 
Flow ❀❀❀❀
 
The flow was amazing. Some one-shots seem rushed, but this one was really good. Not too slow or fast, just perfect.
 
 

Reader's POV

CAN I ING SPAZZ ABOUT THIS FIC?! YES?! NO?! I DON'T CARE I WILL EDRGTHYUNBGVYCFTDR WHAT DO YOU WANT ME TO SAY? I LOVE THIS. PERIOD. THE END. I LOVE IT TOO MUCH I WILL RECOMMEND IT IN ANOTHER SHOP I WORK. SERIOUSLY. I JUST CAN'T HOLD MY FEELS. THIS IS TOO MUCH. LET ME DIE AGAIN. BYE. XD

I give this:

❀❀

Congratulations! Welcome to our Hall of Fame!