Dark Ties by Nictaeny9

❀Unicorn's Rose❀ |Review Shop™| Closed

 

Dark Ties

by: Nictaeny9

Genre: Drama, Romance, Other

Main Character(s): Tiffany/Taeyeon (TaeNy)

Contains: Yuri

Chapter(s): 8 (On-Going)

Summary: Two girls, both tragic pasts. Fate decides to give both a push into the other's life. What happens now?

 


 

 

Title 

I loved it! It truly represents the story, and what you wanted to express through it. It was a brilliant choice, so I do congratulate you for that. It makes the reader wonder how dark and obscure it's going to be, as well as what we might expect from it. I don't anything else to say, because I liked it a lot.

 

Description/Foreword ❀❀

The description is perfect, and kind of poetic, so I liked it a lot. It gives off the vibe needed to give the opportunity to this fic. However, I'm taking two stars out because usually when an author puts the characters description, they usually accommodate them in the Foreword, and if they don't, then they would write something else in the Foreword, so it kind of bothered me to just see a little bit of the Description in general, and nothing in the Foreword except for the credits. It seemed bland, and it doesn't look good either.

 

Characterization ❀❀

Okay... It would have been 4 stars if it was not for the fact that Taeyeon fell too easily for Tiffany. If you would have put that Taeyeon was attracted to Tiffany since he met her (like it happened with Fany), then it would have been more realistic. But it wasn't the case. When you described Taeyeon in her POVs, she was a dark, lonely, and strong character who didn't give a fu-- about others, and the way she cared for Tiffany too easily seemed unreal. It didn't fit her character after all. It actually kind of killed her persona, and was a little turn off. However, Tiffany's character was very well done. Her suffering, her past, her mask, everything I considered it flawless. The only thing I didn't liked was that she trusted her perhaps too much. Being a broken doll like her, it would have taken much more time than that.

 

Originality ❀❀

It's quite common to find these type of fics. Obviously, everybody has their way of portray it, and yours was an example of that. Mostly, is one of them suffering while the other brings comfort, but this isn't the case. They are both suffering, and they are both trying to console each other. Nevertheless, I still think you could have make this plot better. But I understand it still has a long way to go, so it might surprise me with time!

 
Flow ½❀❀
 
I felt it too rushed. They trusted each other so easily, so blindly, that it takes off the beauty of the overall plot. Also, Taeyeon showed compasion too early for Tiffany. There were many holes that you should have taken care of in order for the story to appear more realistic, more connected, and as dark as you put it on your Description.
 
 

Reader's POV

Well I liked it, since it's not an usual Yuri fic. Most of Yuri fics I have read are very pinky and romantic and fluffy, but this actually presents the other side of life, the reality of lots of people. However, I didn't enjoyed it too much... perhaps it was the fact of the Flow. But you have room to improve. I recommend you to re-read, and fill those holes I talked to you about. The plot even if it's cliché, has a very good potential and you are a good writer. You just need to re-organize your ideas, and re-write if necessary. ^^ 

I give this:

❀❀