Seoul Song by hazel_marie13

❀Unicorn's Rose❀ |Review Shop™| Closed

Seoul Song

by: hazel_marie13

Genre: Romance

Main Character(s): Super Junior/SNSD (Super Generation) 

Contains: Straight

Chapter(s): Nine one-shots (Complete)

 

Summary:   Seoul is one of the beautiful cities that you can find in Korea. And in this city, you will find the famous university called SM University. It is the home of the students who dream of their own love stories. Join the Super Generation in finding their love inside and outside of their homeland.

 


 

Title ★★★ 

I like it! I get the whole point about the story being called Seoul Song since you are basing it on the song Super Junior sang along Girls Generation and the one-shots involve them and all the romance it's in Seoul, no one on aff has it besides you and ya-da ya-da...so yeah! It's good enough for me! :)  

 

Plot 

The fluffyness in here is to die for! Each one shot is cute and though I don't like idol x idol fics, I really liked yours! However to me the whole picture thingy and you explaining them was a downside :( I like my readers to use their imagination and this cuts it off for me. I like how you connect all the characters especialy Siwon and Yoona being siblings, that was nice! Good job! ^^

 

Grammar 

Your grammar was not the baddest I've seen but I did saw a few errors. The one that bothered me the most was you using the "&"  in exchange of the word "and". Please REFRAIN yourself from doing this, as the use of that symbol it's out of context and not appropiate when writing a story; unless, you are talking about a company or something along the lines. Apart for that, the errors along the story were very simple and can be easily fixed with a good beta. Still, your english was pretty good.

  Originality 

Well, we've all have seen these high school/college life stories with our idols, so we can't say they are original cause they're not. There are over 1,000+ fics with that theme on AFF. However you gave them your own spice and you make them work for me somehow. Also, I liked that you based each one shot on a SUJU/SNSD song and put the song at the end.

Flow 
 
The flow through each one-shot was pretty nice, it was not rushed nor slow. However, like I mentioned in the Plot part, the whole picture and you explaining through author's notes thingy, to me really cut the flow of the story. Readers should want to imagine on their own how they frown, how they smile, how they cry. Of course, if we are fans, we don't even need pictures to imagine them cause we have seen them do it so many times it is already recorded in our minds. So, I advice you to take the pictures out. Trust me, you don't need them there. We readers don't need them. :)
 
 

Reader's POV

Even though I don't like idol x idol fics, the nine one shots were adorable and full of fluff! I enjoy this kind of stories even if they tend to be a bit over-rated. Still, you did a good job on each of them. I had fun reading them! ^^ ♥

I give your story:

You didn't make our Hall of Fame but keep up the good work!