City Park

Hey, can you keep a secret?

(Rachel's pov)

I laid on my bed with music blasting from my room. I'm just relaxing for a bit after everything this week. I turned my head and saw the note sitting there on top of my nightstand. I picked it up and studied the note one more time. I took a glance at the clock. 7:45. I stood up from bed and turned the volume of my radio down and then pulled the plug. I went downstairs and saw they turned the game system off. Hm, what about the Gaming Marathon?

Oh yeah, it's Ricky's turn to cook tonight -.- I'm not saying I hate Ricky or anything like that it's just his cooking is... bad? No, that's not the word. Hmmm..... Ah, his cooking is just not in my favor of. (Zelo: So you're basically saying you hate his cooking ¬.¬ Rachel: Can you not? You don't even speak in this chapter... Zelo: Well this fanfic HAS been excluding B.A.P and me so of course I have to say something at least :333 Ricky: Noona, so you really hate my cooking? TT^TT Rachel: No it's just...uh... Author-nim: Everybody! Just get back into you're places now! Everyone: *goes back into their places for shooting* Author-nim: Zelo, please get out of the shooting -.- Zelo: Please? I wanna stay *puppy eyes* Author-nim: *sigh* Fine... Zelo: Yayy! Director: Take 2. Ready... ACTION!!!) 

I feel like I never do my job to work around the house. That was they let me stay here. 

I went to the coat racket to get my jacket and bag. I was holding the note in my palm. I slipped on my shoes and saw them all in the kitchen table. I entered one arm into one sleeve. 

"Noona, you sure you want to go?" Changjo stood across from me. I faked a smile.

"Changjo, I'll be fine. Okay?" I zipped up my jacket and opened the front door. 

"Just let me go with you for a bit." I turned back to face Changjo. 

"Fine, just for a bit." We exited home and walked to the park. It's not that far from our house. We pass it while driving home once but we never really bothered going there. Children and their parents mostly come here and play on the swings and maybe feed the ducks too. I've always wanted to come here. They said it looked really pretty at night. Candles light up on the pond and fountain and looks so peaceful. 

We were outside the gates. "Changjo, can you wait out here?" Changjo sighed. "Look, don't worry. I'm gonna be find, arraseo?" He nodded. “Thanks..." 

I pushed the gate and went inside. They were right. It looked so beautiful here. I sat on the fountain and waited if anyone was going to appear.

The full moon gazed outside the night sky and reflected off of the running fountain. I took a deep breath in and out and saw my dragon breath. You know, when it's so cold outside it looks like you're breathing out smoke? Me and mom used to call it dragon breath when that happened when I was little. 'Rachel-ah, look! You have dragon breath!' Mom used to say and breathed out too with me. 'RaAWwWrrR~ I'm a dragon! I will burn and take down you're house!!!' I used to pretend and stomp all over the ground and run into mom's arms in tears because I scared myself. 'Mommy!~' She would wipe my tears and smiled. 'Rachel-ah, let me take down the dragon for you~' Then she would pretend to slay the dragon. Yup, those were the days... I know for a fact, mom is still out there. I just know it. I really can't give up so quickly. Like all my other relatives did.

But I always think this one question. Why did dad leave? Did he not love mom? Did something happened? I don't even know his name or anything except for what he looks like. Mom didn't want to talk about it and everytime I would bring that up she would change the subject.

I letted out my dragon breath one more time and giggled to myself. I pulled out my phone and looked at the time. 8:01, they should come by now. I heard the gate from the other side of the park, where I entered, creaked open. I turned attention to the gate. A dark shadow walked through the gate. I pulled up my hood and stared at the figure. It came near a light post and it was a middle-aged man. He stood across the fountain from me. I stood up and walked a bit closer. I saw his face. He looks familiar, then I remembered the scrapbook that mom would show me. A man that carried me while smiling next to my mother. My eyes widened and realized that the man was........ Dad... He turned his body and saw me standing there. I ran to him and into his arms. He was shocked at first but looked closer into my eyes. 

"Rachel?" He asked. I nodded and shedded a small tear down my cheek. 

"Dad..." I said and hugged him tighter. I found him. My father. I let go off him and stood there smiling.

"You look so grown up sweety." He said and rubbed the top off my head with his hand. "I remembered when you looked so small."

"How you been?" I asked.

"I missed you." He replied. "Where's mom?" I looked down.

"She disappeared, we don't know where she is anymore." He nodded.

"I understand, you've been all alone." I shook my head.

"Not really, friends of mine have really took great care of me." 

"Can I meet them?" He asked. "You don't have a boyfriend yet right?" I hitted his shoulder.

"Appa!" I shouted and laughed.

"He better have taken good care of my little daughter." I glared at him. 

"Come on dad, I want you to meet one of my friends." I said and dragged him out of the park to meet Changjo. 

"Changjo!~" I called out to him. He turned and his eyes widened. Then went back to normal. "This is my father." I smiled.

"It's a pleasure to meet you sir." He shook his hand and then looked as if he's getting hurt. "Rachel, he's crushing my hand~" His tone got higher as he finished the sentence. 

"Appa!" I yelled and he let go. Changjo sighed in relief and relaxed his hand.

"You're not the one dating my daughter are you?" We looked at him shocked. 

"NO SIR/DAD!!!" We both said at the same time.

"He has a girlfriend, my best friend." I explained. Dad examined him.

"He looks very familiar, have you ever been to Busan?" Changjo shook his head.

"I've never been there sir." He answered. 

"I know I've seen you before..." Everything began to be awkward. "Maybe somewhere near my work."

"Dad, why don't you come to our house?"

"You live together?"

"No! We share the house with other people..." We said again in unison. 

We walked back to the house. It was so quiet and awkward standing next to my dad. I think I've seen him around Seoul, he was putting up papers. I saw them but I forgot what it said. Something about a reward. "Dad, did you live in Seoul the whole time?" I broke the silence. He shook his head.

"Not exactly, my work is located in Seoul but I make trips back to Busan at least 2 times a year. Not for vacation but for work reasons. I live in an apartment far away but I make sure to visit your grandmother often to see if her health is fine."

"Is something wrong with grandma?" He sighed. 

"She has become very ill, the doctor thinks it maybe a disease. Her health has been very poor recently and had to go to the hospital a few times last month."

"I deeply hope inside that she will be improve and be stronger in the future." Changjo said to my dad.

"See Rachel, why can't you date a fine gentleman like him?" We looked at him.

"SIR/DAD!!!!!!" We both shouted.

"I'm sorry sir but I see your daughter more as an older sister more than a girlfriend." Changjo bowed. 

After that incident, we arrived it the house. Changjo pulled out the spare house key under the carpet and opened the door. Ricky and Niel were sitting on the couch again and continuing their Gaming Marathon. When we opened the door, Ricky and Niel looked up from the tv and their controller. They were shocked but changed their face quickly. Why are they shocked when they see him?

"Who's that noona?" Ricky asked. 

"Guys, this is my father." He waved. I called over the rest off Teen Top and everyone kept on getting surprised when they see him. L.joe rubbed his eyes and came downstairs, he had a few bandadging that C.A.P did. 

"Rachel-ah~ Where did you..." He saw my dad and pulled Changjo's shirt so he could be close to him and whispered something to him.

(L.joe's pov) 

"Changjo, what is that man doing here?" I whispered to Changjo. "How was he able to get here?" I sounded strict and stern as I tighten my grip on Changjo's shirt.

"He's Rachel's father." Changjo replied. My eyes widened. My grip losen a little but tighten again. I think I'm gonna ruin Changjo's shirt soon. (Zelo: Ya think? L.joe: What is he doing here? :/ Rachel: Just don't mind him -_-... Changjo: I think my shirt ripped author-nim... L.joe: I think I was a little TOO dramatic back there ^~^" Hahah...)

"Her father?!" I whispered again. He nodded. "Act natural... We can not let him see through us. If we do, I'll never see my Rachel ever again. And you'll never see that girlfriend of yours, Hwayoung. I'm pretty sure you and I would not want that to happen Choi Jonghyun." I letted go of Changjo's shirt quickly when Rachel and her father walked up to me.

"Dad, I would like to introduce you to Byunghun. My boyfriend..." Did I just hear what she called me? Her boyfriend? *o* Does she actually feel that way too? I know we're just faking it, but did she felt it for real? I really love her, something in me makes me want to protect her. I could've just let Sunggyu beat her up, but I didn't. She can be a brat sometimes, but I really do love her. She probably won't feel the same way I do. 

(Rachel's pov) 

I always refer L.joe as my boyfriend even to Sora even though she knows we're just faking it. I feel like I do love him. I mean, sure, he can get on my nerves and be the blonde idiot he is sometimes but he has that charm in him that makes him have a romantic side more than a bad boy/gangster type. Maybe this relationship is real. He probably won't feel the same way. He said so himself that he's using this relationship to get fangirls to back off.

"It's nice to meet you." He shook his hand. "Rachel, he's hurting me~ D:" He let go off my hand quickly.

"You treat my little girl like a princess right?" L.joe backed away a bit.

"Appa!" I shouted.

"Sorry... Who really owns the house here?" Dad asked. 

"I do Mr. Park." CAP said and raised his hand.

"May I talked to you for a bit?" CAP nodded and dad talked to him very quietly. CAP nodded as dad talked to him. Then they came back after awhile when Ricky and Niel continued their Gaming Marathon. I sat on the kitchen table listening to some music on my phone. CAP went up to me. I looked up at him.

"What is it?" I asked him. He looked down and sighed.  

"The real reason why we let you live here is because you didn't have anywhere to go when your house got knocked down. Not because you have to work for us, that's why you didn't do much around the house. Now that you found your father, you can go back home to Busan and help take care grandmother." I stared at CAP shocked at what he said.

I can go... home?