The Hired Help

 

The gentle touches of fingers threading throught Sungjong's hair woke him, A slow but attentive touch. Sungjong eyes fluttered open in a tired fashion before closing and the boy squirmed a bit, a small noise leaving him. At the sound of mummbles, the hand stilled and Sungjong took a deep breathe, still stricken with sleep's hold on him as he looked up with blurry eyes, blinking slowly. Myungsoo seemed to be gathering himself after letting his guard down but Sungjong really wasn't awake enough to notice it. "You can go now." Sungjong blinked slowly and sat up with his head slightly heavy,  rubbing his eyes as if to wipe the drowsiness away. "You're..." Sungjong blinked once more, still fighting his sleep. "You're feeling better?" he asked and Myungsoo seemed to quietly laugh, the sound shook some of the sleep from Sungjong, A unfamiliar sound to him. "Better than before." he spoke quietly since Sungjong had his guard down currently and he didn't really want to alert the boy and have him put it up. Sungjong nodded and slowly headed out of the room, bumping clumsily into a table on his way out before getting to his room and crawling into his bed to sleep the rest of the way.

When he woke up the next few hours, the sun was out then and he rolled over with a sigh. Did he really have to go to school? He was tired. It was tuesday too, It wasn't like it would be one work and then a break--the week was only beginning. Sungjong climbed out of bed and headed to shower. He could only remember so much from earlier but he remembered that Myungsoo at least let him sleep in his own bed, for that he was grateful.
Changing into his uniform, he sighed and checked his phone which was full of messages. Probably curious of his sudden disappearance yesterday.

Heading out of his room, he flattened the ends of his slightly damp hair with his hands and stopped in the action as he remembered something. The caring, gentle touches from earlier. That was definately out of character for Myungsoo. "How weird..." Sungjong muttered. "What's weird?" Sungjong let out a shout and jumped back in suprise. "Yah!" he grumbled, "Stop doing that!" Sungjong whined and Myungsoo seemed to smirk in a pleased fashion before looking at Sungjong "You do know that you arent going, right?" he questioned and Sungjong frowned, despite the fact that he didn't want to go to school--he had a feeling this might be more painful that a day at school. "Why not?"

"Because youre my personal butler and I'm still sick." Sungjong stifled a scoff at the possesive tone. "You look fine to me, I don't think you need any extra supervision-- and why do you keep saying my this, my that?" Sungjong grumbled and Myungsoo's smirk grew as he tilted his head a bit in an almost challenging way. "Because you're mine." Myungsoo cooed and Sungjong scoffed, "I'm nobody's anything and I definately dont belong to you. " Sungjong coldly spoke. Ah there he was again! Myungsoo, right on schedule. What he remembered from earlier must have been some weird dream.

Sungjong turned to go to get his backpack. Maybe he'd have stayed if Myungsoo wasn't being a Jerk as usual, but alas.. "Where're you going?" Myungsoo questioned and Sungjong picked up his bag and slid his phone into his pocket. "School." Sungjong said defiantly as he walked past Myungsoo and down the stairs. "You cant go." Sungjong sighed loudly and turned back from the step he was on. "And why not? Why do you think I even care about you being sick?" Myungsoo tilted his head as if he was thinking. "Hmm, Well I would think--or maybe hope you would care a little bit cause I could go and tell everyone how it is I got sick"

Sungjong's glare was deadly as he let out a angry huff of breath and stomped back up to his room and threw the bag down. "And what is it you want me to do for you Mr. Kim." Sungjong's voice was full of acid and sarcasm and Myungsoo sighed. "Well for one, Can you call me by my name sometimes? I've never heard you actually say it before." Sungjong was slightly suprised by this but kept his angry act up eitherway. "Kim Myungsoo." Sungjong smartly spoke and Myungsoo smirked, "No, you know what i mean." Myungsoo sighed, nodding to himself knowing that he wasn't going to get what he wanted when Sungjong was pissed off at him. "Fair. Just work on it."

Myungsoo turned and walked and Sungjong pouted, following behind him. "Where are you going?" he muttered a bit quieter. "Well I didnt eat, you didnt either did you?" Myungsoo spoke knowingly and Sungjong quietly said nothing, following behind him without a word of denial, proving his assumption.  "If I'm going to be with you this whole day then what are we gonna do? I don't wanna sit by your day all day and do nothing but stare at you." Myungsoo smirked at this, slowing his pace down a little bit to walk beside Sungjong, turning his head in his direction. "You don't wanna stare at me? Not even a little bit?" Sungjong looked at his face and pressed his lips into a fine line before looking away. "Not really, not much to see." Sungjong spoke nonchalantly and Myungsoo laughed it, once again getting a slight suprised reaction from Sungjong.

It was quiet for the rest of the walk and until they reached the inside food area. It was too cold and starting to snow for eating outside to Myungsoo's reasoning. Chiyo and Sayuri walked down hand in and hand, suprised to see the two 'enemies' quietly eating breakfast together. Chiyo left and ran to Sungjong's side, climbing onto his lap and turning to him to give him a big hug in which Sungjong replied to, rubbing her back a bit. "What is it?" He asked curously and she sniffled, pulling back a little and looking at him. "That scary guy isn't being mean to you right?" she asked before turning to glare at Myungsoo.

"I'll beat him up!" She muttered, at this Myungsoo smiled a half smile. It was slightly different from his others, not a smirk, but a real grin that was cute and the indent of a dimple was visible on his left cheek. "She's really cute." Myungsoo quietly spoke, "I'm sorry that Jaesun teased you. He doesn't know how to treat pretty girls." Sungjong was actually suprised at this but Chiyo didn't seem to be affected and only frowned, lips pouting out as she turned to Sungjong and hugged him tightly once more. "Daiiijoubuu dayoo Chii~" Sungjong quietly whispered to her another resolve that it was fine. Chiyo sniffled and nodded before climbing down and looking back to Myungsoo who was watching and pouting at him before running back to Sayuri who seemed to be grinning sweetly to herself at the sittuation.

After the two girls left, Sungjong and Myungsoo quietly ate in silence as before. Sungjong could feel Myungsoo's eyes on him and he seriously wondered why he always stared at him, it really wasn't comfterable at all. What was he even looking at? Looking for? "So if you're not interested in staring at my face all day, what is it you want to do?" Myungsoo asked in a slightly comical way. "I have a choice?" Sungjong asked in a slightly sarcastic voice. "Well I asked you, Didnt I?" Sungjong shrugged and shuffled uncomfortably in the chair.  Holding the cup with both hands, covering the bottom half of his face as he sipped, peeking up and Myungsoo for a quick second before looking someplace. "um.." Sungjong muttered as he placed it down, letting his finger trail the rim of it. He'd been a smartalec before but he hadn't really thought of anything to do. Myungsoo snorted at this. "Then We'll do when i want." Getting up, Sungjong watched him curiously as he picked up the empty plates and placed them in the sink before starting to walk."Well are you coming?" Myungsoo asked impatiently and Sungjong pouted, following behind him.

This whole cold and Mysterious personality was starting to get on his nerves honestly. "Go change and meet me in the front." Myungsoo spoke as he went up the stairs to his room. "You shouldnt leave the house if youre sick!" Sungjong called up but Myungsoo ignored him, closing the door behind him. Sungjong sighed and pursed his lips. "Tsk." He muttered before going upstairs to change from his uniform and into a jacket and a scarf before heading downstairs. Taking a moment to look back to the room and see if Myungsoo was going to come out and then he went outside, leaning against the side pillar.

it didn't take long and Myungsoo came out with a regular jacket on. Sungjong frowned at this. "Tsk, Its cold and its supposed snow isnt it?!" Sungjong nagged and Myungsoo smirked. "I thought you didnt care about me?" Myungsoo questioned smoothly and Sungjong sighed loudly. "Just--...Where are going?" Sungjong grumbled. "We have to go get something." Myungsoo spoke as he walked ahead, Sungjong scurried to walk beside him. "And thats what?" Sungjong asked, hating when people didnt tell him it fully, he was too much of the case 'curiousity killed the cat.'

"You act differently around Hoya hyung." Myungsoo suddenly spoke and Sungjong was suprised by it. "Maybe.." "You do." Myungsoo corrected and Sungjong sighed "What do you have against hyung? Aren't you friends?' Sungjong asked, looking to him and Myungsoo nodded "Friends with a tension. We've always been rivals for something unknowingly. It just turns out that way. He wins two I win two." "Well what are you rivaling over now? Can't you just let it go and be friends?" Sungjong questioned, hopefully and Myungsoo grinned to himself with a chuckle. "Hasn't been a definate rivalry yet, but I want it too bad to give this one up." Sungjong frowned and sighed. "Youre just saying that because you're too prideful to lose." Sungjong grumbled to himself, Looking to the building that Myungsoo was leading them too. "Yeah, But i'm selfish and I want this win." Myungsoo spoke honestly and Sungjong nodded with a sigh to himself. "What are you even going for?" Sungjong asked curiously now. "Secret." Myungsoo quickly replied and Sungjong sighed, of course he wouldn't tell him. "I guess thats admirable..." Myungsoo was suprised, was that a compliment? "Its admireable that you'll work hard to get what you want." Sungjong finshed, more suprised of himself that he was praising Kim Myungsoo of all people. 

When they entered the store, Sungjong followed behind him quietly and watched as he bought tea,cakes, and other various sweets. Sungjong eyed the products being scanned on the table. "We came for sweets?" Sungjong asked and Myungsoo nodded, paying for it. "They're someone's favorites so..." Sungjong wondered who it would be but didnt question as he grabbed a bag and Myungsoo grabbed the other bag. "is it a party?" Sungjong asked finally after walking in silence for some time, peeking into the bag quietly. Actually He wanted some but was afraid to ask. "Not really a party...but yes, you can have some." Myungsoo replied, Sungjong's eyes widened as he looked at him. It was kind of creepy how he could tell what he was thinking at times. Reaching inside and pulling out a candy, he happily chewwed on it. "Thank you..Myungsoo Hyung." Sungjong hesitantly spoke and Myungsoo looked extremely pleased as he smiled but only nodded in response.

"I need you to do something for me today." Myungsoo suddenly spoke after the comfortable silence, Sungjong didnt ask but only turned to look at Myungsoo who sneezed. "Aish, look! I told you that wasn't enough!" Sungjong grumbled and took his scarf off. "I dont want it, you wear it." Myungsoo spoke after staring at it for some moments. Sungjong sighed, "fine, have it your way." Sungjong stubbornly said, putting it around his neck tighter this time so that there was more extra scarf and reached over to forcefully wrap some of the scarf around Myungsoo's neck as well, sharing the same scarf. "Next time bring one." Sungjong nagged and Myungsoo said nothing--no complaints, not anything; which probably was a good sign? maybe?  

Myungsoo, looked to the boy for a second and then forward again. "Why do you always flinch whenever I reach out to you?" Myungsoo suddenly asked and Sungjong furrowed his eyebrows in curiousity of the sudden question. "Thats not what I--" "You think I'm gonna hit you?" Sungjong stayed quietly for a minute, the sound of their feet scraping and stepping into the pavement seemed louder. "Its just a reflex." Sungjong muttered quietly now and Myungsoo noticed the change in tone. "Does it have to do with your marks?" Myungsoo questioned patiently as he recieved little answers. "Minyoung--? Your parents--?" "No!" Sungjong suddenly yelled, angry that he would even suggest that. "Shes not like that at all! They would never do that to me." He angrily shouted before Myungsoo grew quiet--realizing he'd hit a nerve. ..I just realize I dont know anything about you so I--" "And why do you wanna know suddenly!?" Sungjong asked still angry at the fact that he thought that his family could hurt him like that.

He seemed to be picking his words carefully, "I'm not trying to offend you." Myungsoo spoke after a moment of silence and Sungjong quietly walked beside him for a minute or so which felt like many more. "My parents died years ago and I went to a foster home." Sungjong softly spoke and Myungsoo seemed suprised that Sungjong had actually chosen to open up to him, even if it was just a little bit. "Now you tell me something." Sungjong demanded as he stared hard at Myungsoo, who let out a quiet chuckle. "What is there to tell? I'm sure you've probably heard the rumors by now." Sungjong was curiously by this, "No, What rumors?" Myungsoo pushed his hands into his pockets and let the two walk slower. They were in a quiet area and if they walked too fast, they'd be back home.

"That my father is money hungry, Doesnt care about his family and only his business is what interests him.  That they both had affairs behind each others back and are too wrapped around the money to divorce each other. Kim families are strong but too prideful." Myungsoo started, before turning his head to get a look at Sungjong's face which seemed to be empty of emotion, as if he was still processing it. "Eldest son sure is handsome, but that's all he has to offer. He can't do anything except look handsome. He won't make it in this business so lets marry him off quickly." Myungsoo quoted before, looking back to Sungjong again. "My grandpa said that." Myungsoo laughed bitterly before shrugging.  Sungjong was really quiet and just listened. "I heard that you were looking to work in the garden but Sumin said no?" myungsoo asked while Sungjong slowly nodded. "That spot in the back thats dying has been like that since mom stopped coming back all the time. Those were her flowers there. " Myungsoo took a deep breath. "Lavender." Sungjong turned his head to look at Myungsoo who seemed to be off thinking of something but didnt evaluate on it.

"She's coming here today." Myungsoo finally spoke and Sungjong blinked to himself, in all his time here he gadn't yet to meet his mother. "Your mother?" Sungjong questioned. "No, My fiance." Myungsoo spoke calmly but he sounded like he was holding back a indesipherable emotion. Sungjong somehow felt uncomfterable suuddenly as he realized that the sweets they bought were for her. "Oh." he muttered quietly. "Heard I'm sick and shes coming down." "Well..is there anything wrong with her?" Sungjong slowly asked, Myungsoo seemed to think on the question. "I don't really know her." Sungjong suddenly felt bad for him, he'd always thought that Myungsoo got what he wanted and that still may be true--but he had alot of things forced on him. "Maybe you can learn to love her?" Sungjong suggested in a optimistic fashion and Myungsoo sighed at his innocence. "Maybe..." He spoke with a tone that almost seemed more like he was simply saying 'no' but Sungjong said nothing as he pressed the buttons into the gate and the two walked inside.

"Myung Oppa, there you are." A girl who was wandering around saw as Sungjong was yanking off his scarf and shoes. Myungsoo went to her reluctantly, even though he had a smile on his face. Taking his jacket off, Sungjong went to the kitchen and pulled the things out from the bag and placed them out nicely before ordering them together in a pretty fashion. Staring at the candies, he his lips. She wouldnt notice if he had some more would she? Sungjong leaned back and tried to peek and see if he saw anyone coming and then unwrapped for candies and stuffed them  into his mouth with a happy smile before throwing the wrappers away quickly when he heard the voices nearing. Sungjong tried to sneak his way around but myungsoo grabbed him by the back of his collar swiftly. "Oh, I want you to meet someone. Lee Sungjong, Kim Dasom." Sungjong felt red-handed and he grinned widenly with a bow to show his welcome without having to speak and he quickly scurried up the stairs and into his room. "Nice to meet you Sungjong" She spoke after him with a bit of laughter at his actions.

Opening doors to his bedroom, he crawled into the bed and got comfortable. Why did he have to meet people? he just wanted to lay down and sleep. A whole day of laying around and doing nothing sounded good.  Reaching for his phone, he looked to see one message from Hoya and he felt his stomache churn a bit. He wasn't so sure what that meant though, was he nervous? Hoya was asking him if Myungsoo got him sick. Sungjong couldnt help but laugh at it, is that what everyone thought? Soojung texted speaking of a new exchange student who apparently had a killer smile while Jiyeon texted and asked if he was okay and that she was worried as well. Thinking about it then he felt guilty to Jiyeon. Hoya had confessed to him but Jiyeon liked Hoya for so long...Sungjong hadn't even began to think of how he'd reply to him. Maybe he'd just see how he felt, he'd never really had a relationship or anything like that before, so the sittuation was sort of scary to him. It seemed as if Hoya didn't expect much from him though, the day they saw each other next Hoya talked to him as if nothing changed and somehow that was relieving.

He'd always had crushes but he never actually acted on them. If he did like Hoya, how would things change? He didnt really want them to. When he was upset, he wanted to ask Hoya for help and all the time when things happened he though about Hoya. That meant that he liked him didn't it? Sungjong sighed deeply, "Why is this happening to me?" He grumbled under his breath. The sound of the door nextdoor closing caught his attention and he let the thoughts slip his mind. Had they went into the room next door? Sungjong found himself wondering what the two were doing in there and the thoughts kept eating away at his curious mind. Sliding out of the bed, he quietly crawled over to the wall and pressed his ear to it. disappointingly The rooms in here were sound proof and all he could heard was a faint mummbling and a faint giggle. "Tsk." Sungjong muttered to himself clicking his tongue, all that boohoo talk but he was really wooing her right now wasn't he? "Hmph." Sungjong grumbled as he stood up and brushed his clothes off with his hands before opening his balcony--a rush of cold air hitting his face as he sat in the chair outside.

SMS;; To --- Hoya
Not Sick. Just a slave to the sick =___=

SMS;; To -- Jiyeon
I'm fine! i'll see you tomorrow ^ 0 ^ /

SMS;; To -- Soojung
Really? I'll meet this 'attractive student' and set you up on blind date then kekeke


Sungjong wasn't so sure if that was a truth, but he hoped so. Myungsoo made things difficult, but he was sure that tomorrow he'd be just fine, he could have gone to school today but Myungsoo was simply being lazy, plain and simple.  After having all the candy, he felt kind of sick and headed downstairs to cook something, despite how the maids insisted they let them help, he told them he was alright and that he could cook for himself. After eating, he went back upstairs and wondered where he could find Minyoung at this time. This place was so large that he wasn't sure if finding her would be much of an option. He'd never been in the rooms for music or art or any of the special rooms though and he wondered if he could maybe slip in there, or the library, what type of books did they hold here? "What are you doing?" Myungsoo's voice shook him from his thoughts and he sighed, this time he didnt jump but he pouted at him. Somehow he felt a little angry at him, he wasn't so sure why, but there was probably a good reason. Sometimes when you were someone like Kim Myungsoo--just being you, was the reason to be angry.

"What do you want?" Sungjong grumbled and Myungsoo snorted, smirking to himself in curiousity as to why it was that Sungjong was in a bad mood suddenly. "I need you." Myungsoo said before opening the door and pushing him in. Sungjong stumbled in and looked around curiously.  Dasom was patiently seated on the couch and Sungjong wondered what it was that was going on as Myungsoo closed the door behind them. "What is it you have to tell me? I really have to get going soon." Dasom spoke curiously in a calm voice and Myungsoo sighed in a troubled sigh, before walking up beside Sungjong and reaching down to lace hid fingers into Sungjong's and Sungjong was about to yank his hand away, but Myungsoo knew he would already so he held on tightly. "We're dating."

Sungjong's eyes widened large and his mouth was wide open and Dasom mirrored the expression. "Oh." She spoke with realization and she nodded. "I understand, We'll talk on it later." Dasom spoke with a soft grin before leaving out; She almost looked hurt from it and when she left the room. Sungjong finally snapped out of it and yanked his hand away, not hesitating to punch and shove myungsoo. "What was that!?" Sungjong yelled now, obviously angry with being put as an excuse for him to bail out on a girl problem. "I told you I needed you to do something didn't I?" Myungsoo asked nonchalantly as he went to lay down on the couch. "Tsk. If you dont like her just say it! Don't use me!" He whined pitifully and Myungsoo shrugged. "Get used to it, this won't be the only time." Sungjong sighed loudly "What about what I said? trying To love her?" "Tried. Wasn't interested." He replied quickly with nonchalance. "Tsk, I was right about you." Sungjong muttered to himself and this seemed to quirk Myungsoo's interest and he turned his head to give Sungjong his full attention, sitting up. "Right about what?" Sungjong crossed his arms and glared at him. "That you're a playboy who thinks they can break many hearts and play with everyone because they are good looking." He spoke strongly without a falter or waiver in his voice.

Suprisingly enough Myungsoo smirked and got up, heading to him. "Really Is that so, I recall you saying something along lines of there being 'not much to look at.' Was that a lie?" Sungjong glared but he could feel his face growing warmer as he turned around. "Ugh." he grumbled to himself and Myungsoo chuckled in a smooth way, leaning in closer to Sungjong's ear. "Aren't you happy that I'm not attached?" "W-Why would I be happy about that!?" he grumbled and Myungsoo teasingly blew air on his ear and in reflex Sungjong flung his hand back and smacked Myungsoo in the face. "Agh!" he groaned, clasping his nose and Sungjong turned back to see he's given him a bloody nose from smacking him.

Sungjong couldn't help but break out into a fit of laughter before running to the bathroom and getting tissues to press to his nose. Sungjong quietly giggled to himself as he pressed the tissue to his nose and had Myungsoo tilt his head back, "Not so pretty now, are we?" Sungjong couldn't help but coo between his laughter, all traces of anger were gone now. "Shutup." Myungsoo muttered in a muffled voice which only caused Sungjong to laugh harder.