The Hired Help

After school, Sungjong went home with Myungsoo, he wasn't quite so sure why suddenly Myungsoo  demanded, he take him home but he didn't fight it. Truly he was tired of quarreling about everyting with Myungsoo, so just this once he didn't argue. He was going to spend time with Hoya today and he didn't want Myungsoo's attitude to intterrupt his night. Somehow the silence felt different though and Sungjong had a bad feeling.

Heading up to his room, he showered and changed his clothes to something that looked good. He felt nervous, should he do something special? how did things like this work? Sungjong sighed loudly but he eventually made his choices after countless times of changing his mind. It was finally time to go  and when he went out, he ran into Myungsoo and Sighed "Sorry." he muttered as he tried to walk around him. "Where're you going?" Myungsoo asked and Sungjong shrugged "Going out. Do you need something?" Sungjong asked, trying to keep his sarcasm and attitude to a minimum. He'd rather have this day, not be clouded by him being pissed off at Myungsoo. "You're going on a date with Hoya?" Myungsoo asked and that took Sungjong off guard. Did Myungsoo get that out of him today at lunch??? It didnt matter "Yeah--i'll be back in a few hours though so if you need something i'll do it when I comeback."

 "No." Myungsoo sternly spoke and Sungjong sighed, "What do you mean No?" Sungjong questioned, patience wearing thin now. "You're not going." Myungsoo spoke nonchalantly and Sungjong scoffed. "And why not?" Sungjong asked and Myungsoo pursed his lips. "Because I said no." Sungjong sighed now, growing tired " Look. This won't ruin your stupid copout with Dasom, okay?" Sungjong spoke, figuring this is where its coming from but--"I don't care about that. You're not going." Myungsoo spoke again. Really who did he think he was? "Why?! Why not?" Sungjong asked angrily now with a raised voice, his patience was gone now, but quickly Myungsoo advanced on him , causing Sungjong to stumble back a few steps. The two gazed at each other with strong looks, Although Sungjong's was a defiant glare. Myungsoo was the one to falter first as he looked down and sighed heavily. "Why?" Sungjong asked again, just as firmly, "Just-- go..forget it." Myungsoo spoke deafeatedly turning to go but was suprised as Sungjong grabbed his arm. "No! You're going to tell me. What is it!? I dont understand what your problem is?! Whatever rivalry you have with Hoya--Get over it!" Sungjong angrily shouted. "I dont have anything to do with it! You're just torturing me by--" "You have everything to do with it." Sungjong was taken aback by this and his mouth closed, eyebrows furrowing together in confusion. "What..?" He asked, obviously not getting it. "Its you. We both want you."  

Sungjong opened his mouth and closed it once more before laughing, "Youre joking." Sungjong quickly said with a sigh, "Don't play around Myungsoo, Tell me the real reason." Myungsoo stared at him with eyes that told him he was telling the truth but-- "I'm really not in the mood for your games Myung--" Once more lips pressed against his, silencing him. Sungjong didn't even have time to react as his legs suddenly felt weak below him and he stumbled back into the wall behind him. Eyes fluttering open as he realized the sittation they were in once more, Pushing Myungsoo away and slipping past him. Down the stairs and out the door quickly. Breathing heavily as he tried to piece together what'd happened. Mentally kicking himself for giving into Myungsoo once more. He hadn't responded, but he hadn't pushed him away either. Why did Myungsoo have to make things difficult for him? He was just playing games with him, wasn't he? Why did he keep growing vulnerable with him. Sungjong sighed loudly. There had been maids and they witnessed it. How embarrassing . .

Heading over to the car to meet with Hoya. Sungjong got in with a unknowingly troubled look. "Whats wrong?" Hoya questioned as Sungjong pursed his lips. "Why did you tell Myungsoo we were going on a date today? he tried to force me not to go." Sungjong asked, with a tone, but it wasn't accusing. Hoya sighed. "Earlier today, he came up and was asking me all these weird questions and we got heated so it slipped out." Hoya spoke honestly. "He spoke about the um.." Sungjong already knew what he was going to say as he sighed, that stupid kiss.  Hoya took that as the fact that he knew what he was suggesting. "So I quickly spat out that it didn't matter--that you and I were going to go out today. I didnt mean to start trouble, I--" "its fine, Lets just go, I dont wanna think about him." Sungjong spoke finally and Hoya nodded.

Despite Sungjong speaking about his lack of iceskating knowledge, the two went to the rink and Hoya taught him. The night was fun actually and they enjoyed their time, but in the back of Sungjong's head he kept thinking of Myungsoo the whole time and it infuriated him a bit. Today, he was trying to see how he felt for Hoya but Myungsoo was clouding his thoughts now. He'd confessed too hadn't he? Why now of all times? Sungjong knew definately that the person he did not want to be with was Myungsoo though. How he felt about Hoya? he got nervous and felt happy, and also shy. He liked him. definately that was what it was. How he felt about Myungsoo...? Why did he wonder that? It didn't matter. How he felt was that Myungsoo was a posessive, controlling jerk. he didn't need to think. Why did that question come up? he was--

"Sungjong?" Blinking a few times, he turned his head to Hoya who was looking at him curiously. "You spaced out--you're cool?" Hoya asked with a chuckle as Sungjong nodded quickly. "O-oh yeah, I was just thinking." Sungjong hummed as the two walked, reaching the Kim mansion. "If youre um..thinking about your reply to me take your time. I don't need to--" "I had fun. Lets do it again." Sungjong said with a grin and gave him a bashful hug in which Hoya seemed shocked but happily replied to.  Hoya's embrace was warm and he felt confortable there and safe. He didn't move from that spot, didn't want to. It wasn't only because it was wintertime but because Hoya was warm in general. "Thank you for being patient with me hyung." He finally murmured, tilting his head up to peck Hoya's cheek shyly. "I'll see you tomorrow" he quickly said with a sheepish grin before heading inside quickly.  He felt like he liked Hoya but he was still confused and couldnt give a straight answer yet. Really, he was thankful for Hoya's patience.

When he arrived back at the home, it was deadly quiet and all the maids and butlers were gone. He thought it was odd but didnt question it as he went upstairs quietly and to his room. Silently cursing the creaking of the door but none came out. Maybe Myungsoo was mad? Why did that matter or not though. He had no reason to be mad and he shouldn't care wether or not Myungsoo was upset or not.

He had trouble sleeping that night but fell asleep eventually and when he got up for school in the morning, Things were quiet and not that he didn't like that, it was simply odd. The silence was filled with words as they ate breakfast all together this morning. It was sort of odd. "Youre in a good mood!" Sayuri happily spoke to Sumin who's lips curled into a smile. Sungjong somehow felt odd with all of them eating together. It wasn't a normal occurance but it wasnt that bad. Myungsoo was silent as usual, but it seemed quieter than normal. "Because Appa is coming home today!" Sumin said in a cheery voice which caused a look of confusion on Myungsoo's face. "What does he want?" Myungsoo suddenly asked coldly and Sumin glared at him. "Oppa!" She scolded and Myungsoo pursed his lips. "He only comes back when he has something big to say.Either something good is going to happen, Or something unfortunate." Myungsoo stifly spoke. Sungjong couldn't help but stare at Myungsoo, he spoke so coldly of him, was that words true? Myungsoo seemed to be in a mood today though, so that probably took effect to his words...Sungjong figured that was probably a bit of his fault--Avoiding his eyes as Myungsoo caught him staring. Myungsoo kepthis gaze on him for a moment before sighing softly and going back to what he was doing. When they went to school the day went by quickly. Myungsoo was quiet, but always he was quiet so he didn't think too hard on it. He hadn't done a thing.

Sungjong went to work again with Hoya and Dongwoo tilted his head in a curiosity, "You two seem to be really close. Am I missing something?" Dongwoo questioned---Sungjong being the smarter of the two, split at the first mention of them being close, leaving Hoya to explain who sputtered a series of 'Um's and 'Uh's in response to the question. A message from Sayuri startled him as he moved aside.

SMS;; from --- Sayu
Oppa, I would return home quickly...Mr. Kim is gonna be here soon.
you're supposed to be by Myungsoo's side.


Sayuri warned and he sighed, how could he forget that? "Hyung, can you drop me off?" Sungjong Questioned Dongwoo since Hoya still had his shift. Picking up his eyes that jingled, he nodded eagerly "Something wrong?" Dongwoo questioned, calling someone to watch the front desk before the two headed out. "No, Mr. Kim is coming home today and i forgot. --also forgot that I am Myungsoo's 'personal butler' too " Sungjong muttered, the last part with sarcasm and Dongwoo laughed, "at least he doesn't make you wear an official outfit." He joked as he pulled in and Sungjong eyed him cautiously. "Don't give him Ideas--i'll have a clown suit.." he replied in horror as he unbuckled his seatbelt. "Thankyou hyung." He spoke with gratitude as he hurried inside, taking his winterware off. It seemed quiet so he hadn't arrived yet--most likely enough at least. Jogging up the stairs, "Myungs--' He started to speak, only to be greeted with a  half Myungsoo, that he'd ran into.

Hair damp and dripping, only a towel over his lower half and Sungjong took a second to register as he slowly looked him from up to down. His face turned bright red and he yelped and stumbled back, turnt away from him, "What are you doing!?" Sungjong yelled and Myungsoo laughed, finding it funny. "Well, I was taking a shower, going to get dressed." Myungsoo calmly replied with a snort, stepping torward Sungjong to press his body against his in a teasing way. "I dont know why you're yelling at me. Youre the one who barged in without knocking" Myungsoo muttered into his ear with a smirk and Sungjong stuttered incoherantly only to have the door open and Mr. Kim walk in. "Oh. I'll--" he muttered, hestitating and backing out of the room quickly to close the door and Sungjong felt like screaming.

No! its the wrong Idea.  Sungjong let out a desperate sigh. "I hate you so much..." Sungjong whimpered quietly under his breathe as he shut his eyes tightly, bringing his hands too his face in embarressment. "Is that so?" Myungsoo questioned, teasingly sliding his arms around Sungjong's waist--freaking him out only to have him squeak and slap his hands away,charging out of the room and Leaving Myungsoo to laugh over how flustered he was.

Heading down to sit, he couldn't look Mr. Kim in the eye as he sat at the table with him. "Sir, That was A--...A misunderstanding..." Sungjong tried to explain painfully but his father just raised a hand to stop him from his excuses. "I know about you two already." He explained and Sungjong's eyebrows furrowed as Myungsoo walked in, (Fully dressed this time.) Mr. Kim had purposely been waiting for the two of them to come to him and sit. "What do you mean?" Myungsoo asked, clealrly as confused as Sungjong. "You two are.. together..correct? Dasom told me about it snd Some maids comfirmed it." Mr. Kim explained before Sungjong's mouth dropped open, eyes widened large. "I-i-- N-no!  W-we...Its--" Sungjong tried speaking, "I Think its great." Mr. Kim interrupted with a large grin. "...You do..?" Myungsoo slowly asked, raising an eyebrow as he took the seat next to Sungjong. "Yes. Your mother also agreed that it would be good and think you two should get married quickly." Sungjong felt lightheaded, "You--...what?" Sungjong softly spoke, how is this happening? Why did he listen to anything that Myungsoo said before? "Okay." Myungsoo simply replied and Sungjong turned his head sharply.  "Then, you guys will get married soon." Mr. Kim explained, getting up and leaving the two to speak to each other.  "What do you mean 'Okay'!??!" Sungjong shouted now, not even holding talking back to Myungsoo.and Sungjong couldn't believe this. He was only 19 years old and they were talking about M A R R I A G E.

"Myungsoo, please.. I--" Myungsoo shrugged. "I think its a good idea." Myungsoo spoke with raised eyebrows and a slight grin. Sungjong let out a huff of breathe as if it'd been punched out of him. "Myungsoo--Marriage is serious--you can't just marry someone you--" "Don't like?" Myungsoo questioned, tilting his head slightly as he stood up with a happy sigh. "We already know, that part is covered on my end. Is it for you?" Sungjong couldn't believe what he was hearing. "Okay--Maybe you like me--" Sungjong tried to negotiate now. "What if-- We can--" Myungsoo shook his head. "When my dad says something its normally already done and put underway. So even if it was that we hated each other, we couldnt do anything." Myungsoo explained and Sungjong face fell. "I'll try to convince him to make a deal of somesort but no promises." Sungjong felt at least a little relieved of this possibility. "I would have been forced to marry someone quickly eventually,  But this sittuation--ending with you? Well that's just a bonus. Guess I got lucky." Myungsoo added in with a smirk before leaving the boy who still was trying to peice this sittuation together.

 

 


A/N; This chapter is shorter because It was supposed to be on the last one but I felt like it was too much happening all at once in one chapter so i spread it out keke ^^/