XIV

The Hired Help

 

 

"young master, you don't have to--" "I want to~" Sungjong reassured the cautious maids who were watching him bring in a large handful of bags, placing them on the counter before taking a deep breathe, chuckling as he turned back. "You can't do everything for someone, You'll end up like him" He quickly spoke, pointing at Myungsoo who was lazily sitting at the table and eating something from the bag instead of helping. "What?" He muttered and Sungjong rolled his eyes, heading back out to get the last few bags of groceries. Myungsoo took that as a invitation and quickly finished up what he was eating and jogged out to help, taking a few bags from Sungjong. "Whats the point in helping now?" Sungjong snorted as he moved his arm away and walked around him. Myungsoo sighed and  ran a hand through his hair before letting it go and going to park the car instead.  

heading back in, he helped with putting them away; It was Minyoung's birthday so Sungjong asked if he could buy a few things and make something to eat like their mom used to, of course Myungsoo agreed.. "Well thank you sir pampered prince." Sungjong cooed sarcastically with a smirk and Myungsoo pouted in responce. "I was hungry--I couldn't wait." Myungsoo pitifully added in and Sungjong snorted. "you guys are really like a married couple." Sumin spoke and Sungjong looked disgusted, Myungsoo on the other hand looked glad. "Please don't say that." Sungjong quickly interjected and Sayuri giggled softly causing Sungjong to sigh tiredly and begin cooking without much else to say. Sumin and Sayuri quietly were placed together in the back of the table, quietly watching--whispering a few things and giggling about who knows what.

"Can I help?" Myungsoo suddenly asked and Sungjong stopped what he was doing and stared at him with a look that screamed, 'Really? Are you seriously asking that?'. Myungsoo frowned and jut out his bottom lip in a cute pout and Sungjong sighed, motioning for Myungsoo to come to his side and Myungsoo smiled a dimpled smile before getting up and heading over. Hoya had gone with his family out of the country until a bit after new years and that made Myungsoo ecstatic--Sungjong on the other hand was a bit sad about it; but for Myungsoo it was a blessing and he was trying to spend as much time with him as he could during the period of absence.

"You remember what i taught you, fingers in.." Sungjong muttered, curling his fingers in and basically making a fist to show how to cut properly and Myungsoo nodded, watching carefully before Sungjong hesitantly handed him the knife and stepped a few inches away, Still not trusting Myungsoo with a knife yet.  Myungsoo carefully cut the vegetables and Sungjong worked on shaping the gyoza, peeking over at Myungsoo to check on him every other moment, causing him to slip up as the grease from the pan popped up, landing on his face. Sungjong inhailed sharply and held at the spot, Myungsoo quickly put his things down and tended to him--moving his hands out of the way and gently rubbing his thumb over the spot where he'd been hit. "Did I get burnt" Sungjong asked a little too calmly, looking up at myungsoo who seemed upset. "No but Just--pay attention to what you're doing. I'm fine." Myungsoo grumbled-- catching eyes with Sungjong who pouted up at him and leaned back out of his grasp stubbornly. "I just dont want you to lose a finger, Jerk." Sungjong spoke in an annoyed tone now, only paying attention to the Gyoza and Tempura he was making.

Myungsoo sighed, He didn't mean to yell and make him angry, it just came out harsher than he wanted it too. Looking over to Sumin who was grinning and watching with Sayuri before giving them a odd look "What are you two doing? Why don't you help?" Myungsoo asked with a tone and Sumin clicked her tongue. "Why can't you two only cook?" She grumbled in annoyance as she stood up and Sayuri being the more obidient of the two, followed without a word and helped things along. "Chiyo is keeping Noona busy, right?" Sungjong asked as Sayuri came to his side to help--preparing Agadashidofu and curry rice. "uhn, She won't be fooled for too long though, she might catch on so we should hurry." Sayuri explained and Sungjong nodded. "I think we're almost done...Uhm, Sumin-ah, Can you do cakes and stuff?" Sumin grinned and nodded proudly. "Can you bring it out and put fruit and the chocolate plate on it?"

Going on like this, they finished up rather quickly and the room was filled with a nice aroma.  Sungjong was suprised that Myungsoo actually didn't cook too bad, it was just that he was clumsy. "Myungsoo hyung, You should be the one to go get them." Myungsoo furrowed his eyebrows, "Why me?" He was probably the last person that should do that. "Because you're bossy!" Sungjong exclaimed, pushing Myungsoo's back towards the stairs. "I''m bossy?" Myungsoo asked with disbelief, smirking a bit to himself. "Yes, You're bossy!."

"Oppa, look up!"  The two girls giggled together and both Myungsoo and sungjong looked up to see a mistletoe above them. Sungjong's eye's widened before he opened his mouth and closed it, quickly extending his arm out to point at the hanging ornament. "Who put that there!? Those don't count! Its after christmas!" Sungjong sputtered quickly in his defense, his face quickly beginning to burn red. "I think its still valid Sungjong Oppa." Sayuri softly interjected and Sungjong gave her a look. "Whos side are you on!?" He whined loudly and she giggled, smiling gently. "i'm just saying~"

Sungjong looked back to Myungsoo and was glued right to his spot as Myungsoo's eyes were on him "H-hyung--wait--" He quickly stuttered as Myungsoo leaned in. Sungjong flinched and Myungsoo stopped a few centimeters away, to gaze momentarily at Sungjong's paniced expression--Eyes shut tight. Myungsoo chuckled quietly before moving back up and simply pecking a kiss on his nose simply instead; turning to go upstairs. "Oppa no!" Sumin whined, obviously disappointed it wasn't on the lips as she chased after him. Sungjong blinked to himself, still processing what had happened and  Sayuri smiled a big smile as she stared at her brother who was still stuck in his spot, staring off. "Ah, you two are so cute.." she quietly muttered and Sungjong blinked, coming back to his senses and wipping his head in her direction. "What?! W-we aren't anything! Stop that!" he quickly defended in annoyed fashion before going back into the kitchen, grumbling to himself as Sayuri giggled and helped him place things at the table.

Sungjong and Hoya technically weren't dating, it was just a--'i like you and you like me' type thing... but still it was sort of odd that he and Hoya hadn't kissed once while on the other hand With Myungsoo--That was a different story. He could recall at least four--....now Five! times that they'd kissed. Sungjong groaned quietly to himself at this thought. The fact that Myungsoo hadn't kissed him, but only his nose, made him feel even more shy though. "Oppa~" Sayuri Whispered with a giggle, "You're blushing~" She cooed and Sungjong glared a threatening glare at her only receive a cheeky smile from her. "When did you start thinking that Me and 'him' were a good idea?" Sungjong asked, voice full of sarcasm as sayuri smiled gently and continued arranging the plates and writing on the cake to say 'Otanjoubi Omodetou Midori Nee-san~!'

"I could tell he liked you a long time ago." Sayuri softly spoke in a all-knowing voice. He sort of hated it when she was like this, mostly because she was always right; she almost always could tell what everyone else was feeling or thinking and it was great at times, but at times like these--.."He doesn't know how to properly go after someone, maybe thats because everyone always approaches him." Sayuri started to explain, reaching for the candles in which Sungjong handed to her. "So instead of bringing you closer to him--he accidently pushed you away." She continued to speak, placing the candles gingerly into the frosting of the cake. "But i think," She started as she picked up the lighter and pressed on the button to make the small flame illuminate the area. "He somehow did the opposite as well." She hummed and Sungjong only furrowed his eyebrows. "Tsk, Sayu, why do you always talk in riddles?" He whined, tilting his head to the side in a look of confusion and slight annoyance at having to reword her wording in regular speak.

Sayuri only laughed, "Oppa, I'm saying--You like him too, don't you?" Sungjong furrowed his eyebrows at this and shook his head furiously. "I think you just don't realize it yet..because.." Sayuri hummed in thought for a moment. "Maybe you dont want to admit it yet?" The voices of the other's coming down cut Sungjong short of his denial. "Just think about it~" She hummed with a grin before going to greet the others and pull the Suprise on Minyoung--who was extremely suprised. "Is that why Chiyo kept knocking glasses over and making a mess everywhere!?" Minyoung asked before slapping her forehead with a laugh as Chiyo Smiled brightly. "I'm good at making messes Nee-chan!" She exclaimed smiling a large smile, full of teeth and a few gaps of where she'd lost and gotten visits from the tooth fairy. Minyoung snorted and picked her up, Chiyo wrapped her arms around her older sisters neck and whispered in her ear. "JaeSun helped too though." She admitted and Minyoung laughed turning back to the quiet boy standing behind Myungsoo almost in a shy fashion. Minyoung smiled, giving him a wink.

Minyoung blew out the candles and everyone ate and had cake, celebrated together and despite the absense of parents between both groups of families--The two of them together seemed like one large one.

---

"Sungjong. Sit down." Myungsoo spoke in annoyance at the boys constant pacing, fiddling with things. "Cant, Cleaning." He muttered quietly and Myungsoo  sighed, "Are you a germaphobe or something?" Sungjong stopped his movements and gave Myungsoo a look, "No, You're just messy!" Sungjong grumbled before continuing on his cleaning rampage. "...I do this when I'm thinking...I guess.." he muttered quietly as he continued to clean up. Myungsoo sighed. "What is it you've been thinking about for almost two hours then?" He asked with impatience--Sungjong's pacing and antsy behavior had him on edge and he couldn't relax. "Nothing." He quickly replied and Myungsoo pursed his lips together. "Either you talk about it--or you stop pacing." Myungsoo ordered, "Or at least pace somewhere else! Jeez." He grumbled and Sungjong frowned, pouting at him again before dramatically snatching some clothes and heading into the bathroom and loudly closing the door behind him. Myungsoo sighed, The two of them did fight like a married couple, Sayuri and Sumin were right.

When Sungjong left the shower he seemed to be cleared up and dressed in pyjamas that were at least two sizes bigger than him. Myungsoo grinned to himself at this, taking a few glances when he could. "You know those are mine, right?" Myungsoo asked and Sungjong blinked looking down and pulling on the bottom of the clothes before opening his mouth in disgust and embarresment that in his earlier annoyance--he'd accidently grabbed Myungsoo's clothes. "You are wearing your own underwear aren't you?" Myungsoo teased and Sungjong's face got flustered and he quickly went over  smacking him a bit causing Myungsoo to sheild himself and laugh.

Sungjong stomped back into the bathroom, and Myungsoo laughed even more knowing that Sungjong had actually went in there to check just incase. By his response when he came back out, he'd been wearing his own. "You're mad." Myungsoo spoke, looking over to Sungjong who had a straight expression, with traces of annoyance. "No I'm not." He curtly replies and Myungsoo grinned. "Yes you are." Sungjong sighed and carelessly pulled his shirt off to switch to the other one.

Feeling Myungsoo's eyes on his backside, he quickly turned back with narrowed eyed. "Stop staring, ert!" he grumbled and Myungsoo laughed, looking elsewhere as changed. "There's not much to see~" Myungsoo cooed, mimicing the words that Sungjong had once said to him and Sungjong scoffed. "Yeah?" He questioned challengingly before going over to Myungsoo's side of the bed and lifting his shirt up a bit, just to show the milky white complextion and smooth skin of his belly-- pyjama bottoms that hugged around his slim waist. Myungsoo couldn't help but look, It was more tempting up close and looked smooth, soft. he actually had to mentally remind himself not to reach out and touch him. "See! You're a ert. I see that look!" He quickly snorted, clicking his tounge at him and shaking his head before turning to leave Myungsoo in the room alone.

Myungsoo chuckled after he'd left and sighed deeply, running a hand through his hair. "Man, Who wouldn't be a ert with that sight in front of them though?" he muttered to himself almost comically as he returned his attention to the television once more, trying not to think about the previous sight too much longer.

When sungjong returned his mood was up again.
"Hyung," Sungjong flopped on the bed, bouncing a bit in his seat and Myungsoo looked over to him in curiousity, chuckling at bit at the action. "Yeah?" He questioned calmly, "Thank you for helping me with Noona's birthday today." Myungsoo only nodded like it wasn't a big deal--returning his attention to the television; This made Sungjong smile happily. "Oh." Myungsoo spoke after a moment of silence, "Do you wanna go someplace tomorrow?" He questioned and Sungjong nodded, "Sure, Hoya's gone so I have no where to go. It gets boring strolling through here." Sungjong muttered quietly. Myungsoo bit back a sigh at the usage of Hoya's name, "Alright." he quietly replied, obviously jealous but Sungjong didn't take notice.

Sungjong quietly pulled out a book from the side of the stand before beginning to read and he did so quietly for a little while until he put it down. Myungsoo hadn't noticed that the boy beside him had been spacing out every once in a while since he was watching television and only took occasional glances to him. Sungjong furrowed his eyebrows and closed the book, turning to him. "Hyung?" "Hmmm?" Myungsoo hummed in question, keeping his attention on the television. "Before--..." He seemed to hesitate for a second but continued quickly after, "When we were under that..uhm..that thing." he explained,  motioning up to show that he meant the mistletoe. "Why didn't you kiss me?" Sungjong questioned and Myungsoo turned his head, a bit shocked that Sungjong would ask him that--but he knew that Sungjong was the type of person to speak what was on his thoughts if he could.

"Did it bother you that I didn't?" Myungsoo questioned with a bit of a smirk and Sungjong rolled his eyes. "No." He stubbornly replied, sighing to himself. "I'm just curious as to why you didnt. All the times before you kissed me anyway, but that time...?" Myungsoo grinned. "Well, it was clear that you didn't want me to." Myungsoo spoke with a shrug, "I dont like crowds anyway." he added in with a grin before turning back to look at the Television and Sungjong seemed pleased with this response. Sungjong sat, Staying quiet for just a moment before crawling over and quickly pressing a kiss to Myungsoo's cheek andturning over to sleep quickly before he could see his reaction. "Goodnight hyung."

Myungsoo was in shock and he didn't even try to hide the smile on his face. "What about the pillows?" Myungsoo questioned, and Sungjong stayed quiet for a moment. "We dont need them. I trust you." Sungjong muttered before wondering how that sounded, "...I guess.." he mumbled softly, attempting not to seem too soft. Myungsoo only grinned to himself, This definately was the best christmas month ever.