The Hired Help

Waking up in the room was the best feeling.

Some people probably preffered to be woken with the annoying sunrays of light burning into their freshly registered retina's but Sungjong was not one of these. Sungjong enjoyed waking to the dark room, the curtain's edges lined with the soft rays of the morning sun, giving the dark room just enough light for Sungjong to tell that it wasn't night time anymore. Getting up from bed, he stretched--Hadn't slept that well in what seemed forever. His mood was amazing.

Heading to the door, he wondered what time it was, changing into more suitable clothes than his pyjamas before leaving out the room quietly. Was anyone awake yet? Sungjong was a early wake and always seemed to be up before everyone so he figured that possibly it was still early in the morning.

Heading to his sister's rooms--he went to Sayuri's first, normally she was second to wake up and to his expectation, she was indeed awake. "Sayu." he called, hoping not to startle her, but she already was shortnerved in general, she jumped a bit but grinned calmly as she turned to face him. "Morning. Everyone's awake?" She questioned and Sungjong shrugged. "I'm coming to check." he explained before Sayuri nodded in understanding. "I'll go get Chiyo." She muttered before Sungjong waited patiently outside the room. Chiyo most of all, was the hardest to wake, but Sayuri was best to wake her so he let her do what he did best. Soon after, the Small girl slowly came out, hand in hand with Sayuri, Rubbing at her eyes tiredly. Sungjong chuckled and head over to the girl, Kneeling beside her. "Up." he muttered to her and she climbed onto his back--tiredly hugging his neck as she rested her head on his shoulder, falling in and out of sleep as they made their way to Minyoung's room. Already it was empty, she must have gone down early to start and they followed their assumption to see Asami and Minyoung sitting out in the outside are that was full of chairs and tables--A place to eat and relax, a terrace.  The two quietly eating a breakfast together and catching up on missed time it seemed. The group heading to interrupt, finally spotting them.

"Oh! Ohayou." Asami kindly greeted, Sungjong slowly transferred the sleeping girl from to his lap as he took a seat with the others as Sayuri greeted her good morning in response. "Since you're all here, I guess its a good time to speak more on what we were talking about yesterday. Theres only a little left." Asami explained, sitting up a bit to fix her posture that was already rather straight. "The only one who formally has to work is your sister Midori, but you too will be assigned small tasks as well.  You three will be going to a school and be taken along side with the Kim family's children." Sungjong had to bite back an annoyed groan at this last bit of information. Not only did he have to transport with them, he had to go to the same school with them too? 

"The school is sectioned off with four or five buildings. Each building has a different age group so all of you essentially will be going to the same school. Its a very famous school--a great oppurtunity and only gifted are allowed in. Since you live here now, you can attend free of charge I heard." Sayuri looked grateful but Sungjong could really only sigh, Couldn't he go to a normal school? The kids there would probably be so snooty.  Ugh.  "The school has uniforms so you don't need to worry about buying new clothes too!" Asami explained sweetly, she was too cheerful.

"After you eat, you'll go and get measured for your uniforms and then you can do whatever it is you want for the rest of the day, I'll have to keep Midori-chan with me to explain to her how things will work on a daily basis..." Asami trailed off, feeling as if she'd forgotten smething Important.  Gazing up in thought, she finally squeaked out an 'Oh yeah!' and grinned. "Since you're all going to be going around and seeing the place--making friends, the normal things--I asked personally if they could supply you with cellphones so you can stay in touch! This place is really big  inside and out and its easy to get lost. So when you get your phones you'll be able to get around easier." Asami explained and Minyoung smiled. "Thankyou Asami." Asami simply nodded her head.

After they parted to eat, The three were sent off to have their measurements done. Sayuri and Chiyo, going off together and Sungjong heading to a seperate room. "Is there any way I dont have to remove my clothes?" Sungjong questioned the woman who smiled. "No need to be shy, I'm just going to be measuring you dear." She cooed sweetly and Sungjong frowned slightly before Removing his clothes off hesitantly till he stood in his underwear. "Alright are yo--" Readying the measuring tapes, The maid stopped as she noticed the marks and bruises on his body that stained his milky complection--her expression changed to one that was trouble but her voice only softened "L..lets get you measured." Sungjong looked down a bit as she neared him and began to measure his waist and height. "Wow, You have a waist that girls would kill for." she muttered trying to lighten the mood and Sungjong only chuckled weakly in response.

"Alright, all done." she spoke before bowing to him a bit and turning with hesitance as if she wanted to say something but kept her words to herself and left. Putting his clothes back on, he headed out and didnt wait for his sisters to come out. They were free to do as they wanted now right? He was going out. He knew that probably he should wait till the next day when his said cellphone would arrive, but he was feeling discomfort in the luxury and wanted to venture out--get a breathe of air.

Upon walking and leaving off the mansion grounds, he realized the other houses besides them were different families. Kim, Lee, Lee, Nam. He wondered how many families it went on before it came to a stop. The rows upon rows of mansions seemed endless. Was this normal life for people like this? "If you stand in the middle of the road like that, you'll get hit." A voice startled him as thre males walked torwards him. One , He knew very well to be the Arrogant he stayed with. To his left  was a tall and lanky boy with a goofy expression--Gummy smile that made him seem approachable, friendly--but Sungjong couldnt help thinking that he would be airheaded and ditzy.  The male other to the side was a manly figure, well built and strong looking. Golden tanned skin and broad shoulders, The only thing pretty about him was his lips--Nicely shaped Bowed curve, pink in colour. The lips of his seemed to be a contrast to his manly definition. "Who's that?" The tallest boy Questioned the manly male, who seemed to be the one who called out to him in the warning--He replied to it with a shrug. "His family is working for me." Myungsoo spoke with nonchalance, and even though this was true, Sungjong couldn't help feeling the burning annoyance of hatred pool into the pits of his stomache; glaring at the male in the middle. "Whats his name?" the boy questioned and Myungsoo shrugged, and also showed his disinterest.

Really? That didnt even know his name? ugh.

"Wow, what a fierce look! he must hate your guts" Sungyeol whispered, a little too loudly to myungsoo. "Name?" The male to the right asked, "Lee Sungjong." Sungjong replied as they stopped around him. He felt vulnerable with the three males standing around him, staring at him--but he wouldn't allow them to know this, he had his pride afterall. "Ooh more Lee's!" Sungyeol cheered happily, "Lee Sungyeol, and that's Lee Howon over there." Sungyeol spoke, coming to his side and placing an arm around the thin boy's shoulder. Sungjong simply moved out of his touch, "Alright. Well goodbye then." Sungjong muttered as he tried to walk around them--no longer wishing to be in their presense. "Going back to clean?" Myungsoo had to speak, a mocking fashion. Sungjong stopped in his tracks.  his lips and biting on his bottom lip as he stood, glued to his spot momentarily.

Sungjong clentched his fists tightly. Control, Control. Have Control.

Taking a step back he looked at the male, "Look. I'm sure your arrogant is b with happiness over my sittuation, but let me tell you right now." Sungjong stepped forward, pressing his index finger into the boy's chest in a threating way "I. Dont. work. for You--I work for your Father." Sungjong enunciated every word and repeatedly tapped his chest with his finger accusingly as if Myungsoo couldnt grasp his words. "and Oh!  Let me add in another snippet of advice: If you havent noticed yet--I Dont like you." Sungyeol let out a cackle at this but Sungjong ignored it and kept his rant up.  "But for my families sake, i'm supposed to be 'polite' to you, but Truly?..--honestly? I am This close--" Sungjong brought his hand up, using the space betwen his his thumb and index finger to show how little, "--to punching you in our rich boy face." Sungjong continued ignoring the fact that the two around him were stifling laughter at the fact that Myungsoo was getting told off--Apparently no one had ever set him in his (Much-needed) place, but today was going to be the day. "And I may look delicate, But I am definately not. So I advise you to stop pushing my buttons or you might end up with a few bruises to your Arrogant- face." Sungjong finished curtly, pursing his lips together before eyeing him and clicking his tounge before walking around him and back to the Mansion. he could feel eyes lingering on his backside as he walked away and the laughter of Sungyeol who couldnt hold it back any longer and was loudly guffawing at the sittuation.

Second day into the move and he'd  already told someone off. Still, He felt great about it.


Later that day, on Minyoung's break, they were brought to purchase supplies and a bag, Chiyo whined and pleaded for a princess backpack but Minyoung denied her of one because she already had a perfectly fine Randoseru that was bright red and shiny with zero marks of scratch or fray on it.  When the day came to a close, Sungjong flopped onto his bed and sighed. Tomorrow, he'd learn what school was like and also help out with his sister's workload. Honestly, Sungjong didn't expect to make any friends. The school would probably be filled with ungrateful kids who showed off how rich they were. Of course he should be happy to be going to such a privelleged school, but honestly he simply wanted to just go to a regular public school.


Laying in bed idly, he tossed and turned for what seemed to be hours. He couldn't sleep. Couldnt sleep. He was pissed.

Apparently before his task had been formally given to him--He was assigned to a more annoying and torturous one.

The remnants of their dinner 'conversation' still fresh in his mind. 

---

Passing the cold male--his sister's gave him a small bow of recognition but Sungjong stubbornly walked past him; pretending he didnt exist and taking his seat.

Did they really have to eat in this place all together? Couldn't they branch off into opposite corners of the home and eat in peace and quiet?

Obviously not.

Mr. Kim was placed at the head of the table and the kids lined the edges. Mrs. Kim apparently was off on a duty of somesort and couldnt make it. The children seemed to be suprised enough to see the face of Mr. Kim. Sungjong wondered why they had such response to him, if they were frequently absent? "We're glad to have you and your family here, Minyoung-ssi." He spoke and Minyoung thanked him.

Amongst the chatter of idle talk, the clinking of silverware to plates--Myungsoo's eyes lingered on Sungjong and Sungjong, whom was making it apparent  up until now that he was avoiding his gaze--looked up at him with a deadly glare. "Dont look at me." He mouthed to him and Myungsoo smirked before turning his head. "Appa." His voice clear and crisp,  Mr. Kim turned his attention to his son. "I Found someone I want to be my personal butler as you suggested." Myungsoo spoke and Mr. Kim seemed glad, "Really? Whom is this you've chosen?" He questioned and Myungsoo's eyes slid over to Sungjong , his smirk slowly widening as he watched the boy take a sip of his drink. "Him." He announced , Sungjong nearly choked as he let out a garbled cough, eyes watering at the disruption. "Oh thats a great idea. You guys are around the same age and will be in the same Building at the school. He can watch over you and make sure you stay in the right."

Sungjong couldn't believe this, his gaze shifted left to right between Mr. Kim and Myungsoo's annoying smirking face before blurting out, "You have got to be kidding me--!" Minyoung gave him a look, pinching his leg  in which Sungjong quietly yelped in pain and Minyoung laughed over him. "Of course! he'd loved too! They'll be such good friends!" She exclaimed.

Great. As if things couldn't get worse. He was forced into catering to this 's every request?

Maybe he'd made a mistake telling him off and saying 'I don't work for you.' because he turned it around on him real quick.  He probably took it a bit far insulting him in front of his friends, but if he hadn't been a he wouldn't have had to do that.

---

These thoughts lingered on and on in his brain and he knew that he wouldnt be able to sleep, so Maybe he could take a walk around, explore a bit?
Getting up from his bed, he fixed his yellow pyjamas and slowly left out--The door making a shrill creaking sound as it opened, causing a shiver to make its way down his backside.
The halls that were full of maids and bulters earlier before in the day seemed to have retired home to their houses or rooms.
The emptiness made him feel like he was the last man on earth. (Even though he knew that to be untrue.)

Walking slowly down the halls, he felt a churning in his stomache. This place was a little creepy when it was empty like this. Sungjong inahiled, then exhailed a deep breathe before pushing himself to walk. He was not going to be a chicken, he was going to explore. He seemed to be thinking this to himself on and on as he walked, swishing from side to side idly as the thoughts slowly left his mind and he was back to admiring the interior of the building once more. Hand touching the railing, he looked to see a layer of film over it and grimaced. "Gross." He muttered to himself and wiped his hands together to rid of the dust before continuing to walk.

Cob webs in corners, dust bunnies, and (what he'd personally experienced) Dusty furniture--Defintely this place needed help.
Eyeing the cobwebs. Sungjong shivvered at the thought of spiders crawling through the halls along side him.
When he was younger, he had learned that he had an acute phobia of them. He learned this by when he was sat on the computer quietly minding his own business when he looked over his shoulder and a daddy long-legs was perched comfortablyon his shoulder.

Sungjong couldn't remember the events that followed the sittuation after that too much but he definetly remembered screaming at the top of his lungs and his mother scrambled into the room quickly out of worry. "You haven't screamed like that in a long while!" His mother joked as she comforted the shaking boy. The memories of his mother soon plagued his mind. He missed her most of all. Most boys would be glued to their father's side it seemed, but for Sungjong--It was his mother. 
Sungjong was a complete mama's boy and followed her around every place. He felt proud when people would look at her, then him and say, "Oh my! He's such a beautiful boy. He looks just like you Kyesoon-ah!" Those words stuck to him and he took pride in them.

Sungjong believed that his family was a beautiful family with no doubts. Each of his siblings had their styles and it complimented them. Minyoung's style was rough and independant, Sayuri's was down-to-earth and graceful, and little Chiyo's was cheerful , cute and bright.
His mother was a model in her younger days before she began to teach-- his father an author who settled down to teach alongside his wife.
Their attractive features blended well and made four beautiful children.
Sungjong was never one to brag, but he could say that he had little insecurities in his form--he knew that he looked good and worked with it.  

His parents loved each other, loved them--They were amazing parents.
Sungjong wondered to himself if maybe the reason they struggled so much afterwards was because things were too good for them, but Sungjong learned that he should try not to question the 'Why' of things too much because then you grew hollow and numb, wondering what is it you did wrong to deserve such misfortune.

 Looking around, letting his thoughts slip his mind, he realized that he was in a unfamiliar place. Furrowing his eyebrows and looking around, he strained to the remember the conversation from yesterday that he'd blocked out during his amazement of his living area. What did they do if they were lost?
Honestly though, He wouldnt be suprised if the answer she'd recieved was anything short of unhelpful.
Sungjong tried not to linger on the thought too long and walked along; if he was long, he'd find his way eventually right? Sungjong walked on patiently.

The eerie feeling returning to him as he walked, "Its just a house..Just a house.." he muttered to himself but A pair of eyes were on him and he could feel it. He refused to look back and moved his feet quicker. He was not going to die in a mansion, no matter how beautiful and grand it was. 

Turning around a corner, he leaned against it and took a deep breathe, closing his eyes, 'Its nothing. Nothing. Nothing is there--you're just scaring yourself.' he thought to himself, quietly mummbling--"One...Two.. Three.." before swiftly  peeking around the corner.
The vast amount of nothingness was somehow comforting. He let out a deep breathe he'd been holding it and quietly laughed, chuckled, just his imagination.

Turning around as he began to walk, he collided into a chest. Panicing at the collision, Sungjong screamed, Closing his eyes shut and shuffling back quickly with his hands out in front of him defensively to stop whatever or whomever  was there from advancing on him. When nothing happened, he slowly peeked out of one eye, head slightly tilted as he got a look at the disruption. Eyes slightly curved at the edges, Lips upturned into a smirk--Kim Myungsoo. Sungjong quickly cleared his throat and put his hands down to his side, flushing slightly in embarressment. "W-why are you sneaking up on people in the middle of the night!?" Sungjong grumbled as he looked down, eyeing the patterns in the floor in his refusal to look at the teasing smirk that had formed over the male's expression. "Why are you walking about suspiciously at the dead of night?" Myungsoo questioned, and Sungjong, shifted his eyes up to his now, "Suspiciously?!" He nearly shouted as Myungsoo seemed to raise his eyebrows expectantly. "Tch." Sungjong grumbled, stomping around him and leaving him standing there. Annoying, Bigheaded, Arrogant, Dumb, Rich boy--. The list of angry insults quickly rolled through his mind as he did. "Your room is the opposite direction." Myungsoo calmly spoke, voice full with the lingering of a smug tone.

"I Know where im going!" Sungjong lied, "Really?" Myungsoo questioned, smirk still lit over his expression "Nobody asked for your help." Sungjong spat, turning back in defeat as he began to walk the opposite way. "How do you even know where my room is?" . He kept his best to keep these insults to himself, his mind was firing them away and urging him to scream them into his face. "Your's is right next to mine, It doesnt take a Ace decective to figure it out." Myungsoo replied cooly, showing Sungjong the way by walking slightly ahead of him. Sungjong looked horrified upon hearing this fact--Since when was he next to him?

Could he change rooms? Was that possible? there was plenty of space in here, where could he go? "Where did you get those marks?" Myungsoo asked after a long silence of them walking. Sungjong, tugged at the sleeves of his shirt out of habit to cover them--when he was protecting himself from him, they must have become vsible. "Why do you care?" Sungjong grumbled, voice thick with attitude. "I Dont."  Myungsoo carelessly replied as they reached the rooms and he entered inside his own without other words. Sungjong glared at his door after he left. "Ugh." he muttered to himself before heading inside his own room.