XIX

The Hired Help

 

 

Kneeling thoughtfully, Sungjong pulled some gloves on and took a deep breathe as he looked to the garden before him. After being here for a while, he was close to everyone and a few weeks ago Sumin had told him that it was okay to work with the garden and he found himself spending alot of time here, nursing the sprouting seedlings and watering the plants gingerly. Occasionally coming across a ladybug or butterflies now that it was late february. Seeing them made him happy. "Oh, you're here again." Sungjong nodded, in respone to the voice as he heard Minyoung come in and stand beside him, Unwilling to get her uniform dirty by kneeling. "They're gorgeous, huh?" Sungjong questioned with a soft smile of his face as he gazed at them. Minyoung nodded, "I guess you take after mom that way. Green thumb." She chuckled and Sungjong smiled to himself proudly with these words. "You take after dad." Sungjong cooed playfully, although it had some honesty to it. "I'll take that as a compliment." She said with a laugh as she nudged Sungjong with her foot. "You seem kinda down lately, did something happend?" Minyoung questioned caringly and Sungjong smiled, shaking his head but not actually saying the words. Minyoung knew he was lying. She sighed, "Okay Jongie,  You don't have to tell me. Just know I'll listen if you decide to." he explained, the top of Sungjong's head before making her way on to continue her work.

Once he was sure she was gone, Sungjong sighed softly. He should be happy, but he wasn't. Wrapping his arms around his legs and pressing his chin to his knees, he absentmindedly stared off into space. Hoya and him had eventually come to the point where they accepted they it was more a Hyung-dongsaeng relationship and that was alright--the two were still friends so he was okay and pleased with it. Yet, Him and Myungsoo had a odd relationship; They avoided each other and basically tolerated each other. There was a weird, dull tension between them that both decided to ignore and now their three months of marriage was going to end soon...That was what he wanted, Wasn't it? Sungjong reached out and let the petals smoothly slip between his fingers."Oh, Sungjong." Sungjong tensed up at the voice. "These look good." Myungsoo spoke, looking at the flowers and Sungjong stood up from his spot, "Thanks." he spoke, going to turn away, ready to make his leave. "Can we talk?" Sungjong stopped in his tracks, back turned to him as he pondered on if he wanted to do that. "Just take a walk with me." Myungsoo was pushing a bit with his words even if he sounded calm and collected. He was eager and persistant. Sungjong took a deep breathe almost silently before turning back to Myungsoo and nodding. "Okay, We can walk." he replied and Myungsoo grinned, expecting a no.  

Taking his gloves and other gardening materials off and away, Sungjong accompanied him then.
Walking off the area with him and torwards the backway of the mansion. He'd never actually gone himself, but there was apparently a lake nearby and looked to be where Myungsoo was taking him.  "So what did you want to talk about?" Sungjong questioned after a while of walking slowly. It was easier to patch things up when they were fresh, but now everything was dull, and awkward. Myungsoo didn't even know what to start. Myungsoo sighed and cleared his throat a bit. "Are you still mad at me?" Myungsoo asked, kicking a pebble nervously as they walked, Sungjong sighed. "No, not really. No." Myungsoo nodded slowly, "Okay...If you're over it then--" he muttered and Sungjong glared at him a bit. "If I'm 'over it'?" "I-I didnt mean it that way, I--" Myungsoo sighed, stopping Sungjong by walking infront of him and grabbing his hands. Sungjong attempted to yank them away but Myungsoo held on tighter.  "I'm really sorry." he started, staring into Sungjong Eyes. Sungjong only coldly looked back to him. "Sorry for everything. I--" "What are you sorry for?" Myungsoo bit into his lip and, looked down a bit, taking a deep breathe. "For...messing up all the time. For being a jerk on many occasions, For leaving you and being with Sungyeol that day...for...not coming to make things right till now..I was just.." Myungsoo slowly spoke, thinking of how he could explain himself. "Scared I couldn't fix things. That I didnt deserve you--" "You Don't deserve me." Sungjong quickly added in harshly. Myungsoo his lips nervously. "I know..." he breathed out tiredly, "but..Can you give me another chance? Even if I don't deserve it?" Sungjong pursed his lips and thought for what seemed to be a long time.

"What are you going to do this time?" Sungjong asked, "Treat you right."
This wasn't a response that he'd expected and it caught Sungjong off guard, keeping him quietly dumbfounded for a moment or two. "Okay.." Sungjong finally said in response and Myungsoo sighed happily, closing his eyes with a grin. "Don't get too happy." Sungjong stubbornly spoke, puffing his cheeks out and walking ahead of him. Myungsoo quickly followed close behind and held onto Sungjong's hand, interlocking their fingers.
Sungjong was hesitant but it didnt take long for him to return the hold, causing Myungsoo to grin dumbly. "I missed you." Myungsoo murmed and Sungjong, looked down to the ground as they walked, trying to conceal any happiness he was feeling. He wasn't going to let himself be fooled too quickly or too easily. He was going to be tough, Although he knew that he'd probably be charmed quickly despite thinking these weords. "Did you?" He questioned disbelievingly and Myungsoo hummed in agreement, the top of Sungjong's hand with his thumb as they walked."You know i'm not going to easily do anything, don't you?" Sungjong questioned, looking to Myungsoo who nodded firmly. "I know that." he added in, smiling a bit. "And still you wanna try?" Myungsoo nodded. "Because I love you." Sungjong lowed his eyes and turned his head the opposite way as if he was looking at something to conceal the sheepish grin that he couldnt hold back now.

"I wish I'd brought my camera." Myungsoo spoke after moments of them walking together in silence. "Why?" Sungjong questioned curiousily as they reached the edge of the lake and Myungsoo pulled him down to sit beside him.  "To take pictures of course." Myungsoo cheekily added in as Sungjong snorted and laid back into the slight incline of the grass comfortably, folding his left arm back and resting the back of his head on it. "Obviously." Myungsoo picked up a small rock and swiftly tossed it across, watching it skip one, twice, three times across the water's surface.  "So I can further my Album of you." Myungsoo cooed and Sungjong snorted, turning his head to look from the lake, to Myungsoo now. "That makes you sound creepy!" Sungjong laughed and Myungsoo shrugged, flinging another pebble across before turning to looked to Sungjong. "You're really photogenic. Right now would be a great picture. " He explained, connecting his left and right hand's finger and thumbs together to make a box like frame, holding it out to frame Sungjong in that moment. Sungjong only snorted, laughing at Myungsoo as he Turned his head away. "Gorgeous~!" He cooed before Sungjong laughed more,  swatting at Myungsoo to make him stop.

"How did you get into that anyway?" "Get into what?" "Photography." Myungsoo layed back into the grass beside him and took a deep breath. "I dunno." He simply replied, watching the puffy clouds overhead passing. "Things change, but pictures always stay the same. Time goes by, but pictures are always the same memory." Myungsoo finally explained after taking the moment to think. "..You can see a picture and go back to the memmory for a little while...I understand that." Sungjong softly replied, propping himself up by his elbows and  digging in his pocket for a moment before pulling out his wallet and pulling out two pictures that were connected by lamination, gingerly handing it over to Myungsoo who sat up, mimicing the resting mosition that Sungjong was in as he  studied the photos. "Beauitful..Is that your mom?" Myungsoo questioned as Sungjong nodded, "She was a model before we moved to Japan. She became a teacher after that. Those are the only pictures I have left." Sungjong explained as he took them back and carefully put it away before laying back down.

Myungsoo laid on his side, propping his arm up to rest his head into the palm of his hand as he looked down to Sungjong. "What about your dad?" "He was a author but he never really liked pictures so I wasn't able to find any." Myungsoo nodded slowly, "Do you mind me asking what happened to them?" "Explosion...after that, you know what happened." Sungjong spoke openly, which was suprising even to himself. Myungsoo was the only person besides Dongwoo who he'd told about these things. "The foster home?" Sungjong nodded. "Only me though." Myungsoo nodded slowly in understanding as he remembered back when he'd saw Sungjong first in early september--covered in bruises. One of  the maids had worriedly told him about how she measured him and how he was covered  all over in them.  Myungsoo sighed a bit, thinking about is as he interlocked his finger with Sungjong's hand once more, pressing a kiss to the back of it as if to replace all the spots where there had been bruises with just his kisses. "Was it bad?" Sungjong nodded "At first, it was unbearable." he explained, breathing in deeply as he broke his eye contact with Myungsoo now, looking elsewhere. "My sister's got to go to a home all together and were safe. I was happy that they weren't in my position, but I was lonely and didn't have any friends for a long time." He explained sighining as he thought about it. "Except for the oldest son in their family, and Dongwoo when he came...but Dongwoo was the only one who was actually trustworthy. Truthfully my friend." Sungjong explained and Myungsoo frowned, Sungjong seemed reluctant to tell him why. "..Why wasn't the other son trustworthy." Myungsoo questioned hesitantly, not really wanting Sungjong to clam up if he asked the wrong question.

Sungjong sighed deeply. "You don't have to tell me." Myungsoo spoke after a long moment of silence. "What about you?" He questioned, changing the subject. "Me?" he asked, glancing up to the sky for a moment in his thought process. "Two rich parents who were forced into a marriage and claimed that they loved each other for a long while. Then they had a little boy. They were fine and loving at first, until that boy turned five and instead of pulling them together, it seemed like he was pushing them apart. Everything he did caused the two parents to fight. rumors started about how they'd been having affairs for a long time. The little boy got in alot of fights because of this--protecting his family name. Kims are strong, you know?" He added in chuckling, as if he wasn't actually talking about himself.

"Until one day, he came home and actually saw the proof of these rumors. Fights and yelling got worse around the house, unti his mom finally left, conealing these problems within the family as 'business'. They said they loved each other, but lived seperately until the father couldn't handle the emptiness of the home much longer and left the little boy alone. They were too prideful to accept that they didn't truly love each other and refused to  divorce. .After that, they had another son  to make their family seem more believeable.  A daughter and two sons. Three was a good number." Myungsoo explained with a shrug now. "I think that might be why I was like how I was." Myungsoo quietly thought aloud. "Like what?" Sungjong asked, softly as Myungsoo shrugged. "Promiscuous." He admitted. "I was always told that I was handsome and the world was paved out for me because I was rich and also handsome, but I always thought Love was dumb and fake. I dated who ever, slept around,broke alot of hearts and didn't think twice about it...but I feel differently now." Myungsoo grinned, "Really?" Sungjong snorted with a ironic undertone. "Really."  "And why's that? What made you change so suddenly?" He asked, slightly in disbelief of his words. "You~" He cooed with a grin, "I made mistakes, but I get it now... I love you." Myungsoo spoke honestly. Sungjong blushed, biting at his lip to coneal a grin before sitting himself up by his elbows to connect lips with Myungsoo's, kissing him lovingly before pulling back just centimeters. "Don't think you've won me over just yet" Sungjong mummbled against his lips as Myungsoo chuckled and pressed a sweet, quick kiss to his lips. "I'm not giving up either." Sungjong grinned, sighing softly, "I hate how you do that." "Do what?" Myungsoo asked curiously and Sungjong huffed with a chuckle. "Make me dumb for you." Myungsoo grinned a dimpled smile. "I love you too~" Myungsoo cooed, receiving a playful smack from Sungjong.

 

 


A/N; It says completed, but alot of people have been questioned if i can write M rated for this story. So I'll more than likely write one or two chapters that are fluffy and or m rated EXTRA chapter that tye up loose ends and complete it nicely! After this I'll probably start to work on another story ^^/ Not sure what type I should do next, but I have about 10 different story ideas. I keep getting inspired by things and writing them down @ 3 @ I'm not sure if anyone's interested but if you are, you'd be a big help by telling me what things you'd like to see more. Oneshots, Short chapter story, Or a long chapter story like this one ^^/
I'm very thankful for all of your supportive feedback hope you liked this story~ and look forward to the extra chapter i'll update in a little bit o u o

Edit; Actually, I happened to see a gif on tumblr and it inspired me for maybe a sort of (short?) chapter sequel ;u; I think i might work on this if people thiink it should continue. my stories have mostly been buildup instead of the after moments and fluffyness and stuff, so the sequel be fluffy~ ;u;