The Hired Help

When the bell rang, Sungjong reluctantly packed his things. This meant going home to face Kim Myungsoo's Self righteous face. Today was his first "Official" day of being his butler and He was sure that Myungsoo would make this an annoying task indeed.

Heading out of the class,  he was greeted with the sight of Myungsoo leaning against a nearby pillar. Sungjong saw him and quickly made a robotic-like turn as he tried to sneak away "Lee Sungjong." Sungjong quicked his pace, "Yah!" he grumbled before Sungjong stopped and sighed deeply, turning to look at the boy who shouted to him, who was nearing him. Myungsoo seemed impatient of how Sungjong kept defying his wishes. "You're riding with me." myungsoo ordered as he walked ahead, forcing Sungjong to follow behind. "...W...h...y...?" Sungjong slowly asked in a elongated fashion as if this question would be his last. "Don't ask me why, just do what I say!" He grumbled growing annoyed with him and Sungjong sighed and quietly followed along, stepping into Myungsoo's car as they arrived and pulling on his seat belt and dramatically holding on to the handle at the top of his car door.

Myungsoo stared at him as he sat in the car, "I'm not going to crash us into the han river, calm down." he spoke as he pressed a button that revved up the ignition. Sungjong seemed in awe of this new type of technology but stayed glued to his post. Myungsoo sighed and pulled out, driving off. (Extra smooth so that Sungjong would get that he was a good driver)

Eventually after an amount of driving, Sungjong relaxed into his chair. Peering out at the buildings and attractions that they passed as they did. Sungjong noticed in the side mirror that Myungsoo was glancing at him--and was that...A small smile
??? Sungjong wipped his head back quickly to catch him but when he did, Myungsoo's face was calm and straight--eyes focused on the road.  Sungjong slightly pouted to himself with a look of confusion, Did he miss-see that? It must be. Why would he be smiling at him? That was too weird.

"Where are we going?" Sungjong questioned and Myungsoo didnt answer which caused Sungjong to sigh loudly in impatience.
"The store." Myungsoo simply answered, turning a corner.
"The Store?" Sungjong questioned, pressing him to give him more than that.
Myungsoo stayed quiet for a few moments until the entered a center and began parking. "We're getting groceries."
Sungjong looked confused. "Why do I have to accompany you to the grocery store?"
Myungsoo unbuckled himself and opened the door, "Cause my bulter is going to cook for me."

Sungjong took a moment to process this as the door closed and his mouth opened slowly into a look of annoyance. "UGh." he groaned to himself before getting out and following the male that was walking slowly on purpose--knowing that Sungjong would probably take a minute.  Sungjong grumbled and muttered things under his breathe as he stomped ahead of him. So annoying. Lets just get this over with. Being stopped in his tracks as a tug on his arm quicky pulled him back into Myungsoo's embrace. "What--!?" A car passing by through the spot he'd just been standing seconds before, answered his question before he'd even finished uttering it. Sungjong peered back to where he was just standing in shock, he didnt even realize the car speeding his way. "Do you want to die!?" Myungsoo shouted at him loudly, grip still firm and tight around the smaller boy; Sungjong pouted some and looked up. "I didnt see it! Jeez!" Sungjong grumbled in a defensive fashion, his voice somewhat calmer because of the fact that his sworn enemy had saved his life. he was sort of in shock.

They Stood there for a few minutes as Myungsoo stared down at him. "Uhm...." Sungjong quietly muttered, Looking around before back up to the cold eyes that seemed to soften while gazing at him. Sungjong felt a bit awkward with Myungsoo staring at him and hugging him tightly in his arms all at once so he slowly spoke in his discomfort. "Can...you um, ....let me go now...?" Myungsoo seemed to snap out of his daze as Sungjong talked and he let go of him roughly, clearing his throat. "Look when you cross the street." he nagged harshly before heading across and leaving Sungjong there by himself.
Sungjong furrowed his eyebrows at his weird actions and sighed. That guy was really weird.

Following behind him, he entered the store and looked around in slight awe. Even if the grocery store looked rich. Sungjong sighed, Was nothing in this city normal?

Sungjong pushed the cart as Myungsoo went through and put things inside. Kimchi. Kimchi. Kimchi. Flavored bread, Kiwi-- "Ugh, You're hopeless!" Sungjong finally exclaimed, pushing Myungsoo out of the way who seemed confused by the outburst. "What? Am I gonna make you Kimchi flavored bread with Kiwi on top!?" Sungjong grumbled as he grabbed some real food and placed it into the cart. Myungsoo seemed to stare at him for a while but quietly complied and followed behind him as the younger male filled the cart with meats,tofu, spices and other things to cook. "Since you dont know what you're doing I'll cook you something I know how to cook." Sungjong spoke, not taking any buts or exceptions. "So you're gonna cook for me?" Myungsoo sounded a little too excited about that. "I have a choice now?" Sungjong asked with sarcasm, looking back to him and Myungsoo's face quickly turned stoic from whatever look he once had.

It didnt take long for Sungjong to finish filling the cart. Sungjong had picked up his sister's favorite mango mochi icecream in an attempt to say 'Sorry for punching your teddybear in the face.'  if that was even an acceptable apology; Paying for it himself when Myungsoo wasn't looking. The ride home seemed quicker than the ride there, and that maybe was because of the food in the back, that Myungsoo took a shorter way home to get it into where it was safe. Myungsoo seemed to be very passionate about food Or maybe that was the only thing he was passionate about.  At least thats what he thought. Must be nice to have anything you want, when you want it.

Calling Butlers and maids to bring in the food, Myungsoo carelessly went inside the home without a second look or a word of gratitude. Sungjong clicked his tounge at how inconsiderate the male was. "Thats okay, you guys head inside, You have your own jobs to attend to right?" Sungjong kindly spoke to the help that had came to fetch the groceries. "Can you carry it all yourself young master?" Sungjong had said a few times before when speaking to the maids and butlers that they could call him Sungjong, but Young master was what they stuck to despite his words. "Yeah, I've got it. Go on ahead" He kindly spoke before reaching for a few bags and heading inside. His body was lithe but he was suprisingly strong for this thin shape. Myungsoo impatiently came to the door, wondering what was taking so long and stared at the thin boy "Why are you carrying those?" he asked, sounding a bit mad; the fact that he was getting mad at him, only made Sungjong mad as well. "Because you're inconsiderate." Sungjong simply said impatiently and tried to pass him into the house. Myungsoo forcefully took a few bag and headed to the kitchen that he'd cleared out of the area to make room for Sungjong only.

"Where is everyone..?" Sungjong questioned aloud quietly to himself as he entered the kitchen and looked around. Helping Sungjong take things from the bag--Myungsoo seemed eager to see him cook. "I told them to leave." He simply spoke before Sungjong sighed again but said nothing. Myungsoo seemed to be confused on why Sungjong was sighing but he only furrowed his eyebrows and took a seat at the table. "It wont be soon, you can leave." Sungjong told More than suggested but Myungsoo ignored him and stayed rooted to his seat. Another sigh left Sungjong.  Looking for an apron and tieing it around himself--He looked around in the cabinents, he searched for things and pulled out all the utensils he'd need for cooking before pulling out the ingredients and eyeing them to see what he'd cook first. Pulling out the tofu, he carefully rinsed it before slicing it evenly and then adding salt, placing it into the pan.

"Five minutes.." He muttered idly to himself as he Set up another pot to make Kimchi Jiggae placing the contents inside the pot before turning it on and heading over to make the sauce for the tofy which took little to no time and he was back over, Checking the time before flipping the tofu carefully--the top starting to crisp at a golden brown. He smiled to himself at his own work proudly before setting up a spot on the counter next to the pot of stewing Kimchi Jiggae and started to work on Sushi and kimbap pieces. Keeping a close eye on the tofu as well as he finished it and took it off to a plate and placed them nicely before putting sauce over them and placing them aside. Quickly placing some meat on the some as well to slowly cook.

 He wasn't making anything too difficult and his multitasking was making the task go even faster as he boiled some rice for a side and finished up on the sushi, then soon after the Kimbap. The Kimchi Jiggae came last and carefully put them all on bowls and placed them on the table around Myungsoo who seemed to be (Impatiently) waiting.  Sungjong being so immersed in cooking didn't noticed before--the growling of his stomache as the aroma started to whisp through the area. "You can cook this well?" Myungsoo stoicly questioned in disbelief as Sungjong placed the last of the things on the table. "This is Korean stuff too?" Myungsoo was suprised and Sungjong shrugged carelessly. He'd done his task. Thats how he looked at these things. His tasks.  Putting the things into the sink, he figured that he could clean them later--he was hungry too. Would it be okay for him to eat as well? He'd definately made enough for him to have some but... "Are you gonna sit down and eat with me or do I have to force you to?" Myungsoo asked as he picked up his utensils to eat. Sungjong opened his mouth to speak with hesitance before his phone vibrated. Hoya! he grinned and pulled out his phone from his pocket before taking off the apron, forgetting all about Myungsoo and the food now. "I have to go out. Enjoy it...hopefully." Sungjong muttered quickly as he wooshed out of the kitchen in a dash, Myungsoo taking too long to grasp the sittuation before it was too late to make an interjection.

"Left......straight....and then left again." Sungjong looked up to see himself facing a wall and he furrowed his eyebrows curiously, scratching his head. This can't be right? another text;

SMS;; From --- Hoya
You're good at following directions!

Sungjong looked up and turned around quickly? Was this a game? He didnt want to play. He pouted to himself before another text came soon after.

SMS;; From --- Hoya
Kekeke I'll tell you where now, Turn backwards and enter the gate.  

Sungjong did as he was told and realized that he dumbly was standing infront of the mansion moments before, he was simply in facing the wrong way. Hoya seemed to be amused at this as the boy entered in with a pout fresh over his expression. Hoya was laughing and this only made Sungjong feel more embarresed as he gave him a glaring look. "Come on, lets go." Hoya nodded his head in the direction to go and Sungjong followed close behind. This mansion had a different interior feeling. Myungsoo's was very moden technology type while this home seemed to have a elegant and old fashioned type to it. Sungjong couldn't help thinking about how scary it must be in here at night time and shivvered slightly to himself.

"Cold?" Hoya questioned at the sudden action and Sungjong smiled sheepishly and shook his head. "No..Just thinking about how scary it must be in here at night time." Sungjong admitted as he took a look around. "Sometimes." Hoya admitted and Sungjong smiled, bringing a hand up and muffling a laugh with the back of hand; somehow he felt like he should be quiet in here. "Its really nice in here though...even if its scary!" Sungjong cooed in a amiable fashion and Hoya seemed glad, a sense of pride was in his smile. Sungjong liked to see it.

Taking a walk around the Mansion, Sungjong took his time walking, trying to take in every aspect he could of his surroundings. "I like it here better than at where I stay." Sungjong admitted aloud as he continued to look around in awe. "Is that so?" Hoya questioned, he seemed pleased as a grin curled over his lips.
Sungjong's stomache growled, interrupting their conversation "Ohw.." Sungjong quietly muttered to himself, quickly bringing his hands to cover his belly as if it would hide it away; Looking up sheepishly to Hoya, hoping he hadn't heard that but he seemed to lock eyes with him laughing at his actions before looking down quickly in a shy fashion.

Hoya laughed at this, Turning his direction and tugging on Sungjong's arm momentarily to show him to follow their new path as they headed to the kitchen. "Did you forget to eat?" Sungjong bit down into his bottom lip, nibbling on it slightly. "Erm..Myungsoo-ssi made me to cook for him but I didnt get to eat any." Sungjong quietly spoke and Hoya seemed to slightly scowl "He didn't let you eat any of it" Sungjong seemed to be slightly sheepish as he scratched his neck after these words. "Well..I...You..um..texted me so i decided to come over instead. I figured that i'd like this more than eating a meal with him." Sungjong muttered rolling his eyes as he said the words; 'Him'.

"Oh--Gotchya, heh." Hoya nodded but seemed to be thinking about something for a minute second as if he almost felt a bit guilty but it was only a short second and after that he was prepairing some food. "You can cook too?" Sungjong questioned scurrying to his side and peeking around his body to get a glimpse of what hes doing. "Not at all." Hoya replied comically and turned the stove on. "I'm just heating up what my mom made" Sungjong seemed to find this funny and smiled, breaking into a laugh. "Mn, Its been awhile Since i've had cooking like that." Sungjong blurted out and went quiet as he realized he'd spoken it as he'd meant to think it--laughing awkwardly and going to sit down, away from the boy now. Quietly cursing himself for opening up too much, It'd been a while since he had friends since always he never had time for them when rushing home to eat, clean, and get inside his room before his foster father got home, or his son either. Even after his move, he was busy working to help Minyoung; His only friends were his sisters.
He didn't realize until now at how much he wanted one. Did Hoya even think of him as a friend? he didnt even resolve that question yet.

Howon seemed to take notice at how quickly the boy who was once open and energetic quickly became Quiet and guarded and He seemed to wonder but said nothing, maybe thinking that he wasn't at that level yet to question him on overly personal matters--Placing a bowl before him of bibimbap. "Wow, Its only heated up but it looks nice." Sungjong muttered in awe as he looked from the bowl to Hoya and then back. Hoya chuckled. "I'm great at arranging food and making it look nice, but cooking it i'm terrible. I can only cook simple things like meat and ramyeon." He admitted as Sungjong began to eat. "Wao.." he muttered to himself happily as he wiggled a bit in his chair with a grin and ate more, rather happy about eating someone's cooking that was made with love--even if it was not for him, a mothers food was the best. Hoya seemed to laugh at his enthusiasm, "Is it really that good?" Hoya questioned and Sungjong nodded. "Ahh~ I feel happy eating this, I think my stomache is too!" he spoke before picking up a generous amount of food and placing it in his mouth, chewing happily. Hoya grinned and watched him eat. "Never seen anyone so happy to eat." He added in with a chuckle as Sungjong ate heartily.

Reaching over to remove a peace of food that was stuck to the corner of Sungjong's lips.  Sungjong seemed to be suprised and grinned at the help from the other, an eyesmile gracing his features. Hoya couldnt help but smile as well, "Aish, You're really a cute kid, I don't know why Myungsoo seems to hate you so much." He muttered, out of control with himself as he reached over to pat the younger boy's head who seemed to flinch a tiny bit out of habit as the hand was raised out to him but welcomed the affectionate touch as he realized it wasnt malicious. A habit that he needed to fix.

"Hoya Hyung." Sungjong spoke as he finished up on the meal and chewwed on a few pieces of kimchi, Hoya seemed to give his attention, wondering what it was. "Are you and i..Friends? We're friends, right?" Sungjong asked hesitantly in a sheepish fashion, he had to know so he'd stop getting overly excited. Sungjong was the type to speak his mind normally, and this was one of those times as well, even if it was bad--at least head know right? Hoya seemed suprised at the question but shrugged, "I suppose so. Is that a problem with you?" He asked with a chuckle, wondering where that sudden question sprouted from.

widening his eyes a bit, Sungjong quickly shook his head. "No no no no, not at all!" he quickly spoke, finishing up and placing the chopsticks down. "I Just wanted to know so I wasn't expecting too much." He spoke honestly and Hoya grinned, interrupted by the clock chiming.  It was starting to get late. "You should get home before it gets too dark, These streets aren't very well lit out here." Hoya spoke and Sungjong seemed happy. He had a friend that cared for his wellbeing. Sungjong smiled happily "Ne~" He obidiently replied.

Slipping his shoes back on  and heading to the door as they arrived. "Thank you for having me Hyung!" He cheerfully called from outside before waving happily to him and quickly heading to the one besides it. Hoya followed behind a bit and seemed to watch him leave until he couldn't see the boy's figure any longer. Hoya was definately not exaggerating and was telling the truth when he spoke of it being dimly lit with lights. (Not that Sungjong didn't believe him) The streets seemed so dark even though the sun really had only just hidden its last sliver of light behind the earth. Once entered the code into the gate and heading inside he looked up in awe; The Kim mansion looked magnificent at nighttime and he remembered one day that he should go and enjoy the outside scenery  of the place when he had the chance.

Returning inside, he was suprised to see it was empty again. They hadn't needed much for maids and butlers at nighttime though so after thinking on it he realized it wasn't much of a suprise. Sungjong was exhausted and wanted to sleep but first off, he had something to do.

Knocking on the door, he callled out. "I'm coming in Chii." Opening the door, the small girl was dressed in her pyjamas already and was sitting at a table, scribbling and colourings drawings onto a paper. "Chii I got this for you today." he explained, bringing in two peices of mango flavored mochi icecream that were carefully sliced down the middle. Chiyo looked delighted as she dropped her crayons and hurried over to the table he was placing the icecream on and she stood on her tippy toes to grab the toothpick  and quickly nibble on the icecream, doing a happy little dance as she ate it. Sungjong couldnt help but chuckle as he sat on the floor as her level and ate one piece himself. "Thank you Nii-chan." she said softly as she put the Tooth pick back onto the plate and grabbed the other half of hers. "How did your first day of class go? Are you the most poopular?" Sungjong asked and Chiyo grinned brightly, "I made three friends, and my teacher is my friends too!" She exclaimed happily and Sungjong widened his eyes with his mouth forming a 'o' shape as he nodded, "Wow, You're making a good start!" He exclaimed and Chiyo seemed to raise her head proudly, she sure had a character.

"Have two Boyfriends now?" Sungjong teased and Chiyo's face contorted into a funny face. "Blech! boys have cooties!" She exclaimed, sticking her tounge out and pouting. "Mmn Does Nii-chan Have cooties too then?" He playfully asked sadly, jutting out his bottom like he was hurt and Chiyo hummed loudly in thought. "Hmmm.... No!" She exclaimed and moved over to give him a hug because of his sad expression. "You're the only boy who doesnt have them!" Sungjong grinned and hugged the girl back, patting her head. "Oh, I'm glad. I don't want cooties!" he muttered firmly, nodding his head as the girl parted from the hug and swiftly took the last peice of mochi icecream as she knew that honestly Sungjong didnt like the Mango ones, so she stole it shamelessly, grinning a large grin as she bit into it. "That boy has the most cooties." Chiyo muttered as she sat down as well and crossed her legs--sitting in a pretzel style. "Which one?" "The one that rides with us! I dont like him. hmph." Chiyo boldly explained and Sungjong snorted "is that so?" He questioned and Chiyo nodded stubbornly. "Hes so annoying! He kept talking over the teacher! I dont want to play with him!" Sungjong chuckled and nodded "i see~ Well you stay a good girl and don't let his cooties rub off, yeah?" he muttered and Chiyo confidently nodded. "Of course! No way!"

 "So are you still mad at me?" He had to ask, Chiyo pouted her lips out but shook her head slowly. "Why were you hitting Kyosei-sama?" She questioned, calmly now as she nibbled on the mochi. "That guy with the scary eyes makes me really angry! I was imagined it was  his face and i didn't realize I was hitting Kyosei-sama." Sungjong explained, fixing his explanation so she could understand, Chiyo nodded in understanding as he spoke, "Yeah, he is scary, I would punch him too!" Chiyo spoke, balling up her little fists in a defensive pose and Sungjong laughed. "If he's ever mean to you, Don't be afraid to punch him. Don't let anyone treat you badly." Sungjong instructed at Chiyo nodded quickly in understanding before kissing his little sister's forehead and petting her head before standing up. "I'm gonna go to sleep, don't stay up too late Chii." He spoke before his sister waved. "Goodnight Nii-chan!"