XV

The Hired Help

 

 "Where are we going today hyung?" Sungjong questioned, Sitting in a chair and doing some homework that he'd not been able to finish earlier while Myungsoo lazily laid in bed, back facing him as he shrugged nonchalantly, as if he hadn't thought it through previously. In actuality, he had a few things planned. "You said you've never been to a Zoo and wanted to go, right?" Myungsoo muttered and Sungjong's attention was caught, looking up from the papers he was scribbling on with interest. "Are we going to the Zoo!?" He questioned a little too excitedly and Myungsoo snorted, his responce was like a cheery toddler being told they were going to disneyland. "Sure." Myungsoo simply replied and Sungjong smiled happily and went go grab something before noticing a impressive camera. Carefully picking it up to eye it, he gingerly handled it between his slim fingers--turning it on in secret and flipping through the images. "Is this yours?" Sungjong questioned curiously and Myungsoo turned back just for a second to see what he was talking about before yawning and rolling over to finally look at Sungjong, letting his arm out and resting his head against his palm to keep it up as he laid on his side, still taking his sweet time to properly wake up. "Yeah, You like it?" Sungjong nodded quickly. "These are really good Hyung!" Sungjong spoke with amazement and Myungsoo was slightly suprised to get such a enthusiastic comment from sungjong--He must have been in a great mood because of the whole 'Zoo' thing.

"Thats about the only thing I can do." Myungsoo mumbled beneath his breathe and Sungjong jut out his lips in a pout. "You can do alot of things, Hyung." Sungjong said in a sympathetic voice and Myungsoo was suprised once more. "You a
re Lee Sungjong, right?" He playfully questioned. "No, I'm a monkey in disgu--Of course i'm me!" Sungjong asked with annoyance now, raising his fist up as to threaten the other. "Ah, there you are." Myungsoo hummed jokingly, Sungjong rolled his eyes at this before coming to sit next to him on the bed. "I really like these, But..." Sungjong muttered, trailing off and Myungsoo looked up at him curiously "But?" Sungjong shrugged. "I um... couldnt afford one." he spoke with hesitance, not really feeling comfterable with speaking about it like that. "Why didn't you tell me that befor christmas? I would have got you a nice one. " Myungsoo spoke and Sungjong grinned weakly, "I don't want things given to me, I want to work for them." He quietly admitted and Myungsoo sighed. that again. he just didnt understand him when it came to that, but even though the two of them were here now--still they were from two different world, Myungsoo felt like he was only making himself suffer, did he not think he was good enough to recieve things? Is that why he was that way? "Well how about you work for it then by letting me take pictures of you?" Myungsoo suggested, wondering if he can bend this in his favor.

Sungjong gave him a shifty look before pursing his lips together. "Why would you need pictures of me? Don't you see enough of me?" He questioned and Myungsoo grinned to himself, knowing that Sungjong would never simply just tell him a yes or a no. "Because I need a model." "Why not hire a pretty girl who's experienced? i've never taken a photo in my life besides selcas, family photos, and um...school pictures." Sungjong counter replied, "That doesnt matter, I want you. You're beautiful and handsome at the same time and I want to capture that beauty and keep it with me." Myungsoo finally spoke, being completely honest now--he wasn't so sure that was the right thing to do.

Sungjong looked away bashfully and tried to conceal a sheepish grin as he awkwardly scratched at his neck. "I guess thats fine then...You don't need to write me a poem though." Sungjong stubbornly spoke, even though it was obvious that he liked the answer he'd recieved. Myungsoo took a picture of this moment quickly and grinned, pleased that he'd gotten that to work in his favor. "Go get ready for the zoo, i'll go get Jaesun to tell your little sister we can all go if you want." He explained and Sungjong grinned, nodding. "Thank you hyung." he quietly spoke before going to pick a few things up and heading into the bathroom to shower.

===

 "Nii-chan are we gonna eat tiger and giraffe food?" Chiyo questioned loudly, placed on Sungjong's back and nearly choking the life out of him. "Chiyo please don't hold on so tightly." He muttered and she apologized, loosening her grip before repeating her question. "No Chii~" he patiently replied with a chuckle. "See I told you that was stupid." Jaesun muttered and Sungjong snorted, reaching over to pat the smaller boy's head. "We sort of eat the things they do..but um...We call them different things like steak and Salad." Sungjong explained calmly as Myungsoo smirked to himself as he patted the pouting boy on his back. "Oh my god look at that family there, so cute." "Wow, its so good to see couples who adopt." Sungjong's face turned bright red as he heard this and turned around quickly. "T-This is my little sister!!!" He stuttered quickly and Myungsoo couldnt help laughing and playing around with Sungjong by reaching for his hand in which Sungjong quickly snatched away in embaressment, huffing and stomping ahead inside.

"Nii-chan, Is Myung Oppa being mean again?" Chiyo questioned, resting her tiny head on his shoulder with a pout. Sungjong sighed and reached up to rub his face in frustration. "No Chii, Its okay." he spoke before  helping her down and holding her hand, shooting Myungsoo an annoyed look who only showed him a innocent dimpled smile. "What do you wanna see, you two?" Sungjong questioned before a voice cut him off and he turned to loud voice to see it was Sungyeol "Oh, hyung!" He greeted with a grin and Chiyo stared at him for a moment before grinning. "A giraffe got loose." she muttered and Sungjong snorted, trying to conceal his snickers with the others as he flattened down Chiyo's hair. "Well she's a cute one." Sungyeol added in with a chuckle and To Sungjong's suprise Jaesun went to sungyeols side and held onto the boy's hand. "Awh, Are you guys friends?" Sungjong questioned, smiling happily at the sight, Jaesun was either extremely shy or he was shielding that with being loud and obnoxious, so he was suprised by how quickly he simply went to Sungyeol's side. "Oh, yeah. Since Myungsoo and I are best friends since...forever, I know his family pretty well." He explained, swinging his arms a little bit.

"Why are you alone though, didn't you come with someone?" Sungjong questioned, frowning a bit and Sungyeol grinned a gummy grin, "I just came to see my giraffe bretheren" he teased, smiling down at Chiyo who giggled. "Well--Do you wanna come with us Hyung?" Sungjong asked, not noticing the annoyed look from Myungsoo who was staring hard at Sungyeol and Sungyeol only smiled large, "Of course, that sounds great!"  
Myungsoo sighed loudly as the group began to walk and sungyeol grinned a cheeky smile as he wrapped an arm around Myungsoo's shoulders. "Hey whats with that look?" He asked, smirking to himself and Myungsoo only shifted his eyes to the right, glaring at him. "Dont." He simply said, and Sungyeol eyesmiled, "Hmm? Don't what?" He hummed before quickening his pace to walk up with Sungjong and the two younger kids who were walking beside him.

Most of the day was fine and Sungjong blended in with the two six year olds as they stared in awe and spoke excitedly about animals. Myungsoo on the other hand was snapping pictures frequently of different things but most pictures were focused on Sungjong. "How many of those do you have in there?" Sungyeol muttered as he peeked over Myungsoo's shoulder as Myungsoo scrolled through the images. "Can you please not stand within at least 4 feet minimum of me?" He muttered coldy and Sungyeol clicked his tongue. "I came up with this idea and you're being grumpy." he muttered, lowering his voice a bit and Myungsoo rolled his eyes over to focus on him, an annoyed glare over his face. "A plan that I rejected but you are deciding to do anyway." Myungsoo corrected and Sungyeol's lips curled and reached over to hold hands with Myungsoo, lacing their fingers together. "Because its a good plan." Myungsoo looked annoyed but didn't push the other away as he sighed, loosely holding the other's hands.

Sungjong turned back at the moment and awkwardly watched before clearing his throat and scratching at the side of his head in slight embaressment. "Oh uhm...Sorry to..uh, interrupt anything but Did you guys want to have cotton candy too?" sungjong questioned with a grin, glancing to the laced fingers momentarily as his eyes awkardly moved to around. "Yep." Sungyeol replied with a smile and Sungjong nodded  "Can you watch these two for me? It'd be quicker If only I go and--" Myungsoo nodded and Sungjong grinned before jogging off to get it and Myungsoo sighed yanking his hand away now that Sungjong was away. "This is dumb, can you not?" he grumbled and Sungyeol pouted, "Tsk, You're no fun at all and you give up way too early." "because I'm not interested." Sungyeol sighed loudly and reconnected their hands once more.

Sungjong returned back happily, with a bag full of different coloured flavors and kneeled down near the younger one's to let them have a pick first before taking his choice of the pink one and handing the rest over to Sungyeol and Myungsoo before they started to walk on. "Do they have Penguins here?" Sungjong questioned aloud, pouting to himself as he looked back to the two holding hands; Myungsoo only shrugged and Sungjong sighed loudly before opening up the Zoo map and trying to see if he could locate it. "I wanna see a hippo!!!" Jaesun loudly spoke, looking up at Sungjong who nodded. "Thats close!" He spoke with a grin, leading the way. Sungyeol sighed and hummed loudly to himself in thought. "Can you think quietly please." Myungsoo quietly spoke with a sigh and Sungyeol grinned, "Can you not be a grumpy Ice prince? Tsk! You're only warm to Sungjong pfsh." Sungyeol grumbled, before grinning. "Ah!" he got the idea then, pulling Myungsoo ahead who looked annoyed to be dragged by the elder.

"I wanna see" Jaesun frowned and Sungjong hummed in thought before picking up the small boy and letting him sit on his shoulders, Jaesun seemed happy by this as Sungjong held onto his tiny hands to keep him from falling back. Sungjong kept a eye on Chiyo  who was a little farther down, looking at Elephants instead and copying them with her arm out infront of her and waving it from left to right eccentricly.  Soon after, he let jaesun down to go and join her and the two seemed to be bonding well and he chuckled, finally observing the Hippo's now because the two were in the company of each other. Sungjong pouted a bit, huffing quietly as he heard Sungyeol and Myungsoo speaking behind him and he felt sort of sad and annoyed. Sad because he kind of wished that Hoya was here so he didnt feel so out of place and annoyed because that playboy Kim Myungsoo must have invited him here to go on a date with Sungyeol. He didn't understand why he didn't just come alone with Sungyeol. It was akward with him lolling around with them. Even Chiyo and Jaesun were a pair that he seemed slightly out of the loop with.

 "Myung~" Sungyeol cooed and Sungjong rolled his eyes, "Gross." he muttered a little louder than he'd meant too. "What?" Sungyeol questioned and Sungjong laughed awkwardly. "The Hippo--he farted--there was a bubble in the water--" he quickly came up with Sungyeol laughed looking to see himself. Sungjong mentally grimaced at the dumb words he'd just put together. "We should go see the Koala's, they look like you!" Sungyeol snickered, looking at Myungsoo. Sungjong finally noticed his cold poker face had been back. He hadn't seen it much in the past few days. "Koala's are much cuter." Sungjong curtly replied and Sungyeol laughed, finding it humorous "He's clingy like them!" "Really?" Sungjong questioned, raising his eyebrows with a laugh as they walked to the younger kids and brought them along to go see the Koalas, "Maybe thats only with me though." Sungyeol muttered and Sungjong chuckled. "Probably so."  Sungyeol tilted his head some. "We've been friends since we were really little and We started dating in high school, but broke up for a little while." Sungyeol explained and Sungjong nodded, as if he was actually interested in hearing it. "Wow, i see. So thats how it is." he muttered thoughtfully.

Sungjong was able to enjoy most of the day despite feeling slightly left out and When the Zoo notified it was coming to a  close soon, the group headed back to the exit. "We didn't get to see the bugs yet!" Jaesun whined, dragging his feet; Chiyo visibly grimaced. "we are Lucky." she muttered and Sungjong chuckled, heading out of the Zoo. "You don't seem very curious about our relationship Sungjongie, aren't you two married now?" Sungyeol pressed on as they headed out and Sungjong Shrugged, "We arent like that. It was an arranged marriage basically." Sungjong explained and Sungyeol nodded slowly, looking over to Myungsoo who had his pocker face up, it was impossible to know what he felt at the moment.

"Well, I'll See you guys next time, thanks for inviting me!" He spoke, reluctantly letting go of Myungsoo's hand and leaning in kiss Myungsoo, head slightly tilted as they locked lips. It was a little too heated type of kiss and Sungjong found himself looking in annoyance before breaking his gaze from watching and brought the kids (who luckily weren't paying attention to the makeout session beside them) to the car before getting in himself. Attempting not to slam the door as he sat in the car. Those two were just rubbing it in now--he was angry. Sungjong furiously rubbed and wiped at his lips with the back of his hand as if to wash away germs as he sat there. Myungsoo was a playboy, how many people had he kissed besides him? He should get himself checked. Alot of things were annoying him now, and he let his mind go over those topics as he pursed his lips in annoyance, looking out the window quietly throughout the ride back.

Sungjong was quiet for the rest of the day and Myungsoo noticed it. Maybe Sungyeol's plan had worked--but he wasn't so sure he wanted to deal with Sungjong when he was moody because of whatever he did.  When it was his fault, Sungjong always made sure Myungsoo knew And felt that he was the scum of the earth. Around when they would rest, Sungjong quietly read--still up with the silent treatment and Myungsoo was starting to dread it. "Are you alright?" Myungsoo asked and Sungjong flipped the page he was reading stoicly. "Yep, Just fine." he replied calmly and Myungsoo stared at him for a minute, Sungjong sat unwaivered though, continuing to read. Myungsoo reached over, pulling the book from Sungjong's fingers. "You're upset." Sungjong sighed and finally turned his head to look at him--even if it was a glare. "If anything, i'm upset because you won't let me freaking read my book." Sungjong grumbled, reaching for it and Myungsoo moved it from Sungjong's grasp. "I'll give it back if you tell me why you're upset." "I'm not!" Sungjong grumbled reaching for it and missing it by just a centimeter as Myungsoo moved it from his path  and sighing. "Is it because of that kiss?" Myungsoo questioned and Sungjong rolled his eyes, "Why would I be upset over that?" Sungjong harshly spat and Myungsoo shrugged, "I dont know. You tell me, Sungjong." Sungjong only glared and him in annoyance, "I wouldn't be upset because of some playboy  because thats just what your type does." "So thats why you're upset...." Myungsoo muttered and Sungjong narrowed his eyes in disugst. "What are you talking about?" He grumbled, "That kiss didn't mean anything, Sungjong" Sungjong only scoffed. "See. Spoken like a true playboy."

Myungsoo sighed and rubbed at his eyebrows with his thumb and index finger in a stressed fashion. "There's nothing going on between us." "Doesnt look that way to me." Sungjong snapped and Myungsoo sighed, "Sungyeol and I stopped dating years ago...really." Sungjong shrugged. "I really don't care." Sungjong carelessly spoke reaching for the book again and successfully snatching it from him this time. "Look! You bent the spine!" Sungjong spoke angrily, looking at the book with a saddened expression. "This is Seohyun Sunbae's book." he murmured with a sigh as he got up to place some heavier books on top of it in an attempt to return it straight once more. Maybe he was jealous...okay, he was, but he had a right to be.

It wasn't fair to him. not in the least bit. He was forced to marry him, not able to be with the person he actually likes, and had his first kiss stolen by Myungsoo along with many other kisses--and even through all this mess that he's put him throught, he wants to be a playboy and call up ex-lovers and flaunt them in front of him and expect him to just say nothing? Sungjong scoffed, He couldn't believe the audacity of him. Sure he could be jealous, angry, pissed the hell off and it didnt have to be cause he liked him--and he was positive that he didnt, absolute for sure. How could anyone like someone like that? He could barely believe that he'd believed any of the things or actions that Myungsoo had said to him. This sittuation--It was simply him being upset because Myungsoo had no respect for him, was a lier, a player, manipulator. He felt nothing for him and That was what he believed.

"Jongie--" "Don't you 'Jongie' me." Sungjong growled, annoyed as he picked up a few things, he could get better reading done in the library where a Kim Myungsoo was not present. "Hyung, how long have we been, 'Married' for?" Sungjong questioned, emphasising the sarcasm on the married part as he collected books and Myungsoo sighed. "Its almost been a month." "And how much longer is it till we can end this?" Sungjong questioned and Myungsoo went quiet, Sungjong only gave him a stern look to force him to reply. "Two months." He reluctantly said and Sungjong nodded. "Great, I'll remember that." he muttered, picking up his books before heading out and stopping at the door just momentarily "And another thing, I dont understand why you didn't just marry Sungyeol instead of dragging me down with you? but I'm pretty sure the person doesnt even matter for you, really." he spoke spitefully as he left,slamming the door behind him and Myungsoo sighed loudly, picking up his phone.

"Yo--" "Thanks to you we got into another fight." Myungsoo spoke with annoyances, "Thats great Myungsoo!" Myungsoo sighed loudly, "How is that great?" "That means he is jealous, stupid." Myungsoo pursed his lips. "I think its more that he thinks I played with him."  Myungsoo grumbled in annoyances. "Still, he probably wouldn't care unless there was some sort of emotion there." Myungsoo was reluctant to listen to Sungyeol and hummed stoicly. "Really, kissing me like that was over the top Hyung." Sungyeol only laughed. "It worked though--Look I gotta go, i'm busy right now, byyeee!"

Myungsoo stared angrily at the phone as if it was sungyeol and tossed it elsewhere and ran a hand  through his jetblack hair;wondering how in the world he was going to fix this. To his own fault   he was to blame as well for kissing Sungyeol back.  Interrupted in his thoughts a phone tone's melody filled the room momentarily. Myungsoo sighed, searching for it before coming across it and picking up Sungjong's phone.

SMS;; -- From Hoya Hyung

We're coming back a few days early because Hojun got food poisioning~
I really missed you. TT


Myungsoo rolled his eyes and controlled himself from deleting the message and simpply marked it as unread before putting it down. he didn't want to get caught and have yet another, fight with Sungjong. The fact that Hoya had a heart next to his name was slightly ticking Myungsoo off as well.
Any progress he'd made with Sungjong was probably down the toilet and Hoya would be the one to solidify that With this his return.
Just as he thought that things were good, going in his favor--  things quickly went south.