XⅢ

The Hired Help

 


After waiting it out a few hours, they headed on their way home and the weather had cleared down some but not completely gone. Sungjong was wide awake and on edge, quietly sitting in his seat."Whats up with you?" Myungsoo questioned, halfway through and Sungjong glanced from the corner of his eye but not fully looking at him as he shuffled uncomfortably in his seat. "Nothing." He muttered softly and Myungsoo sighed, going quiet himself as he tried to think about why it was that Sungjong was suddenly giving him the silent treatment, what had he done? He honestly couldn't think of a thing and thats what bothered him most. "Whatever I did to make you pissed I'm sorry, okay?" He muttered before Sungjong sighed and fiinally sat back into his seat. "You didn't do anything.." He reassured just as quietly and Myungsoo frowned "Then why're you all.. like that" He spoke and Sungjong let out a quiet breathe puff through his nostrils, deciding not to answer that question. "Sungjong--" "Im just--!" Sungjong's voice came out louder than he wanted it too, "I'm just..thinking. I just wanna be quiet." he spoke in the softer tone now and Myungsoo  sighed,  adhereing to his wishes.

Sungjong was just a jumble of emotions right now. He couldn't believe what it was he was considering in his mind right now either; Of course he didnt think anything of Myungsoo...but he admitted to himself that he felt more comfortable around Myungsoo earlier than with hoya and that thought scared him. Of course it was before he knew it wasn't hoya, but shouldnt that make it worse? Sungjong sighed and closed his eyes, bringing a hand up to press as his right temple on the side of his head, massaging it. Definately it was nothing. It didn't have anything to do with anything. He was just thinking too much. All of that before was a misunderstanding, a mistake.

Sungjong quietly sat in his spot and watched the cars, objects, buildings go by. Something about taking a car ride always calmed him down and lulled him into a sleep on a normal basis and he rubbed his eyes, fighting to stay awake and combined with this he felt a bit off; head heavy, hot but then cold the next minute. He let out a troubled sigh, today really was not his day.  "If you need to sleep just sleep." Myungsoo's started him and he jumped slightly in suprise at the voice. "Sorry. I'm just saying we still have an hour of drive." Myungsoo softly spoke. He was talking to him in such a soft voice and Sungjong sighed, turning his head to gaze and Myungsoo finally. Feeling the round doe-like eyes on him, Myungsoo glanced at him curiously but continued his drive on the road, Focusing--but wondering why it was Sungjong was looking at him, Especially after hours of avoiding his gaze. "Myungsoo Hyung." He could tell from Sungjong's voice that the boy would probably fall asleep any minute now. He chuckled under his breathe. "Hm?" he hummed in response. "Why do you like me?" Sungjong asked, rubbing at his eyes to keep himself awake but this only made him more tired.

Myungsoo seemed taken by suprise at the question. "Uh--...I dunno, i've never actually thought about the why." he muttered, "You..You're...you?" Myungsoo tried explain. He'd never really been good at words, especially when put on the spot like this; he'd never really thought about it. "You're...Different from everyone else. You're interesting and I..Don't get bored looking at you, being around you." Myungsoo slowly spoke as he tried to come with some words and Sungjong nodded slowly, eyes drooping as he fought back a yawn. Myungsoo's reason and Hoya's reason were very different. "Hmm..." Sungjong muttered quietly as he let out a deep sigh. Myungsoo glanced over at him for a second to see he'd fallen asleep and Myungsoo narrowed his eyes at he looked ahead to the road. Really, what was that about? That was a odd question for Sungjong to ask him.

---

Because they were low on gas, Myungsoo didn't turn the hot air on and decided to drive just a little faster to get home instead. Filling the gastank some as he got home, he turned the hot air up but it was a short lived luxury as they arrived the mansion once more. Myungsoo got out and went to the other door to Wake up Sungjong. The Rush of the cold air made him whine and squirm. "We're here Sungjong" Myungsoo spoke, shaking Sungjong's arm in attempt to wake him up. "Its too cold." he muttered stubbornly as Myungsoo sighed and tried to think of an alternate way to get him out. When the idea struck him, he wondered if it would work, kneeling down with his backside to Sungjong. "Climb on, lets go in." Myungsoo patiently suggested and Sungjong hesitated but slowly pressed his body against Myungsoo's and wrapped his arms over his shoulders, holding on loosely as Myungsoo slowly lifted him, locking his arms around Sungjong's knees to hold him up before closing the door and heading inside.  Sungjong seemed tense as first but he eventually rested in and leaned comfortably on him, closing his eyes once more as they headed up stairs.  "And you called me the five year old." Myungsoo murmured under his breathe as the two made their way into the room, letting his legs free to lay him down but Sungjong's grasp held on tighter. "What?" Myungsoo questioned and in response Sungjong let go of him, resting into the bed and rubbing his eyes; moving his legs to rid of his shoes. One thing about not sleeping fully through the night meant taking cat naps throughout the day; It didnt help that he wasn't feeling so hot either. Maybe the lack of sleep was messing with his tolerance to cold, he rarely got sick, but he felt dizzy and light headed now.

"I'm cold." Sungjong muttered quietly after letting him go and Myungsoo chuckled, "I'll just--" Turning to go turn the heater on but was stopped when Sungjong grasped at the hem of his shirt. "Ani..." Sungjong muttered with a deep breath, he seemed barely awake as he tugged down on his shirt to beckon him closer and Myungsoo was curious but followed the direction and laid down beside him with Sungjong's sleepy guidance.  He was in definate awe and confusion when he laid down. Sungjong turned and Snuggled in beside him for warmth.  Was he awake? Was this a dream? Myungsoo hesitated for a minute, wondering if he should touch the boy or not--slowly bringing his arms around Sungjong; one around his slim waist, another--Sungjong rested his head into his forearm and Myungsoo curled it back, slowly threading his fingers through the brown locks--brushing at his scalp. Sungjong suprised himself At this motion by sighing softly-- nearly inaudibly in comfort, relaxing and leaning into the warm embrace of Myungsoo. A curiousity that he satisfied to answer his questions--he was comfortable like this...Comfortable in Myungsoo's arms; but that didnt have to exactly mean anything--Or thats what he told himself; really his brain was all jumbled at the moment and he couldn't come up with any answers or any assumptions--excuses--none at this moment.  

Myungsoo himself was actually pretty confused on how this was happening right now but he didn't complain and enjoyed the moment, it probably was a one time deal; Sungjong curled up and snuggled besides him--in his arms. Really it didnt seem real that the same boy who had once told him to not touch him was so close, arm around him while the other gently grasped at the front fabric of his shirt--soft breaths tickling his neck. Reaching to feel his forehead, he figured maybe it was this--he felt kind of warm? Maybe a fever was running up for him? In response to these thoughts, he realized that Sungjong was shivvering slightly and Myungsoo responded by pulling him tighter into his embrace to share some of his warmth.

Christmas eve was today, maybe he was getting a early christmas present, he chuckled quietly as this thought came to mind. Of course interrupted by a low humming of Sungjong's phone vibrating on the stand next to the bed. Myungsoo sighed as Sungjong stirred in his sleep. Myungsoo attempted to reach over and grab it. Seeing it was Hoya he quickly pressed the ignore button and frowned to himself. Seriously he wished that Hoya would just go away sometimes, but he was also his friend so he didnt mean it that much, but he wished that it was only him after Sungjong. That was a wish that would go unanswered though, You don't find people like Sungjong very often, it wasn't shocking that people were also interested.

"Hyung." Sungjong breathed out suddenly and Myungsoo nearly jumped, how long had he been awake--well he sounded barely awake. "Yeah?" He questioned just as quietly as Sungjong slowly blinked, looking through dazed eyes up at him before looking behind him and letting out a deep breathe, rolling back. into the comfort of Myungsoo once more. "I feel...feel...gross." he muttered to himself and Myungsoo snorted quietly, Sungjong seemed to be rolling in and out of consciousness. "I'm not doctor but it looks likeee maybe you caught a cold or something." He muttered, ceasing the attentive fingers that were smoothing and threading through his hair moments ago since Sungjong was awake.

Sungjong breathed out another sigh before sitting up slowly and then letting out a pained moan as he clutched his head. "Agh...This ." he muttered before laying back down for a second and then curling back into the safety of the warmth beside him. "Its--..Its cold in here, don't think anything else." he breathed out quietly. Myungsoo wanted to say something about turning the heater on, but he figured he'd rather not waste this rare oppurtunity.

Once Sungjong had fallen back asleep, he slipped from beside him slowly and pulled the blankets over him before getting another and placing it over him--going out of the room as quietly as he could. Who should he ask? Looking around to the other maids, he spotted his older sister and contemplated it if he could talk to her. She must have noticed him staring at her because she turned and stared back, just for a moment before reluctantly walking over "Did you need something?" She asked in the most kindest voice but he could hear a hint of dislike in her voice, and he didnt blame her. In her sittuation She probably felt the same as Sungjong did. "Your brother's sick. I think he's starting to get a fever if he doesnt have one already." He spoke clearly and strongly but he actually felt nervous to speak to her. She was a strong woman and she had a aura about her that definately was easily spotted--One that clearly said 'Don't mess with me.'

Minyoung seemed to drop all annoyances to him and quickly went into the room to check. Myungsoo followed behind but kept a fair distance, leaning on the doorframe as he watched Minyoung sit beside her brother and let him rest his head in her lap--muttering somethings to him as he painfully nodded his head. After a moment of speaking she got up and headed over to him. "He'll be fine. It looks like a cold like you said, he just probably got a little bit of too much the cold air and his tempurature raised up. don't leave that window open." Minyoung spoke, directing to the open window. Myungsoo hadn't even seen that before, "Alright." he spoke before she turned to leave and sighed before turning back "And also.." Minyoung looked over to Sungjong to make sure he was asleep and stepped in closer to him.

"I know you're my 'boss' sort of--but, I dont know if you really like--love--whatever, my little brother or not..but just--treat him well, okay? I'm older than you, and I won't scold you on some of the things I've heard you've done--but, Sungjong seems tough but he's actually having a hard time. Go easy on him, Please." Her voice sounded almost like she was begging him and Myungsoo glanced over to Sungjong momentarily before nodding slowly. "Good, I'll be back with some medicine to give him. I can't stay because I have cleaning to do. Since youre his...um.." She cleared a bit. "His..'Husband'-- you take care of him." She added in jokingly almost, but also she was stressing on the point for him to not give him a hard time--to take care of him. Myungsoo nodded, fighting a grin at the fact that Sungjong's sister acknowledged him as his husband and She snorted at this response, grinning a half grin before leaving the room.

 Myungsoo went over to sit on the bed again and Sungjong moved to give him some space. "You're okay?" Myungsoo questioned a bit with a chuckle. Sungjong slowly nodded twice in responce. "I've been sick before...i'm not a baby.." He quietly murmured, seeming to start coming back to his senses and Myungsoo smirked to himself, 'Stubborn even when he's half out of his wits.'
Minyoung returned soon after and brought him the medicine and Myungsoo  had Sungjong sit up and take it; he did obidently despite the disgruntled face he pulled as he swallowed it down--Myungsoo laughed quietly at his and Sungjong frowned, pouting to himself. It was cute. He always wanted to get his camera and take pictures of it, but he was sure that would make Sungjong upset. Now that Sungjong knew how he felt though, he hadn't much to loose and was much more straightforward.

It was quiet for a moment before Sungjong spoke again, picking at the hem of the pillow cases awkwardly, peeking up to see Myungsoo was staring at him and he frowned stubbornly, looking back down. It was always a rare sight to see Lee Sungjong looking vulnerable so openly--This definately was the effects of being sick; despite all his attempts to act tough, he could see him clearly at this moment. "You don't care about getting sick from me?" Sungjong questioned quietly, his voice was weak. "When I was sick, you took care of me." Myungsoo countered, raising an eyebrow and Sungjong grinned to himself, "I didnt have a choice then." he stubbornly replied and myungsoo snorted, That wasn't entirely true but he wasn't going to fight with him. "Thank you.." Sungjong muttered quietly after a moment of silence and Myungsoo smirked. "Say it one more time?" Sungjong sighed, rolling his eyes and laying down slowly, turning away from him and ignoring his wishes. Myungsoo couldnt help to laugh from this action.

The next morning, Sungjong was feeling better but was still recovering some. Minyoung demanded that he stay inside and Myungsoo found this to be another blessing because that meant more time to spend with Sungjong and less time for him to spend it with Hoya. He didn't care if he was being selfish or not. After yesterday and having him close like that, in his arms--that only made him want him more. He'd previously backed off a bit, but he knew now that he couldnt do that. Didn't want to do that. He wanted Sungjong all to himself, and if he learned one thing in these months of knowing Sungjong--He wasn't going to do that by trying to distance him from Hoya, That probably made it worse honestly. No, he'd have to try something else.

 


A/N; Slightly shorter chapter because--well, its Just a bunch of fluff here~! (and I had a bit of writers block > 3 <;;) Actually this story is coming to a close soon, just a handful or (two handfuls idk?) more of chapters maybe? but dont worry--there should be  more sweet/fluffy moments in here before actually ending it ^^/