XVIII

The Hired Help

 

Waking up, Sungjong let his eyes roll to the sides, left--right. They were so heavy.
He was rested to the side of Myungsoo and he sighed quietly as he looked up at him to see him asleep. Sungjong  pouted slightly to himself, studying his face before trailing his eyes down to his neck and trailing a finger over the marks gently before shaking his head with a sigh. "You love me, Huh?" he muttered quietly to himself before getting up slowly and going to take a long shower. Once he changed and came out, Myungsoo was starting to wake up. Sungjong didnt say a thing and acted normally despite the fact that he didn't say a word and left the room soon after to avoid having to talk to Myungsoo.

All of them were coming together for the new years party at dongwoo's hotel, so Sungjong make the choice to go early with Hoya instead. "You're okay Sungjong?" Sungjong smiled and nodded, still keeping his quiet disposition until they'd parked. "Hyung, I think maybe I only like you as a Hyung." he finally said after some time and Hoya stayed quiet for sometime, opening and closing his mouth but when he had nothing left over to say, he sighed. "Why do you think that Jongie?" Sungjong had a frown over his face, it was hard to do this. "You're not really affectionate with me so I-- ...If I really do think that way I wanted you to know--not get lead on." Hoya nodded slowly taking this into thought, "Thats the only reason why, right?" Hoya suddenly asked and Sungjong blinked before nodding slowly. "Alright." He spoke, ruffling Sungjong's hair, maybe he was going to try harder? Thats what it seemed like at most.

Sungjong joined Hoya at work for most of this time and when everyone arrived, they stopped and joined them. Sitting in the group. Sungjong sat next to Hoya and Sungjong was test tasting every bit of food and sweet thing there. "You're gonna get sick." Hoya muttered and Sungjong turned to smile at him with a bright and innocent look before continuing to pick off small pieces. Hoya laughed at this. "You left your phone yesterday." Sungyeol mumbled, passing it to Myungsoo and Sungjong quietly grinned bitterly. Of course. He hesitated for a moment, but he continued eatng as if he hadn't been phased by the words.

 Myungsoo realized it and kept his eyes on Sungjong, quietly cursing himself. After a few moments Sungjong got up to go to the bathroom and escape for just a few moments and Myungsoo made an excuse that he'll get food but followed quick behind him. "Hurryyyy the countdowns happening soon." Woohyun called after. Reaching the bathroom, he saw Sungjong leaving a stall before locking the two of them inside. "Sungjong--" he started and Sungjong bit back a sigh, going to wash his hands.  He actially hadn't gone but only sat around, pondering--thinking, letting steam off. Myungsoo advanced on him and grasped Sungjong's arm--suprised with how quickly he snatched his arm back. "About yesterday--" "I dont wanna hear it." Sungjong quickly spoke in the most stoic tone. "But--" "I don't care." Sungjong continued "Sungjong--" Sungjong then turned to him. "Do you wanna get punched?" he asked before walking around him "I went to Sungyeol's house." Myungsoo quickly admitted as Sungjong had rested his hands on the knob. "I know." Sungjong blankly replied and Myungsoo sighed going over to move Sungjong from the door, to the wall beside it so they could talk.

 "He said he had a problem, but it turns out that he likes me again." Sungjong listened, stubbornly staring holes into Myungsoo who stayed strong and kept explaining himself. "and so...things got out of hand and we--" Sungjong rolled his eyes. "You know, the part that makes me upset is that you said there was nothing between you." Myungsoo sighed. "I thought that too but..maybe, still a little bit--" he started and Sungjong turned to leave now before Myungsoo stopped him with his arm blocking the way. "We didn't..didn't actually do anything. I stopped him before we went all the way." Myungsoo spoke and Sungjong scoffed, glaring at him as he shook his head slowly, eyes narrowed--at a loss of words for a few moments.

 "Youre disgusting." Sungjong spat, shoving Myungsoo away. "You think you telling me that is gonna make it better?!" he yelled, Shoving him again and Myungsoo quietly took it, he knew he'd messed up. "I'm sorry." Myungsoo murmured and Sungjong laughed again at this apology."Really? You're sorry?" Sungjong questioned sarcasticly and Myungsoo slowly nodded. "Right." Sungjong replied in disbelief. "And how far did you go until you realized that you were an ?" Sungjong questioned and Myungsoo opened his mouth willing to answer it. Sungjong quickly raised his hand. "Dont." he muttered, angrily before sighing and turning to the shuffle in his anger before returning his gaze to him. "I shouldn't be suprised, I knew it already. I knew it." He muttered aloud, moreso to himself than to Myungsoo. "I can't believe I actually...." Sungjong trailed off before scoffing to himself.

 "I told Sungyeol that I felt something for you and couldn't do what we were doing anymore. he understood and let me go." Sungjong sighed, rubbing at his temples. "If you've done it once, who's to say you can't do it again? You said there is something there just now. So which is it? You don't feel anything or you feel something!?" "I was confused Sungjong." Myungsoo tried to reason and Sungjong laughed bitterly. "Confused?!" he shouted in disbelief, "Really, you Myungsoo." he spoke, completely done with this conversation as he left out, leaving Myungsoo to deal with himself as he returned back to the group, sitting as if nothing had  happened earlier. "I got lost." Sungjong muttered and Dongwoo laughed "Silly." he cooed as Sungjong grinned, playing it off and leaning onto Hoya for some sort of support. He wasn't going to explain what happened to anyone, and definately not Hoya--but the Strong arm that comfortingly wrapped around his shoulder made him feel better.

It took Myungsoo a while to come back but when he did it was overshadowed by the beginning up the countdown for the new year.

When everything had died down and the excitement settled, everyone started heading back, bidding their goodbyes. "Hyung can I stay over tonight?" Sungjong asked as he left with Hoya, who nodded curiously. Myungsoo only sighed mentally cursing himself as he overheard the words, but said nothing, did nothing.

"Why do you wanna come over Sungjong?" Hoya asked as the two sat into the car. "I just dont wanna go home and have to deal with Kim Myungsoo." he explained and Hoya nodded, understanding as they drove off, heading back.

When Hoya showed him to his room, He lingered for a while, leaning against a wall. "So..Its Myungsoo isn't it?" Hoya questioned and Sungjong looked at him curiousity as he stopped what he was doing. "Huh?" "You like Myungsoo don't you?" Sungjong sighed, "What makes you think that Hyung?" he questioned and Hoya shrugged. "I have a feeling and when I have them, They're almost always right." he explained and Sungjong sighed. "Maybe." Sungjong admitted and Hoya took a deep breath, nodding. "But that's not why I told you what I said today." He explained, in a soft voice. "I really feel that way." "So what is your relationship with Myungsoo?" Hoya questioned, pressing a bit. "The real question is about his relationship with Sungyeol." Sungjong added with a laugh. Hoya furrowed his eyes, "What?" he muttered, thinking that those two had broken up a long while ago. "Look." Sungjong spoke, as he crawled into the bed and pulled the covers over him, sitting up. "Think over how you feel about me hyung." Sungjong firmly spoke, "If you really like me--and not just as a dongsaeng--" "Alright." Hoya muttered, cutting him off--Understanding what he was getting at before sighing deeply "I'll tell you when I'm for sure." He muttered before bidding him goodnight and heading out of the room.

--

Sungjong came home early the next day, to Myungsoo was sitting up, watching TV, almost irritably. Going to grab knew clothes he headed into the restroom and showered, changinh into fresh clothes before coming out and picking up a few books to go read elsewhere. "Sungjong." Myungsoo spoke finally. Sungjong was attempting to ignore the eyes that were following his move constantly since he came into the room. "Did you not sleep?" Sungjong questioned, before reminding himself why he shouldnt care. "No, I couldn't." he muttered and Sungjong Shrugged nonchalantly, making his leave. "hey!" Myungsoo called after and Sungjong sighed, coming back into the room. "What?" he answered impatiently. "At Hoya's house...You didn't..?" Myungsoo questioned and Sungjong scoffed. "Really?" He questioned in disbelief that Myungsoo would even ask him that. "No. i don't just sleep with whoever for the heck of it Myungsoo. You and I are different people." He snapped, causing Myungsoo to looked slightly ashamed. Sungjong felt a bit of pride from this. Myungsoo deserved whatever was coming to him.

Myungsoo sighed though, after he left. He hadn't been able to relax--thinking on and on about what might possibly be happening over there. He knew that he wasn't one to talk but he could relax now, finally getting to rest.

The following Month and a half was stale. School came back and Spring started up and it ultimately felt like everything was back to how it was before the break. Sungjong hating him and avoiding him as once before. The only difference of things now was that he could tell that Sungjong didn't hate him, Instead it was that he was angry, annoyed, hurt. In reality, Sungjong still liked him, but Myungsoo backed off--paying for what he'd done by letting his grasp on Sungjong slip. It was like torture, for the both of them actually. For some others too. Once during sometime, there was a awkward moment between them while Woohyun was present and Woohyun basically told them to stop being stubborn and date already. Sungjong nonchalantly played it off as he didn't know what he was talking about before leaving them.

"So..." Sungyeol quietly murmured at him and Myungsoo walked to get something to eat after their classes ended for that day. "How are things with Sungjongie?" he questioned, "Bad." Myungsoo simply said and Sungyeol sighed. "Really, honestly, I didn't know that he felt anything. He kept acting like it was nothing so I just figured that I--" "I know, its fine, you don't have to prove yourself, I get it. It was my fault too." he muttered as he paid for his food and went to sit elsewhere with him. "What I dont understand is why you havent done anything about it though." Sungyeol muttered, putting his own feelings aside. "Sungyeol--" "No seriously Myungsoo. Not saying it'll be easy-- but if he really does like you, he'll come around eventually...but you're not putting any effort. You keep this up and he'll fall for Hoya again or something. You really want that?" Sungyeol questioned and Myungsoo sighed, not really wanting to hear it. "Myungsoo!" Sungyeol called and Myungsoo looked at him, growing annoyed already. " I'm serious." He spoke firmly, dropping his usual amiable tone and replacing it with a strong one.

Myungsoo only sighed. "Yeah yeah." he muttered "And how do I make him forgive me for that?" He asked, slightly with doubt. Sungyeol shrugged. "I dont know! You're the one who has to fix it, not me." Myungsoo sighed, "Thanks." he replied dryly, Using his silence to think as the two ate. Sungyeol had a point--just sitting around and acting like nothing was wrong isn't going to help anything, but what could he do to make things better? Was that even possible? And now it wasn't very long until the two months were over. He was sure that Sungjong was eagerly awaiting the moment. "Maybe I should just let him go, our times almost up anyway." Myungsoo spoke in a melancholy tone and Sungyeol sighed. " You're an idiot." he muttered and Myungsoo glared at him "What?" he snapped and Sungyeol sighed louder. "I think If I was in Sungjong's spot, I wouldn't want you to just run away and say 'its probably for the best'. Even if things don't work out, at least try. Thats the best you can do." Myungsoo pursed his lips at this, nothing left to say.

 

 


A/N; Sorry for the shorter chapters lately, but that means they come faster ^^/
plus i feel like if I was to squish all of these into a big big chapter it wouldn't have the same feel/effect/shock, you know~?