The Hired Help

"Suuuuungjong!" A voice cooing his name sweetly, recognizing the voice--Sungjong curled over on his side and muttered something to himself."LEE SUNGJONG!" 
Sungjong Peeked out of one eye momentarily at the sound of his eldest sister's loud voice. The curtains harshly opened and he let out a loud and pitiful whine, shriveling away in the opposite direction. "Get up drama queen!" She exclaimed dragging the boy out by his foot and like a child, he whined once more and attempted to crawl his way back into the comfort of his bed.  Why did he stay up late? he should have forced himself to sleep, He was so exhausted. Even after landing on the floor in a loud thud, he curled up, arms crossed around him as he fought in an attempt to sleep again and his sister sighed angrily. Leaving momenteraily and returning with a cup of water from the sink and splashing him with it before a yelp resonated from him. "Noona!!!!" he whined and howled in annoyance. "your clothes are on the couch out in there after you shower, your phone is in there ontop and we've already programmed important numbers inside." Sungjong sniffled pitifully and wiped the remnants of water from his face, pretending as if he was seriously hurt over the fact that Minyoung had thrown a cup of cold water into his face.  Minyoung didnt budge an inch--knowing that her brother was just fine. "GET. UP." She grumbled before she headed out of the room leaving the boy to reluctantly sit up and sniffle to himself.

The shower replaced the cold feeling of the water and he felt refreshed afterwards. Staring at himself in the mirror, he frowned--The bruises were beginning to fade but still were visible. How much longer till they were gone? He felt annoyed having to hide them all the time--having to re-live the torture that he'd once lived on a daily basis day to day. "its behind me now.." he muttered, repeated to himself as he let his hand brush over a mark, still slightly tender to the touch. Truthfully inside, he was not as strong as he seemed. The boy with a shell around him at all points liike a crab--a turtle, hiding away from the reality of the things surrounding them. That timid but bubbly boy he once was still resided, but the facade of this new courageous and strong boy helped him push forward--Helped him survive. Most of what had actually hapened to him behind those walls, lay a secret between him and those who inhabited it.

Placing his phone to the side--he put on his clothes and buttoned the clean white dress shirt up to his neck before picking up the tye and looking at it with wonder. How did you do these? Did he have to use these everyday? Why so formal? He sighed and put his tye down before pulling on the jacket, a navy colour with white border--embroidered with the golden symbol logo of the school. It was too much, did they wear all these clothes even in the warm seasons too? Sungjong couldnt help but sigh at the overwhelming changes. Grasping the tye and peeking his head out to see if he could see anyone that could assist him, he peered out to the left before inching out a tiny bit and turning his head around, only to be matched with the face that he wished wasnt growing to be so familiar. "Can you sTOP doing that!?" Sungjong nearly shouted as he glared at Myungsoo who seemed to be amused with getting under the boys skin anytime he could. "Why are you looking suspicious again?" he questioned, smirk still present over his face. Sungjong had such an urge to punch him so much at this moment--maybe that would remove that dumb look on his face? He wished he could. "The only suspicious one here is you! Why are you always behind me!" He grumbled as he stood up straight, pointing at him acussingly with the tye dangling from his balled hand. Myungsoo eyed the other over for a moment before dryly chuckling. "You dont even know how to tie a tye?" Myungsoo teased before Sungjong glared, lips twitching slightly as he kept himself from saying anything, doing anything (Like punching him in his stupid face.) and quickly slammed the door closed in his face, the door rattling on its frame from the shock of the slam.

Sungjong's anger had been building up and up since he got here and he really really had the urge to punch something as he paced the room, trying to calm his anger.  A innocent and unsuspecting teddybear of Chiyo's in the corner was his victim as he laid punches to it. "Oh you dont know how to tie a tye?" He muttered to himself, mimicing the voice before punching it, "You're my butler now." Punch. "You work for me." Punch. "I think i'm better than everyone because im rich, but in reality i'm as important as one. small. speck. of dust. in this huge. dumb. stupid. mansion!!!" He continued punching before A horrified squeak interrupted him. Turning his head to the origin of the sound, there was Chiyo, rushing over to protect her abused bear. "Nii-chan!" She shouted and Sungjong's eyes widened as he let go of the bear. "I..S-sorry." he muttered, before she pouted angrily at him and dashed off, protectively holding the teddybear in her grasp.

Sungjong sighed, running a hand through his hair as he watched after her.

---

After eating, one of the maids assisted him with tying it and he thanked them kindly with a grin. She seemed to be suprised at the words of gratitude and smiled warmly at him. As he put on his shoes and fastened his backpack--he wondered if that word was foreign here; did no one ever say 'thank-you'?

For some reason that idea didn't suprise him.

Luckily enough, their ride pulled around and it was not a limo. A fancy car, but not a limo. This was acceptable--even though apparently from what he was told, they will be picked up by one after school..maybe he would just skip out on that part somehow? Chiyo refused to look at him as they all moved into the car and Sungjong sighed as Sayuri fixed her seatbelt and then Chiyo's. "What did you do? Shes so upset." Sayuri whispered as Sungjong  closed his eyes momentarily before whispering back reluctantly "I got angry and she saw me hitting her teddy, Kyosei-sama..." Sayuri found this to be slightly comical as she placed a hand over that nearly silenced her quiet giggles.

"So you guys are Japanese?" Sumin asked, her long hair--made up in a bun and she carelessly reached up to perfect the shape even if it looked exactly the same the first time and the second. Sungjong had no want or need to speak so Sayuri decided too. "Our mother was korean and our father was japanese." She calmly replied, "Why is your last name Lee then?" Myungsoo then questioned and Sungjong face twitched with annoyance as he peered out the window. No, he hadn't done or said anything wrong--Sungjong just hated him. It was as simple as that.

"Our parents wanted us to understand both our heritages and so we kept the Korean last names and were given japanese ones." Sayuri answered all of their questions in a soft, warm voice. Sungjong sometimes wondered how Sayuri was always so kind to everyone she met. "Isn't his name Sungjoe or something?" Myungsoo muttered before Sungjong turned his attention to him, glaring holes into his freshly ironed uniform. "Sung.Jong." he harshly enunciated and Myungsoo shrugged with disinterest while Sumin rolled her eyes at her brothers ignorance, Sayuri chuckled softly. "Sungjong oppa and Minyoung Eonni were born in korea but our parents had moved to Japan when Chiyo and I where born. So this is why we have Dominant japanese names. Chiyo's korean name is CheungAe, Mine is YunAe." Sumin nodded with recognition as she took in the words. "So what happened to them? Your parents--Where are they?" Sumin questioned, "Shouldnt they be here with you?" Sayuri was tensing up besides him, a sensitive subject. "Mommy and Daddy are Angels now!" Chiyo clearly answered for her, "They're helping Jesus."
Sumin looked suprised for a second, her round lips closed after opening them momentarily. The car seemed to go silent for some time afterwards.

Loud and repetitive kicking sound were heard in thuds against the car seat and Sungjong glanced across and over to see the smallest boy kicking his feet in an annoying fashion. "Jae!" Sumin grumbled, growing impatient of his actions and the boy only continued, ignoring her as if he hadn't heard her. Sumin sighed loudly a pulled out a lollipop from her pocket and handed it to him. The large mishcevious grin that covered his face revealed that he'd been doing that annoying act for that sole prize in itself. Yep. A brat. Sungjong thought to himself, confirming his earlier assumptions.

The only sounds were the wirring sound of the car and the hushed words of Chiyo who was proudly showing off her new school supplies to Sayuri who listened eagerly and fed into her excitement. Sungjong could feel eyes on him--Glancing out the corner of his eye, he saw the eyes he hated so much and he sighed loudly in annoyance before shifting his eyes away. Sumin must have noticed it because she turned to her side--"Oppa, Stop staring!" Sumin quietly muttered, pinching Myungsoo's side who scooted away from her touch, scowling to himself and finally breaking his gaze. Sungjong decided now that he liked Sumin most of the siblings.

Arriving at the School, instead of having a look of awe once more, Sungjong sighed. Why did he expect the schools not to be huge,  gaudy, and annoying?

Climbing out the car, he bid away to his sisters and walked ahead quickly while Myungsoo got out. Maybe if he walked fast enoughm he wouldn't have to see him or deal with him and his stinky attitude and when he was far enough--mingled into a crowd of students, he slowed his pace. Apparently Myungsoo could drive, but he decided that he would join them this morning suddenly, maybe it was because he wanted to torture him some more? he didnt know. All he knew was that the farther he stayed from him, the better.

The people at this school didnt seem so rich, but maye that was because Sungjong didnt know what rich looked like.  A group of 9 girls walked past, all with different colour uniforms. The only one who was properly wearing her uniform was a slim girl with long hair and large eyes that caught his eye. Sungjong had to keep himself from staring as they passed, they were pretty and probably were one of those 'popular' girls. Maybe he should remember to avoid them?  Turning around and walking in the crowd, he attempted to locate where it was the office would be so he could pick up his papers.  Locking eyes with the ditzy looking boy from Yesterday, Sungjong turned and quickly tried to make an escape before running into the sturdy and strong chest. Quickly, looking up he met eyes with the one from before--Howon was it?  Stepping back quickly in a flustered fashion, Sungjong cleared his throat awkardly as the male looked from him  and then to the choding-like boy who neared them, smiling that gummy grin that Sungjong had quickly associated with his features.

"Oh, Hoya, when did you get here?" Sungyeol questioned before looking down to the other boy distractedly. "Maaaan, I've been waiting to see you!" Sungyeol quickly spoke, once more putting his arm around Sungjong who sighed with disgust at being touched by him, not very much liking to be touched in general. "I've never seen Myungsoo more heated in my life, you're an interesting kid! I think we'll have fun with you here." Sungyeol cooed, dragging Sungjong along with him as Howon followed behind. "Sungyeol you should make it a habit to stop that habit of acting so comfortable around people you just met like that. The kid looks really uncomfterable." Howon removed Sungyeol's arm From around Sungjong shoulders, and Sungjong turned his head to him mouthing a quick 'Thank-you' to him inaudibly, to which Hoya let a nod of recognition. "U-um.." Sungjong muttered, attention on Howon as he ignored Sungyeol who was pouting to himself at the loss of the smaller boy, "Do you know where the office is?" Sungjong questioned and Hoya pointed  past him, to a building that was visible but slightly hidden by the vegetation surrounding it. "Thanks." he quickly said before scurrying off and leaving the two. "Hey!" Sungyeol's voice was heard calling after him but he didnt look back even once as he headed into the office.

Looking around for a quick moment, he awkwardly walked in and headed to the front desk, leaning forward just a bit to see if anyone was in here--it was completely empty. "What are you doing?" A voice spoke and Sungjong jumped with a squeak in his startle before turning back to see a boy stood (Uncomfortably against a wall) "I--" he stuttered and cleared his throat. "I need to get my classes lists...I'm um..new.." he slowly spoke, feeling uncomfortable under his gaze. His fiery red hair made him stand out while his small eyes made him slightly intimdating. "Name?" The boy eyed him, staring at him as he wondered if he was in the right building while Sungjong eyed him back with uncertainty at the way he looked at him, not understanding why. "Lee Sungjong." "Kim Sunggyu." He spoke in a lifeless voice and headed to the back before coming out with some papers. "I'm the hall monitor so I Guess I'll show you where it is you go." Sungjong was hoping that someone else would save him, but when none did he followed the redhaired boy and was lead to his first class. "This is where it says you are. After this, Ask your teacher or something so you can learn where the next classes are." Sungjong nodded hesitantly as the boy left back to where he'd came and Sungjong sighed, "So much help that was."  he muttered to himself before heading inside.

"Lee Sungjong?" The women behind the desk questioned as he walked in and Sungjong nodded slowly before she got up from her seat. "Nice to have you. Your seat is back there in the middle." Sungjong took his directions well and moved to the seat. The room was still fairly empty and when the bell chimed through the school, Sungjong realized why. A group of students obstructing his view of the window as they all huddled around with their cellphones in hand, giggling at this and that. it didn't take long till the students filed in and sat in the seats around him. They seemed to be suprsied of the new face, filling the open spot in the middle of them but didnt say anything directly to him, only amongst themselves. "Who's that?" "I dunno." "Maybe from the Hwang family?"  Sungjong sighed inaudibly to himself--Even if he'd only been here for less than an hour, he was almost certain that making a friend here would be close and near to impossible.

The class sessions were on a block periods and this news delighted him. Two classes, lunch, One class and then a workplace section for those who worked on and off campus. He couldn't say this school was too different from when he went to his public schooling so he wasn't complaining. School was school ultimately the same.
After his first class ended, he headed to the next. He didn't bother to ask anyone where it was and got a little lost but in the end he'd made it. Quickly putting two and two together and sitting in the only seat that was open or not being 'saved'--slipping in just as the late bell sounded.  The class was rowdy and didnt listen as the teacher tried to talk over them. Maybe this was a normal occurance?

"Please stop talking!" A soft but strong voice spoke, the girl he'd seen before had stood up abruptly causing all the students to take notice and quiet down. She spoke in heavy honorifics, looked shy and quiet, polite but ultimately kind--and her voice comfirmed that fact--but the class instantly hushed at her command. Sungjong was definately suprised. His attention was soon lifted as the teacher began to talk finally and then as if clockwork--the person he'd been avoiding since he arrived walked inside.
Everyone looked in his direction and Sungjong expected him to be scolded for being late but--"Oh, Mr. Kim! Welcome to class."

Sungjong made a look of disbelief, was everyone under his spell? A few girls giggled to themselves as he passed, but he had his eyes on him and the boy stopped halfway through his walk and looking at him. Oh how Sungjong was praying to the gods that he wouldn't-- "Hmm, Butler." He whispered as he smirked in his direction. Sungjong ignored this and simply nudged his foot out a bit and Myungsoo stumbled over it--surpsingly enough not hitting the floor when he did, but he looked pissed enough. A few girls gasped and asked 'Oppa are you okay!?' Pitiful.

Sungjong had to hide the pleased smirk that formed over his lips as Myungsoo scowled and headed to his desk.

Sungjong spent his time diligently and when class was over he made sure to be the first one out of class. he knew very well that angering the Kim family heir would bring his consequences, but even though he knew this very well by now--it seemed like the two of them had matching tempers. "Lee Sungjong." The voice made him stop in his tracks and Sungjong sighed before slowly turning back. "I guess a peaceful lunch is out of the question." he muttered just loudly enough for Myungsoo to scoff. "Follow me." He commanded before walking and when he realized that Sungjong was not following he turned back impatiently. "Did you not hear me?" Sungjong gave him a stoic impression "Oh--No I heard you alright, I just don't see why it is you think I should listen to you?" Sungjong questioned with a raised eyebrow before Myungsoo sighed loudly and looked to the upper right in his frustration before advancing on the boy, leaning in to get a good look at the glaring boy's face that seemed to be challenging him before leaning a bit more to muttering in his ear: "Because if you don't do what I say, I'll have your family fired and shipped back to japan."

Sungjong grit his teeth and clentched his fist but controlled his anger and followed behind him.He couldnt do that, not to his family.
Sungjong was sure that he could go back to living how he used to, but this was the happiest they've been and he couldnt take that from them. He wouldnt. Couldn't.

Following behind him for sometime, they finally neared a table with the familar faces and one that he hadn't seen yet. The one with unfamiliarity to him--attention quickly shifting up when Sungjong and Myungsoo arrived together. A smooth smile curling over his lips as he quickly quirked his eyebrows in a interested fashion and got up from his seat, sliding beside Sungjong as he took a seat beside him. By the way the male was acting, Sungjong already knew what was coming and sighed deeply, rolling his eyes. "This one's a cutie, whats his name?" the boy asked and Sungjong nonchalantly ignored his presense and pulled out his lunch and his phone, and began to eat, not giving him even a sliver of attention--hoping that the other would get the hint to leave him the hell alone.

"Ah, Fiesty type. I like it." He cooed before Myungsoo gave him a deadly look and the guy seemed to take a scoot back. "Down boy." Howon spoke with obvious irritation and the guy grinned wide. "Nam Woohyun." He smoothly spoke, ignoring Howon's comment and holding a hand out to Sungjong who eyed it for a second and then turned his head back to his food. "Sungjong." He simply replied and Woohyun inhailed sharply through his teeth, "Ouch, Rejection at its finest!" Woohyun exclaimed as he continued to get daggers shot at him by Howon and Myungsoo's glares.

"Alright Alright!" he grumbled getting up and returning to his seat on the opposite side. "Just ignore him, he does that to everyone." Howon spoke to Sungjong who looked up at him in suprise. He was talking to him in a friendly fashion...Somehow he felt hopeful; Howon was the only one of this group that he didnt have any problems with, (At least so far.)  Sungyeol wasn't so bad either...but he was sorta loud and annoying to him--he felt tired in his presense. The gummy boy simply smiled brightly at him and Sungjong smiled weakly in response.

"Hey! I meant what i said though! If he was meat he'd be a fiiiiiine cut!" Woohyun spoke smoothly and half of the table groaned in response to his words.

 "So if you don't mind me asking, Sir. Why did you force me to sit here?" Sungjong asked, voice laced with acid and attitude as he looked at Myungsoo (who might he add was sitting too close to him for his own comfort). Hoya and Sungyeol seemed to be enjoying this already as they smirked and grinned to themselves. "Since youre my butler, you have to stay by side. That means you get to accompany us." Sungjong sighed, making an exaggerated point to roll his eyes. "Am I supposed to feel priveledged by that Or--?" Woohyun laughed, "Aish, Fiesty fiesty~!" Woohyun cooed, finding some enjoyment in this too but also trying to cool the heat before things got too out of hand. "Where is grandpa by the way?" Sungyeol questioned and Sungjong was curious as to who that would be. Did they have a resident grandfather who came by to visit? is that how rich schools worked?

"he has duty right now." Woohyun replied and Sungyeol smirked, "Of course you would know."
The two of them squabled and Sungjong found them annoying, Maybe he could make an excuse up. "I have to go, Left something in class, so--" Sungjong spoke as he closed up his things and left quickly. Myungsoo called after him to stop him but Sungjong took this moment to thank the crowds of students around him (mentally), glad for the loud rumble of the lunch that he could pretend he didnt hear. he had went with him didnt he? He did his say and kept his word. It wasn't really necessary for him to linger much longer.

Where was the library? You could eat in there couldnt you? Once he'd finally found it, he headed inside cautiously, peering around.
The girl from before that he'd noticed twice now was siting eating a triangle shaped sandwhich as she peered into the book.
Walking in, he passed her but he kept feeling the urge to speak to her, he wanted to. He should avoid her shouldnt he? She was one of those girls right?
He couldnt help it, she was intreieging and she enticed him to come closer by doing nothing and everything at the same time.

Heading back, he sat down across from her and pulled out a book to make himself not seem too awkward and began to read it.  Taking peeks at her every once in a while. her hair was long and jet black with little to no makeup and her eyes were round and clear; lips plump and moving idly as she read silently to herself. she seemed to be so enveloped into her book that she didnt even notice his presense as he stole continous glanes at her. Her book read "JUSTICE" on the cover and underneath were more english words he couldn't interpret. Was she maybe foreign? Somehow he felt disappointed. His english wasn't very good at all. Finishing off his lunch, he quietly ate and read on with his book. (For real this time) The book was from his favorite author and he'd read it plenty of times but he continued to read it and read it, the book never loosing its feel.

The Girl across from him had finished up to the point she would go and gathered her things, moving her hair back behind her shoulder and she pulled on her bag before stopping. Sungjong could feel her round eyes on him and he fought to keep his eyes glued to the book. "Excuse me?" She spoke, her voice as he remembered was soft and calming, he wanted to hear it more. Now as he'd been called too, he looked up to see her and she grinned as her eyes met his. "Youre that new student in psychology!" She spoke excitedly and Sungjong felt his stomache twisting below the table.

 "..Yeah, How did you know?" Dumb...Dumb question. "Oh, I notice everyone once or twice." She explained as she sat back down. His stomache was doing flips. "Whats your name?" She questioned and he put the mark back into this book before closing it, giving her his full attention. "Lee Sungjong." he introduced and she smiled once more. "Nice to meet you, I'm Seo JooHyun." She greeted, "You can call me Seohyun though. Everyone calls me Seohyun." She explained and Sungjong grinned and nodded calmly, attempting to hide his nervousness. "What age?" She questioned and Sungjong calmed himself to keep himself from stuttering. "Nineteen."  he answered and she nodded in recognition. "Oh, That means im your Sunbae!" She spoke with another blindingly beautiful smile before the bell rang and it shook them of their conversation. Sungjong felt disappointed.
"I'll see you next time Sungjong! Lets be friends. You seem great." He spoke before getting up and leaving the library.
 
The rest of the day he was warped with thoughts of the girl he'd met. She was definately his type and the fact that they were friends made him feel happy.

"Hey." A voice shook him and he looked up, It was Howon. "So it is you." he muttered before sitting in the seat in front of him and turning back to face him as he rested his head into his arms. "Oh, Howon-ssi." Sungjong spoke politely and Howon scowled in discomfort. "Agh, no one calls me that. Call me Hoya-- its Hoya." "Hoya." Sungjong repeated obidently and the other Nodded in approval.


"So you're Myungsoo's Butler now, huh?" At the mention of Myungsoo's name, Sungjong scowled, eliciting a chuckle from Hoya.  "How did you even become friends with that jerk? You're much more enjoyable to be around them him." Sungjong muttered under his breath, but felt embarresed as he did. had he said too much? They weren't completely friends yet were they? Was he just making assumptions that they would be friends? Hoya laughed at this and Sungjong felt his worries melting away.

"We were all raised together, Rich families--You know." Sungjong's eyes lightened some as he made a connection. "Are you one of the Lee Mansions nearby his?" Hoya nodded in response and Sungjong nodded slowly as well in realization-- He was really out of his leauge here at this school. Did everyone have a mansion like that? "Wanna come take a look?" He questioned and Sungjong had to fight his grin. "Really?" He spoke a little too excited and Hoya couldnt help but chuckle and nod. "Yeah. I know that Myungsoo can seem like an but--" "Tell me about it." Sungjong quickly cut in with exasperation, causing a chuckle from Hoya, "But he's not that bad. He doesnt know how to properly talk to people. Underneath it he's actually a real nice guy." Sungjong nodded but didnt look too convinced, Hoya smiled despite it with a laugh at the disbelief on Sungjong's face. Well after dealing what he dealt with, it wasn't too shocking if the boy couldnt believe him.

"You've got a phone?" Hoya questioned and Sungjong quickly reached for it before sliding it to him. Hoya quietly added himself in and handed it back to the boy. "I'll text you some directions to get there after I get home, Sound cool?" He questioned and Sungjong tried not to seem to excited as he nodded. A friend! He'd made a friend. Two friends!!

Maybe this school wasn't going to be so bad.