The Hired Help

 

When Sungjong woke up it was still dark out, probably due to the fact that he'd slept so early but this was fine and well because up until then he'd been doing things and didnt do his homework yet which he finished quickly. The day arrived quickly and they were off to school; Too Sungjong's delight, Myungsoo decided to ride alone. The day seemed to be taking a good start this way. Arriving at the school, Sungjong pulled out his schedule and sighed a bit. New classes today means that he had to go find them. "Sungjong-Ssi!" a voice called and he looked up, slightly suprised that anyone could be calling for him. Turning back he looked for the source of the voice before he recognized it was Seohyun as she neared him.  "Hi! Good morning" She cheerfully spoke and Sungjong grinned. "Ah Morning." He replied a little less energeticly as he shifted nervously. "Hm? Whats that? May I see it?" She questioned, pointing to the papers he was diligently focusing on moments before. "Oh, Um the schedule." he spoke, handing it over to her and watching as she looked it over and smiled, "We have a few classes together!" She spoke happily before the bell rang to indicate that they should go to their classes now.

At least it was Gym and normally Gym wasn't a difficult class to find.  Walking along he quietly scanned around and hoped he was going in the right direction. There was a big field over on this area if he recalled? Walking along the side the wall to move from students who seemed to be impatiently and quickly walking ahead. The bell had rang and Sungjong still hadn't found it. Maybe he should have asked? The hallways were getting quiet now and student number dropping. "Oh!" A voice exclaimed and Sungjong thinking nothing of it simply continued walking. "Hey! Hey wait!" it spoke once more, but once again, Sungjong figured that none would be calling for him, he only knew a handful of people who inhabited this place. Yet, much to his suprise the sly man from before jogged in front of him. "Tsk, Are you really rejecting me that roughly!?" Woohyun asked pouting and Sungjong looked around, "Oh. I didnt know you were talking to me." He simply said and Woohyun sighed with a laugh as he quickly raised his eyebrows in a suggestive fashion. "Does that mean you're not rejecting me then?" Sungjong rolled his eyes and attempted to walk around the boy. "Hey Hey! Alright, Okay!" He muttered, dejectedly sniffling to show dramatics.

"Where you headed Cutie?" He questioned and Sungjong sighed, "Sung-Jong." he corrected, enuniciating his words as to tell him to not call him 'cutie' or any other various names. Turning his head, he looked around. "I'm looking for the Gym." he muttered and Woohyun grinned. "Ah Thats where im headed, I'll show ya." Sungjong  muttered 'Great." dryly under his breathe, quietly sighing as he followed behind him.

It didnt take too much time either to arrive--At least he was headed in the right direction? he gave himself that.  This school was huge! Anyone would get lost. Entering into the lockerroom, the two were stopped as another male stepped in front of them putting a hand out. "TSk, Woohyun, you can't bring girls in here. I dont care if--" Sungjong frowned at this, "I'm a boy." he muttered before the other's eyes widened "Oh--Ah.." he muttered uncomfortably in embarressment and Woohyun laughed loudly. "Sungjong, This is my brother Boohyun." he introduced them and Boohyun bowwed his head bashfully, "Sorry about--" "Its fine." he sighed and entered in. "You're the new student though, I was supposed to look out for you and give you the combo code to your locker, your clothes are already in there" Boohyun explained, handing him a note with numbers on it.  

Everyone had already changed and was in the gym waiting upon instruction, this gave Sungjong time to quickly change. Silently scolding the short sleeves of the gym outfit as he reached into the bag and drabbed on enough concealer to disguise the marks on his arms. Heading out, the Gym teacher was already in the middle of instructing so Sungjong quietly came in--sitting in the back of the large group quietly to not gain attention. "Are you Lee Sungjong?" The teacher questioned and Sungjong Jumped slightly at the sudden words pointed directly at him, the crowd looking back to him. Suddenly he felt anxious. "N-ne.." he weakly spoke before the teacher nodded and erased something on their clip board and then made a new mark; maybe unmarking him as absent.

"Okay, Go out to the track and do your stretches and then the mile." The teacher instructed and the boys got up and headed out. Out of embarressment, he stayed behind the group and walked slowly; to his suprise as a few cut back. Sungyeol, Hoya, and Woohyun. "Cool! You're here!" Sungyeol seemed (A little too) Excited to see him there. "Oh wait." Sungyeol suddenly spoke as the two were walking to the door and the boy jogged back to the bleachers to see a boy wih a black hoodie turnt away and sleeping.  Sungyeol shook him furiously until the boy slapped him away and sat up , pulling his hoodie down. Sungjong let out a sigh, "Really?" he asked to no one in particular ashe realized that the boy was Kim Myungsoo. Could he not escape this boy!? Hoya seemed to chuckle besides him at the younger's frustration. "Let's go before he sees us." Sungjong muttered, taking a turn and leaving the rest of them there, finding humor at the boy's quick escape at the sight of Myungsoo. Normally it was the opposite thing, when people saw him; but for Sungjong he was fleeing quickly.

Of course short lived as the boy recognized him and sat on the outside bleachers, watching him learn the daily Stretches. Sungjong felt uncomfterable with the cold pair of eyes on his backside. "Can't believe Myungsoo is actually awake today." Sungyeol joked as he stretched his long arms. "He's got a reason now." Woohyun muttered back and looked at Sungjong, causing him to furrow his eyebrows curiously. "What?" he questioned and looked between the others. "He's not gonna torture me here too is he!?" Sungjong whined pitifully, which caused the others to laugh.

Somehow he felt a sense of comfort hanging around them. They weren't so bad afterall.  

After the streches, the boys jogged the perimeter and Sungjong couldnt help a yawn that left him. He'd waken up way too early this morning. "Why does he get to sit out over there?" Sungjong quetioned, pouting sourly at the fact of Myungsoo leisurely lounging around while the rest worked. "Dunno, he's always been like that since Highschool." Sungyeol responded. "He told his parents he didnt want too and so they made it happen." Hoya bluntly spoke and Sungjong bit his lip angrily. "Tsk. Everyone is so hypnotized!" he grumbled in frustration. Myungsoo literally had everyone wrapped around his finger. It was frustrating.

When they'd finished the mile, Sungjong stomped over to myungsoo and stood beside the male who was laying without a care, one leg rested over the other and arms folded behind his head. "Ah, Good work." Myungsoo calmly spoke as Sungjong had stepped in front of the sun, turning his head to peer up at the boy. Sungjong spitefully stepped out of the way so the light blinded him. The boy turnt his head quickly, breathing in sharply in through his teeth."Tsk. its not fair that you get to lay here and do nothing while we work." Sungjong grumbled, his annoyances bubbling and words flying out before thinking. Myungsoo seemed to have his interest peaked as he looked up to the boy from where he was laying, but didnt move an inch.

 "And Why should I make myself tired over something so petty as Gym?" he questioned and Sungjong sighed and rolled his eyes. "Forget it. You're just a lazy bum, I get it now." He grumbled and left. He felt the eyes linger on him once more and he wondered if maybe he shouldnt have said the words. Myungsoo was probably going to make him suffer now wasn't he? Sungjong sighed. A affectionate pat to his head, took him from his thoughts and he looked to see Hoya sat beside him. "Honestly its not worth getting upset over." Hoya spoke, and Sungjong sighed and puffed out his lips in a pout. "It's just not fair that that has it so easy." he grumbled to himself as he glared at the ground. Hoya chuckled and pet the back on the younger boy's head. Sungjong somehow felt calmer after the action. "Thank you hyung." Hoya simply nodded and listened to the instruction. Speaking of a walk for charity that would come up, and also how sports were opening up. He took notice of them, but didnt thing he would be actually joining any. Did he even have any time to do things like that?

When class was over, Sungjong went back into the locker room and picked up his change of clothes, heading into the bathroom stall the privately change  Bumping into sungyeol as he left out who grinned, Somehow he had a feeling that the small interaction would be trouble for him in the near future.

Leaving the class, Hoya this time helped him to show where the class seeming as the two had another class together. "Hyung," Sungjong questioned as the two walked together and Hoya hummed in response. "Do know Seohyun?" he qeustioned and hoya shook his head, "Not personally. I see her around and shes very studious and respectful, She's also one of those Girls'"Hoya spoke and Sungjong grew curious "One of those Girls'?" he repeated curiously, "Uh, the cheerleaders or something. I forgot what they call themselves. 'S' Something." he muttered without much care for it. Sungjong nodded, "Ah, I see i see." he muttered trailing off. "Why for?" He asked and Sungjong grinned, "She's my friend too" he hummed, smiling a little too brightly. "She is in this class with us here." He explained as they neared the door.

Sungjong got his seat setup and was happy to find he sat near Seohyun who gave him a friendly smile as he passed by to sit next to her. Hoya's seat was on his otherside and he felt happy to sit around both his friends.

After the teacher taught for the day, they had time to talk after. Hoya had taken a nap, so naturally Sungjong turned his body torwards Seohyun and talked with her.  "mh, Hyung said you were a cheerleader, is it fun?" He questioned, trying to make a conversation. Hearing his voice she turned her head and smiled, marking her place in her book and closing it. "It is! my Eonni's are very nice~. I wouldnt normally have tried for it but im happy I did." She explained and Sungjong nodded in understanding.

The bell rang indicating lunch and the conversation was cut short as she bid him goodbye.

Sungjong quietly sat beside Hoya who was out like a rock and he snorted, reaching over to poke his side--pressing his index finger to him repeatedly. "Hyuuuuung~" he whispered loudly and Hoya groaned loudly and moved away before finally raising his head with a displeased look. "youre gonna miss all of lunch if you sleep like that." Sungjong muttered as he packed up his bag and waited for the elder to slowly get out of chair and accompany him out of the class. Hoya was moving slowly but Sungjong didn't mind, he walked just as slowly besides him. "Why so sleepy hyung?" He questioned as he tilted his head some to get a look at his Hyung's face who had it head down and yawning.

"I have a job so I work here and there." He explained and Sungjong looked suprised, eyes widening in disbelief. "Rich people work?" Sungjong blurted out and a laugh from Hoya caused him to flush slightly in embarressment, was that a silly question? "Of course. most people work--if not only a little bit." He explained before Sungjong clicked his tounge, looking elsewhere. "Myungsoo sits on his high and mighty all day, So I just assumed elsewise." Hoya laughed once more putting his arm around sungjong and bringing him closer to whisper to him "Myungsoo's family is one of the top families, so he's very spoiled." he whispered before speaking a bit louder now, "My family is well endowed but my parents never wanted us to turn into kids like Myungsoo." he spoke and Sungjong grinned, "Thats a good trait!" he exclaimed with a grin as they headed over to the table. Myungsoo stared at them fiercly as the two sat down, Hoya let his arm drop from around Sungjong as they did. Sungjong  had wondered if possibly he heard them but it was so far away that it was unlikely. "Sit over here." Myungsoo commanded and Sungjong frowned, glaring at the other, "I'm sitting here at all, can't you just be happy with that!?" Sungjong muttered growing impatient. "No." Myungsoo Coldly spoke and Sungyeol snickered to himself as if he knew something. Sungjong sighed loudly and looked to Hoya pouting. who only patted the youngers back and leaned in to whisper in his ear again "Not worth getting angry over. Remember?" He calmly spoke and Sungjong nodded before going to sit next to Myungsoo, as far away as he could.

Myungsoo kept a sharp eye on Hoya as he whispered to Sungjong but said nothing and Woohyun snickered at this, "He'd rather sit close to me than you, Myung. Ouch." he teased and Sungyeol grinned as Myungsoo also shot Woohyun a deadly glare. Sungjong quietly ate his lunch from his bag in a nonchalant fashion, tuning them out as they spoke. He really didn't get what Myungsoo's problem was, but he figured it had to do with him being bratty and spoiled.  A rich boy with no home training. The red headed boy came in sometime and seemed to take no suprise when seeing him, maybe they'd spoke of him already to him? "You're a real quiet kid" , he spoke, his name was Sunggyu as they said.

"I think he's just shy! Even at Gym he went and changed in the stall instead of around everyone else." Woohyun chuckled, "Shy of his body? He has a nice waist like a girl it looks like!" woohyun said and reached over to place his hands on Sungjong's waist and before Sungjong could grumble at the boy's action. Myungso had already yanked the older boy's hands from Sungjong. "Can't you stop that?" Myungsoo hissed in anger and Woohyun held up his hands in defense while he and Sungyeol quietly snickered to each other on Myungsoo's quick behavior. "You just wait, You're gonna get arrested for Harrassment one day." Sunggyu grumbled and Woohyun sighed loudly. "Yessss Gramps." he said in a slow annoyed voice and Sunggyu and him seemed to bicker for some time.

Once the lunch bell rang, Sungjong put his things away "Hyung" he called, following after hoya until he felt a dull tug and that he wasn't moving and he stopped and looked back to see Myungsoo pulling on his shirt. "Come with me" Myungsoo instructed and Sungjong sighed and gave Hoya a look before walking with him "what do you want?" Sungjong asked tiredly as they walked and Myungsoo said nothing until they reached a classroom. "Open it." he comanded and Sungjong gave him a disgusted look. "You have arms dont you?" He retorted. Myungsoo raised an eyebrow challengingly and Sungjong grumbled opening the door for him reluctantly and once Myungsoo walked in, he turned, "Ah-" Myungsoo stopped in his tracks with the sound. "You're coming in too." Sungjong turned back, furrowing his eyebrows. "I don't have this class." he muttered unsurely, he didnt really know that or not but-- "You do now. Come."

Sungjong clentched his fists and followed behind him. Keeping all profanties inside his brain as he bit his lip as if that would help him keep the words pent up inside. Myungsoo gestured for him to sit and he did so, ignoring the looks from a few students.They seemed to feel the heat radiating from Sungjong as he stomped in, eyes deadly and didn't look long, and stayed quiet--amongst their own business. Myungsoo grinned, and something about it made Sungjong's skin crawl. "Sit down." he spoke and Sungjong sighed loudly in defiancy but sat eitherway. "Mr. Kim--" The teacher seemed hesitant to talk--to question him. "He's taking my test for me." Myungsoo spoke with a careless voice and Sungjong furrowed his eyebrows, mouth hanging open as he turned back quickly. "When the hell--?!" He yelled before Myungsoo grinned that chilling grin once more and tilted his head challengly to the boy who was placed in it spot.

Sungjong took a deep breathe and turned back. The papers were placed back and Sungjong reached for the copy, him being the last hadn't to worry of passing it back. The tension in the room seemed to be high as people around were eyeing him curiously, wondering how it was that he got into the sittuation. Some looked at him with pity almost. He wanted so badly to punch myungsoo in his smug face, who the hell did he think he was? Myungsoo cleared his throat since Sungjong seemed to be staring into space, quietly fuming. Clentching his fists some, he opened the from page and looked at the problems and scoffed. "Are you stupid?" Sungjong asked, turning back to Myungsoo, "These are so simple!" He growled, not even attempting to lower his voice. Some seemed suprised that the boy was talking back. Once more, It was Lee Sungjong who put Kim Myungsoo in his place. Myungsoo seemed heated but said nothing as the boy solved the questions the quickest he could before loudly getting out of the seat, the legs of the chair scraping harshly against the floor as he stepped out and quickly made his way up to the front desk before Myungsoo could protest. "I'm sorry you have to deal with a spoiled brat like him." Sungjong spoke clearly enough for the whole class to hear as he handed the packet to the teacher and left out.

Huffing and heading out, he went to a tree and flopped down under it, not before giving it a angry kick. He'd missed his class, by now the class only had about 15-20 minutes left and there was no point going in and trying to explain himself.  A familiar figure seemed to be wandering and he furrowed his eyebrows and narrowed his eyes to focus on her. It couldnt be? "Noona?" Sungjong questioned and recognizing the voice, she turned. Sungjong blinked and got up from his spot, jogging over to her. "Why are you here Noona?" He questioned and she looked around and at him. "Why are you sitting outside while everyone else is in class?" Sungjong sighed deeply, bringing a hand up to his temple and rubbing it in frustration. "I was coming to bring Chiyo her drawings but then I got lost trying to get back to the parking lot.." she muttered and Sungjong nodded. "Can you take me home?" He asked and Minyoung seemed to be hesitant. "You still didn't answer my question." "Kim Myungsoo." He spoke with annoyance in his voice and she raised an  eyebrow, nodding. that seemed to be enough of a reason until they reached the car.

Once getting inside, Sungjong sunk into his seat with a sigh, pulling the safety belt over his body securely. "So what did 'Kim Myungsoo' Do?" She questioned, in a much calmer and softer voice than her normal powerful and strong voice; This was  the one she used when consoling him. "He tortures me, even at school." Sungjong muttered, letting his facade slip and spoke in a defeated voice before it revved up into a annoyed and heated one. The Strong and tough Sungjong was no longer present. "He's been dragging me everywhere and its so exhausting. I made him a dinner yesterday, and that wasnt so bad, but today, he forced me to skip my own class and take a test for him that was simple multiplication! Is he that stupid that he can't do something as simple as that!? He just wants to make a mockery of me and embarress me infront of everyone that bastard!" Sungjong bit into his lip, the skin beginning to tear a bit. "Sungjong, don't do that." She reminded and the boy let his poor lip have release, the slight drop of blood that was pushing its way to the damaged surface. A habit he did in" He has everyone doing things for him. he walks into class late and the teachers say 'Nice to see you Mr. Kim!', He sits out and Gym and No one bats a curious eye in his direction, Not even once. It just makes me angry that he gets to be a unfair pampered prince, and everyone will fall to his feet and kiss his pampered !" Sungjong grumbled, feeling calmer now after he'd let his rant out.

Minyoung let out a sigh and laughed, "I'm sorry you got the worst job here." Minyoung finally spoke. "i havent seen much of the kid but.... he does give an......impression." She seemed to be carefuly selecting her words. "I don't doubt what you're saying." she admitted finally and Sungjong felt a sense of relief, to hear someone actually voice a agreement to this obvious truth. "I can deal with it though..." Sungjong muttered quietly, and he sunk into the chair helpessly. When they reached a red light and his sister reached over to pet and the back of his head. Sungjong pouted, leaning into the touch as she did so. "You remember what Mom used to say when stuff got hard?" Minyoung spoke, turning her attention to him, and Sungjong shook his head sadly. He couldnt remember. He couldnt remember. Suddenly he felt like crying. He didnt want to forget anything his mother every told him, as if he was still grasping onto the pieces of her that remained. The peices that were scattering quickly and he franticly tried to embrace them all before they were gone from him forever. Minyoung saw the devastated look on her brother's face, Sungjong never would cry in front of them and she knew it. She knew that he didn't allow himself too. "She'd always say: Don't give up during the storm, afterwards the sun comes out and you get your rainbow."

Sungjong let out a deep breathe and nodded slowly as if letting the words sink in. Minyoung smiled and leaned over to press a kiss on her younger brothers head. A car from behind seemed to grow impatient and honked and Minyoung chuckled. "Aishhh~ People are so impatient." She cooly responded to it before pulling ahead. Her personality seemed rough and tough but she loved and cared for her siblings deeply. She had to act tough to be taken seriously and was pushed into the reality of acting as a parent for three youngers besides her.

When they got home, Sungjong didnt say a thing and simply took his shoes off and went to the back of the home. Minyoung let him go without a word, knowing her brother needed some time to himself.  Sungjong dropped his bag and headed out to the outside garden where momentarily, the landscapers were t hedges and the inner garden,  was left unattended. Sungjong wondered if it would be possible for him to do so? Just a space? Heading to one of the women tending to things he lightly tapped her shoulder. "Oh, Young master." She greeted, suprised to see him back early. "Yes, what is it?" She questioned and Sungjong turned to look at the inner garden. "Is there--Could I maybe tend to some of the garden?" He asked curiously before looking back to the woman and she looked hesitant. "Most of the inner garden is Mistress Sumin's territory and I would be out of place to question her..." The women seemed like she wanted to help, but was too afraid to question authority--was this the 'Kim' effect? "Thankyou, I'll ask her." he spoke before smiling to the woman and turning to go back inside the inner garden. Sitting on a bench and admiring the work. It was well done and the flowers were of many various types, There was only one patch left untouched; Dry and wilting.

Sungjong frowned to see it.

Phone vibrating in his pocket, he reached for it and looked to the messages.

SMS;; From --- Hoya
Heard about Myungsoo's stunt he pulled.. You cool?

Sungjong pursed his lips.

SMS;; Reply to --- Hoya
You know it already?
Do things spread that quickly >  < ????


SMS;; From --- Hoya
When you're Kim Myungsoo it does keke


Sungjong sighed loudly, how annoying. everything about him--annoying.

SMS;; From --- Hoya
Don't think about it. Hey, are you busy now?

SMS;; Reply to --- Hoya
No, I'm free. Why why?
【・ x ・?】

SMS;; From --- Hoya
Dress comfortably and come over.
You can meet someone special. keke


Sungjong tilted his head curiously. Someone special?
he figured not to ask, heading upstairs to dress im his casual clothes as Hoya had requested and headed over when he had finished.

 

 


A/N; everything was flowing but a writers block hit me for a second and \ @ A @ / ;;;;
Sorry for it ;u;   I've been trying to go by the rule of not posting a chapter until after i have finished the one that follows it, but i am behind because of that writers block! v__v  sorry for the slight delay and sorry for mistakes on this one, I didn't proof read after i wrote this! I'm feeling a little ill so I'll do that a bit later.