The Hired Help

Arriving to the gate, Sungjong pouted some.'What was the code again?'

Pressing the call button, instead of standing there dumbly, he decided to have himself rung in.  "What's the password?"--Hoya's voice. Sungjong snorted and grinned, rolling his eyes some. "You're dumb." A buzzer soundd alerted him and he jumped slightly, not expecting that. "Paasswooorrd~" Hoya said once more and Sungjong sighed with a laugh. "I dont know it! You didnt teach me!" Sungjong whined and Hoya seemed to think on it for a moment. "The password is...You singing 3 bears song!" hoya finally spoke and Sungjong brought his hands to his face. "Seriously Hyung?!" he questioned between laughs. "I didnt stutter~!" Sungjong looked around for a moment, was anyone around to see this? Sungjong took a deep breath. "Gom Semari ga, Han Chibeyiso. Appa Gom, Eomma Gom, Aeeeegii Gom~. Appa Gummun TungTunghae, Eomma Gommun Nal Shinhae, Aegi Gommun Nabul Gwiyowo. Hisuk Hisuk Charanda.." Sungjong sang and a loud laughter came from the box before the gate opened.

Sungjong sighed as his face turned red and he walked inside, hoping that no one had seen (except for Hoya Obviously.)

Entering inside, he saw a cracked up Hoya who's grin was wide and he clapped for sungjong. "Aish, I should go home!" Sungjong pouted, grumbling in embarresment and Hoya laughed going over to the younger and lending an arm to him, dragging him in by the arm around his shoulder. "But you want to meet someone special right?" he cooed, knowing that the boy's curiousity was enough and he would have left before the song if it was otherwise. Sungjong continud to quietly pout and let himself be dragged, furthering his assumption.

"Who is it?" Sungjong asked after few moments of walking, "Almoost there" Hoya spoke as they neared the door and upon opening it, the feel of the room was suprising. Bright blue walls with white puffy splotches of white asorning the sky blue color; Clouds.  A dresser, and too the far off side were a case and box that were filled with toys of different styles. Some looked to be old and worn while some new--but not to notice the brown recliner chair that had A woman reclined in it and cradling a baby who was chubby and cute. Hoya went over to carefully pick up the baby who seemed to be finnicky for only a moment before growing quiet again once more.

 "Him~" Hoya finally answered the question on who the special person was and Sungjong looked at the baby with a grin "Ah! So cute!" he quickly spoke, and the sound of his voice, the baby took his attention from Hoya and looked too Sungjong curiously. "Hehe, So this is your new interesting friend you've told me about!" The woman spoke, a warm grin graced over her lips as she rose and headed torwards Sungjong to get a better look at him. "Ah what a pretty young man." she praised before looking to the baby that Hoya was holding."HoJun very much enjoyed your singing." She chuckled and Sungjong blushed a bit "Agh! Hyung!" He whined and Hoya smiled misheviously before handing the baby over to Sungjong who didnt hesitate to carry him. He always loved kids and babies, fawning over them.

The baby, Hojun, seemed perplexed by him and continued to stare up at him. "I'm Howon's mother, nice to meet you..Lee Sungjong was it?" She questioned with a grin and Sungjong nodded, mirroring the grin as he rubbed Hojun's small back comfortingly and the boy seemed to grow out of his curiousity and more tired as he rested a puffy cheek to Sungjong's shoulder, trying to stay awake but slowly nodding off. "Oh, you did my work for me." Mrs. Lee spoke as she chuckled softly and carefully took the sleeping baby from his arms and placed him into the crib nearby before motioning the two boys to leave the room. "Now then, One son is taken care of--Lets attend to you two now." She cheerfully spoke in a joyous way with a chuckle, Sungjong felt nervous to meet someone's parents but Hoya's mom had a warm trait about her and he felt also at ease. "How would you like to eat with us?" Mrs. Lee asked and Hoya sighed, "Eomma, Why do you always force food on everyone. "I-..I'd like that." Sungjong softly spoke, still slightly shy and careful of the new face. "See! He want's too! Tch, Let your friends eat, Look at him he's so skinny!" His mother nagged and Hoya sighed as the woman grinned to Sungjong who sheepishly grinned back. "Aigoo, Yeppeo da~" She cooed with a chuckle in response to Sungjong as she lead the two down the stairs.

"Howon, Go tell Hojae to watch Hojun's baby meter and to care for him if he wakes up and cries." Hoya seemed to look at her suspiciously for a minute, "Don't tell any embarrasing baby stories." He bluntly said before heading back up the stairs to do what was asked of him. "Tch, What an ungrateful boy!" She cooed, looking to Sungjong who was grinning softly. "Those memories shape who you are! You should be proud of them! Don't you think so?" Sungjong nodded, chuckling to himself a bit as the two headed to the kitchen. "I can help you with it." Sungjong quietly suggested and Mrs. Lee smilled and pulled the small boy in and hugged him, "Aigoo you are such a good boy!" She spoke cheerfully as she parted from him and began taking out what she needed. "I wish Howon had more friend's like you, Sungjong!" She praised and praised and Sungjong smiled shyly, happy of the approval. "Can you cut well? Help me by cutting some vegetables!"

The two cooked and when hoya returned, he made it look presentable. Dubu Jorim, Baechu kimchi, Galbi, Ssalbap, Kongguksu, jun, Jeongol, and Tteok as well; all of the basis of tradional korean meal was found at the table. It had been a while since he'd seen so much korean foods. The aroma of the kitchen when finished was heavenly and he felt happy and he looked to the the food. At the Kim Residence, they never had a dinner together--instead you would go to a chef on duty and request what you wanted to eat to them, Sort of like a room service and that was nice to have, but this felt more comfortable.

When they sat to ate, the said their prayer and ate together. He learned that (too not many suprise) That Mrs. Lee was a chef alongside her husband and they cooked 5-star meals at the biggest places and all around the world if need-be. Mrs. Lee made a special point that if one parent was away, then the other would stay on more than most occasions because family was most important to them. Sungjong somehow felt slightly warm in their company, but also empty as he remembered what he lacked.  

When they finished dinner,  Sungjong bowed polightly to his mother and thanked her for the meal. "Aigoo! You bring your parents and your siblings along next time! Would love to meet them!" She spoke, pulling the boy in for a hug. "Eomma!" Hoya whined, knowing that she hugged people a little too openly, but Sungjong didn't seem to mind; he enjoyed it actually. "Uhm...My sisters can visit." Sungjong slowly spoke with a small smile. "My parents arent with us anymore so they can't come..but I'm sure they would have loved to meet you." His mother's face seemed to change quickly with these words and he reached over to hold the boys head, "Aigoo, You come here anytime you like, we love having you here!" She spoke softer now before looking to Hoya. "Howon its late outside so walk him home so he doesnt get lost in these dark streets." She commanded and Hoya clicked his tounge "I was going to already." he grumbled and his mother clicked her tounge back, Sungjong chuckled. "See you next time Sungjongie!"

In the days to come, spending time over hoya's house became a common occurance, he would stop by everyday and he grew close to his family members and his family members grew close to his. Minyoung only had visit once or twice because of her work schedule but when she did, she acted like the old Minyoung, the one before all the saddness and all the troubles. They celebrated Chiyo's birthday there and she was able to sit down and hold baby Hojun in her lap for a minute or two; She seemed overjoyed at this.

One friday night when it was simply Hoya and Sungjong and they walked home together through the dark streets.

"You know, They should really put lights here, i'm gonna walk into a open manhole one day!" He dramatically spoke, clinging to Hoya's arm as the two walked. "Hmm.. I actually like it like this." Hoya suddenly spoke and Sungjong laughed as they neared the Kim Mansion. Hoya smiled to the younger, "I get a pretty girl on my armm~" He cooed and Sungjong punched him playfully "Yah!" She scolded and Hoya laughed, "Alright, See you later Jongie." he spoke before Sungjong put the code in and entered the gate. "Goodnight, see you tomorrow!" Sungjong called as he headed inside of the gates and to the front of the mansion. The season had changed from fall to winter and the weather was chilly. Pulling off the scarf and jacket along with his shoes, Sungjong brought his cold hands up to his slightly flushed cheeks from the cold weather. Letting out a chilled breath, he headed upstairs.

Myungsoo was pulling around the corner and Sungjong sighed, hurriedly moving his steps torwards the door. While his and Hoya's relationship grew closer, Myungsoo's and his only grew to a dull cold, Sungjong learned to simply tolerate him, but that didn't mean he enjoyed his company any more than before. "Lee Sungjong." he called just as Sungjong's hand grasped the doorknob. Sungjong visibly scowled before turning his head in attention. "Where do you go everyday?" Myungsoo coldly asked and Sungjong sighed, Myungsoo seemed to be asking him this on the regular since he started going to Hoya's house. "Why do you ask this all the time? Where you looking for me? There are plenty of maids and butlers around and if you needed your 'personal butler' so badly, you have my cellphone number. " Sungjong spoke with annoyance now, tired of the games. "I shouldnt have to call you, you should already be by my side." Sungjong scoffed at this. "Where did you go?" Sungjong sighed deeply, rolling his eyes. "I went to Hoya's house." he spoke before Myungsoo stayed quiet for a moment. "Don't go there anymore." he finally said, walking past Sungjong heading to the room beside.

Sungjong quickly turned, "Why shouldn't I!?" He yelled now, getting annoyed of Myungsoo bossing him around. "Otherwise your family can go back to Japan where they came from." Myungsoo spoke carelessly as he turned the knob , entering inside and leaving Sungjong to stare after angrily. What the hell exactly was his problem? Ever since he became close to Hoya, Myungsoo got more and more of an . Was it that he just didnt want him to have any friends?

Heading into his room and slamming it loudly, he flopped onto the bed and pulled out his phone.

SMS;; To --- Hoya
That said I cant hangout over at your place anymore! TT - TT
he threatened that if I do he'd fire us all...


The reply was delayed but eventually--

SMS;; From --- Hoya
Then we wont go to my house.
Let's go out someplace else together instead.
Tomorrow at...7AM!


A/N; Shorter chapter this time to give it a push and move things along.
the progression seemed a bit slow ^^/ A small month time skip here~
(It was late fall just a week after Sungjong's birthday so a while have passed, Chiyo's birthday is September 24th!)