XVII

The Hired Help

 

Letting himself in, Myungsoo opened the door and came into the home he'd remembered familiarly. "Yeol-ah!" He called, knowing that Sungyeol was alone, but too lazy to search for him through the large home. Hearing a door opening, Myungsoo looked up see Sungyeol, peek his head out cautiously before coming downstairs. "I know you know the code, but at least ring a door bell." Sungyeol spoke as he neared him and Myungsoo looked him over; no cuts, scratches, bruises. "So what is it? Whats wrong?" Myungsoo questioned, after inspecting his well being. Sungyeol sighed and tapped his foot, "I think my problem is you." Sungyeol blurted out and Myungsoo gave him a look. "If I'm the problem why'd you call me here?" Myungsoo asked, getting annoyed now before Sungyeol scratched the side of his head. "That came out wrong." he pondered for a second and Myungsoo rolled his eyes before waiting patiently for Sungyeol to get his words straight. "I mean, I think I like you again." Sungyeol explained and Myungsoo kept his same facial expression, not faltering at all. "You were the one who said we're better off as friends, hyung." Myungsoo spoke calmly, not believing his words. "Well i thought that, but...After that other day I couldnt sleep well and kept thinking." Sungyeol explained before tilting his head. "I think I had a nightmare too." he wondered aloud and Myungsoo sighed. "Hyung, just tell me what it is." Myungsoo asked impatiently. "I just told you!" Sungyeol exclaimed and Myungsoo continued to stare with disbelief.

Sungyeol sighed before pulling Myungsoo to him by the loops of his pants belt holder, kissing him. When the kiss was broken, Myungsoo stared at him in a daze, Sungyeol kissing the spot between his jawline and neck as he fiddled with Myungsoo's pant button and Zipper. "What are you doing?" Myungsoo asked, breaths heavy, it was obvious to what he was doing. "Showing you..." Sungyeol Murmured between kisses.

---

"So ALL of that happened in just two-three weeks?" Dongwoo asked, his eyebrows furrowing in confusion as Sungjong sighed and nodded his head almost ashamed by the words he was telling him. "Well I dont think Myungsoo is horrible." Dongwoo said with a thoughtful voice, but he didnt exactly say that he approved of it either. He had the same thoughts on Myungsoo that Sungjong had and for someone who wasn't related to Sungjong--he knew him well. He was sensitive and took things to heart even though he seemed like a really tough kid, he was fragile. "Maybe its just a....'in the moment' type thing." Sungjong tried to come up with excuses and Dongwoo snorted, "the way you explained it doesnt really sound like that." Sungjong sighed laying his head on the table. "I don't know if I'm going to do anything, I probably wont, but--...I should at least tell Hoya about how maybe I might just think of him as just a hyung." he muttered and Dongwoo nodded in agreement.

 "What if I'm wrong though?" Sungjong muttered sighing deeply as he rolled his head to the side on the countertop. "Uhhmm..." Dongwoo thought it through before shrugging. "Why not kiss him too?" Sungjong huffed, lifting his head momentarily. "Don't you think thats too cruel if I find out I dont feel anything though? Kiss him and say, hey--I dont like you anymore. Thats just heartless." Sungjong mummbled with a sigh and Dongwoo nodded. "Eh..I never thought of it that way." Dongwo muttered and sighed as well. "Honestly, Hoya treats me exactly as he did before he told me he liked me. He just treats me like a little brother and hugs me, spoils me and stuff--but never does anything loving?" Sungjong slowly spoke. "I wouldnt know..is that how its supposed to be, hyung?" Sungjong questioned and Dongwoo laughed slightly at the younger's inexperience. "Well thats up to your judgement? Maybe you need someone who will be more affectionate then."

Sungjong sighed, laying his head on the table once more "Plus, I feel bad about Jiyeon. I felt like I was having to keep it a secret from her because she liked him too." Sungjong muttered, rubbing his, head in stress and Dongwoo chuckled. "You're too thoughtful sometimes."Sittuations are difficult, hyung. I just want to be left alone." he whined quietly. "Your matchmaking helped me out though~" Dongwoo cooed and Sungjong lifted his head quickly with large eyes. "Soojung!?" he asked with a large grin and Dongwoo nodded, laughing at how happy Sungjong seemed to be at this. "You're more happy for me than yourself." He snorted  and Sungjong smiled to himself, "Well thats because you're in a good sittuation. I'm in a messed up one!" Dongwoo nodded, in agreement as Sungjong sighed again whining into table. Dongwoo snorted and reached over to pat the younger's head.
The chime of the clock rang and alerted Sungjong as he picked up his head to look over. "I should probably go back now. I didnt tell my sisters I was going out." He muttered as he stretched his arms out, getting up from his seat and waving a goodbye to Dongwoo.

Unluckily enough for him, Dongwoo's place was a little bit far from the place that Everyone else lived, so he had to take a bus to get to and from there.  Sitting in the back, he sighed and pulled out his phone, playing a game to pass the time.  Hearing the doors open, he got up to get off. Was it two or three? he wondered to himself as he looked around. This place didn't look familiar. Sungjong turned to get back on but it already had started going.
Sungjong sighed deeply, looking around. It wasn't too late so maybe he could find his way around? He couldn't call Minyoung, because she would scold him...Hoya was working...He sighed reluctantly and scrolled to Myungsoo's contact, calling it and waiting the dial tone. When it went to voicemail he sighed. "Hyung, I got off at the wrong stop at the bus and I'm lost, Do you think you could help me? Call me back." He spoke before hanging up and huffing aloud. At least if he didn't come back, someone would know he was gone.

"Excuse me, Do you know how to get to this area." He muttered, showing them the typed adress and the person he stopped looked around. "This direction," he muttered, pointing in the opposite." I've never actually been there, but I know its not that way." They spoke and Sungjong nodded, "Thanks." Sungjong muttered quickly before starting to walk along. So he'd gotten off a stop too late. Maybe he should just text Hoya? he didnt wan't to bother him while he was working though. Sungjong sighed and continued to walk on sometime. After walking helplessly for hours he was starting to get scared, because it dark. The streets were clearing out and every step he took echoed. Admittedly he was afraid of the dark but he tried his best to keep walking but after a cat scared him nearly to death, he finally called Hoya. "Yeah Sungjongie?" He picked up not too long after. "H-hyung can you pick me up?" he murmured, voice slightly shaking.

"Yeah I just got off work. Where are you? Its late out." Hoya asked, worry in his voice and Sungjong looked around. "I dont know...Um.." he muttered, shifting the phone to the other hand against his ear and looked to the buildings around him. "I see...um.. a large red building, and i'm at the bus stop, and theres...um...a bakery nearby its--" "I know where you are, I'm coming right now." Hoya spoke calmly and somehow that made him calm down a little as well "Okay...--Hyung?" he quickly questioned before the other had a chance to hang up "Hm?" He questioned. Sungjong could hear the rustling on the other end, the car door closing. "Can you...um..stay on the phone with me?" He questioned softly and Hoya chuckled deep. "Sure." he replied as he started the car, putting it on speaker so he could drive effectively. "You're still there?" Hoya questioned, "Yes." Sungjong muttered quietly, nodding his head as if the other could see him at this moment.

"Okay, I'm on my way, give me...about twenty minutes." He explained and sungjong breathed heavily. "That long?" he questioned and Hoya chuckled. "If I could get there faster I would definately do that for you Sungjong." He explained, Sungjong Sighing again. "I'm...just scared out here..thats all." he muttered quietly and Hoya hummed in thought. "Wanna play a game?" Sungjong puffed out his lips slightly, pouting. "Really?" He muttered and Hoya laughed. "Its better than standing around like a scardeycat." he boldly spoke causing Sungjong to click his tongue. "Fine!"

"Whats my favorite colour?" "Purple, Everyone knows that. You look like barney." Sungjong snorted and Hoya scoffed. "No, Its called beautiful." He quickly retorted and Sungjong laughed at this. "If you say so." Sungjong muttered before his phone beeped. "Ah!" he muttered, looking to it. "What?" Hoya questioned before the quiet silence and then Sungjong brought it back up this ear. "My battery is dying." Sungjong muttered with a sigh, "I'll be there soon, Don't worry." "How many more minutes?" Sungjong pressed on and Hoya thought for a moment. "Its only been about five minutes Sungjong." Sungjong whined now pitifully. "I'm coming as fast as I ca--" "Hyung?" Sungjong called before looking at his phone that'd run out of power and he sighed deeply, rubbing his eyes in frustration before going to the bench and wiping a spot of the snow away before sitting down patiently.

It wasn't that bad, or that was what he kept reminding himself as he waited. It wasn't too bad to wait if he kept his mind busy, thinking about anything and everything, but in the midst of this, the Light above the Bus stop began flickering. Sungjong held his breathe as he looked up at it. Of all times for the light to go screwy--The Light popped and the area was pitch black now. Sugnjong yet out a yelp, jumping in suprise at the sharp sound and he could feel all the hairs on his arm sticking up. It wasn't too bad to be in the dark inside..Normally you knew who was in your house..but outside--? Now that the light was gone, he was running through all types of different things that could happen to him and was scaring himself silly. Hearing foot steps, he looked around him, shaking invoulentarily as he pursed his lips to try and make himself look tougher as if he was being put through a test. Hoya told him to stay put...but--..The foots steps were getting louder, advancing to where he was. Sungjong got up and quickly started walking until he was in a Jog and he kept looking behind him into he collided with a figure and let out a shrill yell, punching the other hard.

"Woah, woah!" The voice muttered protectively trying to move away but Sungjong was in a stage of fright where he thought that if he stopped he'd be dead. " Sungjong!" The person grabbed his hands and he breathed heavily, looking slowly to see it was Myungsoo there. "I've been driving around for like an hour trying to find you an--" He was cut off as Sungjong let out a soft sob, crying in his spot now. "You're So Stupid, I thought I was going to die!" He yelled between his tears. Myungsoo was suprised, he'd never actually seen Sungjong cry before, He hesitated for a moment before pulling Sungjong into a hug and his hair and rubbing his back in a comforting fashion until Sungjong let his arms circle Myungsoo's middle and he continued to cry into his jacket, not even able to stop at this point.

"It's alright...I'm here, you're safe, you're okay.." Myungsoo muttered in a quiet voice soothingly until Sungjong's cries calmed down to soft sniffles. Myungsoo pulled back a bit and Sungjong Held on tighter like he was going to be left alone, like Myungsoo was going to disappear if he did. Myungsoo rubbed his back a bit as he moved far enough to look down at the boy, eye's puffy and trails of tears staining his cheeks. Myungsoo frowned, wiping the tears from Sungjong face gently with his thumbs. Myungsoo sighed, eyeing Sungjong's pretty face before pressing a kiss to his forehead and pulling him into a hug once more. Feeling guilty now for being elsewhere while Sungjong was this frightened... Especially when he was doing something he shouldn't-- Something unforgiveable that he knew he'd regret later.

Sungjong looked down and like a beeline his eyes landed on the array of marks on his neck and the mechanics in Sungjong's brain started turning. He let out a soft scoff, that was muffled by the fabric of Myungsoo's shirt, letting his arms drop as he stepped back. Wiping at his eyes that were still b with tears "I called you hours ago...Where were you that you didn't answer?" Sungjong asked softly, weakly Looking up to Myungsoo for his answer and Myungsoo hesitated. "There was a problem and I had to go right away." he muttered, not entirely lying, but not entirely telling the truth and Sungjong rubbed his lips together as he nodded slowly, too weak--too exhausted to even fight with him. "Sungjong!" Sungjong turned back as he saw  Hoya coming around in a jog. "Oh..You're okay." he spoke, trying to regain his breathe and Sungjong nodded. Not even speaking as he attempted to wipe all the tears away before Hoya could notice he'd cried.

 It was bad enough that he cried in the first place, not everyone needed to know--but Hoya could tell anyway. "Did you find him?" Hoya asked as Myungsoo nodded, Hoya sighed, running a hand through his hair as he nodded. "I noticed he wasn't at home and one of the maids said heasked about the bus so I figured he probably got on and got lost." Sungjong's anger was starting to bubble up "Hyung, can we go?" Sungjong questioned to Hoya, voice weak and slightly cracking and Hoya nodded, putting an arm around Sungjong and rubbing, squeezing at his shoulder in a comforting way. "I'll bring him back." Hoya spoke before walking off without much more attention to Myungsoo.

The rest of the ride, Sungjong was deathly quiet as he gazed out the window. "Are you okay Jongie?" Hoya questioned, softly, not wanting to startle him. Sungjong nodded weakly. He'd tired himself out with crying like that, the adreniline rush of his fear, running, and the stress. He fell asleep not too long after. Hoya called up Myungsoo as they reached the gate and he had him come to fetch Sungjong, Even if he didn't want to give him over to him, he knew that'd probably be the best choice, as he slowly picked up the sleeping boy bridal style, Careful not to wake him as he brought him up to the gate. "He cried alot when you found him didn't he?" Hoya murmed, softly, not to wake him up. "Yeah, He thought that he was going to die. " Myungso sighed as he took Sungjong from him and turned to go inside. Hoya stayed glued to his spot until he couldn't see them anymore before sighing troubledly and heading back to his car.

--

Myungsoo let Sungjong down on the bed and Sungjong breathed softly, curling up on his side.

Thinking back to before, He knew he'd been caught...but the fact that Sungjong didn't yell at him scared him the most. Turning the lights down, Myungsoo was thoughtful of the fact that Sungjong disliked the dark and left it dim--barely lit before getting in beside him and rubbing at his face in frustration. pulling the cover over Sungjong who looked cold in his sleep. Myungsoo wrapped an arm around him and rubbed his back comfortingly. Sungjong rested into his embrace sleeping more peacefully from the comfortable warmth around him. Myungsoo was almost sure it wouldn't be so peaceful tomorrow though.