The Hired Help

 

"Noona~!" Sungjong whined pitifully, following behind his sister. "Lee Sungjong get ready for school and let me work." Minyoung spoke monotonously as Sungjong followed close behind her. "How do I just 'Get ready for school' When I'm...en...eng...engaged...to...him--THAT!" Sungjong stuttered dramatically, finding it hard to say the words, "Talk some sense into them, Please. Out of everyone in the world, it happens to him? HIM. I'd rather marry a dog!" Sungjong pitifully begged and pleaded and she sighed. "That man is crazy.." Minyoung muttered as she filled the washing machine with clothes "What is he thinking? he said It'll look good for the kim's. Showing that they support gay rights and that it'll bring them attention--but it's one thing to fake a relationship but marriage is a bit too far." she spoke, sighing, "Are--does that mean you'll try to convince him?" Sungjong asked with hope and she rolled her eyes. "Of course. If you don't like him i'm not gonna just hand you over like a piece of meat--" Sungjong hugged her tightly, kissing her cheek repeatedly. "Thank you thank you thank you thank you" he muttered with a sigh. "I was thinking about running away to america." Sungjong dramatically spoke, puffing out his lips in a pout and Minyoung snorted, "you can't even speak any english." She teased and sighed, fixing her brother's hair."Well, I'll get lost in New york, but I won't be married to Myungsoo. That sounds like an okay deal to me--" Minyoung laughed and sighed, shaking her head. "I dont know if I can do anything quickly, so just hold out until I can come to a common ground with him?" Sungjong frowned but nodded obidiently before leaving out of the room to get ready for school as he was asked. Slipping his way out and defiantly making his way over to Hoya's home to seek consolation from him.

"Hyung!" Sungjong called, seeing Hoya leave out and jogged clear over to him. "Where's the fire?" Hoya teased, slowing his pace to let Sungjong catch his breathe. "The worst thing ever has happened." Sungjong muttered in a pouty voice. "You know how Myungsoo used me as a scapegoat, They want us to be married now." Sungjong sighed loudly putting his hands to squish the sides of his face. "I want this nightmare to end quickly." Sungjong whined to himself and Hoya chuckled quietly. "I see..It's not possible to get out of it?" Hoya questioned and Sungjong frowned a bit, casually getting in the car and slipping in besides the other. "My sister is trying, but i'll have to wait it out." Sungjong spoke, sighing again as he let his head slightly droop to the side. "And Just when you and I--.." Sungjong started before coughing uncomfortably, going quiet suddenly and looking out the window sheepishly. Hoya seemed a bit bummed before, but at these words at least he seemed to smile. Listening to the murmur of the car's engine and things passing it by as they sat in silence, a comfortable one. "So..You...?" Hoya finally spoke, as if he'd been wondering if he should speak or not for a while "Hm?" Sungjong questioned before looking to Hoya, "Oh." He muttered softly with a shy grin. "Well..Yeah I think so..But...We can't..uhm..can't date officially since--" "Yeah, I understand." Hoya spoke with a grin, a grin that he couldn't seem to hide, obviously glad to hear the words he'd been wondering--hoping for.  Sungjong suprised himself as he reached over to hold the other's free hand.

Even after arriving at the school, they sat for some time and talked, enjoyed eachother's company; until it was urgent they left--Sungjong barely made it in just as the bell rang and the class duties were attended to before dramatically sighing and flopping on Dongwoo's desk behind him. Causing a jumped reaction from Dongwoo who laughed at the action. "Ready for your close-up?" Dongwoo questioned and Sungjong let out a quiet laugh. He'd forgotten how odd, random, and abstract Dongwoo's thoughts could be. "I think I am. Only a little more practice." He played along and Dongwoo chuckled. "What happened though, why are you sighing dramatically?" Dongwoo questioned more seriously now. Sungjong sighed, tried of explaining it. "I can't say it aloud here--" he muttered and pulled out his notebook, writing the sittuation in the middle of the page and Dongwoo seemed to read it slowly before breaking out into a quiet but hysterical laughter. "Yah! That's not funny!" Sungjong whined, pinching the elder's arm and he yelped dramatically as if it had hurt him very very badly. "Pfsh! Who is the drama queen here?" Sungjong asked, laughing to himself now. "I just think its funny cause out of everyone in the world, Its Ki--" Sungjong quickly reached across to cover his mouth and muffle the rest as he glanced around before sighing and squeaking a bit as Dongwoo bit his fingers.

"Hey you stop that you dinosaur!" Sungjong playfully scolded and Dongwoo grinned, showing his teeth off proudly. "anyway, but aren't you and hoya...?" Dongwoo suggested and sungjong catched on, doing something between a nod of a approval and a head shake of disapproval. "What is that supposed to even mean--" Dongwoo spoke in confusion and Sungjong tilted his head with a sigh. "We are--but...we cant--? because of--" Sungjong tried to explain vaguely outloud. "This sounds like a very odd conversation where you can't finish your sentances." Dongwoo quickly added in, finding this funny as well. "I'm gonna have to do a background check on 'you-know-who'. Make sure he's not a rich criminal!" Dongwoo spoke, half joking and half serious. Dongwoo always had been protective of him like a brother, but after he'd told him about what happened, he seemed to become more protective, and Sungjong didn't mind it one bit. It made him feel safe.

After the first class ended, Sungjong headed over to the next. Only to be stopped and pulled off by a grasp on his wrist and blurr of black hair that he wished wasn't so familiar. "Why are you bothering me." Sungjong muttered with a sigh, as he free his arm from Myungsoo's grasp. At least, Myungsoo had the courtesy to bring them someplace quiet. "Class is gonna start soon, we should--" Sungjong quickly spoke, not even looking at Myungsoo as he tried to walk past and Myungsoo moved over in his way. Agh. He's in a pissy mood. "Even when you're engaged to me, you're off with Hoya?" Myungsoo asked calmly but Sungjong was learning to read these words with meanings threaded through them. "Well, do you expect me to just like you because of that? I like Hoya Hyung." Sungjong spoke, not holding back or giving any mercy because quite frankly he was pissed on how he'd gotten into this whole sittuation because of Myungsoo.

Myungsoo stared at him for a moment before finally turning and leaving him there, he seemed to take the words into consideration and For a flicker of a second, Sungjong could see that his words had hurt him. but what he had said--it was true! Forcing someone to marry you wasn't how you got them to like you.

The rest of the day, Myungsoo was quiet and didn't say much to anything and normally he would have thought that was normal--but it felt like a different type of silence and this also annoyed Sungjong that he was becoming able to tell the difference.

On the ride home from School Sungjong was quiet as well and he worked well but was soft-spoken. Hoya didn't have a shift today but Sungjong went anyway because of the pure fact that Winter break was starting today and the thought was frightening him. he would have to be at home for a while which meant he was less likely to avoid Myungsoo. He wondered what he could do to avoid him as much as possible but just as he thought that, the world him once more.

When Sungjong arrived home--His room was cleared as if he didn't live there anymore and he was confused. Did something clean it? No it couldn't have been cleaned...it was gone....gone....did someone steal his things?" He went and pouted, walking out to go and question a maid. "Oh, upon request from Mr. Kim, we've moved all your things into Young master Myungsoo's room." She explained and Sungjong almost blurted out a 'WHAT?' but he controlled himself and blankly nodded. Walking to the stiars and looking down them, Maybe he could fall down them and 'accidently' break his neck? He wondered this dramatically before sighing and reluctantly going into the room to see a just as confused Myungsoo (Which was great because at least this wasn't of his doings.)

"Who's underwear are these--?" Myungsoo questioned and Sungjong's face turned bright red--quickly dashing to snatch the cloth from him and protectively clutching it behind his back as if the other male hadn't seen them already. "Dont touch my things!" Sungjong yelled with embarressment before Myungsoo made the connection and began laughing hard, and Sungjong didn't hesitate to punch him.
 Myungsoo rubbed the spot as his laughs died down. "You punch harder than you look." Myungsoo said between soft laughters and Sungjong was not amused, his face annoyed. "I'm pretty sure you knew that already, Mr. Bloody nose. You're lucky it wasn't intentiional--I would have broken it then." Sungjong proudly spoke as he sighed and cautiously sat on the bed. It was stiffer than the one in his room, he couldnt help pouting a bit. Uncomfortable in ALL ways--Wonderful. he thought to himself with sarcasm.

"It's bad enough I might have to marry you--but we have to sleep in the same room!?" Sungjong whined loudly  as he flopped backwards and rolled onto his side in a dramatic fashion. Myungsoo only watched with a grin on his face, amused. "Call me 'Oppa' Too." Myungsoo cooed before a pillow was thrown at him violently. foreseeing some sort of violent action, he doged it--smirking. "What?" He replied to Sungjong's angry glare. "You jerk." Sungjong grumbled as he sighed loudly and pitifully rested his face into the bed spread. "What did I do now?" Myungsoo asked, going to sit on the other side in which Sungjong looked up quickly. "Don't sit there!" He exclaimed in which Myungsoo blinked and continued to sit anyway, bringing his legs up and leaning back to relax. "well, Its my bed?" He muttered before whining pitifully. "Oh god--" he muttered finally realizing that he'd have to share the bed with him. "I call the bed! You sleep on the couch." Sungjong stubbornly spoke, "Why's that?" Myungsoo questioned, seeming to already have his answer but he seemed to enjoy pressing Sungjong's buttons. "Because you got me into this mess in the first place!?" Sungjong questioned loudly as if it wasn't obvious already.

"Are you sure you don't like it--just a little?" Myungsoo questioned with a small grin and, without meaning too, Sungjong gave it some real thought. "Of Course not." "Why did you have to think about it then?" Myungsoo asked, smirking wider and wider--doging another pillow that was aimed for his head. "Its my bed, So i'm gonna sleep it." Myungsoo explained before Sungjong sighed and defiantly got up so put his things on the floor and sleep. Kim Myungsoo The spoiled prince always gets what he wants, but Sungjong was defiant and wasn't going to give it to him. Pulling a jacket over his body and closing his eyes--He silently promised himself that he'd be stubborn and difficult till the end. 

===

Upon waking, Sungjong quietly sighed and rolled over, pulling up the cover over him. He was curious for a second--the floor was definately warmer and more comfortable than he remembered it to be. Slowly opening his eyes, he squinted out--trying to fully wake up and scan his surroundings. When did he get on the bed? Sitting up slowly, he reached up to rub at his eyes. Where was Myungsoo then? Stretching in comfort, he looked to the window and saw that The sun was starting to shine from the windows and he slowly got out of the bed, shivering at the loss of warmth as he got out of the bed and quickly took the moment of him being alone to shower and change his clothes quietly and quickly.

Heading out of the room quietly, he opened the door--Cursing the soft creak of it and hearing a soft murmur as a lump of black rustled on the couch. Sungjong approached quietly and leaned over to see it was Myungsoo. This suprised his more than anything. "Did he--?" he muttered quietly to himself but the sound of his soft voice caused Myungsoo to stur in his sleep so he ceased. Watching him sleep for a moment and pouting, "Tch, You make me feel like the bad guy." he muttered in a even more hushed voice as he reached to brush some hair from Myungsoo's face and gently tuck it behind his ear before silently cursing himself for even touching him. This is the enemy--Don't get soft here. Sungjong sighed and studied his face. When he wasn't smirking--or talking or doing things to make him angry, He didn't seem that bad. His looks were good too..Sungjong cursed himself once more for praising him and stood up to go elsewhere so he could stop sympathising with the enemy.

Leaving the room quietly, Sungjong closed the door behind him and began to walk, Thinking to himself in the silence. Really, He didn't even fully understand why it was that Myungsoo liked him because, seriously? Out of all the people who bowwed down to him and praised the name Kim Myungsoo--Sungjong is the one and only person who does not. How did he get so unlucky? Remembering the two previous kisses, he childishly kicked the air around him once or twice before continuing to travel. His feet took him to what he remembered to be the Library. It was breathtaking--the amount of books and it made him happy in his own way. Maybe he could live in here? It definately would be more comfortable.

Walking through isle upon isle, he wondered if anyone ever really took care of this place. It was dusty and quiet but still comfortable despite that. The only reason he knew this place was checked on was because the tables and chairs were clean and dustless--but that was the only thing; The shelves neglected.  Selecting a few books despite the fact that they were dusty, he read for a few hours--enjoying the silence before making his way out. At least he'd have something to do--re-reading old books got tiring after a while honestly.

Heading to the room above, he entered just as quietly, placing the books on a table to the side and happily nearing the piano and sweeping off the film of dust on the keys and dusted the chair just incase before comfortably sitting. Straightening his posture before ghosting his slender fingers over the keys. It really had been a while. He remembered when he was little and he would play for Sayuri to sing too and Minyoung would play the audience. Could he remember that song? he wondered as he thought on the meledy before his fingers moved--wrong key. "Haa~, it's been so long.. too long." He muttered softly and gently dragged his fingers across the top of the keys--careful enough not to press too much that he didnt play a sound from them before Moving his hands over, he began to play the song a bit with a grin, changing too fur elise by beethoven afterwards. "You can play?" Sungjong jumped and looked back to see Myungsoo leaning against the door frame. "You play good." "Why are you in here?" Sungjong grumbled, annoyed to have been heard. "Well, I came to play something but I heard the piano so I got curious." Myungsoo spoke, going to sit on a chair nearby and picked up a guitar. "Why are you everywhere I am, always?" Sungjong muttered, pouting a bit as he turned around to see him, tuning the guitar. "I come here everyday, you just happened to be here this time." Myungsoo spoke carelessly as he began strumming the guitar.

Sungjong listened quietly and hated to admit that he played it well. "You play it good...I guess..." Sungjong stubbornly spoke as he sniffled softly in an awkward fashion. "Should I sing something for you?" Myungsoo suggested--Sungjong, curious but not saying a yes or no. Without hearing a yes or no, Myungsoo took a moment to think of a good song. After a couple of seconds, Seeming to come up with one, he grinned a small grin and then beginning to strum and then sing.


"I don't know what to do with myself
You're so beautiful, even when you don't smile
I'm so happy by just looking at you
You drive me crazy


Even the sound of your snores sounds sweet
You smell sweet, even when you stink
You radiate even when you don't wash
You drive me crazy"

Myungsoo glanced up out of curiousity to see the response as he continued, grinning to himself as he did so. Sungjong's facial expression looked nonchalant, trying to seem unaffected but the light colour of red over Sungjong's cheeks was giving him away. Myungsoo Continued to sing a little more, looking up at Sungjong every once in a while to give the words a bit more impact.

"What if I really go crazy?
What if I stop breathing all of a sudden?
The sleep in your eyes to me is

It's so nice, so nice, so nice

The hole in your tights to me is
It's so nice, so nice, so nice

A second, a minute is like jewel to me
Don't have the time to fight because
We don't even have enough time to love
You drive me crazy
"

When he finished, he looked up with a satisfied grin. Sungjong was actually really suprised--Myungsoo sang well and his voice was good sounding. He hated himself for wanting to hear it more, the sound was crisp and he wondered why he didn't pursue singing--his voice was breathtaking. With those type of actions, he relucantly realized why people were swooning around him. What else could he do? Something about it made him mad but also ... interested.

"I'm suprised." Sungjong quietly spoke and Myungsoo raised a curious eyebrow, humming in question. "I didn't expect that from you I guess.." Sungjong muttered, reluctant to give him a straightforward compliment, but Myungsoo was pleased eitherway. Sungjong's actions told what he was really thinking. "Can you sing, Sungjong?" At the question, Sungjong shrugged his arms. "I'm alright I guess." he replied with nonchalance. "I wanna hear it someday." he spoke before placing the guitar down carefully and standing up. "How many hours have you been up here?" He questioned and Sungjong took a thought, "What time is it now?" he asked curiously before Myungsoo pulled the cloth on his arm back a bit. "3PM" Sungjong was suprised. What time did he wake up? He knew that it had to be atleast after 12 because Myungsoo was up and it was saturday--he must have spent alot of time reading in the other room. "A while." he simply replied and Myungsoo nodded before leaving Sungjong to himself now.

Sungjong stared after him after he was gone and pouted to himself with a quiet sigh before continuing to play--Moonlight Sonata now.

---

After a good amount of time, Sungjong's stomache growled and he got up to reply to it. Heading out and seeing Chiyo who was dressed in a funny outfit and seemed to be venturing. "Going on an adventure?" he questioned with a grin at the small girl who had dressed herself in camaflouge clothes and topped it off with her randoseru, Long rainbow striped socks, and big large red glasses that had no lenses inside the frames. Sungjong found her to be very amusing when she would do things like this. "There is treasure here!" Chiyo exclaimed before Sungjong played along, opening his eyes wide. "Is that so?" Chiyo nodded eagerly before, running around him and looking left--then right.

 "It's dangerous to be walking around alone Nii-chan!" She whispered loudly and Sungjong chuckled "Oh--I didn't know that. Well...Did you eat yet? Adventurerers need to eat too! I'd feel alot safer if you could me there and keep me safe!" Sungjong suggested and Chiyo's eyes seemed to sparkle at a task for her to do and she skipped ahead, looking back to her and eccentricly leading the way downstairs and to the kitchen. Stopping him everyonce in a while to eye off the perimeter before continuing on her way. When they arrived, Chiyo pulled out a calculator from her backpack's side pocket and made a walkietalkie sound into it. "The Target is safe!" She spoke before pulling out a magnifying glass from the other zipper and heading to the refridgerator and climbing inside to reach the top shelf and pull out a small bag of sweetened strawberries. "Treasure!" She exclaimed and Sungjong made a suprised face. "Wahh~ You're the best!" he played along and grinned in response as Chiyo beamed happily to his compliments.

 "Did you eat yet?" Sungjong questioned as he went to go find food and prepare it. Chiyo climbed into the chair thoughtfully. "Nope, I saw the ladies making a cake because there is a marriage happening. Is someone coming to get married?" Chiyo asked and Sungjong grimaced, tensing at the word marriage. Where they making him and Myungsoo a wedding cake? Sungjong couldnt help but sigh in annoyance and gently squeeze the bridge of his nose to relieve his stress. "Hm, I guess we'll find out." He muttered quietly and brought a plate to chiyo and pulled a chair beside her. Watching her eat for a moment before he himself began to eat.

After they finished eating, he sent Chiyo off and went to seek out Minyoung. Chiyo had only reminded him that he needed to press her more to delay and stop this whole marriage sittuation. Finally coming across her, Sungjong closed the door behind him and sat down with a obviously pout. "Bad news, I'll just tell you right now." Minyoung spoke, feeling Sungjong's gaze on her as she worked, cleaning some dishes. "I can't stop the wedding from happening." "Noona!!--" Sungjong started to whine pitifully, "But--" "But?" Sungjong asked curiously, leaning forward into his chair. "You guys are gonna have a quiet marriage but they will take pictures for the press," Sungjong paniced at this--EVERYONE was going to know he was MARRYING him? How much worse could this get. "You guys will be married for a little while and the deal is, if you guys don't like the setup in a couple months or so--I dunno, You can divorce then." Minyoung explained and Sungjong sighed, rubbing his temples to relieve the stress. "Alright." Sungjong quietly spoke now before getting up and leaving without anything else to say.  At least there was a light at the end of the tunnel.

Returning to the room, he was glad it was empty before he reached for his phone, scrolling through his inbox and landed on Dongwoo-- calling him and explaining the sittuation. "Agh, I see. Well at least you have something to look forward to?" Dongwoo suggested trying to be upbeat but Sungjong was feeling bummed. "These few weeks of breaks are gonna kill me. Its only the first offical day and I'm having a Hard time finding things to do." he whined pitifully and dongwoo chuckled. "Well We have alot of events happening. Why not come by? You don't have to work but i'm sure everyone would love to see you around!" Dongwoo suggested and Sungjong smiled. "Thats perfect! I want to, I want to!" "I invited Hoya and Sungyeol to come along too--we can all hang out and spend the day there." "Hoya Hyung?!" Sungjong asked happily and Dongwoo laughed. "Don't get too excited now, he has to work a little bit, but he has a short shift that day so he'll be with us--yeah." Sungjong smiled brightly now. "Okay~ I can't wait." Sungjong spoke cheerfully now at the fact that Hoya would be there as well, he wanted to see him.

He hadn't heard when Myungsoo came in and when he finally hung up, he jumped and turned, squeaking and letting out a annoyed groan. "Will you stop that!?" Sungjong pitifully whined before sighing and laying on the bed. "Sorry." Myungsoo simply said as he organized things in the room. It was messy but it seemed like he was making an effort to clean it because he was here, Sungjong noticed this.

"Where are you going?" Myungsoo questioned after a while, it seemed as if he was hesitant to ask it but after a bit he decided on it. "Oh uhm one of Dongwoo's hotels are going to have an event." Sungjong vaguely replied and Myungsoo nodded. "Oh. That's what Sungyeol was talking about." he muttered quietly to himself, thinking on about something before sighing quietly to himeslf and heading to the door. "Goodnight." He simply said and closed the door. Was he willingly giving him the bed now? Sungjong was actually suprised and he changed his clothes before going to crawl into the bed and lay in comfort.

There was a itching at the side of his mind and it kept bothering him as he sat and read the book that he'd retrieved from the library.
He kept thinking about Myungsoo who would be sleeping on the couch and he felt guilty. Why? Sungjong groaned and sighed, placing the book down and quietly cursing his self conscious and heading to the door, peeking his head out a tiny bit to see Myungsoo was wearing a large black hoodie and reclining on the couch, watching TV before he slept. Sungjong sighed once more before going out reluctantly--the creak of the door notifying Myungsoo as he turned his attention over to Sungjong--giving him a curious look as the boy made his way over to him and cleared his throat to prepare himself for what he was going to say.

"I have a proposal." Sungjong spoke and Myungsoo furrowed his eyebrows, picking up the remote to turn the sound down on the TV before returning his attention back to Sungjong. "I.." Sungjong started before sighing again. "I'll let you sleep in the bed, but on certain conditions." Sungjong spoke before rasing a finger. "You stay on your side," he raised another finger. "If you snore, I have permission to puta pillow on your face." He raised one last finger. "And Most important You can't touch me." Myungsoo seemed to laugh quietly at this but nodded, "I can do that I guess." he spoke and Sungjong nodded with uncertaintly before gathering pillows from the couch and heading back into the room and tidying the bed up a bit before splitting the sides in half by placing pillows along the middle and then getting in the bed.  There was another tv in the room and Myungsoo turned that on before taking his hoodie off and getting in on his side.

Sungjong moved slightly with discomfort as he tried to ffind a comfortable spot. Myungsoo who was sat up, grinned, watching him do so. "You could sleep alot better without the pillow barricade." Myungsoo spoke and Sungjong turned to look at him, "Don't push it." Sungjong spoke, pouting as he pursed his lips tightly together, giving him a look before turning away from him and forcing himself to sleep.

 


A/N; The song that Myungsoo is singing is:  10cm - 죽겠네 ( JukGaennAe )