The Hired Help

"Sungjong, Watch CheungAe and make sure she doesnt run off." Min instructed as if he wasn't doing so. Sungjong opened his mouth to comment but quickly closed it after, keeping his comments to himself because he knew that Min was stressed--the weight of everything must have felt like it was all on her shoulders, dragging her down as she fought so hard to stand up.

 "Why does Midori Nee-chan keep calling me that?" Chiyo questioned, Turning her head to her left and tugging at her older sister, Sayuri's hand to gather her attention. "That's your Korean name Chii." Sayuri explained calmly with patience, peering down to the wide-eyed five year old that was nearly dragging her and her older brother, Sungjong, down the airport walk-way.

The Airport felt like it was bigger here. It'd been long since they visited Korea and before it was in small Gwangju--not the bustling heart of Seoul. As they walked through, Sungjong took a look around at the people passing; Loudly gabbing into cellphones and rolling gaudy suitcases-- ties and suits, fancy watches. Sungjong forgot that people could look this way--spiffy and well endowed.

The conveyur belt jolting to its on position with a hollow sound before the machine began to move, murmur, purr. Bags upon bags were shown and people picked them up before heading off. Minyoung reached for their bags with the help of Sungjong. The family had little left from their initial move, so the task took little to no time and they were in taxi, scrunched together as they headed torwards the destination.

When they arrived, pulling their bags from the trunk, it was as if this was a joke--At least to Sungjong it seemed.


The home was large--gigantic, enormous! Layers upon layers, spotted with windows that let sunshine inside if need be but also were equipped with small lights around the edges. Some of the windows had a cover for rain and some had balconies, Sungjong made a mental headcount of Thirty variously shaped Windows across the frontsides of the building. From the angle they were parked, he could see the edge of a Colourful garden off towards the back--The shrubs shaped professionally and bright with the colour of their being--A fountain with a statue and somesort of green house. The outter walls of building a soft yellow, boardered with a brown wood--The dim lights that were on, glowed upon the yellow pain and made it almost look golden. The entire estate wrapped with the seal of a gate Circling the centered Fountain that softly resonated the area with a soothing sound of clear smooth streams, and there were rows of similar but uniquely designed mansions besides it. ( as if one wasn't enough) -- and everyone was simply taking their bags out of the small rickety taxicab like it was no big deal. He could barely believe it. Chiyo was the only one who seemed to be in awe as she  looked up from the ground all the way up to the tippy top in an slow exaggerated fashion. "Uuuuwah~!" She gasped before running back to Sungjong who was distractedly pulling the last of the suitcases out of the trunk.

"Nii-chan!" She loudly whispered with excitement, eyes wide and glistening. "Uhn." he replied quietly as he closed the trunk and handed the small lavender coloured backpack to the small girl who gratefully took it, pulling it on over her shoulders. "Are we princesses and prince now!?" She squeaked excitedly, Sungjong couldnt help but chuckle at this, taking the small child's hand in his as they neared the front to the gate. "Wouldn't that be nice?" Sungjong questioned with a grin to the small girl who nodded eagerly,  a huge smile spread over her face. "You're already a princess!" Sayuri sweetly added into the conversation as Minyoung pressed the button on the gate security machine to be let in.

The gates opened slowly with a grand creak and Sungjong felt like he was going to be sick. Somehow the cloudy sky made it look eerie and haunting, but the way the gates opened in at the middle, Sungjong couldnt help thinking that this was waaay too Disney fairytale for his liking. Chiyo, on the other hand, was ecstatic--thrilled and had a bounce to her step as they entered the premises. How did places like this even exist in korea? Was that even possible?

"Midori-chan!" A voice exclaimed and Minyoung grinned, walking ahead of the others to greet the person. Sungjong didnt remember her face but Sayuri did and mentioned that she was the student that Minyoung used to teach. "I'm glad you'll work here, its great to see something familiar in this place!" She giggled before noticing the children behind and smiled softly to them "Oh, Wow." she muttered before smiling to them "Welcome, I'm not sure if you remember me--but I'm Inoue Asami." She greeted in japanese and bowed in respect, kindness. Sungjong eyed her over and naturally blurted out "How old are you?" "Lee Sungjong, You dont ask a woman that!" Minyoung shouted at him in korean and he looked to her with a defensive look that said 'What?', he hadn't meant anything malicious by the question, she just looked young, too young to be moving alone to Korea by herself and be working. Asami shook her head and grinned, turning back to Minyoung. "Thats okay Midori." She giggled, turning her attention on Sungjong. "Souta...Sou-kkun, was it?" Sungjong nodded, "Well, Sou-kkun. I am 20 years old." She explained and Sungjong slowly nodded in slight disblelief, was that the truth? Her Cheeks were round but her body was thin and lithe, eyes large; He was suprised to find that she was older than him; She was shorter than him as well which didnt help her case, but Sungjong seemed to have been featured with his korean features more dominantly so his taller height was a normalcy. "Well, I'll show you guys in." Asami spoke softly as she turned and led them inside the home.

As if the large home wasn't large enough looking outside--stepping inside was even more spacious and Sungjong couldnt help the soft gasp that choked its way out of his throat. How many people lived in this place? Why would anyone need this much room for anything? The home seemed to go on forever and ever.  "Uuuuuwah~" Chiyo happily gasped once more as they stepped in; this little one was loving this. "I'll Show you around, but first you'll probably wanna put your bags down so I'll show you to each of your rooms." Asami explained as she led them up a long staircase that seemed to spiral up and up forever.

Sungjong could barely believe what his eyes were seeing; stopping in his steps for a minute second and blinking as Asami's words registered in his mind. "Wait--Each of our rooms? You mean..All of us will get our own rooms?" Sungjong questioned dumbly, Asami only smiled, "Well, There is plenty of room for it, dont you think?" She questioned with another giggle. "Nee-chan Nee-chan!" Chiyo suddenly said, Letting go of Sungjong's hand to scurry over to Asami's side, tugging at the hem of her dress to get her attention. "What kind of people live here? Princesses and princes?" She questioned eagerly and Asami only let out a calm laugh. "Mmm...I Suppose you could say that." She replied and Chiyo turned back with her eyes large, mouth wide open before scurrying to Sayuri's side and grasping the girl's hand, swinging their arms together.  Sungjong could only chuckle to himself at her excitement, at least one of them was enjoying this.

"Don't run up here." Minyoung quietly scolded the younger who in return, puffed out her bottom lip,turning to Sayuri to loudly whisper, "Midori Nee-chan Is so grumpy today!" Sayuri, in response to this, choked back a giggle-- Sungjong, Stifled a grin as Minyoung gave them all a threatening look.

The group were sorted and showed one by one which room they had, allowing them to place their things inside. Sayuri's was next to Chiyo's, Midori's was the farthest and Sungjong was the opposite direction. The space here was too vast and he was wondering if it was possible to have a phobia is large places as he followed behind the directions. "What if we get lost?" Sayuri questioned as they were shown Sungjong's room. Blocking out everything else now as he finally got a look inside as he placed his bags down. The room looked like an hotel room you'd see in the movies, large and spacious--set for only the rich and famous. The windows all had curtain drapes which lay behind a rich wood table and chairs placed around it to sit, a pretty lamp was placed onto the table and nearby another table with a similar lamp, placed next to a couch that had pillow rests for your feet, a flat-screen Television that was directly across--mounted into the wall. A door opened in and he found that it sectioned off a bedroom that was smaller in space but still rather spacious; a Bathroom, closet, and balcony were present. It was beautiful to say the least.

He definately had come a long way from locking himself in a room and hiding in a closet on a daily basis, Somehow this felt like a dream. Unreal, Which in the sense of these circumstances, wasn't very outlandish of an emotion. Leaving out of the room, he figured he'd been gazing long enough and returned to the rest of them. "Alright, I'll show you the rest." Just as Sungjong had began to thing that things were coming to a end, there was more, and more, and a little more behind that. A music room, A library,  A playroom, Art room. Why would anyone ever leave outside when they had so much here? A kitchen with chefs, a pool, A outside and inside garden--Sungjong wasn't so sure if he hated this place or loved it at this point. 

A loud stomping of footsteps interruped their tour as a small boy with raven black hair dashed out in front of them and stopped with a skid as he spotted them, his large smirk-like grin thinning into a line of curiousity as he looked at them. "He gets to run." Chiyo quietly muttered to herself, pouting and Sayuri Chuckled the tiny girl's head. A boy with a stoic expression followed soon after, Hands pressed lazily into his pockets as he followed behind. His eyes cold and sharp--Adorned with Handsome features that Sungjong could tell that he was probably a playboy with those looks.

"Oh, Master Myungsoo." Asami greeted the boy in korean with a bow before turning to them once more, switching to her native japanese language. "These are the sons of the family, Myungsoo, and the little one is Jaesun." Asami explained before the boy, whom she called Myungsoo, eyed them over slowly--Eyes stopped on Sungjong and keeping them there for a moment. Sungjong only could give him a slightly disgusted look, but said nothing--his eyes said enough.  "Who're all these girls?" The boy camly questioned as he broke the staring contest and looked to asami once more. Sungjong had to control himself from glaring. "I'm a boy!" he grumbled in clear korean, shocking the boy who figured that they wouldnt speak any of it, his face stayed the same, but his eyes showed the shock. "Midori is the help I recommended to your Father." Asami explained before Jae Sun, grew tired of waiting for the older people to talk and dashed off in a different Direction. Myungsoo's eyes followed him before returning back to Sungjong, eyeing him up and down once or twice before focusing in on his face, lingering only momentarily. "Hm." He quietly hummed to himself before following the smaller boy. That question he was wondering before? Did he love it here or hate it? He was sure now: Hated it.

Sungjong glared after him, How dare he look at him. Who did he think he was? (Well...A rich attractive son of a very famous and well respected family, but that was besides the point.) He had no right to judge him. This, 'Myungsoo' didnt even know him and only had been in his presense for a mere few moments and Sungjong already could tell he was going to hate him.  "Tsk, What an ..." Sungjong grumbled to himself before he felt smack to the back of his head, "Yah! You be polite, We don't want to waste this oppurtunity because you can't be nice!" Minyoung growled as Sungjong grimaced at the smack to his head, angrily sulking behind them for the remainder of the tour. "Nii-chan said a swear." Chiyo whispered to Sayuri.

Heading out to view the garden more in depth, A girl was there, kneeling down by some flowers that were blue and radiant. Upon hearing the door open, she slowly turned her head and rose to her feet slowly--her dark black hair cascading and slipping over her shoulders as she moved. Fierce gazes must have run in the family, the girl stared at them nonchalantly; lashes coated with a makeup, pouty plus lips, cheeks flush with the orangeish-pink hue of blush that complimented the blue contacts she wore. Simply being said, She was beautiful, breath-taking--just as the two he'd seen before were. (Although Sungjong made a mental comment to himself sourly that sayuri was much more beautiful than her.)

"Mistress Sumin, the new arrivals are here." Asami spoke as they neared, her voice was soft and weak sounding--never raising too loud, The girl named Sumin seemed to strain to hear her words but after registering them she nodded and eyed them over before a small grin graced her lips and she slowly stepped forward and kneeled down--Attention on Chiyo.  "How cute, I always wanted a sister." Sumin muttered as Chiyo stared at her--Eyes round and glowing in awe. "Are you the princess?" She mummbled  and Sumin dropped her head down some to laugh a bit and she flattened Chiyo's frindge, petting her affectionately before standing up. "I'll probably see more of you later, Nice meeting you. " She spoke before walking around them. Compared to her of a brother--she didnt seem so bad. Sungjong got the vibe that the smallest boy was a brat--but he wouldnt place a word on them until he'd seen real proof with his own eyes.

After walking and showing the way around the garden, Chiyo's feet began to take heavy steps and her yawns became more frequent, rubbing at her eyes absentmindedly as she fought to stay awake, trudging behind. Asami seemed to take notice of it after a while and chuckled softly. "I'm sure you're all pretty tired from the flight in though, why dont you rest up for the day and I'll tell about the other things you need to know starting in the moring?" Asami suggested and they all agreed, Minyoung picking up the tired five year old who naturally wrapped her arms  and legs around her and rested her cheek to her shoulder, eyes heavy with fatigue. "G'night Sami Nee-chan--Sou Nii-chan." Chiyo slowly spoke, obviously exhausted as they parted. Sungjong headed to his room, sighing as he looked around the large area.

Heading into the room, he breathed in deeply and took in his surroundings bit by bit. Would he really be living here from now on? This was too much. Heading into the bathroom; the awestruck expression filled his features once more. Was everything big in here? Nearing the Shower--he took a shower with warm water--a definate luxury; before in their rundown home where they had to heat up the water and use it, being impatient as he was--he simply took a cold shower and washed the minimum. This shower was large and relaxing with a glass door sectioning it off, he took his time and stayed there for some time; enjoying the warmth of the water. After getting out, he changed in a spare clothes. "I need more." he muttered to himself idly as he looked at the Pyjamas that were slightly showing his arms--Blackish-blue marks were sprinkled up the length of his arm until they faded--hiden by the cloth of the fabrics he wore. Sungjong on normal occassions would wear baggy clothes--long sleeve shirts to hide them; but at this moment it didnt really matter--Now that he had escaped that family, they would soon fade away and become a distant memory. (Or so he wished it would.) Heading to bed--slowly getting in with a quiet huff of breathe, the bed was soft too, This was definately worth putting up with an annoying if he could live like this from now on. Sungjong had came from warmth and then was ripped from it--pushing him into the cold and forcing the scared boy to act, then a sense of familiarity but no comofort; now that he was here--he wondered what would become of him.