XVI

The Hired Help

 

Myungsoo figured that Sungjong was extremely upset because for a good few days he barely saw him.

Strolling the halls he heard the tune of the piano playing and he wondered if maybe Sumin had gone in early to play. Opening the door, the music stopped abruptly and Sungjong's round eyes, looked back--filled with curiosity before becoming hard. he stood up quickly to make his way out and Myungsoo abruptly Closed the door behind him, stopping him. "Sungjong." He muttered standing infront of the door as Sungjong had attempted to reach for the doorknob. "So you're gonna just ignore me until the two months is up?" He questioned and Sungjong looked up at him with a look that comfirmed his question. "You're not talking to me either? You can't say something to me?" "Something." Sungjong curtly replied in a smartalec type fashion and myungsoo sighed. "Okay... you're upset, But i'm upset too." Myungsoo spoke and sungjong furrowed his eyebrows, questioning that reason. "...Because you always stand by Hoya's side and give him hugs...I'm upset." "Says you-- Hoya and I don't make out in front of you, unlike two people I know..--Infact, we've never even kissed, the only person I've kissed is you." Sungjong grumbled and Myungsoo seemed a little too happy about that but didnt say a word. "You're always thinking about Hoya, always looking for him and never think about me, that makes me uspet." Sungjong rolled his eyes at this, pursing his lips together. "Am I supposed to think about you?" he questioned and Myungsoo sighed. "To stay away from me, You spent all your time at Hoya's house these past few days, right?" Myungsoo asked and Sungjong said nothing. "That makes me upset." Sungjong sighed at this. "Why would that make you upset?" Sungjong asked, with an obvious tone of disinterest in his voice.

Myungsoo shifted slightly in a uncomfortable fashion. "You know how I feel about you, Sungjong..." he murmed in a quiet voice. "No, I don't." Sungjong quipped as Myungsoo sighed, taking a deep breathe. He'd been the one pushing Sungjong around before but now the tables turned and Sungjong seemed to be the one at hand, pressing his buttons. "That I....I.." Myungsoo was hesitating to say it and Sungjong stared at him expectantly. "See, That's why I dont believe you. You never say it directly to me. you're just playing around with me, you dont honestly feel a thing." Sungjong spat, patience wearing thin as he tried to move Myungsoo out of the way, feeling done with this conversation.

 "I'm just--" He'd raised his voice a little too high and Sungjong was kind of startled by it, slightly jumping but still remained strong and stubborn. Myungsoo sighed and continued it in a quieter tone. "I'm just...not used to...these kinds of things." Myungsoo slowly spoke. "What kinds of things?" Myungsoo looked up at the ceiling, showing his distress in this sittuation. "Talking.. and...emotions." Myungsoo finally spoke and he sighed, leaning back into the door. "I don't ever...say what i'm..thinking or...feeling." He slowly spoke, and it was almost as if he was pushing the words out of him, "Its not easy for me to make bold statements and come up with the right thing to say right away... In fact, I dont talk all that much in general." Myungsoo continued on, of course Sungjong saw the more talkative side of Myungsoo but he could understand these words.

Sungjong was listening now and Myungsoo took that as a good sign, "I honestly don't know how to...get you to like me... and because I messed up before, you won't give me a chance either." Myungsoo spoke sharply and Sungjong pursed his lips, looking elsewhere. That wasnt false. "You think i'm a lier and a playboy..  and...maybe i was those things before..but since you came here I've only looked at you." Sungjong sighed then at these words. "I really...like, you." Myungsoo admitted slowly before sighing and looking up with a soft chuckle, "Hell, it might be even more than that now." Myungsoo continued on slowly. "And I won't lie-- I'm not even the least bit sorry that i'm holding you back from Hoya. I'm selfish and I want you to be only mine." Sungjong stayed quiet and Myungsoo sighed with exasperation. "Sungjong, look at me." When he didn't , he cupped the boys chin and turned him to look at him.

Myungsoo stared, searching into the round doe-like eyes that had softened since the beginning of the conversation--he seemed to be thinking, processing the words that he'd just heard and thinking if he should believe these words, how he should react. Myungsoo pressed on a little bit, "I'm pretty sure that I love you, Sungjong."

Sungjong's eyes slowly fell to the ground and he stayed quiet for a moment longer before breathing in a deep breath. "So...what happens if I decided to believe you?" he finally questioned, softly now. Myungsoo shrugged, "That choice is up to you." "Then what do you think that I should do about that?" Myungsoo stayed quiet and thought on it for a minute.  "I think...that you should Give me a chance." Sungjong took a deep breath, "Okay." Myungsoo blinked, suprised by the simple and quick answer, He didn't expect Sungjong to so easily do anything so he stood in a shock for a moment. "O-Okay?" he repeated and Sungjong nodded to show that he was serious.

===

Myungsoo sighed, allowing a white cloud of air to hover afront him. It was snowing this morning but he didn't mind it. His  mind was too full to care. A soft, 'Hyung' caught his attention as he looked back curiously to see Sungjong, rubbing at his eyes in a sleepy fashion. "Oh, morning." Myungsoo spoke as Sungjong went beside him, attempting to lean onto the balcony but quickly going against that action after feeling the cold touch and the snow that was slowly building on the outside edge. Sungjong shivered visibly. "How long have you been out here?" Sungjong questioned as he wrapped his arms around himself and Myungsoo shrugged in responce. "The sun wasn't up." Sungjong's eyes widened, the sun was starting to rise now, the sky starting to meld into a shade of blue as Snow sprinkled down from above. "That long?!" He questioned, looking Myungsoo over like he was crazy--he hadnt even a sweater on, nor shoes; his cheeks and ears were flushed pink with the harsh effects of winter's pull.

Sungjong left momentarily before returning inside to grab a warm quilt and standing on his tippytoes to wrap Myungsoo in it. "Thanks." Myungsoo spoke as  Sungjong nodded. "What are you doing out here?" he questioned, finally, shivering from the cold. Myungsoo glanced at him, taking notice of the goosebumps prinkling the younger boy's arm and he reached over pulling him closer before hugging him from behind and effectively wrapping the blanket around the two of them.

Sungjong tensed up a bit at first but took a soft, deep breathe, closing his eyes as he leaned back comfortably into his embrace, bringing his hands up to slightly hold onto the arms around him. Myungsoo grinned, resting his chin onto his shoulder. "I was thinking about what i'm gonna do with you." Myungsoo spoke softly but it made shivers go down Sungjong's spine. "O-oh?" he murmured, Myungsoo nodded his head slowly against Sungjong's shoulder.

The two stood there in comfort for some while and Sungjong softly sighed as Myungsoo rubbed his arm slightly, pressing down the goosebumps from the cold weather--his touch; he still felt odd about how comfortable it felt to be near Myungsoo like this, he continued to tell himself that it didnt mean a thing though. 

Sungjong sighed again. How is it he was supposed to give Myungsoo a chance? what was he supposed to do?
"What is it?" Myungsoo questioned and Sungjong stayed quiet for a moment before turning back into his embrace and wrapping his arms around his middle as he leaned in, resting his head against him. "Mn." he hummed, shaking his head a bit to show it was nothing. Myungsoo was suprised by the action, but continued to hold him, slowly stepping back a few feet, moving them back inside the room.  

Letting the blanket fall off their shoulders so they could move better before Myungsoo sat on the bed, effectively pulling Sungjong ontop of him as he laid back, putting the blanket over them once more before returning his arms around Sungjong. Suprisingly enough, Sungjong was obidient and followed Myungsoo's movements; He wasn't uncomfortable, so he didnt protest.

"Sayuri told me to think about it too" mummbled in barely a whisper as he lay over him, listening to his deep heartbeats, 'Soothing' is what he thought. "Think about what?" Myungsoo questioned just as quietly, "How I felt about you. Apparently we have a fanclub." Sungjong murmured, listening to the deep rumbles of Myungsoo's soft and drowsy chuckle. "And?" He questioned and Sungjong sighed softly. "I really don't know." Sungjong quietly replied--Myungsoo let out a slow breath. had he been holding that in? Since when? He heard the slight increase in beats of his heart. Myungsoo said nothing but he could tell he was thinking, calculating.

They laid in the silence until Myungsoo rolled them over, slightly hovering him, but leaning off to the right, perching his arm up so he could rest his head into the palm of his hand and stare down at the boy, admire him. his large chestnut eyes looking up at him as if trying to read him and Myungsoo couldn't help grinning a bit, the dimple in his cheek becoming prominent. "What?" Sungjong softly questioned and Myungsoo shook his head a tiny bit, reaching with his left hand to gingerly cup his cheek, an arch over his cheek as he continued to gaze at him. "You're just so cute." Myungsoo quietly spoke and Sungjong let the eye contant between them slip, looking down--feeling shy suddenly before looking back up to Myungsoo again who was gazing so deeply at him. "Can I try something?" Myungsoo questioned and Sungjong pondered it momentarily before slowly nodding in his curiousity. When Myungsoo leaned in, Sungjong slightly flinched out of a habit, shutting his eyes quickly. Myungsoo paused for a moment as he did, eyeing him carefully but after a moment of no refusals, he continued on, pressing his lips against Sungjong's and this time Sungjong felt something. His stomache was tying in knotts, Myungsoo moved his lips and Sungjong slowly mirrored it before Myungsoo slowly pulled away, gazing down to gauge Sungjong's reaction.

The soft crimson colour on his cheeks, eyes hazy--but attentive. "Anything?" Myungsoo quietly questioned, Sungjong's tongue peeked through his lips momentarily to moisten them as he looked away, not saying a thing. It wasn't an bad sign..bu then it wasn't exactly a great one either. Myungsoo leaned in again, slowly but boldly as he kissed him again, deeper this time. The sound of Myungsoo's phone caused him to pull back, Sungjong reluctantly raised his head some to regain his lips as Myungsoo pulled back. Myungsoo pressed two chaste kisses to his lips before unwillingly pushing himself up with a sigh as he went for his phone. "Yeah?" he replied as he answered it, "Myungsoo, I have a problem." Sungyeol's voice. Myungsoo ran a hand through his hair, sighing deeply. really? At this moment? "I need you to come here, its important." "Right now?" "Right now." It wasn't like Sungyeol to be so serious--nor call him at 7AM, so he figured it must be. Still, Myungsoo sighed resistantly. "Alright, I'll be there." he slowly spoke before hanging up and looking back to Sungjong who was watching him, he couldnt really tell what the boy was thinking. "I've gotta go somewhere for a bit Sungjong...I'll be back." He muttered, he was more afraid that Sungjong would change his mind by the time he comes back. It seemed like there was something there between them for a moment. He was hesitant to leave.


When Myungsoo finally left out, Sungjong sighed deeply,loudly. Looking up at the ceiling as he brought his hands to his face. What was going on? There was no denying what had just happened. He was kissing Myungsoo, and he wanted too. Did that mean he liked Myungsoo? When did that happen? His head was Jumbled because he realized the fact that, what he'd just felt for Myungsoo was different than what he felt for Hoya. He was comfortable around Hoya--but he never really felt a sense of longing or want like he had. He only loved Hoya as a hyung...but with Myungsoo... "Ugh." Sungjong groaned, rolling over. Of all the dangerous people in the world, he chose Kim Myungsoo to like? He knew it now, he wasn't so sure if he was able to pridefully say these words after all the denial and stubborness he'd put out before this.
.. and If he really did like Myungsoo, What was he going to do? Would he be with Myungsoo then? ...It sounded so bizzare. He was sure he was going to get his heart broken. He was positive of it.

Could he really trust him with that? his heart?

First thing was first, despite if he decided to trust Myungsoo or not...
Dialing a number-- "Hyung? Can we talk for a minute?"

 

 


A/N; The first part was supposed to be in the last chapter. I realized it wasn't there later so i simply added it here ^^/ thats why it seems so out of place.