Chapter 4 - Friendly Date

NO LOVE
Chapter 4 - Friendly Date
 
 
 
 
 
KRIS WU'S POINT OF VIEW
 
Ugh. What was that dream? I dream that Amber went to my house, observe my paintings,compliment them and she even took care of me. I sit on my bed then something fall on my head. A towel? I look around and I saw a tray with a note. I read the note and look at food. 
 
So...
 
I'm not dreaming? I look at the food again and taste it. Yup, It's real. My stomach suddenly growl. Argh. I'm really hungry. I have no choice but to eat this. Hmm. Not bad. Even it is only a porridge, it taste good. I should thank her. I feel so much better right now. But the problem is how will I thank her? It would be weird if I just say thank you since we are enemies? Or maybe I'm just the one who thinks that way. What can I do to make it up to her?
 
 
~~~~~
 
 
It's monday, and I'm nervous as hell. It's about our project plus the plan on saying thank you to Amber. Damn it. I don't do this kind of things. I was already sitting on my chair, waiting for her to come. She's really a slow poke. She is always late on class. Something hit me. I look at Luhan.
 
"What?" I said irritately. He just smile.
 
"So, how was your friday?" He asked with a teasing voice. I furrowed my brow. What does he mean? He sigh and shook his head.
 
"I mean you and Amber? On your house. How does it go?" He asked and shifted to Amber's chair.
 
"We did our project. Wait a minute! How did you know that she went to my house?" I exclaimed and narrowed my eyes on him. 
"I'm the one who gave your address to her." He shrug. Now, I know why she knew my house. I hit his head.
 
"Aww. man. Why did you do that?" He complained. I ignore it and look at him what-do-you-think-look.
 
"You should thank me. If you could only see how desperate she was on that day because of your project." He said while shooking his head. I clear my throat. I feel guilty. He's right. 
 
"Good morning guys!" I voice pop out. We both turn our head and saw Amber smiling brightly. My heart suddenly fell to the floor. . What's going on?
 
"Good morning too." Luhan said and go back to his seat. Amber sit and face me.
 
"Are you okay?" She asked with a genuine concern on her tone. I just nod. I suddenly feel shy around her.
 
"Good." She said and smile again. My starts to beats faster. I look away immediately. Good thing, the teacher came. The whole time I was looking outside the window or directly to the teacher as I avoid her gaze. I groan. This is going to be hard.
 
Finally, the school ended. I deeply inhale and gather all the courage I have. I approach Amber.
 
"Hey, do you have plans tonight?" I asked. I almost stammer. She look at me confused. I put my hand on my nape. Like a shy boy.
 
"Ahh. No. Why?" she said hesitation. I step back and grab her hand and drag her.
 
"Woah. Where are we going?" She asked. I ignore her and continue to walk. When we reach the road, I call out for a taxi. Inside the taxi we sit in the back seat and I whisper to the driver where we going. She look at wandering and with full curiousity. I just smile at her. After a few minutes, we arrived at our destination. She look astonished. 
 
"What are we doing here?" She asked without looking at me. I smirk.
 
"This is my way of saying thank you." I shrug. I just brought her to the amusement park. She look at me while biting her lower lip. She look cute. Damn. What is she trying to do?
 
"Thank you for what?" She asked, tilting her head to one side. What's wrong with my eyes? Everything that she do, it look adorable to my eyes. Damn it. 
 
"For taking care of me last friday..." I said then grab her hands and pull her to the entrance. She nod.
 
"Really? Then your not angry with me anymore?" She asked playfully. I chuckle. 
 
"Maybe." I said then grin. Her smile widened until to her ears.
 
"Yey! Come! Let's try first the Ferris wheel!" She said excitedly while pointing at the ferris wheel. I shook my head and went to ticket booth. The line is not that long. While, were on top...
 
"You know what, this is my first to visit an amusement park." She said then look at the starry sky. 
 
"Why?" I simply asked and look at the sky.
 
"My parents are too busy for this kind of things and we are always traveling. That is also why I don't have permanent friends." She said sadly. I wrap my arms around her and let her head rest to my shoulders.
 
"It's ok. Let's just have fun tonight." I cheerfully said. She nod. After a few turns, the ride ended.
 
"Do you want some ice cream?" I asked her.
 
"Of course! I want the bubble gum flavor." She answered and sit on the bench. I just buy her the ice cream she want, the bubble gum flavor while mine is chocolate. While eating, She wipe some ice cream to my face and run. I narrowed my eyes on her and try to catch her. Thanks to my long legs, I caught her and using my free arm, I wrap it around her waist to stop her and wipe ice cream to her face. Take that as a revenge. Eventually, we laugh like retard in the middle of the crowd but who cares! We're having fun. We stop when our ice cream is done. We clean our faces and went to next ride which is  roller coaster.
 
"This will be exciting!" She exclaimed. I remained silent. After a long torturous minutes of my life, I almost vomit. Damn it.
 
"Hey,are you ok?You look pale." She said. I nod and smile weakly. 
 
"Remind me, not to ride on things again. Please." I joke but its true. She laugh. I'm sure she'll tease me.
 
"Hahaha. Weak. Are even a man?" See, I told you but instead of getting pissed at her, I find it cute. 
 
"Whatever. What else do you want to ride, princess?" I asked. She rub her point finger on her chin and narrowed her eyes to look like she's thinking hard. 
 
"Ah! Carousel!" She screamed. I flinch. Look at her unbelievably.
 
 
 
 
"Are you serious? That's only for child!" I exclaimed. Shooking my head.
 
"Yes, I never been there before. I want to try it." she whispers and pout. Oh, don't look at me like that.
 
"Err. Fine. Let's go." I said unwilingly. She hop like an excited child. I shook my head and follow her. This is so embarassing. We're the only adults that will ride this thing. Ugh.
 
"Yehey! This is so beautiful." She said cheerfully. I stay emotionless and sit on one of the horses. On the other hand, Amber is roaming around the carousel. Kids are looking at her. Who would? She look like a crazy woman, good thing she's beautiful. I stare at her. I realize that she look like an angel lost in paradise...
 
"Hey! Your spacing out!" I wake up at her voice. 
 
"What?" I asked, innocently. 
 
"The ride is done." She said then smile. My heart starts to beats faster again. I nod and hold her hand. Her hands are soft. I feel like a want to hold it for the rest of the day. Ok. What was I thinking?
 
"Are you hungry?" I asked. She shook her head. 
 
"No, I want to go home. It's getting late and I'm tired." She said with gloomy voice. I guess she's really tired. 
 
"Okay. I take you home." I said and hold her hand again. She didn't mind, So, I continue doing it.
 
 
 
 
~~~~~~~
 
 
We're already in front of her appartment.
 
"Uhm. Thanks for today. I really enjoy it." She said and smile. I nod as return. I lean down so I can reach her ears.
 
"I should be the one who say that. You really make me happy today." I whisper and kiss her cheek. She left dumfounded. I walk away with a smile that glued in my face.