Chapter 24 – Sweet Goodbye

NO LOVE

Chapter 24 – Sweet Goodbye

 

 

 

 

AMBER LUI’S POINT OF VIEW (a day before they went to the amusement park)

 

 

Arf! Arf! Arf!

Ace barks as I prepare his food. I chuckle. He’s just like his daddy, impatient as always.

“Here’s your food baby.” I said and give him the food. He wiggle his tail in excitement. I caress his soft fur when I heard my phone ring. I stand up and answer my phone.

“Hello?”  I immediately asks.

“Amber…” I stiffened in that voice. I feel like my blood drains as my heart pounds. It took a while before I answer back.

“Dad…..” I whisper. I heard him sigh on the other side. Please. Don’t. I close my eyes as I imagine what will happen next.

“Go back here.” he said with full authority. I shook my head firmly even though he can’t see me.

“But I don’t want…” I whisper. Hoping he’ll change his mind.

“What? Are you defying me?” he said with angry voice. I wince. I bit my lip and a tear falls on my cheeks.

“No…no…Dad I….” I stop when my voice become hoarse.

“What? You what?” he said sternly. I wipe my tears. It’s pointless if I tried to disobey him since what he said is what should be done. No one can defy my dad. He’s a dictator and no one dares rebel against him. Well, I tried but I ended up being grounded for almost a year and it really feels like I’m prison. I don’t want that feeling again.

“Nothing…” I said almost a whisper and sigh.

“Good. You will the day after tomorrow. Understand?!” I flinch in his last words.

“Yes Dad.” I just said since I have no choice. He hang up. I stare in space, digesting what I have to do. I look around my apartment. Even though it’s been only a few months since I live here, this place grows in me. Some unforgettable memories are made here. Suddenly, memories of Kris and I flashes through my mind. I remember when he came here drunk and I have to take care of him again, when he confess his love and kiss me and all the things that we did here. I still can’t believe that I have leave. My tears are back again. I don’t want to leave. I’m still not ready. If I leave, who will I annoy if I’m bored? Who will protect me if I see Key? And who will make my heart flutter everytime he holds my hand? I burst into tears at that thought. In just a short time a lot of memories are made and I want to continue it the future but I can’t.

Arf! Arf! Arf!

Ace suddenly jump into me. I had to catch him.

“Oww. Baby Ace. What will I do?” I said as I sniff.

 

 

 

 

 

 

KRIS WU’S POINT OF VIEW (back at the present, amusement park)

 

We both pull away, breathlessly. I look into her eyes and it’s filled with tears. I furrowed my eyebrows. I lift my hand and wipe her tears.

“Why? What’s wrong?” I asked as I panic at the same time the ride has finished. I pull her into a less crowded place.

“Hey, tell me what’s wrong?” I begged as I held her both hands and squeezed it. She remain silent but after a while she speak.

“I’m sorry…” she whisper but enough for me to hear. I look at her with confusion.

“For what?” she look away.

“I have to go…” she said and weep.

“I can’t understand you. Go where? What do you mean?” I asked and search I her eyes but she keep on looking away.

“I have to go back to states. It’s my dad orders.” Her voice is hoarse. I gape at her trying to digest what she just said. So, she’s leaving? I feel like my heart suddenly stops beating.

“When?” I mutter. She look down as the tears keep falling from her cheeks.

“Tomorrow…” she whisper. I suddenly pull her into a hug.

“Why? What’s wrong? Are you not happy here?...Please don’t leave…” I begged as my own tears began to flow. She hug me back.

“I don’t know but I can’t disobey my father neither or everything will get worse. I’m seriously happy here especially when I with you. I don’t want to leave you but I have to.” She explain as her hug gets tighter.

“Then don’t leave! Please. I’m begging you.” I cried then buried my face on her shoulders. I heard her sniffing.

“I have to. Please. Don’t make it hard for me.” she tried to pull away. I can now see her face. I kneel down and hold her hand.

“No…please…I’m begging you. Don’t leave me. I can’t imagine my world without you.” I begged as I stoop my head. She cup my face and look straight into my eyes.

“I’m really sorry but you have to let me go…and I guess it would be easy if we stay as friends for now…” she said as she wipe my tears. I stop breathing. Friends? I gently remove her hands and stoop my head then remain silent.

“Kris…please say something…” she utter and kneel down to level her face to me.

 

 

“This was my first real heart break and it really hurt so much. It's painful to hear that we're just friends after all the things that we do…” I said unknowingly. It just came out of my mouth.

“Did you know what hurts me the most? Is when I sacrifice some important things for you but you can’t do the same.” I continued and I fixed my eyes on the floor. I can’t bare to look at her right now.

“Sorry…I’m really sorry…sorry.” She keeps on saying sorry but my heart feels numb right now. I can’t feel anything except sadness and mourn.

“I have to go…Goodbye Kris…till we meet again” her last words before she turn her back on me. I can see her walking away, fading. My world has broken into pieces, it’s like a glass that shattered. My mind was flying. I don’t even know how I got home.

 

 

After a few months

 

“Come on man! You can’t just sit here in your room. It’s summer and we should be having fun!” Luhan exclaimed as he roam around my room. I ignore him and cover my ears with my pillow. I heard him hiss.

“You still can’t move on with her, don’t you?” my body suddenly stiffened. I heard him snicker.   

“I knew it! You’re hopeless. She’s not the only girl in the world Kris! There’s a lot fish in the ocean! You’re handsome though so you can easily find another one!” he said and I can feel him sit on my bed. I throw my pillow at him.

“Idiot! That’s not how it works!” I yelled but he just laugh at me.

“I know that I’m just teasing you…but seriously man, you still have a life to finish with. Why don’t you make yourself successful so if ever you meet in the future you have something that can be proud and she can regret for leaving you…”  he said seriously. That made me think. She was my world but she left nothing. Now, I feel like I have to start from scratch. I look at Luhan and smile. This will be a new beginning.