Chapter 21 – Slowmo

NO LOVE

Chapter 21 – Slowmo

 

 

KRIS WU’S POINT OF VIEW

 

After a few hours of rest, we finally decided to swim. I went to my room to change my shorts. Same thing for Amber. I decided to wait for Amber at the living room. What taking her so long? We’re just going to swim. She doesn’t need to wear something extravagant. I guess. Well, I actually hoping to see her in two peace swimsuit. While I was distracted on my own thoughts someone poke me. I turn around and saw Amber wearing a short shorts with over size t-shirt. My face fall. I feel a little disappointed. Maybe I expect too much? Okaaaayy. I feel like a ert now.

“Kris?” I heard her say. I immediately put a smile on my face. I don’t want to ruin her day just because she didn’t wear a swimsuit which I expected her to wear.

“Let’s go.” I said and offer my hand. She hold my hand then run. I let myself drag by her. I was staring at her back and everything seems to slow down. The waves slowly crash the sand as the birds stops flying. I feel like I press the slowmo button on the remote. She turn her head to me while wearing her angelic smile. My heart beats faster and louder as if it was getting out of my chest. I woke up in reality when the water hit my feet. I saw Amber smirking then she suddenly splash water on me. It took a minute before I processed what just happened. I blink and look at her surprised. I realized that I’m all wet. I narrowed my eyes on her and she immediately run. Thanks to my long legs, I caught her. I wrap my arms around her more like a back hug then I brought her down with me. We both fell on the  salty water and both. She sits and splash more water on me while laughing.

“Amber! . Wait.-“ I can’t finish my sentence with water coming on my face. This girl can be very naughty sometimes. With frustration I wipe my face and splash water on her too. Before I can take my full revenge on her she run again.

“You’re so weak! Weak Kris!” she yelled while running away from me. Ugh. Isn’t she getting tired? I run to catch her but she splash water on my face that made me stop. She run away quickly. Smart girl. I shook my head and grin. You better get ready cause you’re going to my sweet revenge. I stood their not moving and staring at her with a wolfish grin plastered on my face. She stops and frown. Her chest was going up and down. She must be out of breath.

“Why did you stop? I want to play more.” She whined. I chuckle. She’s so childish. I made a gesture on my come closer to me. She nod and walk towards me. When she was just a feet away from me. I splash water on her and run away. It’s my turn. I heard her shriek.

“Then let’s play more!” I shout while running away. I decided not to run fast so she can catch me. For the rest of the hour we just play in the water. Our original plan is to swim but I guess swimming has different meaning for Amber. When we’re tired . We just sit side by side while watching the sunset. I felt Amber shiver.

“Are you cold? Do you want to shower?” I asked her worried. She shook her head.

“No. I want to see the sunset. It’s been a long time since I saw this.” She replied without looking at me. She was smiling and also made me smile unknowingly. I wrap my arm around her shoulder and made her lean on me. We stay like that until the sun disappear. This was a perfect scene. Her by my side and in my arms. Great feeling ever. I sounded like gay. Maybe that was love can do…you can be corny.

“Amber…”I called her. She turn her head. Her face was too close to mine. I can feel her breathe. Her soft pink lips are tempting again. Our face was an inch away. I look in her expressive eyes which I fell inlove with. Our lips was about to touch…

“I guess the two of you are enjoying this much huh?” a voice pop up that made us jerk. I look where the voice came from then I saw Victoria standing with summer dress paired with a hug hat. I frown at her. Good timing.

“Victoria!” Amber exclaimed run into her and hug her. I hissed. Victoria stuck her tongue out on me. I roll my eyes on her.

“Kris said you’ll be here tomorrow?” Amber asked confused. Victoria just smile.

“well, our flight got a little early than expected.” She simply said then smirk at me. I look at her with that-was-a-great-timing-look. She laugh and a boy suddenly came out of the house and wrap her arms around Victoria’s waist. He must be Victoria’s boyfriend.

“Ugh. Guys. This is Calvin my ever so loving boyfriend.” She introduced with huge smile meanwhile Calvin flush and give a shy smile. I clear my throat making their attention throw to mine.

“Let’s cut the introduction. We need to take shower first.” I said and hold Amber’s hands. Victoria gave us a meaningful look and smirk.

“Sure. We’ll just wait at the kitchen. You two do your thing.” She said then giggle. Amber look at her confused while I narrow my eyes on her and shook my head. I drag Amber inside.

“You take the shower on the second floor and I’m on the first floor.” I said then push her a little on the stairs. She pout.

“Yeah. Yeah. No need to push me.” She said then went upstairs. I went to the bathroom and shower. After a few minutes I’m done. I went to the kitchen and saw Victoria and her boyfriend flirting with each other. I roll my eyes and clear my throat to distract them. Victoria glared at me. I just raised my one eyebrow.

“Go get your partner. Don’t interrupt us!” she exclaimed. Me and Calvin laugh. I took the sit in front of them at same time Amber came.

“So what are we going to do?” she asked as she sit next to me.

“How about a barbecue party?” I suggested. They all nod and smile.

“Sounds like a good idea. Amber and I will prepare the ingredients while you two prepare the place.” I nod and stand. Calvin  follow me. Everything went in plan.

Calvin did the barbecue-ing since I hate smoke. I sit beside Amber and poke her.

“Are you having fun?” I asked.  She nod.

“Of course! Though I’m a little worry about school.” She said and look down. I sigh. I feel guilty.

“Sorry. It’s my fault. I shouldn’t ask you to come with me.” I said sadly. She wave her hand in disapproval.

“No. No. I’m not blaming you. It’s my will to come with you besides I want to take some break too. I want to get away from all the things that remind me of Key…” she said but her last words are almost a whisper. Silence surrounds us.

“Hey! Lovebirds! The food is ready! Set the table!: Victoria shout. Amber look at her and nod. Before she stands up, she smile at me and mess my hair.

“Thank you for bringing me here.” She said softly. My heart flatters. I fix my hair and look away before she see me blush. I heard her chuckle.

“Yeah. Sure. It’s my pleasure.” I said without looking at her but to my surprise she suddenly kiss me on the cheeks and whisper “You really look cute when you blush.” I gape at her in surprise. Seriously. I feel like my heart just jump off my chest.

The dinner started well. We talk, laugh and eat. It feels so relaxing like we never had a problems.

“So, this is where you all hide.” I froze as heard that voice. I look at Victoria who also look tense. I gulp and look where the voice came from.

“Mom…” I mutter nervously. How did she find out that we’re here? I immediately hold Amber’s hand.