Chapter 23 - Kiss

NO LOVE

Chapter 23 - Kiss

 

 

 

 

 

KRIS WU'S POINT OF VIEW

 

 

 

 

A week has passed ever since our trip on the island. Everything has change. Mom loosen up on me. She even take brake on her business and stay at home and talk to me. Slowly, I can feel her motherly presence but there is still missing. There is still awkward moments.

 

"Yow! Kris! Where have you been?" Luhan distracted my thoughts as he asked. I look at him and shrug. He furrowed his eyebrows.

 

"Oh come on man! You're gone for a week and same as Amber then your telling me nothing?! How could you!" He exclaimed. I look at him suspiciously.

 

"What's the big deal?" I asked and roll my eyes. He squinted his eyes on me.

 

"Oww. It's a very big deal! What's  going on between you two?" He said as he widened his eyes on me and lean forward. I shift and move backward to my sit. He looks like an investigator. I smirk and shook my head.

 

"Nothing." I simply said. He sigh.

 

"Fine then I'm just going ask Amber later." He said then turn around to go back to his seat. My eyes widened and I immediately grab his arm to stop him.

 

"No! Don't do that! Look man. Its complicated." I said panicky. He chuckles and his eyesbrows.

 

"Ok. Then you tell me what happened." He said with victory on his voice. I frown. Genius bastard! I let out a sigh of defeat. I look at the clock and I think there's an enough time to tell the story. So, I did. I told him everything from Key until to arrange marriage and runaway thingy. He remain silent and listen.

 

"....and that's all." I finish and run my fingers through my hair.

 

"Woah! Man! That's a lot of event! I don't know what to say. How did you manage it? " He commented as he tap my shoulder. I roll my eyes and shrug.

 

"So, what's your status now?" He suddenly ask. I stare at him at the same time Amber came. I was startled by her voice.

 

"Good morning!" She greeted cheerfully. I glance at Luhan. He was also shocked by Amber's presence.

 

"Ahm. Good morning too!" I said awkwardly. She smile and sit.

 

"What are you two talking about?" She asked. I gulp as I heard Luhan fake cough. I smile awkwardly at Amber and shook my head.

 

"Uh...it's nothing important. Don't mind it. Hehehe." I said and look away. I saw her pout at the side of my eye.

 

"No. I think its not nothing." She said suspiciously and I'm trying my best to avoid her gaze. I heard her sigh.

 

"Ugh. Fine. I know neither the two of you won't tell me." She said almost exasperately. Before I can answer back the teacher came.

 

After a long boring school hours of my life finally it ended but the most frustrating moment of it was Amber won't talk to me. I tried to approach her but she avoid. Did I say something wrong?

 

"Amber..." I called her but she ignore me. What the hell? I grab her arm and face her to me.

 

"What's the problem? Did I do something wrong?" I asked sadly. She sigh and hold my hand. I furrowed my eyebrows with confusion. Then she look at me through her eyelashes and a smirk form on her lips.

 

"Pffftt. Wahahaha. You should've seen your face! Priceless!" She mock. I gape at her in surprise. So she was only acting? I frown after I realize what she did.

 

"Argh. You're annoying."  I said exasperated. She chuckles and pinch my nose.

 

"Aww. You're really cute when your pissed." She mock again. I pursed my lips and frown.

 

"Whatever. I'm still annoyed." I whine. She grin then grab my hand.

 

"Then let me make it up to you." She said then drag me out of the room. I look at her confused but I shrug and let her drag me. As we walk out of the school, I keep on asking her where are we going but she just smile at me and shrug. I saw a black tainted motorcycle in front of the school gate. She let go of my hand and hand me the helmet.

 

“Woah! Wait! is this yours? Do you even know how to drive this?” I asked worriedly. She lift her chin and cross her arms on her chest.

 

“Of course! I can drive this! You’re not the only on who have special skills duh!” she stated then roll her eyes on me and put on the helmet. I stare at her in amusement. I never thought she can do this kind of things. She flick my head waking me up to my consciousness.

 

“Are you just going to stand there or hop on and come with me?” she asked and start the engine. I immediately put on my helmet and hop. I grip on the handle at the back of the motor for my support but she get my hand and wrap it around her waist. My heart is beating wildly. Then she starts to drive. My mind was flying around the air but all I care right now is my arms around her waist. I don’t even notice where are we going. When I notice that we stop, I hurriedly remove my hands and get off then I realize that we are in front of the amusement park. I turn around and face her.

 

“What are we doing here?” I asked as she remove her helmet. She smile at me then hold my hand.

 

“This is my way of saying sorry to you.” She stated seriously. I gape at her with confusion.

 

“Saying sorry for what? Did you do something wrong?” I asked. She’s really acting weird. She shrug and drag me inside the park. There’s something wrong I can sense it!

 

“Hmm. Since this is my treat. Where do you want to ride first?” she asked cheerfully. Even though I’m not in the mood, I still don’t want to disappoint her.

 

“Carousel.” I tried to be cheerful. She smile widely and lead the way. There is something wrong with her smile. I feel like she’s hiding something. The ride was not boring at all though all I did was stare at Amber. We also tried the remaining rides and finally I notice that her smiles are fake. I can feel it. This is wrong. Currently, we are sitting next to each other at the ferris wheel.

 

“Is there something wrong?” I asked seriously. She shook her head. I furrowed my eyebrows.

 

“You can’t fool me! I know you’re hiding something. What is it?” I said with authority in my voice. She sigh and close her eyes but she remained silent. I hold her hand. I sigh in defeat.

 

“Amber…What are we?” I mutter as my heart beats faster and louder. At the same time, our cable reach the topmost part of wheel and the fireworks began to explode. She stare into my eyes. Her expressive has a lot of unspoken feelings. I saw her gulp.

 

“What do you mean?” she whisper. I grip at her hand.

 

“I mean…you know I love you right?…but…ugh…I’m not pressuring you…but…what am I to you?...do I have a chance?” I stammer and look away. I’m so nervous. For a minute she remain silent then she suddenly caress my cheeks using her free hand. Her touch made my body shiver. She lean closer until I can feel her breathe. Her lips touch mine and all the negative feelings I had were gone. Our lips move perfectly with each other….